BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
You can use a wooden chopstick to push out the old screen. You can put a new one in using the same process. Use your e-pick to measure distance from the end of the glass.

Do a search, some pages back @Ratchett made a tool to make them.

I find the screens really durable I'm using the same screen that I've been using for 6 months on 2 of my mouthpieces.
I clean the mouthpiece and screen at the same time by soaking in Everclear. I put the mouthpiece in a plastic container that the mouthpieces come in and soak a few days. I switch back and forth between 2 stems. I use the same alcohol each time.

I think he is talking about a fixed glass screen gong. I have never owned one and don't know if the screen is removable.

I know some like the fixed screen gongs for vaping concentrates. I prefer the adjustable gongs which are cheaper and allow you to adjust the depth of the mesh basket screens for the amount of herb you wish to pack.

If you end up keeping the fixed screens then while you might be limited in how much you can pack, know that it only takes very little to get massive hits. As some say here, less is more with the nano.

cloudblower

Seems like this thread isn't getting enough attention.

Loving my nano tonight with some Platinum GSC. A med grind and my temp is at 6.5. A nice berry flavor. What's in your nano? Was having a pain flair up earlier. With some heat and our fav flower vapor I'm doing much better now.

Edit
Even if you can't name a strain, you can always describe it.
Ewok! Today is May the Fourth be with you after all. Well grown and cured phenotype. Has an earthy and berry terpene profile.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I just got my old E Nano replaced and got some new glass with it. First things first I am super pleased with the upgrade. Now I have a nice cherry version with very nice wood. Kudos to Epicvape on that part.

I got two new all glass screen GonGs but I am kind of disappointed. These things are WAY more shallow than my original I bought probably 3 years ago but unfortunately broke recently. Is it just me or is the glass screen GonG for only micro sized loads? What am I missing here? I haven't read back the six hundred and something threads to figure out when or what changed. Will they let me return and use the credit towards a couple of the adjustable version?

My old ones are pretty deep, too. I can put a basket in (basket to glass screen) and still have my normal space.

Not sure when this changed, and don't remember seeing it in the thread. I don't even remember reading about it until now. Don't really use mine much, but this would suck.

Pretty sure Andy will replace. I'd email customerservice@epicvape.com.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
At the rate I break these things I'll probably just keep them for emergency back up and just order a couple of the adjustables. Thanks flotntoke!
Hmmmm...I got some fized glass stems today, and the fixed screen was at the same depth as my adjustables that were in the same package, and seemed to be at the "pick" depth......I never saw any of the version from years back, so no idea if they changed over the years.

Heat

Just to be sure we are comparing apples to apples, I'm talking about 18 mm GonG with fixed glass screen not a direct draw stem. Mine goes down from the top maybe 15 mm at best. Nowhere near the depth of the e-pic, not even close. And for reference I've had an e-nano since March 2013 so its not like I don't know how to use it. I am fully aware of the economy and potential of this device. If anyone else out there that has recently received one of these can let me know what kind of depth I should expect that would be great. Either way I ordered 2 adjustables so we should be back to normal soon enough. Wish I would have just done so from the start, but had no clue the all glass screen GonG changed so much.

Heat,

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Just to be sure we are comparing apples to apples, I'm talking about 18 mm GonG with fixed glass screen not a direct draw stem. Mine goes down from the top maybe 15 mm at best. Nowhere near the depth of the e-pic, not even close. And for reference I've had an e-nano since March 2013 so its not like I don't know how to use it. I am fully aware of the economy and potential of this device. If anyone else out there that has recently received one of these can let me know what kind of depth I should expect that would be great. Either way I ordered 2 adjustables so we should be back to normal soon enough. Wish I would have just done so from the start, but had no clue the all glass screen GonG changed so much.
The epick has an indent on the pick end, that is where the bowls are measured to as I understand it. It's only about half the length of the pick if that makes sense.

I am in no way saying you don't know how to use your device or what you are talking about. Apologies if that is what you thought I was saying. I was looking at both 18 and 14mm GonGs, not the stems......all the bowls appear to be set the same when I received them, and they were all the same size as the stems as well.

Last edited:
justvapin,
Reactions: Heat

Heat

Ah the notch, roger that. I'll check it against that when I get home tonight. Thanks a bunch for your input. Someone earlier mentioned a less is more type comment so my earlier reference to how long I've used the e-nano was more for them. No hard feelings meant or taken either way ;)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ah the notch, roger that. I'll check it against that when I get home tonight. Thanks a bunch for your input. Someone earlier mentioned a less is more type comment so my earlier reference to how long I've used the e-nano was more for them. No hard feelings meant or taken either way ;)
It will be second nature for you!

I dump a stems worth into my hand.
Loose load the stem all the way to the top of the rim.

I do it all by feel.
You may need the depth tool?

I leave my FLOWER medium ground.

AIR/FLAVOR = EFFECT

LEVEL depends on your needs?

Water?
Dry?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Heat Less is more means if you overfill the Enano it's hard to draw and the vapor doesn't flow as much. I didn't see the context but often I hear that statement here on the nano thread.:2c:

Enjoying a nice day time strain Critical Kush in the nano.

I do what @ataxian does. I loosely fill my ground cannabis almost to the top. I don't measure anymore, that usually works for me. I don't pack at all - there's enough air pockets that the cannabis goes way down when I insert the stem - a tiny bit goes a loooong way. I don't worry about scorching my product with the heater.

If any questions that we can't answer here on the thread, I'm sure if you emailed epicvape they would answer and fill you in or I would suggest giving @ACE OF VAPE a PM. it seems like most of the folks here use the adjustable GonGs and stems. I happened to like the fixed glass screen mouthpiece I had but I break glass too on occasion. I need them somewhat durable. I have wood floors.:D

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@Heat Less is more means if you overfill the Enano it's hard to draw and the vapor doesn't flow as much. I didn't see the context but
I do what @ataxian does. I loosely fill my ground cannabis almost to the top. I don't measure anymore, that usually works for me. I don't pack at all - there's enough air pockets that the cannabis goes way down when I insert the stem - a tiny bit goes a loooong way. I don't worry about scorching my product with the heater.

If any questions that we can't answer here on the thread, I'm sure if you emailed epicvape they would answer and fill you in or I would suggest giving @ACE OF VAPE a PM. it seems like most of the folks here use the adjustable GonGs and stems. I happened to like the fixed glass screen mouthpiece I had but I break glass too on occasion. I need them somewhat durable. I have wood floors.:D
I love the way the NANO taste.
Water of course.
SIZE= perfect
Medium grind= YES
FLAVOR EFFECT=CRAZY GREAT!
Level= 6 (I like low heat)
strain= DUTCH TREAT
420 520 620 = RESPECT

CIVILIZED

Last edited:

Heat

I think these will be fine as a backup at a lower heat setting. I think the adjustable is going to be the way to go though. The notch on the pick is very close to the top of the GonG. I guess these are close to spec. Running the dial at 6 and this is working pretty well. Might need to fine tune a tad.

Thanks all!

I wanted to talk a little more about my warranty exchange. I ordered my first E Nano back when they were in beta testing mode in very early 2013. When I ordered there was a delay in the heater delivery so a lot of us waited a couple of months to get our stuff. Andy made it right though and hooked us up with some free goodies for the wait. No biggy. After only a month or two, my walnut cracked like a lot of others did and Andy took care of us with no questions asked. During that exchange there was a bit of confusion on some shipments I guess and I ended up with someone else's order that I just kept. Anyways, forward a couple of years of happy vaping and then my cord started acting up. I contacted Andy probably over a year ago about it and he said to get an RMA and send it in. I neglected to do that until just recently when things really started getting somewhat out of hand with the inconsistent connection in the E Nano. When I contacted them again, I believe I may have been outside the 3 year warranty period but they took care of me nonetheless. I paid the $35 to upgrade to a removable cord and this is a substantial upgrade to the original design. Epicvape also hooked me up with a really nice new Cherry wood exterior. Basically a brand new E Nano for the price of the upgrade and a trade in. Awesome! My only gripe would be to have the dial closer up the cord towards where it plugs in the wall but I'm probably in the minority on this. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due. This is a great device and they stand behind their product. Can't ask for much more than that. Bravo Epicvape!

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolKing

I thought the D020 bubbler from DHgate it works well with my Solo and my Air but not so much with my Enano.
I ended up getting the D022 for my nanos , it has a spit attachment. When I bought it I had the help of other FCers to help me figure out how to put it together. I wasn't sure what to do with the split attachment. I think @Ratchett helped me out with that. The D020D I hear works well too.

This is such a wonderful community. Nobody ever acts like you are stupid or anything. I felt stupid not being able to put that bubbler together but nobody ever made me feel like that.

Last edited:

CarolKing

I needed something a little more of a vapor maker. I didn't think I got as of good thick vapor from the D020 bubbler. I don't know a lot about bubblers I know for me that the D022 works better. Others have commented on the D020D as it works well with the nano.

I have heard some say that they felt that the D020 bubbler worked for them with the nano. It could come down to personal preference. I would be curious about others, how they felt about the D020 and the nano verses other bubblers.

Edit
@flotntoke it could have been my technique? That's the word I needed was volume.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I needed something a little more of a vapor maker. I didn't think I got as of good thick vapor from the D020 bubbler. I don't know a lot about bubblers I know for me that the D022 works better. Others have commented on the D020D as it works well with the nano.

I have heard some say that they felt that the D020 bubbler worked for them with the nano. It could come down to personal preference. I would be curious about others, how they felt about the D020 and the nano verses other bubblers.

Think it really is personal preference. I still take my standard D020 with nano sometimes as a travel piece. For me, it is a little smaller volume than I like but it works. It also isn't quite as stable of a base with the nano on top because of its small size. For me, bubblers that are "too small" are never a problem. You can always suck up plenty of vapor before you clear. Not optimal IMO, but works fine. I don't like bubblers that are too large for my preferred style of vaping, though.

IME the perfect vapor bubbs are those that hold a volume that is a nearly perfect sized hit for you. My UFO and a few of my other bubbs are right there for me. Draw vapor until it just starts to fill your mouth, then clear for the perfect hit. But, this is very subjective from person to person, and even changes for me depending on what I'm vaping and what type of sesh I'm in the mood for.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

@CarolKing we all have needs and preference's different from others.

I have a lot of glass made in CALIFORNIA and IMPORTED as well.

For the NANO my favorite was the D022 until I broke the STEM that holds the PERK!

Fortunately I have others I can use.

If the D020 is too small just add a ASH COLLECTOR or what ever to increase volume.

I will order another D022.

My FC187 has the same can as the D020D so I do not have one.

My LOGIC is:
Portables = Bubblers or small cans
Logs = Large Bubblers or medium cans
POWER Vaporizers = Large cans

Do what works for you!

CarolKing

Go for the hot cocoa method of cleaning your stem. Try to get all the resin off. A nice treat before bed. Use whole milk and real whipped cream. You need the fat to work with the THC and other goodies that's in your meds.

CarolKing,
Reactions: ctxgooner

Alex03

@Heat Do you mind asking me why you dont have a lifetime warranty on you nano. Mine are from 2015 and they shure have one.

What do you others think? Andy still keeps his promise of a lifetime warranty doesnt he?

Top Bottom