Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

KidFated.

Unknown Member
How easy are the wooden air stems to clean? easier than glass? and is it a replaceable screen?

Edit: just read the post above..

Cant use ISO to clean. What can I use?
NO ISO!!!

I recommend not cleaning and let the wood absorb the flavor lol but if n when I rarely clean I use alcohol you can drink. I personally use Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey. The honey leaves a nice flavor when it drys. Also do not soak! Just a damp qtip or cloth or paper towel something like that.

Don't mean to steal Ed's thunder but I figured I'll let you know what I do

VANVAS

Hi all!
Glad to see your work Ed ! Thanks to make for us just a easy life!
I just want to ask you and make sure a question, i can suppose ( sorry to ask you this ) did you make the end of the metal rounded to not enlarge or broke any o ring that air got, right?? You understand me ?
Thanks Ed!!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, I hope all is well out there. I have been busy and forgotten that I hadnt shown a new piece I have designed for the MiniVap, my man @stickstones got with me a while back and asked if I could work up an adapter for that unit. He had a delrin cap that was placed over the the top of the unit and wanted something similar done in delrin or even PTFE or maybe even wood. I tried this and that, went to my CNC guy and got some numbers but the cost was quite high. I gave it some thought and made an adapter that would simply fit snug over the nipple of the device. These adapters have to be pushed on and are held in place by compression and holds well. He has been doing some intense testing with it and has sent a piece off to another user for testing with positive results. Wanted to share with you all here that may not know about them over at the MiniVap thread, hope you all like!

Eds%20MV%20Cocobolo%20amp%20Blackwood%2018mm%20MP-Wongs_zpskkuwayfi.jpg

@bluenavey00 absolutely offer shipping internationally, worldwide for free! @NickDlow no thunder stolen bro, your words are well said and spot on with what I would say, well done boss! Follow my man's advice and you'll be good to go as far as cleaning goes.

@subway13029 I got to get my butt in gear, I made some stem clip removal tools but sold out and haven't made more, so much I need to do. In fact I have a metal compass like the kind you had in school, take the metal pointed end and stick in one of the eyelets of the clip then with a backward and upward to dislodge the clip, lift it up and out, replace the screen and the mash the clip back in, you could use the eraser end of a pencil to seat the clip over the screen or something similar. Doing my best to get the Lily worked in this week and hope to have something for show and tell soon!

@Knxwledge Thanks for stopping by and for the post! Cleaning is not the same as glass at all, first off you will never ever submerge or soak the wood in any liquid! The screen in replaceable, there is a small internal retaining clip installed over the screen to ensure it stays in place. The clip can be easily removed by using the technique I explained to @subway13029 above. You may also use Snappo's technique as well! I appreciate you @Snappo for your advice!

@KidFated. How bout it my man, hows the summer going and how many lunkers have you landed? Wanna hear about it bro!

@VANVAS Hello and thank you for you question, no offense taken at all, I understand your concern! What I have done is when finishing the pieces I lightly file and grind the edge of the bushing to eliminate the sharpness somewhat. Guess we need to ask @Justpassedu what his findings are on this issue, with all his use he would know first hand, pls let us know my man!

@spiggot Yes sir worldwide for free! You have and @bluenavey00 have given me a good idea, I will post my shipping info in my signature to help others in the future! Other wood species will come in the future, just thought itd be cool to introduce them in the BO first off as a special kinda thing, not sure when, have so so much to do before then. Thanks for the post!

The boys and I will be out of town for the next couple days, will do my best to get back to any other questions or concerns for the short time some today, gotta get bags packed and cell phones charged, 4 hours riding for youngens is a long haul, gotta keep em entertained somehow, thankfully our data plan resets tomorrow! Alabama here we come!

spiggot

Thanks for the quick reply Ed. I took a chance and placed the order anyway, as most of the site seemed to say free worldwide shipping. This bit was the bit that concerned me.

• Shipping & Delivery
  • At this time, Ed's TnT ships merchandise to locations within the United States and U.S. territories, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands. Additionally, Ed's TnT ships merchandise to Canada and Mexico, but not to other international locations. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Web site pass to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier.

Any idea how long your shipping method takes to the UK?

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@spiggot Hmmm this concerns me and I should address this, may I ask where you saw this and copied it from? I ship orders on Mondays and Tuesday only for free, will ship any other day but that cost is up to you! Just get busy and try to spend the end of the week in the shop working wood. Your order will go out Monday and you will receive tracking by email the night before it ships. I would say typically on average 2 weeks or less, have heard it make it there sooner sometimes later. Pls let me know about the above and I will go from there. Thanks for the biz and I appreciate you!

spiggot

I wanted the wooden stem for a big festival I'll be spending a few days at. I will be heading there exactly three weeks today, so if it can't ship until Monday that's leaving it very tight. I thought the wooden stem would be a lot better than carrying around a glass one in my pocket, which is likely to break and end up stabbing me or something as I doubt I will carry a case around with me all day. Hopefully it will be no more than two weeks, or I will have to take a glass stem.

The section I quoted from your site is at the following link
http://shop.edstnt.com/termsandconditions.sc

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Woooohoooo lions, tiger, zebras and things!!! We had a blast at Bham, was alot of fun! Wow we walked a little more than 6 miles, by the end of the night the boys legs were sore and wasnt but a minute or two before they were asleep, it was lights out! The zoo was great and the museum was awesome, saw lots of animals and beautiful art and even some weird art but really neat! The day before we left I finished up the kitty condo and smokey loves it, he was really leery at first, he was eyeballing it from afar, would get a little closer bobbing his head looking all kinda ways, was funny. Once he got on the bottom part it was on, he was doing some serious investigations then, he was on the bottom layer, looking in the center tube, climbed in there and was popping his head out the hole checking out where to go next, the wife put it by a window and she said he stayed on the top layer for several hours looking out the window just happy as he could be. After it was all said and done I got about $80 in it and several hours work, 150' of rope doesnt go very far when you are wrapping round the posts. Was fun but dont think I will be doing another. I know why they charge so much, it aint the materials, its the time put into it!

Kitty%20Condo_zps1wwwhdf5.jpg

I got back yesterday and squeezed in a little time to make a gift for someone, saw this on the internet and thought I have some old wood and rusty barb wire so I put this together, its 24"L x 16"W

Wood-%20Wire%20Cross_zpsgkpwys1d.jpg

Check out some of the art we saw

Art%203_zpsrfmecf9m.jpg

My boys were like, these paintings keep looking at me, lol!

These are from an Alabama local guy that had several pieces there, I cant recall his name at the moment

Art%202_zpsa0hqijpq.jpg

Just thought this one was cool

Art%201_zpsjnlom8uc.jpg

Hope you all dig the work I did and what we saw! Got to get back in the shop, got orders to fill and pieces to work up!

@NickDlow Thank you my man, was good fun and quality time, the only thing that sucked was the pool was out at the hotel, oh youngens werent happy about that, thats why I booked the place, was a 4 star joint! All is good though made some memories, good ones and thats what its all about!

@Aezhenn Thanks for stopping by and posting up your info, thanks for that and the well wishes!

@VANVAS I would say they have a slightly dulled edge where I file and grind the end of the bushing to take a little of the edge off. Should be fine and all should be good, I would just suggest not getting carried away with insertion, no need to jam it in just let it warm up and then push in softly, you should be ok.

@SSVUN~YAH I dont think you have mentioned that but I am glad you did with all the pics! What a fine collection you have of this species! I also dig Cocobolo, its a wild wood with a lot of flavor. Its a trip, I have turned a couple dozen pieces and put them in a box and asked someone if they could name the species and they are like this one is cocobolo and this on is but not sure about these others, they were all cocobolo but they could not tell! What a fine blessing from Mother Nature!

@momofthegoons What a beautiful picture, I immediately saved the pic and texted it to my son, he was so happy and said thank you so much! Its in a very good spot and I hope you enjoy using it for a long long time to come! Oh remember what he said, "tell your friends", lol!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon everyone, I hope all is well out there! I have a little extra cash today after having checked my bank account to start the week and wow was it burning a hole in my pocket, lol, I started thinking what do I need, what do I want, what can I do, what could I do???? Ohhhh so I got on the internet and started making calls to my wood turning tools and supplies dealers, was talking to techs about this idea and that and spent a couplea three hours ordering stuff. I placed my first order for $100, got to looking around more and calling others and before I knew it I had to call where I first placed my order and told them to put a hold on it and add to it, so I have tripled it the end and should have this new tooling idea in the works very soon. I am so excited, have been thinking and thinking for a while trying this idea and that which never quite worked out right but a breakthrough happened today and I feel I have exactly what I need to make my idea a reality. Soon yall soon I will know if this investment will be the answer I have been searching for for quite some time. Give a guy a few extra bucks and watch out, what will I get myself into next? Well tonight is my youngests last ballgame, its going to a be a nice night for it and they are having a pizza party afterwards, he is excited and so am I, will be a lot of fun! I am excited about this week also cause I have gotten so much work done and out the door that I can get to what matters most, the few remaining pending custom orders and creation time for the few units I still have on the bench, I hope I can get everything done, I am really looking forward to show and tell as soon as I am done and hope you all will like what I have come up with.

@grokit Hello and thanks for the post, am glad you like that! I actually used a concrete 12" form tube for those, was cheaper than PVC pipe and works just as well. Like I said not many $'s invested just quite a bit of time. All things look easy til you actually start putting in the time, before you know it you got a while into it.

@Reflections Hello there, I got to get with you about that vase, have a few different species now, cedar, honey locust and red oak, which would you prefer? Guess I need to get ya a pic. Glad you like the pics I posted, the cross took alot less time than the kitty condo, actually made one for pastor yesterday before church last night, he loves it, said he has just the place for it! Well the Dr. apt went well but learned I have to get some more work done, I am scheduled for another surgery Friday at 8am, she says that this time shouldnt be quite as aggressive and this should be the last and final time I have to go under. Aint no hill for a stepper, hope I ll only be down for a day or so, cant afford to continue to let work pile up. It is what is and what I have to do, my wallet is feeling it too!

@snamuh Watchout, so its been a few days bro, whats the word? Thanks for the post and pls let me know your thoughts, am anxious to hear from you!

@beach bum Glad you like, we had a an awesome time, I hope I can get em back once more this summer before school, surely Ill have another check up before then, theres the motorsports and aviation museum we didnt get to see! Thanks for stopping by, I hope all is well down your way, enjoy the day my friend!

snamuh

ghost
@Ed's TnT its great ed!
It seems to have the best airflow out of all my stems, including a pvhes gong. I like the bowl, I have been placing one of the spare screens over a filled stem to keep anything from falling into the AA heater. Keeps everything nice and clean. Love the two tone, and build quality. Using it reminds me of my old folding wood Combustion pipe. It just feels good.

Between the easier airflow and the stainless steel bowl, there does seem to be a learning curve for draws. And as it has been with my other stems, I'm getting better with it each use. Tasty :)

There is one thing that I was indifferent about, and that is how easily it slides into the air. For loading and removing, it makes it much easier! When the unit is cold it does have a tighter fit. The reason why I bring this up is because I plan on keeping the stem connected to the air while I travel with it in my pocket. -- I was out taking photos at a beach park today with the air and stem. I put the air in my pocket with the stem and a MFLB battery cover to cap the stem hole (fits great). Everything stayed together just fine, even with me getting in strange positions. And just now, at home, removing the stem, it has a great feel to it, almost like its magnitized. (Is that weird? haha)
So, yeah... Seems like its just what I was hoping for!

Will try to add a picture to this post later.

Thanks again!

EDIT:
qN7LVIR.jpg

0pNUvo9.jpg

J2FD5ds.jpg

WL19fbr.jpg

lUQRxbB.jpg

to8Z3Bg.jpg

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning @snamuh Wow what awesome pics and great results you have had with it! I am very pleased and must say that piece makes a great combo with your unit! I really appreciate your post of your findings, this is very helpful and hope others here find it just as helpful. Nice method for toting on the go, well done. After all is said and done, if you are happy, I am happy and I thank you!

Edit below -

Oh and check out what PIU did to promote my pieces,

eds-tnt-bog-oak-wood-stem-arizer-air-_zpsnmpzqynj.jpg

Randy is a solid guy!

Additional Edit -

Moneys still burning a hole in my pocket, just dropped a little more on some lumber for a new project, think I am bout tapped out now!

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've always been so jealous of the people in the Underdog thread posting their amazing looking stems, so I had to shell out for one :)

Very great service. Always got back to me quickly, and I really know next to nothing about wood, just that I like good looking wood. Told him I was interested in the Amboyna Burl, he let me know he had some really great looking Red/White Burl in.....that meant really nothing to me at the time, Burl is Burl right?

s9Zw7Vp.jpg

94kdMyT.jpg

7HTGpFW.jpg

hUc5LWm.jpg

So gorgeous. I only wish I had made it a bit bigger so I could marvel at more of the wood lol. I'll certainly be ordering more things in the future; you can FEEL the quality and craftsmanship that went into it. Just need some ideas for sleek looking wood :p

Here it is with it's master:

Qun0ZdQ.jpg

Top Bottom