Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Here are the pictures I promised! :) Thank you again @Ed's TnT

2w2fvqs.jpg

5jwxmo.jpg

gene26

Hey, I was wondering if you had any of the WonG of shorty's left. Both options on the website appear to be sold out.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, I hope all is well out there. I had a couple of busy days as always, but I got to go to another one of my boys school awards days. My oldest is a really smart kid but lacks fire in his ass. He doesnt get excited about a whole lot nor does he go out of his way to go the extra mile. He does good in school but we struggle at homework and motivating him to do better. Well he surprised the hell out of me, he won 3 medals and a couple of certificates for doing a great job in class and on his grades. I was so happy for him that he was being recognized for his hard work. I took a bunch of pictures and was texting them to his mom at work, he really made me proud of him that day! I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. It was nice to take a moment out of all the work and see his accomplishment. All is good and much is happening!

@CarolKing I am very happy to hear you enjoy those stems and appreciate their one of kind style and durability! Thats what its all about, using Mother Natures creations to make a functional piece that stands out all to its own. Thanks for the post!

I did some more testing over the last couple days with the EQ and rather enjoyed it. It came with a sturdy solid hose that performs well in the upright position coming from the wood adapter rather than the glass elbow. The adapter never really got warm on the bottom side in the glass bowl. It seated snug in the joint and blew some nice clouds. I like the look of the wood with this device, it gives it a little flavor.

ExtremeQ4_zps9fbc8374.jpg

ExtremeQ8_zps926dd3d0.jpg

Krydolf

Damn it Ed, you just keep coming up with things that I want and need for just the vaporizers I happen to have.

Already got two of your Solo stems and I have custom orders in for the Ascent stems and wong as well as the turquoise Solo wong (I'm that guy from Sweden, btw).

And now this, I happen to own the EQ and those look beautiful so I'll just have to dig into my savings soon again. Also love that wooden herb/wong storage of yours so I'll have to get me one of those soon too...

Not complaining though, on the contrary - Keep up the good work! :)

Radio

stay true to yourselves
High quality stuff. I will work on that sketch today and show you :)
Very excited for my vape storage stand.

edit: Actually, @Ed's TnT I am waiting for some extra parts to arrive (a SSV elbow joint and tube) so when I have all of my parts in one place and can properly measure them, then i'll draw up that image. Regardless; we will be in touch!

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon everyone, its another one of those hot humid days here in Mississippi. They say its 88 today but the heat index is 99 with a humidity of 54%, its freaking hot yall! Thankfully my shop is air conditioned! All is well, am giving it hell working wood as always. Got some things cooking in my head, have some parts, supplies and other goodies that should be arriving this week. I spent $75 on the second best forstner bit you can buy the other day, made in Germany so you know its got to be the shit. Oh the #1 best bit was really nice and I damn sure wanted it but it was about $250. Maybe one day I'll get it but not now.

@Reflections Thanks for stopping by and the congrats, I appreciate it! Glad you like what I am spinning, I really love what I do.

@RUDE BOY Glad you dig those pieces also, this is headed your way in the morning bro!

2014-05-26025527_zpscd8be51f.jpg

@jambandphan03 Hello, its good to hear from you, I hope all is going well and your still at the glass shop. Thanks for the kind words and I am happy to hear you like what I am turning. Stay tuned I have so much more to come!

@Krydolf LOL, I am sorry to hear I am causing a hurt on your pocketbook! I appreciate you being such a great supporter of my work and your continued business is most appreciated! As I said though there is much more to come so you better start pinching pennies and putting back all you can when your able. I gotta feeling you are gonna break the bank when you see what I am stepping in soon!

@Deja Vu Thank you for stopping by also, take your time and gather your goods, we have plenty of time. Holla at me when your ready and we will go from there. I appreciate your interest in my work!

I wish everyone a safe Memorial Day! The wife bought a couple slabs of ribs yesterday and some more fixins, the beers already cold and the sun is hot yall, bout to get have a good time!

Curiousone

Ed, you've done some NICE work since I've last stopped in.

Also, looks great what you did with the EQ. Picture blackwood with the Black unit....A match made in heaven (I don't even own an EQ)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone, I hope all is well out there. Its gonna be a great day, I got this feeling, hope I dont shake it! Started my day early as usual, got a little done, not nearly as productive as I would have liked but I still accomplished something and a little something is better than a little nothing.

@Curiousone Thanks for stopping by my man, it has a been some time since you dropped by, I hope everything is going good for you. I am glad you like what I have done! Got a lot going on these days with more new stuff to come. Be on the look out and stop by a little more often. I like the Blackwood for the EQ, good thinking, I should have done that first set from it instead of the Cocobolo but I have way more of it round the shop than the Blackwood. I just thought the vibrant colors of the Cocobolo made a great contrast with the unit. Thanks again for stopping by, dont be so much of a stranger in the future, its always good to hear from you!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I am finding myself a little more comfortable using my Hammer where I can possibly be seen... because with the EdStem, it feels more discreet, it works (I don't have to fiddle with stuff), and I can shove it into my jeans' pocket quickly (got a little warm spot yesterday! LOL).

It's so cute... and it holds just the right amount for me. :)

hoyo77

Hey Ed I noticed in one of your posts a while back that you had some difficulty with AMBOYNA BURL, have you tried again? I was thinking about getting some for a custom stem. Actually trying to decide between Amboyna or Afzelia.

hoyo77,
Reactions: Snappo

herbivore21

@herbivore21 Good morning, you know what I was taking inventory the other day and happened to just have one of those I had forgotten about. Pls get with me and I'll make sure it yours! Thanks for your interest in my work and I hope to hear from you soon.
Just got off my intercontinental phone call with Ed now (who is a great dude) I am soon to be the proud owner of a shorty stem for my Solo.

Already liking my dealings with Ed so far, quickest response ever!

Cheers :D

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Enchantre I am really digging your updates, thats good stuff! Its exactly what I want to hear, it is what it is and performs well! I am so glad you are enjoying it that much and hope you continue you to update me from time to time. Pls let me know if I can ever do anything else for you in the future.

@hoyo77 Hello and thanks for stopping by, I have not worked anymore Amboyna since that post. The thing with burls not just Amboyna but all burls is that they are so unpredictable. They are nothing like normal straight running grain patterns, the grain structure is so abnormal that you cant really look at a piece and figure which way it should be turned. That and the pressure that is put on it when turning, the pressure of the chisel cutting into it and the pressure between the head and tail stock along with the speed at which it is turning. You also have to take into account the distance between the OD and the ID, the thinner the wall the less strength its gonna have. Turning burl is tricky, I have had great success with it and also failure. I just take my time taking off a little each pass hoping for the best. Give me an opportunity and I'll give you my best try!

@herbivore21 It was good talking to you earlier! I try to stay on top of things here at Ed's TnT, most of the time I am quick at a reply or just a call away, I am always close by. If I dont get to you quick it maybe that I am working on a machine or checking on kids. Sometimes I am a step or two behind but I am never the last one to finish the race! A quality product of at a fair price with the best customer service is what I try to offer. If youre happy, I am happy and thats what its all about!

@Vicki I appreciate your post, as I have said before, I treat others as I would want for myself. Everybody is somebody and nobody wants to be treated wrongly. I am am very grateful to all of you here at FC and all that are interested in my work. I am very thankful for the support and kindness that people have shown me. I have come along way in such a short period of time and I gotta believe its all in how you treat people. One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness; it usually comes back to you.

hoyo77

@Enchantre I am really digging your updates, thats good stuff! Its exactly what I want to hear, it is what it is and performs well! I am so glad you are enjoying it that much and hope you continue you to update me from time to time. Pls let me know if I can ever do anything else for you in the future.

@hoyo77 Hello and thanks for stopping by, I have not worked anymore Amboyna since that post. The thing with burls not just Amboyna but all burls is that they are so unpredictable. They are nothing like normal straight running grain patterns, the grain structure is so abnormal that you cant really look at a piece and figure which way it should be turned. That and the pressure that is put on it when turning, the pressure of the chisel cutting into it and the pressure between the head and tail stock along with the speed at which it is turning. You also have to take into account the distance between the OD and the ID, the thinner the wall the less strength its gonna have. Turning burl is tricky, I have had great success with it and also failure. I just take my time taking off a little each pass hoping for the best. Give me an opportunity and I'll give you my best try!

@herbivore21 It was good talking to you earlier! I try to stay on top of things here at Ed's TnT, most of the time I am quick at a reply or just a call away, I am always close by. If I dont get to you quick it maybe that I am working on a machine or checking on kids. Sometimes I am a step or two behind but I am never the last one to finish the race! A quality product of at a fair price with the best customer service is what I try to offer. If youre happy, I am happy and thats what its all about!

@Vicki I appreciate your post, as I have said before, I treat others as I would want for myself. Everybody is somebody and nobody wants to be treated wrongly. I am am very grateful to all of you here at FC and all that are interested in my work. I am very thankful for the support and kindness that people have shown me. I have come along way in such a short period of time and I gotta believe its all in how you treat people. One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness; it usually comes back to you.
Thanks for the response Ed. just tell me the size blank you need and I will get you a few. I am more than willing to put my trust in your capable hands.

hoyo77,
Top Bottom