Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
And, the nano draws few amps so shouldn't be a big drain on the system.
You mean milliamps :lol:

Even at full blast, the Nano consumes a mere 16 watts of electricity (Around 150mA).

Technically, even something like a Mini Power Converter would be more than enough to safely power several nano's
150-watt-usb-12v-mini-power-inverter.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You mean milliamps :lol:

Even at full blast, the Nano consumes a mere 16 watts of electricity (Around 150mA).

Technically, even something like a Mini Power Converter would be more than enough to safely power several nano's
150-watt-usb-12v-mini-power-inverter.jpg

Thanks @Ratchett ! Was hoping you would show up and give the numbers and correct my possibly confusing post. Was feeling too lazy to go look for all the great info you post on such things.

i forgot to mention this vacation home was at the top of a ski resort. It was windy pretty much all the time as the deck was wide open.

That would be tough! I was thinking you may be at the beach where it is usually possible to get to a less windy side of the house. That is a tough one! Think the only things I have that would work there would rely on at least a little conduction (MFLB or Vapman). Solo maybe, but cool glass from cold or wind has been problematic with it in the past

batbird

Hi there, quick question about using the nano with a bubbler--my SO and I are new nano users and just ordered a D020 bubbler from dhgate. Does anyone know if it's possible to use the D020 with the nano as-is, or will we need to get some type of additional GonG adapter? Thank you!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I didn't think the D020 work out well with the Enano IMO, I didn't get that much vapor. It works well for the Solo. The D020-D is suppose to work better for the nano.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hi there, quick question about using the nano with a bubbler--my SO and I are new nano users and just ordered a D020 bubbler from dhgate. Does anyone know if it's possible to use the D020 with the nano as-is, or will we need to get some type of additional GonG adapter? Thank you!

You will need a waterpipe adapter (18mm adjust-a-screen GonG) from Epic Vape.

The D020 is a nice piece, it was my first china glass piece and I still use it monthly.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Yes... you'll do best with the 18mm GonG adapter from Epicvape. Probably a good idea to pick up a 5 pack of screens while you're there. Always nice to have an extra or two and they're only $5 for 5. If you get the bubbler before the GonG it can be rigged up with a stem, but can be a real PIA.

IMO D020 does fine with the nano. The volume is a little less than some, but can just inhale a little vapor before you clear it - or some people like smaller hits. If you're like many of us, the D020 will only be your first of cheap Chinese glass. At $30 - $50 each, it isn't too bad to pick up another every so often. Always a good idea to ask here or in the Cheap Bubbler thread if you're looking for suggestions. You might get a handful of not so good ones - but if you're specific in what kind of thing you're looking for you'll almost always get some good contenders to choose from.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I use a D020 for the SOLO
D022 or FC 186 for the NANO
I have a FC187 I will cut off the mouth piece and add a male adapter and use as ASH Catchers with a JHOOK!
You can use a D020 with a NANO if YOU take small rips!
the D020 - D some use?
I have added a CHASiEN with a ASH CATCHER to arrive at the disired vapor production with a D020
Glass is like ADULT Tinker Toys!

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Is the adjust-a-screen heavily preferred for the E-Nano GonGs? I was thinking of going fixed all-glass, since I would imagine there's less incentive to fiddle with screen position in a bubbler setup. But you guys would know better than I do, obviously.

Much about this all through the thread, but is kind of hard to search and find what you're looking for. About time someone put it together all in one place to be easy to find anyway...

Notes specifically about Epicvape glass, but much of Adjust-a-bowl screen info applies to those from other vendors also. Don't think you can get glass screens from anywhere but Epicvape.

Glass Screens -
  • Fixed position.
  • Just drop whole GonG or stem in ISO and screen gets clean with other glass
  • Pretty deep compared to where many set adjust-a-bowl screens
  • Will allow finely ground material through to your mouth or bubbler
  • GonGs/Stems with glass screens cost a bit more initially, but no need to purchase more screens in future
  • PROS -
    • No need to adjust screen
    • No need to remove screen for cleaning or to replace
    • Screens don't get bent up
  • CONS -
    • Glass screen sits pretty deep/far away from heating element
    • Finely ground material can get through unless you use ss screen also
    • Can be hard to clean out the holes - toothpick is too thick
    • Can't quickly switch out screen when dirty
  • TIPS -
    • A small flat stainless steel screen can be used to keep finely ground material from going through glass acreen
    • A basket screen can be used in glass screen GonG/stem and should rest on glass screen. This allows for getting load closer to heat, but usually doesn't allow for adjustable depth
    • Whole nugs (unground) work great in these. Rough grind while stirring after first hit or two
    • Give a swirl in some ISO while still warm for a quick rough clean
    • Paper clip makes a good hole cleaning tool
Adjust-a-bowl Screens -
  • Adjustability allows moving load closer to or further from heat. A nice tweak for more versatility
  • Probably need cleaning a bit more often than glass
  • Need to be stretched or replaced occasionally or they won't stay in place
  • Can hold a pretty fine grind with no material passing through
  • Can be used basket up or down as preferred (IMO basket away from heater - down - better for a few reasons below)
  • GonGs/Stems with adjustable SS screens cost a bit less initially, but probably need to purchase more screens in future
  • PROS -
    • Can move up or down as you like to go with smaller or larger loads and/or more or less heat
    • Very easy to adjust
    • If you go lower heat and closer to heat, most users report even better flavor
    • Usually easy to switch out screen quickly and keep on vaping
    • Screens are inexpensive - 5 for $5
  • CONS -
    • Can be a real pain in the ass to get basket screen into the GonG/stem if it doesn't go in from opposite side of nano end. Can do this with most later Epicvape glass
    • After a while they will get loose in the glass. Must stretch or replace or they move around too much
    • Will get bent up after repeated removal/cleaning/re-insertion and will need to be replaced eventually no matter how gentle you are with them
  • TIPS -
    • Can do an easy quick clean by dumping load, turning up heat and giving a few tasty, and often cloudy draws. Always nice to do this before pulling to clean unless your are planning on making reclaim QWISO
    • Basket side (open end) away from nano gives best consistent performance because sides of screen are not around load and getting heated up. Also usually leads to larger load capacity and easier cleaning (load not trapped in sides of basket)
    • When loading open end away from nano, try to insert from opposite end as nano (mouth/bubbler side). They will go all the way through in most newer glass. Use a pencil or something similar and make sure it is lined up properly all the way through - especially where the glass may be a little wider and allow screen to get sideways if you're not paying attention. If this doesn't work and you are having trouble getting them in from nano side, put them in the other direction first (open end toward nano) and this will usually squeeze the open end down to pretty much right size and make easier to insert open end first
    • When they get loose, and they eventually will, stretch using a dowel or similar that barely fits in screen. Be sure to stretch as close to flat end as possible for best results
    • The notch on the long arm of the e-pik is a good depth guide for screen starting point. Put ledge on edge of glass, arm should barely touch the screen. Easiest is to just leave screen a little high and use e-pik to push to right level
    • Good to have extras. When dirty just drop in ISO for a few hours and rinse with hot water. A quick scrub with a toothbrush or similar before rinsing will clean them up nicely
    • A bamboo skewer, chopstick, pencil or similar is good to have handy to push screen up from bottom
    • For a quick clean, do the empty basket high temp bit above, pull while still warm and hit with a toothbrush or similar with just a little ISO on it. Rinse, dry, and replace to glass. Hit it a few times empty to fully dry. Dirty to clean and back in use in about 2 - 3 minutes

Probably even more on each, but think this is a pretty good starting point. There are also a few subtle differences depending on whether you're using GonG adapter or dry stem.

FWIW, I think Andy ( @ACE OF VAPE ), the master himself, still uses glass screen stem with whole nug. But, IIRC he's not quite the stoner many of us are! I very much prefer adjust-a-bowls! Don't hardly ever use the glass-screened glass I have. Many, many different ways to use your nano. It is VERY versatile. But, I think what is commonly referred to the 2 Hit Extraction method is a great starting point and still my favorite.

Basically this is keeping the screen high (to notch on e-pik) and heat reasonably low (5.5 - 6.5 depending on specific nano and other factors). By starting point I mean a place to get a feeling for using the nano before you start tweaking for preference. This video by @Caligula explains it very well. Be warned - Caligula has huge lungs! I load a little less than he does and usually get 3 good hits, stirring after 2. A good idea to check out his youtube page for other stuff, too. Some other vapes covered, but think there are still a few really good nano ones there.

The main reason I'm getting into all of this again here is that you can't really do this with a glass screen. Screen is too deep in the GonG/stem. Needless to say, you can do this with an adjust-a-bowl. Could be possible with a glass screen if you put a basket screen in on top of the glass, but depth of your glass screen and size of your basket screen would have to be just right with no adjustability. Some people just seem to be lucky like that and wouldn't have a problem doing 2 Hit Extraction with a glass screened GonG. But, usually my luck doesn't go that smoothly.

Hope this helps and answers questions!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This is insanely helpful, thank you! I went ahead and ordered a regular walnut (couldn't wait for 7/10, haha) and grabbed an all-glass for now, think I will get an adjustable + extra screens in a future order just to see if I like it better. The versatility of this thing is really attractive.
My new WALNUT NANO just arrived!

So BEAUTIFUL!

6 different strains to choose from?

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
This is insanely helpful, thank you! I went ahead and ordered a regular walnut (couldn't wait for 7/10, haha) and grabbed an all-glass for now, think I will get an adjustable + extra screens in a future order just to see if I like it better. The versatility of this thing is really attractive.

Certainly up to you and is your time and money, but I'd suggest trying to add at least an adjust-a-bowl GonG if you're going to be using a bubbler. They're like $14 (before FCLOVE discount) and if you get in initial order the shipping cost shouldn't go up. If it does, it will be minimal.

You usually have time to adjust an order until at least the next day. Just email nadia and be sure to get a response soon or go to other methods.

My new WALNUT NANO just arrived!

So beatiful!

6 different strains to choose from?

Please do give us a report!! Hopefully including info on different strains. So jealous of those of you in MMJ states!! No card for visitors and Colorado is a pretty long flight!

Shit! I gotta be careful. Just realized I'm at post 992. Should have saved that lengthy glass/adjustable post for # 1,000!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Certainly!
Please do give us a report!! Hopefully including info on different strains. So jealous of those of you in MMJ states!! No card for visitors and Colorado is a pretty long flight!

Shit! I gotta be careful. Just realized I'm at post 992. Should have saved that lengthy glass/adjustable post for # 1,000!
I love my new NANO!

GSC in a stem at 6.5!

I tried the whole bud and the flavor is out of this world!
this was dry.
Tonight DEATHSTAR OG in my D022 for maximum medical effect!

Tomorrow : PARIS OG, JACK FROST OG, DURBAN POISON OG, SKYWALKER OG!

Last edited:

batbird

Yes... you'll do best with the 18mm GonG adapter from Epicvape. Probably a good idea to pick up a 5 pack of screens while you're there. Always nice to have an extra or two and they're only $5 for 5. If you get the bubbler before the GonG it can be rigged up with a stem, but can be a real PIA.

Thank you! And great post on glass screens vs. adjustable, that explains so much. Would you happen to know if there are any usable GonG adapters from other vendors? We've been looking at some generic 18mm-to-18mm glass adapters; is it possible to put a screen in one of these? (And both ends of the adapter should be "male," right?)

EDIT- Never mind, that's definitely not right. Is there a generic equivalent adapter (like 18mm female to 14 mm female or something like that) to the Epicvape adapter?

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thank you! And great post on glass screens vs. adjustable, that explains so much. Would you happen to know if there are any usable GonG adapters from other vendors? We've been looking at some generic 18mm-to-18mm glass adapters; is it possible to put a screen in one of these? (And both ends of the adapter should be "male," right?)

EDIT- Never mind, that's definitely not right. Is there a generic equivalent adapter (like 18mm female to 14 mm female or something like that) to the Epicvape adapter?

Not really unless you go with a custom. The wait list is probably pretty long at this point and I guess by definition this wouldn't be generic.

Seems from your post you may be looking to go as inexpensive as possible. Pairing your nano with a bubbler doesn't get cheaper than the Epicvape GonG adapter. Customs are considerably more expensive and you need something that will mate properly with the nano, so any standard adapters out there (like you're asking about) aren't going to work.

Some people have rigged their nano via stem to a 14.4 mm GonG on a bubbler (native or with 18>14 adapter) using silicone as a grommet. I guess it could get you through for a little bit, but would think cumbersome and very prone to breaking the stem, the bubbler or both.

Short answer? Get the Epicvape GonG adapter! I'd also suggest you pick up some screens, too. Including shipping and using FCLOVE you're still in for less than $30 if you're CONUS. Sucks that more than a third of that is shipping, but such is life. Just another reason I usually suggest to include these items with initial nano order. Shipping is usually the same no matter what you're ordering. So, also good to add whatever else you may be thinking about getting at same time if you can swing it.

batbird

Not really unless you go with a custom. The wait list is probably pretty long at this point and I guess by definition this wouldn't be generic.

Seems from your post you may be looking to go as inexpensive as possible. Pairing your nano with a bubbler doesn't get cheaper than the Epicvape GonG adapter. Customs are considerably more expensive and you need something that will mate properly with the nano, so any standard adapters out there (like you're asking about) aren't going to work.

Some people have rigged their nano via stem to a 14.4 mm GonG on a bubbler (native or with 18>14 adapter) using silicone as a grommet. I guess it could get you through for a little bit, but would think cumbersome and very prone to breaking the stem, the bubbler or both.

Short answer? Get the Epicvape GonG adapter! I'd also suggest you pick up some screens, too. Including shipping and using FCLOVE you're still in for less than $30 if you're CONUS. Sucks that more than a third of that is shipping, but such is life. Just another reason I usually suggest to include these items with initial nano order. Shipping is usually the same no matter what you're ordering. So, also good to add whatever else you may be thinking about getting at same time if you can swing it.

Gotcha. Thank you so much! Yep, we were looking to stay as frugal as possible, but ~$30 for the hookup isn't terrible, particularly if a generic setup would be such a headache (and we weren't finding standard adapters for much less than the cost of the Epicvape GonG adapter anyway!).

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
My first nano should arive tomorrow. Anyone have any beginner tips for me? I've watched the tutorial a YouTube user made but is there anything else I should know? I don't want to have to fish through the forum yet.

Once you get the nano, get everything set up, and LET IT PREHEAT!! Set your Nano to 7, and walk away for 30 minutes.

That was my problem, I got the nano, plugged it in, and 5 minutes later tried to take a rip. It was tasty, but only so-so performance wise. It wasn't until I let the wood fully preheat before I took that first hit and went :whoa:

Log vaporizers are slow to change temperatures, but they're awesome once you get it fully preheated (the wood should be warm to the touch - makes for a great handwarmer on cold winter nights!)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@tokenwhiteguy welcome to FC. I'm not sure if you have other vaporizers but make sure you have well cured product. You may already be aware of that but just want you prepared. Some folks use small nuggets and others grind their herb. You will have to decide what is best for you.

It does take a while to heat up, but 10 min isn't too long. But @Ratchett is right about walking away for awhile, then come back. You will have to play around with the temps to see what you prefer. I like heat level 6 or a hair above. Some dryer cannabis requires a little cooler heat IMO.

You can just sit back and enjoy the vapor. You really can't go wrong with the nano. Hopefully you will have some nice tasting product.:peace::leaf:

EDIT
I also prefer a slow session (10 min) I don't time myself, just approx. I use about .15 gram of product. I don't weigh but it's a tiny more than a 1/10 gram, I'm guessing. I give it a stir about half way trough my session. I know my ABV is done when the flavor is gone. Ususally my ABV is brown with some lighter flecks when finished. I save my ABV for edibles. I keep an ABV jar close by.

Last edited:

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
My first nano should arive tomorrow. Anyone have any beginner tips for me? I've watched the tutorial a YouTube user made but is there anything else I should know? I don't want to have to fish through the forum yet.

Don't overload it and don't crank the heat.

For the first few weeks I packed as much in the stem as I could {used to packing pipes for combustion} and had the heat around 7 or so to cloud chase because I thought based on the youtube vids, that the bigger the cloud, the more "right" you were getting it. I'd suck big, harsh hits until the weed tasted like diet popcorn and the ABV looked like coffee grounds. It worked, but it was the ham-fisted way to do it and really not that enjoyable.

I was still doing it the combustion way. The vaping way is more about finesse. Consider vapor vs smoke. It should be lighter, airier and sweeter. Keep the basket at notch-level if you're using an adjust-a-bowl and load either a little nugget or lightly tamped course ground. Get the heat down closer to 6 and heatsoak your load for a few seconds before you start to draw. If you're not familiar, this just means to rest the stem or GonG on the heating element so it can warm up a little.

Try not to let the herb sit directly on the heating element - hold the Enano horizontal with the stem inserted prior to the first draw. After the first draw, the herb should stick to itself and not fall on the screen that much.

I prefer to "sip" - taking small hits over an extended period of time - rather than go for lungbusters most of the time. Especially since the effects can creep up on you. Try lifting the stem off the Enano and hovering it over the heating element, perhaps while spinning the stem if you're coordinated, while you hit it. You will get intensely flavorful and surprisingly potent hits.

Now I never taste that popcorn flavor and vaping is a far more soothing experience. My ABV is "spent" to a far lower degree so there's plenty of goodies left for making cococanna oil later, it's win win. I can always use it the other way, but less is more in this case.

ctxgooner

gooner
@Ratchett @CarolKing and @Eschient summed it up perfectly,but i just want to reiterate........Less is more!!!!!!!
Took me awhile to figure that one out,but i would rather vape 3 tiny backto back stems/gongs loads than 1 big load any day.......i dont actually weigh mine,but even .15 sounds like alot to me......just enough to fill the basket,maybe a little more,let it heat soak for a few seconds and :o :rofl:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@tokenwhiteguy
You can just sit back and enjoy the vapor. You really can't go wrong with the nano. Hopefully you will have some nice tasting product.:peace::leaf:
I had to go from 6.5 to 6.25 for a dry stem.
DURBAN POISON OG tastes amazing however the effect is devestating!
GSC amazing!
However I broke my stem!
time to order a GonG for it!
This NANO is awesome!

Last edited:
Top Bottom