Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

hoyo77

Watch out, anybody else wanna throw something in? Yall ever heard of that old story/fable Stone soup?

Some travelers come to a village, carrying nothing more than an empty cooking pot. Upon their arrival, the villagers are unwilling to share any of their food stores with the hungry travelers. Then the travelers go to a stream and fill the pot with water, drop a large stone in it, and place it over a fire. One of the villagers becomes curious and asks what they are doing. The travelers answer that they are making "stone soup", which tastes wonderful, although it still needs a little bit of garnish to improve the flavor, which they are missing. The villager does not mind parting with a few carrots to help them out, so that gets added to the soup. Another villager walks by, inquiring about the pot, and the travelers again mention their stone soup which has not reached its full potential yet. The villager hands them a little bit of seasoning to help them out. More and more villagers walk by, each adding another ingredient. Finally, a delicious and nourishing pot of soup is enjoyed by all.

Sounds like a good time for all! I know I have seen it mentioned one time here or there in a thread here at FC about an FC meetup kinda thing, itd be a hellova thing and I would be more than happy to provide the place/space to do something like that one day! Good people, great eats, even better drinks, vapes all around!
My mom bought me that book as a kid...i still have it. Good story. Hey man my VAS is fucking with me and i need you to do some work for me again my brotha. I see you hooked up a stem for the lily vaporizer...i would like to get one made out of the wood i have left. Holla at me! Oh i saw you were smelling fish in an earlier post. I caught some plate sized catfish last night. frying them up today in an iron kettle with some peanut oil. deep frying some biscuits to go with it.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Watchout, the fry is at @hoyo77 house, shit if I leave now I could be there by night fall! Yeah I did do a piece for the Lily but feel I rushed it, I just did a replica of the glass. After rapping with @steama and giving it some more thought I am going back to redesign, there is so much more I can do for the Lily and wanna give it another try or two. Pls hang in there with me and I will have Steamas Lily back in my hands for the upgraded versions. Let me turn these ideas into reality and we will go from there if you like. I think you will be very happy with what I have in mind!

hoyo77

Watchout, the fry is at @hoyo77 house, shit if I leave now I could be there by night fall! Yeah I did do a piece for the Lily but feel I rushed it, I just did a replica of the glass. After rapping with @steama and giving it some more thought I am going back to redesign, there is so much more I can do for the Lily and wanna give it another try or two. Pls hang in there with me and I will have Steamas Lily back in my hands for the upgraded versions. Let me turn these ideas into reality and we will go from there if you like. I think you will be very happy with what I have in mind!
I am already happy with what you have in mind...go ahead and pimp that thang out, just make 2....lol

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Watch out, anybody else wanna throw something in? Yall ever heard of that old story/fable Stone soup?
Alright @Ed's TnT U have the crappie and hushpupies @DieHard has the stone crab @NickDlow hooken up the Lobster I'm gonna load up the ATV grab the 30/06 and go rustle up some venison, and some gator,maybe make up some swamp cabbage!! Ha
All my viddle's are from the Florida Everglades!!

I almost forgot the most important thing @Snappo we're going to need u to bring that pose!!

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Damn damn damn, what a party we would have yall! I gotta tell yall @Snappo grows some of the finest peppers I have ever eaten, I know he would be able to add that extra touch to this dinner that would set it off!

@beach bum hope you like bud heavies!
Yessir!!! Got a fresh batch of Chile peppers, Jalapeño, and Habanero blossoming now! Hot and delicious!!!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good day to everyone, I wanted to show this off as soon as I could get it made! I hope you all enjoy show and tell and as much as I did creating this piece! Thanks so much for all you do @steama !

2015-03-08%2006.17.29_zpsbudzh7o1.jpg

2015-03-08%2006.18.27_zpsbws0tdlr.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow, very clever indeed @Ed's TnT — is that wong 14mm or 18mm? — gives Lily users even more reason to get one for their watertool. Sweet piece my friend can't wait to give it a spin. :nod:

Thanks so much for the ideas and inspiration you gave me to create that piece! I do so enjoy making pieces that I have never done before, it really get me out of the day to day box I find myself in alot of the time. Don't get me wrong each and every piece I make even if it's a couple hundred of the same species and same piece as in solo stems, yes each is as unique as the many many different snow flakes that fall from the sky, each has its own personality but after a while of doing it over and over you aren't able to see the story it's telling or feel the beauty of such small details that make it it's own piece. I have to look hard and do always examine every single blank from one end to the other and all four sides just hoping I get it how Mother Nature would want it. It may sound crazy and all in my head but I feel if I don't take that second look at it then maybe it's story will never be told. Don't get me wrong I am in no way what you may call a tree hugger or even a bark humper, I do love trees and seeing them standing tall for all to see, but I ain't against utilizing a gift from mother nature either. That piece has a 14mm taper on it so it can be used how ever you find it best to do so. I am really glad you like it and do so look forward to your thoughts and feelings after you have used it! Thanks again for putting the thoughts in my head and getting my gears a grinding!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Well well, here we go again went back to the drawing board once more after I got some more input into what the Lily might better suit the unit and its users, I know very little about how this device performs, I know basically how it works, just cant find the time to do much research into it due to all the duties that life has in it and the enormous amount of wood work I have to do. @steama has been a very helpful guy that probably has more time spent in the the creation process of endeavor than I do, yes it my third time to work my magic but if it wasnt for steama initial idea to get it to me in the first place and his continued efforts to do all the research and brainstorming that I just simply dont have time for than I would have no idea when I would be able to devote the amount of time as he has. I gotta tell ya, he has spent much much time from running it through his head, to explaining it to me by PM's and by phone to making very details diagrams of his ideas so all I have to do is look at it grab the unit, mic it for sizes, then turn it out. I was hoping to have had show and tell yesterday evening but as it is no surprise in my world something always comes up and I have to push back what I had planned, but thats what its about, killing rats must be done, its part of the daily routine and where you kill one another one will arise and needs dealt with also.

So on to the show and you then I will tell!

2015-03-11%2004.58.15_zpsz1o8qo70.jpg

What I have done was to make a two stem system, I have made the outer stem where you see that it sits in the recess of the unit snug, on that end of the outer stem it has been turned to the same size as the recess also, so the outer stem can be pulled out of the unit and flipped then reinserted into the recess, this eliminates the need for the oring and opens the entire cavity of the unit can collect the vapor. You will also see that I have made a smaller but slightly longer inner stem to add overall length as suggested by Steama for cooling the vapor. In a pic below I will show and tell how the two work when paired.

This is the shot of how the outer stem could be used all on its own as I said just seated nice and snug just in the recess neat and snug

2015-03-11%2004.59.00_zpsvp47nmgl.jpg

Ok in the pic below you can see the two paired which considerably lengthen the vapor pathway. Now keep in mind this is my this is my first attempt at this design, I was kinda rushed to get it done and know and feel that it may change slightly and most certainly be a more stable and solid joining and bonding between the two, you can see a little gap or looseness where they meet but its no big deal, this will give you all a good idea of where I am at hoping that this new system will alleviate what I have heard that the vapor gets quite hot and uncomfortable at times. Now Steama was concerned about the smaller outer stems having a smaller draw hole which may hinder and restrict air flow but I am not so sure, to me the air flow doesnt seem to be hard to draw through where it felt to me to be adequate. I know he mentioned wanting to get the stem out of the unit itself so it opened up that entire part of the Lily so there would be no obstructions and I think he was right and that maybe why I felt as thought the draw through the two just seemed to be free and easy.

2015-03-11%2005.00.30_zpscmvy7red.jpg

Now with all that being said, I hope you all will think about what I have done and by all means if you see something I dont, hey step to the plate, I wanna make sure I am able to do all I can before I get beyond buried with other activities and also while its still in design mode. I am really enjoying this task and it has been fun to experiment with this completely new idea I have been able to make happen. I can see the 2 stem system being a good idea for some vapes if possible and would think that if I can perfect it here that I maybe able to integrate the two into other vapes where it may be possible. Up until now I had only done a 2 piece set for the Ascent which was essential for it to be used as its intended. Alright lets have it, I am anxious to hear what you all think and suggest, have a look and give it some thought and share what you think and by all means feel as to what you think I could do or do not to improve it more so if I can do more than I have.

Now that S&T is done and after I kill a few more rats and wrap up some admin work, I gotta take Major to the vet for shots and gonna get my boys for a few days of hanging out and quality time while they are out for spring break, just sucks for them to be out this week and we have had rain in the forecast every day past and in the several more to come. Really really sucks when its this time of year and they arent in school and we know had it now be raining so damn much and all this fresh water going into the ponds and lake that the fish would be biting as I had posted a few back and we would be having a good time, who aint having a good time catching fish right. So now we are having to figure out a new plan for what we can get into so not to be out in the rain and catching colds. I am gonna do some googling and see what kinda neat and fun children's events they are having in the city or round the state and we might go for a little drive looking for a little excitement indoors maybe a the science museum or what have you where ever good times are to be had, we aint scared, aint no hill for a stepper, where there fun and good times to be had we will pile in the truck and shag ass to it. Its always nice to just get out and away from the day to day and drive a bit to the big city where not only can we do and see cool things but also gotta eat and there is tons of great places there. the local little town 20 minutes away for choices its rather limited, you got so so mexican and always McDonalds and KFC, and if that aint what you want, well do cook it yourself, do without or you are just shit outa luck. Hell we are lucky I guess to have a walmart, oh I freaking hate walmart, I mean hate em, and just get all pissed off when I am in there and I dont mind searching out the manager and telling them just how much I hate how they treat us the customers there, they know that no matter what they do or say, they care nothing about you, your feelings, or what you want, screw you, where else you gonna go get those have too's and hope they still carry what you routinely buy, but if not they dont give a shit that you liked it and there is no where else to get it, you gonna pack it up and drive an hour to the city just to get that syrup that I loved so much with my biscuits, nah, it is what it is and just another way the big bad walmart corporation comes into these small towns and squeezes out the local business mom and pop joints and enslave the townsfolk by giving them what they run out of town and thats a small check that just gets em by. F' walmart!

Enough of my ranting and raving, guess its the cost of living on the little piece of heaven I have out in the country where I can and will do what ever we see fit as long as we wanna and get just as stupid and ignorant we wanna be and nobody's gonna tell us we cant! Oh I love it, we have a few acres not many, small plots of old cut-over where the trees are still kind small and plenty of grassy open area where the kids have plenty of room to ride and do as long as they want without having to worry about cars coming by or even creepy people near by, its heaven to us and why there is no place like home and where I will always feel at peace and where I wouldnt rather be!

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I really like the idea of nixxing the o-ring. I think that is a genius design. What is the percentage that the recessed Lily hole :dog: could change diameter after repeated insertions? And when can I get one. You and steama have come up with a concept that I think can help many out. What is the overall length of the stem when assembled as in the third picture? I think it looks great. :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What about if the main stem was just a little longer? I wouldn't mind it stocking out a little and would appreciate the longer length (good idea seeing the intake better! Have to take off my glasses as is now), but I dont think I like more moving parts, more to get dirty and sticky, more cleaning. I'd rather have one piece personally, the wider one

Incredible work as always Ed!

Bvapst

Neat !
So the simple stem is roughly the same size as the Lily glass mouth-piece ?
While the double-one would be twice as long so...
I like both of them and I'll be ordering one of the stems for sure ! It will depend on the need to cool down the vapor. I'll wait the Lily before to order :p

Also an idea @Ed's TnT ... I have been thinking about a Lotus wood stem/pipe for a long time ! I love to take my lotus outside and your sliding-design would be perfect to make it pocket-able ! Basically the bowl should be 14mm joint fitting for the WPA and the stem going at around 45° from the bowl walls so we can have a good view on the plate. Size of the stem could be around 8cm (+-15cm when open). Let me know if I can give you some picture/drawings and take a bit of your time for that project !
Enjoy your time and piece of freedom !

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@1_gr8_underdog glad you like and thanks for your interest! Ok so the recess of the Lily is rather deep and the Lily in the pic is Cherry and in that units case is really hard wood. The recess seem to be a little more so deeper on one side than the other due to the way of its shape and design, if I remember somewhat and I gotta tell ya, my memories are tending to escape me as of late, I would say the deeper side maybe close to 3/8" and on the low side would be there about 1/4". Now the shoulder of the outer stem is as you see seated fairly close to flush on the inner side and not so on the outer, that being said the shoulder is there about the width of the deeper side of the recess and is what it is at this point. Now African Blackwood being as dense as it is and the cherry fairly dense, also I turned it so that it is damn near within a couple three or four thousandths of an inch so there would be no room for play or wobble of any kind, that and the wood characteristics between the two just pair well so I dont think that would be an issue, it is the first one and what the hell do I know right! As far as when they will be available I am not going to put a date on it, I still gotta give Steama a couple of days to stool on this design and find out what he sees and what else may or may not need be done. I wanna get it how its best to be before I have to his Lily back and it will still probably be a few days before I get his thoughts of performance be it good or bad. I just wanna get it right before I waste any more time sending it back to him and in the end we go back to redesign and he has to send it back once more and all the lost time and effort. Overall length of the two I wanna say it close to or maybe just over 4".

@Seasoned Senior Thanks for the kind words and for posting up, I appreciate it!

@Shit Snacks Hello and thanks for stopping by, actually the smaller stem is just a little longer, As far as whats what and all will be I havent settled on anything yet, hell just the larger stem may be all one needs being as how that cavity where the stem is housed normally is wide open and some what of a containment area sorta with the wood stem as I have made it not really sure how it may improve or not its performance with just the single stem. Hell if I can just get Steama happy and settled with my next attempt at this style and he feels good about it then I am gonna pack it up and send it off to him for final inspection and testing, when hes done and can put his stamp on it then soon after they will go to production there after depending on the work load at that time. Matter of fact I just got am email from Randy at PIU, he is a great guy and has always been a big believer, supporter, and is now really wanting to step up how he wants to promote my piece more so than he ever has with some great ideas that should reach more people in ways that I havent and turn them into customers that maybe werent and havent been before. I gotta reply back to him soon, hes about to send me all kinds of stuff for design and such to see what I can do and what is and will be. He made mention of this some time back and now I think he maybe putting words to actions now. I am just so thankful to work with such great people that dig what I do and feel for it like I do. Great guys like him and others have been so helpful to me and my work that I could have never imagined the places I have got wood, its a trip I have a few pieces in Moscow, Russia! Say what I am just a guy from bum fuck Mississippi that has always done what I do and some one all the way over in Moscow, Russia thought enough of my work to think they had to have a piece and that was that, I got wood in Russia WTF!!!

@Bvapst Sorry bro I didnt address your post, didnt see it til after I made my post, been multi tasking and typing that post for quite sometime before I hit the post button. Thanks for stopping by, I didnt want you to think I ignored you but I will be back soon to address them and we will go from there. Got one more rat thats dodging me then gotta get to work, I have been ass dragging for a while now not really making any ground. I gotta make a showing yall, its time to step up to the plate!

Ill holla back!

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
Here's a family photo with @Ed's TnT's gorgeous accessories!
VC7ffAF.jpg

Also my Buckeye Burl 14mm WonG came in and it's stunning there are a set of eyes looking right back at me! Also it is an SS tip for my UD's and this baby packs one hell of a puch too.

QaEUtsS.jpg
ezGtP68.jpg
Ao8qJee.jpg

Thank you Ed for another amazing piece. I hope all is well on your end. I hope you enjoy spring break with the boys and don't work to hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom