z9

odd break... looks like it was dropped. I bet that's still usable as a gong, just take a torch to it so you don't get cut!

I broke a gong when a bong tipped over with the nano on it; it broke where the heater core stops inside the gong. No saving that one. I like the fact that the gong is the weak point in the setup... nothing bums me out like breaking a glass heater core on 7th floor vapes

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Not to sound like a cheerleader or anything, but I have to give about a quadruple thumbs up to Andy here.

I sent my Nano in for a tune-up (of my own choosing) on Tuesday, 10/29/13. And that's from the East Coast. I now have it back on Monday, 11/04/13. Yes, that's less than a week, from East Coast to West Coast, tune-up, and back again - during Halloween weekend. And that was more than enough time to realize how much I fucking love the little Nano.

I've come to depend on it to such a degree that I'd not thought of it all that much lately. Just as the "tool" that was always ready, day in and day out. That's the beauty of a log vape - it's always ready! No matter what new vape may come out, there is always room for a vape that is ready at ANY TIME.

Yes, it was only six days. But... it was six days too long, if you ask me. :ko:
Let's give a shout out to the USPS!

llamaman001

Im REALLY considering buying one these. Right now Im using a CLOUD, SOLO, MFLB, and a FIREWOOD. So my only desktop unit is the CLOUD. Seeing as how the Cloud takes 15 min Im very curious about the manual temp control and the fact that it only takes 2 min. Has anyone tried using these in a parked car with a adapter? Does it work ok? My plan is to use this on my trips to the beach, while keeping everything clean and sand free of course. I also have one of those pinnacle water tubes so I was planning on purchasing a 14mm GONG slide for it as well, will this inverted setup work ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
llamaman001,
Reactions: ataxian

z9

Im REALLY considering buying one these. Right now Im using a CLOUD, SOLO, MFLB, and a FIREWOOD. So my only desktop unit is the CLOUD. Seeing as how the Cloud takes 15 min Im very curious about the manual temp control and the fact that it only takes 2 min. Has anyone tried using these in a parked car with a adapter? Does it work ok? My plan is to use this on my trips to the beach, while keeping everything clean and sand free of course. I also have one of those pinnacle water tubes so I was planning on purchasing a 14mm GONG slide for it as well, will this inverted setup work ok? Last but not least, I hope Im not breaking any rules but if anyone has a used one they are not having fun with anymore send me a PM!

Its usable after a two minute heatup on 10 but this is not ideal; vapor density is greatly improved when the entire log is heated. Two minutes is long enough to get the heater core hot but not the rest of the unit. The great thing about logs is that they can be left on all the time; I keep mine set at 4 whenever it isn't in use then bump it up to 7 before I pack my gong and fill my pipe with water and by that time the Nano is ready be ripped.

Any setup will work with the Nano, people seem to over look the fact that an upside-down gong is no different than the stock stem; the PN WT will work great!

I have already used my E-Nano in a car with a 60 Watt Inverter
It worked well!

Good to hear! With winter coming I'll need my Nano for all the trips I take to the mountains.

Using my Kill-A-Watt meter (the same one most people use with their sub) I have observed the Nano regularly draw anywhere from 21 to 27 watts when set to 10 on a cold start, it will decrease over a one to two minute time span until it levels out at the advertised 15 watts.

Just in case anyone was wondering about what type of inverter to get.

Last edited:

Vapodudule

Okay fellows vaporists,

I well received my E-nano today and i think i found a new exclusive friend. At 8, it performs like a beast trough water. At 7 with J-hook, amazing.

I found some difficulties with the SS screens of reg GonG, i switched very fast to honeycomb GonG even if it spits some material with stiring.

This little guy delivers some Convection drawless High temps hits giving full spectrum extraction, such massive hits :mmmm:

Congrats to Andy for such a beautifull device :clap:

It will be used :tup:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Okay fellows vaporists,

I well received my E-nano today and i think i found a new exclusive friend. At 8, it performs like a beast trough water. At 7 with J-hook, amazing.

I found some difficulties with the SS screens of reg GonG, i switched very fast to honeycomb GonG even if it spits some material with stiring.

This little guy delivers some Convection drawless High temps hits giving full spectrum extraction, such massive hits :mmmm:

Welcome to the E-Nano club my friend!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
odd break... looks like it was dropped. I bet that's still usable as a gong, just take a torch to it so you don't get cut!

I broke a gong when a bong tipped over with the nano on it; it broke where the heater core stops inside the gong. No saving that one. I like the fact that the gong is the weak point in the setup... nothing bums me out like breaking a glass heater core on 7th floor vapes
I will try to salvage it!
Thanks for the ideal!

ataxian,
Reactions: Vitolo

Luv2Vape

Any setup will work with the Nano, people seem to over look the fact that an upside-down gong is no different than the stock stem; the PN WT will work great!

This is not exactly true. When my stock stem is mated to the Nano I am able to invert the stem so material doesn't fall out due to the bowl being upside down. I don't have this luxury when using the PNWT because I prefer not to invert the PNWT & spill water all over the place. Obviously something such as tubing can be rigged to remedy or a tightly packed nug will work well upside-down (at first, until the material starts falling apart) but simply mating the gong direct to the PNWT is not ideal IMO.

Last edited:

z9

This is not exactly true. When my stock stem is mated to the Nano I am able to invert the stem so material doesn't fall out due to the bowl being upside down. I don't have this luxury when using the PNWT because I prefer not to invert the PNWT & spill water all over the place. Obviously something such as tubing can be rigged to remedy or a tightly packed nug will work well upside-down (at first, until the material starts falling apart) but simply mating the gong direct to the PNWT is not ideal IMO.

There are a few ways to deal with this, the first one being the easiest imo. My preferred method is to sandwich the bud between two screens, the top screen needs to be larger than the standard 3/8 steel screen so it'll stay in place; I've been using Vapir NO2 screens for this and it works great. I don't notice a difference in restriction with the second screen and the top screen comes out without much fuss if you want to stir. A lower temp hit with the gong (no water tool) is usually enough to melt everything together, the gong can then be inverted . I have found this works much better with ground bud than with chunks, stirring isn't an option with this method. Or you can just put a nug or piece of nug in the stem and it won't move, once again you can't stir or the bud will fall out. These option aren't necessarily ideal, but they work more than good enough for me.

rotax

Zaporist
RE: log used up right with PNWT or similar wt.

I'm using a Zap w/ a small brass or SS bowl, and I can pack it into the bowl and most of the time I don't have too much spillage. However, when I tried this with the larger, glass bowl (on my "U" tube), I found it doesn't pack/stick to the glass well enough. I think its mainly due to the larger diameter, but the smoothness of glass probably makes it tougher to pack in and hold as well.
After personally using the PNWT with a log, I'd much prefer a bubbler. No packing stems, which means better airflow and surface area exposure.

Don't get me wrong, the PNWT works well for me. But its just not as simple and clean as using it on top of a bubbler.
And the PNWT may not cool higher temp vapors as well, due to its small size and water capacity.
It is great for portability if thats a concern for you.

Sounds like the 2nd screen idea isn't bad, until you have to handle it when/if its hot.

rotax,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Okay fellows vaporists,

Glad you are enjoying your Nano. I take an extra stainless steel screen and put it in the mouthpiece end of the honeycomb glass stem. You get the ease of use and taste of the all glass stem and the ss screen catches any fine particulate that makes it past the honeycomb.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok guys, just scored a 2 month old walnut enano from another member on a trade. It'll be here Thursday. I've been into portables for so long I'm super excited to be getting a powerful home unit. Plus this is my first affair with a log vape. I'm thinking that I made a pretty good choice to start with the enano. I'll let you know how I make out.

lazylathe

Almost there...

I regularly use my Nano with my PNWT and have never had any issues.
The simplest solution to your problems is to NOT GRIND!
Use a whole nug and gently place it in the glass stem, now since you have one large, stable biomass you can do whatever you like to the stem and nothing falls out.

I also grind my material and suck it up into the stem, nothing falls out when the stem is on the heat tube and the WT is on top. You just have to be a bit careful and maybe tamp it down a tiny bit.

So far the only way my Nano has not been used is upside down, siince i don't have any glass to try itout on!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Use a whole nug and gently place it in the glass stem, now since you have one large, stable biomass you can do whatever you like to the stem and nothing falls out.

I also grind my material and suck it up into the stem, nothing falls out when the stem is on the heat tube and the WT is on top. You just have to be a bit careful and maybe tamp it down a tiny bit.

So far the only way
my Nano has not been used is upside down, siince i don't have any glass to try itout on!
Thursday:
My 18mm NANO GonG arrived!

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES mixed with DOG SHIT FULL MELT!
PLEASE DON'T DO THIS UNSUPERVISED!

Last edited:

Doug

Just passing time
Some strain names are so unflattering! I received my 14 and 19mm all glass gongs this week. They work so well with my setup. The bigger one works way better than my first. Much better fit! Glad to have some back ups.

I still have the story of my nano but that will have to wait until it's all resolved. Andy is the man and taking care of me. For now, my nano chugs along with no light and a dimmer.

Doug,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Some strain names are so unflattering!
DOG SHIT?

What a name for a strain?

I have the FULL MELT and love it.
Next time I'm getting the FLOWER!

Don't like the name however the effect is very medical!

So far the only way my Nano has not been used is upside down, siince i don't have any glass to try itout on!

Not grinding the FLOWER works really well.
When I grind level 6.5
No Grind level 7.0 - 7.5

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok, first impressions. This is an amazing little vape. This is my first experience with a log and I'm so happy it was with an e-nano.
There's a little learning curve for draw technique for miking your glass but beyond that it's quite user friendly. I cannot believe that this little thing provides the dense, thick, milky vapor that it does. I find that chunks of bud work better than any grind so far. I went through about .3 of a gram in it over a few sessions last night and I believe it was the most medicated I've ever been from flower.
I woke up in my chair 3 hours later with my enano working as a junk warmer laying on my lap! Lol. So I know I was heavily sedated. Which is great because I'm a terrible insomniac.
All in all I've gotta say that the e-nano is the best home vape I've ever used. I've never had or even hit a cloud but I've had an lsv, ssv, a dbv, and a volcano. I hold this as head and shoulders above the rest. That is mostly in part due to the incredible efficiency of the vape. Wow! Never gotten there off of such a small amount before.
Overall an amazing vape. Bravo Andy, you've got a stellar product here my friend.

llamaman001

BABY DOLL!! So not only did I score one of the original log vapes, a NICE almost brand new purple days. But I also just ordered a Walnut E-nano with a 14mm stem and an extra pick. Needless to say I am super excited. Is there still a wait time for a new E-nano? What kind of shipping does the company use for the "free shipping" option and does it include any type of tracking?

The only desktop unit I have right now is my CLOUD so I will be doing a side by side comparison of the two. For some odd reason the thought cant escape my mind that I might be happier with the E-nano however....time will tell and I will let you all know!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I also just ordered a Walnut E-nano with a 14mm stem and an extra pick. Needless to say I am super excited.

The only desktop unit I have right now is my CLOUD so I will be doing a side by side comparison of the two. For some odd reason the thought cant escape my mind that I might be happier with the E-nano however....time will tell and I will let you all know!

OK I'm a flavor chaser and I love water path.
The NANO for flavor is the GADGET to have in your quiver for sure.
I have 14mm GonG's and a 18mm Gong for different water set ups.

I like both however at some point get a 18mm GonG as well.

Start at level 7 and adjust up or down.

We are all different of course.

For me:

Dry = 6.5
Wet = 7.0

GRIND = Whole Nuggets no grind (Leave fluffy don't squeeze them)
When I do grind I leave it course not fine.

Like I said we all like it differently just expressing my little experience!
EDIT: Ok just made the NANO work perfect with a trick water setup.

14mm GonG + 14mm to 18mm bushing + 18mm ASH COLLECTOR (cheap one) + Long stemmed SHERLOCK

Last edited:

llamaman001

Hate to ask the same question twice but what shipping service is the "free shipping"? Also, is there still a wait time when you order one of these or do they ship fairly fast? Just ordered mine last night so I dont expect an update for another day or so but I am curious.

llamaman001,
Top Bottom