vape4fun

Just got my Nano last night and I was a mess. I switched basket around and put it down about to end of Epic toothpick thing. I'm trying to figure out how much to put in there. Less is more but may have had too little and also temp was bit high because had some harshness. My throat is bit sore today and for family reasons can't keep glass in the house. At about 6.5-7 is where I'm going to keep it.

Quantity wise not sure if anyone here has Pax2 with half lid, but plan tonight is pack the Pax2 half lid then take that out and use two packings with Nano and see how that works.

vape4fun,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@vape4fun You probably should have left your basket alone. I think you are over thinking the Enano. Use the Epic to measure from the top to the basket. Do you see the little niche? I would suggest to start with a small amount of product and start your heat at 6. If you need it higher or lower go from there.
I've shown this before.

You just need some more homework. You'll get there. This is an awesome instrument for vaporizing. As @RUDE BOY says Good Times.;pd; Excuse my gross thumbnail I had been working out in the yard earlier in the day when I had taken that pic.
5ayzZFm.jpg

If using the nano as a session vape give it a stir about half way through. I go for about 10 or 12 draws for about 10 min. I'm a sipper. I love to extend my session and enjoy the flavor and experience.

Last edited:

vape4fun

I agree with measurement but found when did first packing with basket the particles got stuck on sides of basket and when turned over it seemed better. You're the expert though so I'm happy to flip it around.

Baron23

I agree with measurement but found when did first packing with basket the particles got stuck on sides of basket and when turned over it seemed better. You're the expert though so I'm happy to flip it around.
@vape4fun - Not sure I'm understanding you correctly, but Carol's picture indeed has the basket 'upside down' as used by most...to include for the reason you mentioned of herb sticking to the basket walls when place with open end of basket toward chamber. Upside = open end of basket facing away from the chamber, yeah?!

I also am right at about the notch Carol is showing or just a tad deeper. I am finding that .05 grams is just right (one level scoop of well ground dry herb from Delta 3D's Scoop and Poke: http://delta3dstudios.com/scoop-n-poke-vape-tool/ or get a milligram precision scale from Amazon for very little money perhaps?)

I am running cooler now than when I started and am at about 6.25 most of the time. AVB comes our evenly colored. NOT dark brown but evenly extracted. I could get it darker but who needs the harsh vapor of a clean up hit without much in it (and apologies to the more frugal among us who think doing so is just prudent use of herb)

I really do enjoy this vape...particularly through water.

vape4fun

Hey Baron,

Ok if the basket was a hand the unit arrived with basket like the palm but I flipped it over so the herb went on top of the hand not inside the palm....

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@vape4fun
The basket screen will work fine either way, it's all about personal preference.

Here's a post I made a while back with a lot of pictures illustrating where to place the screen and how to measure the load:
There is a flat notch on the e-pick:

ywksGDW.jpg

Rest it on the edge of the glass:

qLYVofU.jpg

Default screen placement would be just touching the e-pick, I like mine a bit lower:

s31teN1.jpg

Loading the stem:

qu0E9HH.jpg

The rounded side is used to measure the load:

xr7cslq.jpg

Standard load size is just touching the edge of the e-pick. My load is slightly larger than standard because of my lower screen placement:

XQc3mM1.jpg

Note the gap between load and heater. In standard usage the heater should insert fully into the chamber until it comes to a stop:

BRnUWGb.jpg

Hopefully these pictures help, I know it can be hard to figure stuff out just by reading.

Let me know if you need any more advice. :) :peace:

Baron23

Quick question for you long time Enano-istas: The silicone sleeve (the newer octagonal one). Do you take it off to soak stems in ISO or leave it on. I ask because these suckers ain't really coming off very easily as was the same when I tried with one of the old round sleeves.

Thanks

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I soak mine in ISO all the time. They seem fine. However, I do wonder if long term it could cause them harm. They are just too difficult to take off, so in the soak they go.

CarolKing

I soak my sleeve also with the ISO because they are hard to get off. I keep it in ISO for 24 hours at a time. I haven't noticed any degradation but I worry. The Epicvape lettering is still holding tuff.

Gray Area

Well I got my 5 pack of gong's yesterday... 6 days from ordering to arriving at my house in the UK :tup:

Free shipping too :D

Big thanks to Andy or Clarissa for accidentally missing off some numbers on the value of the package (and marking the value as $2) which resulted in me avoiding a customs charge and a trip to the post office.

One of the gong's is a bit tight so I'll keep that one for emergencies, but the other four are spot on, and I really like the new sleeve... I'd forgotten they glow in the dark :clap:

The sale was perfect timing for me as if broke the last 18mm of the previous batch I'd ordered and was managing with my emergency 14mm gong and a 14-18mm adapter (although I do have an Ed's 14mm wong as a sort of zombie apocalypse back up, but I do far prefer the glass).

:peace:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I got an e-nano about a week ago and am falling in love with log vapes all over again. I haven't used one regularly since my old Purple Days vape several years ago. The micro loads are ridiculous! After all these posts about the Epic tool I am now scrambling to find mine! Right now I'm chasing the perfect sized load and distance for how much I like to vape. But out of the box it is set up for crazy small loads that really do satisfy. I got on exotic with a nice hole in it...I'll post a pic later down the road. Anyhow, well done Andy...I'm having fun!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Quick question for you long time Enano-istas: The silicone sleeve (the newer octagonal one). Do you take it off to soak stems in ISO or leave it on. I ask because these suckers ain't really coming off very easily as was the same when I tried with one of the old round sleeves.

Thanks

I find it so easy to clean my nano with an iso moistened paper towel followed by a good rinse (takes all of 2.5 minutes) that I've never bothered soaking in the tube.

I used to soak but now do the same thing @GetLeft does. I remove the screen and push a few wads of iso soaked paper towel through it with a bamboo skewer. I have the screen soaking in iso while I do this, and when I'm done cleaning the stem I brush the screen clean. Then I give them both a quick rinse and shake off the excess water and it's pretty much ready to go in 2.5 minutes.

Baron23

@justvapin , @CarolKing , @GetLeft , @mucsusn , @Enchantre - thanks for the replies. Sounds like these silicone sleeves are pretty durable and not to be worried about much.

@mucsusn - I will try your tip about sliding off under running water. Very good to know, sort of like the technique for getting the shell off of hard boiled eggs (what a site, not only do you get great vaporizer knowledge and advise but also Hints from Heloise household tips! LOL) .

vape4fun

Ok so last Night was awesome thanks to your guys insight. I brought screen up closer to Heater put little in there set to 6.25 and was blown away. Got about 6 nice pulls and I am not an extract everything possible guy but it was definitely browned and I was definitely happy.

Not sure where on FC I can find this info out. I'm looking for a case to put everything into. What's everything you ask? Nano plus stems, Pax2, FF2, chargers, accessories, and herbs. Don't need something to travel with but I need smell proof and not super cumbersome. Any suggestions or threads to look into?

I have an amazing wife but she's a don't ask don't tell person when it comes to this stuff so can't keep Nano out all the time, so that's not an option.

CarolKing

Ok so last Night was awesome thanks to your guys insight. I brought screen up closer to Heater put little in there set to 6.25 and was blown away. Got about 6 nice pulls and I am not an extract everything possible guy but it was definitely browned and I was definitely happy.

Not sure where on FC I can find this info out. I'm looking for a case to put everything into. What's everything you ask? Nano plus stems, Pax2, FF2, chargers, accessories, and herbs. Don't need something to travel with but I need smell proof and not super cumbersome. Any suggestions or threads to look into?

I have an amazing wife but she's a don't ask don't tell person when it comes to this stuff so can't keep Nano out all the time, so that's not an option.
Since you don't need for travel, how about a wooden box. Sometimes you can find nice wooden boxes with latches at craft stores like Michaels. You can get the spongy filler and just cut to fit. Cut out slits with a sharp tool for your vapes and accessories. This is basically what I do. I have one that looks like a treasure box.

I've bought various camera cases for travel away from home. It doesn't always block out the smell if I have a dirty vape. I travel with my cannbais in a wooden box in a bag. There is no smell.

Glad to hear you're figuring out your new vape tool.
Edit
I thought I posted this but I didn't, so here is my treasure chest.
ugjFFbw.jpg

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I got an e-nano about a week ago and am falling in love with log vapes all over again. I haven't used one regularly since my old Purple Days vape several years ago. The micro loads are ridiculous! After all these posts about the Epic tool I am now scrambling to find mine! Right now I'm chasing the perfect sized load and distance for how much I like to vape. But out of the box it is set up for crazy small loads that really do satisfy. I got on exotic with a nice hole in it...I'll post a pic later down the road. Anyhow, well done Andy...I'm having fun!
Dude, I told ya. ;)

CalyxSmokr

I would go with a large tupperware. Not too expensive but will block most of smell.
There are tupperwares with clamping locks that do approach being smellproof that I use for my arizer. It is like this but smaller:
lock___lock_2.jpg

maybe they make a larger size.

Gray Area

If you want to take off the silicon sleeve (I do, because I want every last bit of ISO gone). simply run the glass under some water, let it get under the edge, and it works right off. Same for reinstalling. Easy peasy.

Wow, that works a treat :bowdown:

Thanks for the tip.

:peace:

Top Bottom