Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Vitolo

Vaporist
My bad Ed.
I read "Been searching for SS tubing with a thinner wall".. and somehow thought you wrote "SSV tubing":doh:

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is OK my way... thanks.
I just stay a bit too busy these days....
I need to "reel it in" a bit, and get chillin'!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Tomorrow is your day of rest right, know how you do it, enjoy!

Thanks Hogleg, I appreciate ya!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hogleg do I have your only Solo?

Spun the Coco Solo Tubes yesterday. I am thinking it will be better if ya cant remove the wood from the SS. These have a really snug fit and are super dense. Cocobolo being the species it is finishes so nice, I really really dig working it! These will be going out Tuesday for beta. Cant wait to hear how they perform.

2012-03-31_19-08-21_216.jpg

2012-03-31_19-08-32_59.jpg

2012-03-31_19-08-14_213.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Those look awesome! What kinda finish do you use on those and how do we clean them?

OhTheAgony,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for the kind words Agony. All I use to finish em is a buffing wheel and then some Bomb Ass Butter that I make, just like most else out there, beeswax, mineral oil and natural essence oil. There will be a screen inserted just in the SS where the wooden tube slides in. Depth is just over 1/2", with the one clear hole all the way through the tube and only a mesh SS screen the airflow is consistent and unrestricted. The screen can bu pushed out and feel like to clean the tube you will never submerge it and can dip a few pipe cleaners in ISO, shake off the excess and push through the wood. That should do it. I had a lot of fun testing the Bocote the other night, hope to hear the same from these beta's. Thanks again agony for your interest!

hogleg

no I have more those look fantastic. How well do they meet a 14mm GonG ?

hogleg,

u bwade wunner

Depth is just over 1/2", with the one clear hole all the way through the tube and only a mesh SS screen the airflow is consistent and unrestricted. The screen can bu pushed out and feel like to clean the tube
very nice Ed.

Did you manage to pick up some thicker SS tube?.

They look the bomb especially the all dark wood coco stems.Have either two been spoken for yet? :brow: enjoy youre few weeks of freedom.Im sure you are gonna be swamped with all the solo owners out there.I think there are a little more than a few.
Listen out for that rumble.
I guess you ve had a few enquiries :lol: .

good luck man

u bwade wunner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Nah none have been spoken for U Bwade Wunner, these Betas are nice. One of the wood tubes is just slightly smaller OD where it meets the SS not really noticeable and have to take into consideration that these are betas. The SS tubing is still the large OD I had on the boco, just bored out the bowl end a little more so they would warm up quicker. Got slammed with inquiries just after I posted the boco tubes last week or so ago, had quite a bit of buzz, not sure how many Solo's are out there but if these work out, I hope to be able to keep up! Neither have been spoken for, each is very sweet though. Am picking up the high temp Oring this morning and they ship tomorrow. Hope to have some feedback by the end of the week.

Thanks for the recognition Agony! Hope to have good things to say soon!

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
2012-04-02_17-51-29_712.jpg

Got these pieces in yesterday, 1000-3000 year old Irish Bog Oak, this stuff is black as night! Gonna sit on it for a little while and think about what will come of them for a while.

Solo betas go out today!

Am also told my LB Stems work for the Iolite, anyone here used the two together? Would like to hear bout it!

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
So recently i got together with ed and got some custom stems done. They came out amazing and i would like to show off more of eds amazing work. Check them out...

First we have the ebony and white custom stems. They have amazing striping and speckled in black and white and a smooth lip feel
5m05z8.jpg

Next we have custom stems made of Ancient Kauri. Brown with very light swirls and a somewhat rough texture, this wood isnt as impressive as others to look at, but has a impressive story to tell. This prehistoric timber comes from the northern island of new zealand, buried at the time of the last ice age. Each Kauri tree grew for a minimum of 1200 and this wood has undergone extensive and conclusive radio carbon dating, aging it between 30,000-50,000 years old. The cert of auth says so! As close as it gets to vaping from a fossil.
35le1ef.jpg

Lastly, is my new favorite (i say that with every new set of stems) bethlehem Olivewood. This amazing wood has fantastic swirling and a very smooth feel. Olivewood is a subtropical evergreen tree, which has edible fruit. Many are over 300 years old, and some have been growing since the time of christ. In october, the trees are pruned and the wood is sold to craftsmen, no trees were harmed or destroyed in the making of these stems! The cert of auth says its true!
hs44ya.jpg

I love the shortys so much, i got two of every wood and a long stem to match. They are from the same block of wood so its kinda fun to try to line up the grain pattern on the two stems to see where they were once together. So my stem collection grows....ed is the man....thanks again!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow those pics look sweet Pimp, thanks for posting them. I had seen kauri round and had seen it been mentioned as ancient, didnt know they had that kinda story! I really like the Olivewood, the tones and colors in it makes for a special piece! Glad you like em and thank you for the kind words.

I must say you have got to have an impressive selection of stems by now!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Now you are styling, YoGranMazPimp.
If I dare say so... you sir, are "walking the walk"!

Waling the walk!!! I like that Vito!

Got a couple of Solo betas out yesterday Priority shipping here in the states, should be there as early as tomorrow. Sent one out of the country so will take a little longer to hear feedback but am so anxious to get positive results... I have done this a couplea times with the betas and new products, the anxiety is always tough during this period, I do hope it goes well.

Ed's TnT,
damn ed you bout to be knee deep in just vape products lol. thats ok though somebody has to do it and you are def good at what you do bro... I hope to get back in the game soon, I gotta bw crz that needs a lil pimpin out.. thankin bout uh figured bw walnut stem from my friend ed...

PanicFreak,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
damn ed you bout to be knee deep in just vape products lol. thats ok though somebody has to do it and you are def good at what you do bro... I hope to get back in the game soon, I gotta bw crz that needs a lil pimpin out.. thankin bout uh figured bw walnut stem from my friend ed...

Wow bet you liking that CRZ freak! You know I got something for ya, just holla when ready and ill get ya fixed up bro! I hope y'alls garden is coming along, had some tough weather the other day, hope all is well!

Ed's TnT,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Man, I love that Irish Bog Oak. You wouldn't happen to have a big enough piece to turn a vape from now would you? That would look SO good on my desk :brow:

OhTheAgony,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Man, I love that Irish Bog Oak. You wouldn't happen to have a big enough piece to turn a vape from now would you? That would look SO good on my desk :brow:

Sorry Agony dont have anything that large, a piece that size would be a hellova price, I have some on the way of pieces I may be able to make dugouts from, it was really expensive. Wish I could be of more help to ya. Thanks for the inquiry!

Ed's TnT,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Too bad, I've never seen wood that black unless it was charred, amazing. I bet it would look great on the handle of this little dagger I bought in Spain last year too, but it already has some other type of wood on it that's to pretty to remove just yet. Have you ever made any knife handles though?

It will be interesting to see what you'll turn it in to as well anyways, please share it when the time comes :tup:

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom