AngryJon

Once you get the nano, get everything set up, and LET IT PREHEAT!! Set your Nano to 7, and walk away for 30 minutes.

Generally if I'm heating from off I just set it to 10 for a few minutes while I grind some material, then knock it back down to 7 and wait another few minutes for it to cool. In my experience it's good to go at that point.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Concerning how to remove AVB from a stem/GonG and save it while also protecting your nice custom glass: The Kind Ash Cache is the best AVB receptacle I've ever used (and would be the best ashtray if I smoked). The soft silicone is safe for knocking glass stems and GonG's to clear out the AVB. It is also mostly spill proof and doesn't require opening and closing a container each time. I dump it into a jar every few days.

Shown top right in this photo

gMuTL7f.jpg

I also have the glow in the dark version by my bedside. I actually use this feature as more than a novelty when I wake in pain and vape in bed in the middle of the night so I don't wake my wife or turn on lights that would make it harder to go back to sleep.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZDD5VE/ref=twister_B00HLLITI6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
My first nano should arive tomorrow. Anyone have any beginner tips for me? I've watched the tutorial a YouTube user made but is there anything else I should know? I don't want to have to fish through the forum yet.

Welcome to the wonderful world of nano!

All great tips above!!! Many others through the thread. Know it is a lot to read at 500+ pages, but try to skim the past 200 or so if you get a chance. And, learn to use the search function. It won't work for very small words and can give way too many hits to be useful if term is too vague, but it does OK once you figure out how to make it work for you. Biggest tip here is to remember to check the box that says, "Search this thread only" while in this thread.

Also, if you look at the top of the main FC page (forum lists), you'll see a small tab that says, "Best Of Threads", then click in the header above on the link for "Plug-Ins". Look there for the nano thread. Or, just follow this link for the nano one. A lot of good info in one relatively small place.

One other tip if I can toot my own horn a bit.... I put up a good few very long posts with as much info as I can sometimes. Think this has helped a few new users. So, search on my name in this thread or keep an eye out for the smoking monkey next to long posts as you skim. Some are much more bullshit than anything else (maybe most? :|), but some good tips and info in many.

Is there a FC promotional code I should know about before I order one? :)

Code is FCLOVE. Gets you 10% off and lifetime warranty.

One other tip... check the thread out while you wait for your nano to arrive. Tons of good info here, like the FCLOVE code every couple pages (at least!). FWIW, searching just this thread on the word "discount" gives more than 150 hits, most of which give the exact same code!

Last edited:

dimildarko

Anyone here that has used a GB-187 with their E-Nano? I'd love to hear your thoughts especially if you could compare it to a D020-D.

I just spoke with a reddit member that said he finds the GB-187 and SL15033 to be ideal for the E-Nano. He said there was much less restriction than the D020-D gives. He also said those two function better than the FC-186, he mentioned the FC-186 being too large for a log.

I'm just sort of curious if anyone agrees or disagrees with the above statements based on your own experience. I currently own a D020-D and it's OK. I would like something where at least the mouthpiece is set higher, this thing is so low on my desk it makes drawing awkward. Also I feel like there is some weird resistance with the D020-D where I don't get clouds quite as thick as most of the videos I see of the E-Nano on other bubblers.

dimildarko,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Anyone here that has used a GB-187 with their E-Nano? I'd love to hear your thoughts especially if you could compare it to a D020-D.

I just spoke with a reddit member that said he finds the GB-187 and SL15033 to be ideal for the E-Nano. He said there was much less restriction than the D020-D gives. He also said those two function better than the FC-186, he mentioned the FC-186 being too large for a log.

I'm just sort of curious if anyone agrees or disagrees with the above statements based on your own experience. I currently own a D020-D and it's OK. I would like something where at least the mouthpiece is set higher, this thing is so low on my desk it makes drawing awkward. Also I feel like there is some weird resistance with the D020-D where I don't get clouds quite as thick as most of the videos I see of the E-Nano on other bubblers.

GB-187? :tup:

One of my favorite bubbs with nano and certainly my go to of Chinese glass for straight clean hits.

You're looking at the one offered by yingmin5, right? This is the version I have.

Have an old D020-W (don't think this version available anymore) that is similar to the D020-D in can, but with different mouthpiece. GB-187 has larger chamber and smoother draw IMO. I don't have some of the other popular ones that look like they would do good with nano (FC-187 V2, FC-UFO), but can't imagine they would do better with nano. Maybe as good, but better would be tough.

I do usually prefer a sidecar mouthpiece on this type of bubbler - especially with the nano. But, after a bad experience with FC-187 V1 have just stuck with GB-187. Really says something that I usually reach for this instead of other sidecars I have.

Some are thrilled with GB-186, but I'd never use a double perc for vaping. Less is more! This can apply to water levels, too.

SavageCore

she is here and oh so lovely beats the mighty in every way other than portability.

thanks Andy! only took 12 days to get the the UK and only had £13 extorted from me by the government. so not too bad.

Did you get any accessories? what was the total cost? £13 is great, I assume that included £8 handling fee or whatever that is now?

SavageCore,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I also have the glow in the dark version by my bedside

Wow, my girl and I both though that one at the head shop looked glow in the dark but cupped it with our hands and thought otherwise. Not that its a really big deal but daumn that would be so handy.

Omg though, this ash tray is awesome, I'm never storing my AVB in a glass container ever again, it's just asking to be knocked down or smashed in some way.

So if anyone needs a good tray this is premo.

ZudPieM.jpg

And if anyone needs a AMAZING bud buster this Herb Grinder will do you so well.

KBiWibp.jpg

I just busted up that eighth right there in 3 button taps. It turns everything into weed dust. It almost like separates the kief for you.

30 bucks, and its better than any buster at wal-mart.

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

I agree
GB-187? :tup:

One of my favorite bubbs with nano and certainly my go to of Chinese glass for straight clean hits.

You're looking at the one offered by yingmin5, right? This is the version I have.

Have an old D020-W (don't think this version available anymore) that is similar to the D020-D in can, but with different mouthpiece. GB-187 has larger chamber and smoother draw IMO. I don't have some of the other popular ones that look like they would do good with nano (FC-187 V2, FC-UFO), but can't imagine they would do better with nano. Maybe as good, but better would be tough.

I do usually prefer a sidecar mouthpiece on this type of bubbler - especially with the nano. But, after a bad experience with FC-187 V1 have just stuck with GB-187. Really says something that I usually reach for this instead of other sidecars I have.

Some are thrilled with GB-186, but I'd never use a double perc for vaping. Less is more! This can apply to water levels, too.
Your spot on like usual!
I love the FC186 however dry is better for medicating!
Glass is fun only!

Canabis is the HOLY GRAIL not Glass!
Yup the GB-187 and GB-186 are two of my favorites with the Nano. The upline is fantastic too!
Wow, my girl and I both though that one at the head shop looked glow in the dark but cupped it with our hands and thought otherwise. Not that its a really big deal but daumn that would be so handy.

Omg though, this ash tray is awesome, I'm never storing my AVB in a glass container ever again, it's just asking to be knocked down or smashed in some way.

ZudPieM.jpg

KBiWibp.jpg

I just busted up that eighth right there in 3 button taps. It turns everything into weed dust. It almost like separates the kief for you.

Love the Nano thread, you guys pick up quick! I mentioned the ash cache in this thread and LSV and the other thread still hasn't picked up on this gem, it's way better than the 7th floor duff jar IMO. I've never seen the camo version, that's cool thanks for sharing!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Snappo do you ever use your whip set up that Ed made for your Nano? I thought it looked really great and had one made for my Solo, I really like it a lot. Thanks for giving me the idea. I saw the pic a while back, it also had a stand. It was made with lighter colored wood.

EDIT
I looked at the pic again and it was a Solo with a stand with a whip set up. I guess I'm all mixed up. I think it could be a good idea though for the nano.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
@Snappo do you ever use your whip set up that Ed made for your Nano? I thought it looked really great and had one made for my Solo, I really like it a lot. Thanks for giving me the idea. I saw the pic a while back, it also had a stand. It was made with lighter colored wood.
Hi @CarolKing :-) Must be someone else ...I don't use a whip - but the idea does appeal to me some... :whip:
zKdrYXQ.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

ZudPieM.jpg

KBiWibp.jpg

Love the glow in the dark kind ash tray, too! Thanks to @SSVUN~YAH for tipping us off to it!! Doesn't glow as much as I'd like (same as glow in the dark usually is), but what a great way to cache your load! Don't leave my duff in there for fear that it will degrade over the 3 - 4 months when I play with ABV. So, just dump into airtight duff can every couple days. Also, worried about the dog figuring a way to get ABV out of the ashtray.

That is a FINE grind. Not sure I'd like it like that for nano (tho great for VapMan & MFLB). Do you have any issues with it passing through adjust-a-bowl screens? May have to try this in my special use coffee grinder. Usually it is reserved for major MFLB events and other projects.

CarolKing

I really like the fixed glass screen nano stems. Just tried it out tonight and didn't get any herb fly up into the mouthpiece. I used a medium to a coarse grind. The nano works great so many ways. Using some Tahoe OG and watching the Last Ship on demand, feeling no pain and getting sleepy.:leaf::zzz: Who needs pain or sleeping pills. It's all good whatever way you choose with the Nano.

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
My Nano pulling double-duty ...this pic is taken during my pipe tobacco vape session - delicious!!!
6uwYta8.jpg

I've never vaped tobacco, I went straight to eliquids & dry herb vapes when I gave up combustion. I have thought about it with the Pax but now I'm probably not allowed to buy the stuff. I do have to say that looks really tasty in the nano.

CarolKing

Well so much for my experiment with my glass fixed screen, only used it 3 times. Must have been faulty, I didn't drop it. It came apart at where the glass fixed screen is. A hassle sending back - too expensive. I guess I could take a pic and send it to Epicvape - I did enjoy it very much.

This isn't Epic's fault, it's just unfortunate. Good thing I always buy 2 when I buy glass. Not sure if it qualifies for another because it's glass.
I've been really happy with the adjustable basket stems they have all held up with no problems, have even dropped them a few times and with being such thick glass and the silicone end, it didn't break.

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
I've always used the stems with glass screens, although I do add a stainless steel screen. I've broken two of the glass screens, using too much force during cleaning, but it hasn't mattered since there's enough remaining around the rim to keep the steel screen in place. I got the standard stem with basket screen with my 2nd unit, bought during the 420 sale, and haven't had to remove the screen yet, but it seems durable.

Top Bottom