justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I have both and there used differently for me.
My FIREFLY 1 died?
I might get a FIREFLY 2?
Never buy ELECTRONIC'S on FLEA BAY!

Reading and study I use a SOLO or NANO.
The NANO milks a water piece very well.

The EVO I use before bed just before sleeping.
EVO is more powerful. (during the day I like to function)

The NANO I'M very glad to have.
The SOLO I'M very glad to have.
The EVO I"M very glad to have.
The "Q" I'M very glad to have.
The LOTUS I'M very glad to have.
The V2 I'M glad to have.
The DA BUDDHA I'M glad to have.
The WAX PENS I'M glad to have.

My papers I miss however joints taste so bad.

NANO session time!
FLAVOR/EFFECT/MILK = CIVILIZED
Excellent reply and thank you. Didn't help my VAS though!! I love my Firefly1 as well.....

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have always shown my respect for 420 by extending my heartfelt appreciation for my FC friends and family with an Exotic Woods 420 sale each year, and of course also with sincerest gratitude for our great vape vendors like Andy of Epicvape E-Nano fame. One has only to view the great many pages from this thread to know that Epicvape is a winner in every way! You also, @ataxian, honor the 420 tradition 365 days a year by sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience so generously!!! Great respect and a huge debt of gratitude is owed to you as well!
I love the NANO so much!
420 everyday everywhere!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Wow... This thread has been quiet since Wednesday? :hmm: Life gets in the way I guess.

I love my current mix of indica God Bud with the indica-dominant Cheese. A real mellow mix through the nano. Perfect for unwinding on a Friday evening.

When I was younger it was bars and clubs on a Friday night.

Now I spend Friday evenings with some nice indica and stretching out on the couch.

Just me and my :goat:

Remember, don't hate on this goat ---> :goat:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Seems like this thread isn't getting enough attention.

Loving my nano tonight with some Platinum GSC. A med grind and my temp is at 6.5. A nice berry flavor. What's in your nano? Was having a pain flair up earlier. With some heat and our fav flower vapor I'm doing much better now.

Edit
Even if you can't name a strain, you can always describe it.

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

I'm just finishing up a quarter of a strain of snowbud that's crossed grand daddy purple. Absolutely terrific, I find myself not being able to finish as much as I usually grind up (like .2 or so for a good long session). I find that if I leave my nano on overnight, when I turn it back up the next morning, I need to turn it lower than I had it before. Like when I start it fresh, I usually need to turn it up to like 7, or between 6.5 and 7. When it's been on for a while, usually it's between 6-6.5. Could just be fluctuations in the outlet, or the time of day, or who knows. Just something I've noticed lately that I hadn't before.

CarolKing

Some cannabis requires a slightly higher or a lower temperature. If my cannabis is dry I need a lower temp.

Edit
If I grind my cannabis the day before and it sits in my little wooden container it dries out a bit by the next day requiring a slightly lower temp.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Oh yeah, but I'm talking about the same bud, the only difference is how long the nano's been running.

Been discussed here for quite some time, and as far as I know - still a mystery. But, I think it has to do with the wood and inside metal cup being warmed up. If they are at temp, the central cylinder and heating element inside it aren't transferring as much heat out the sides. It as all there for you to draw through your material. Just another reason I leave mine on all the time and it is ready to go with best results whenever I reach for it.

BabyFacedFinster

Been discussed here for quite some time, and as far as I know - still a mystery. But, I think it has to do with the wood and inside metal cup being warmed up. If they are at temp, the central cylinder and heating element inside it aren't transferring as much heat out the sides. It as all there for you to draw through your material. Just another reason I leave mine on all the time and it is ready to go with best results whenever I reach for it.

I wish I could leave mine on but I can't, so I generally give it a half hour to get nice and warm. If I need to vape before hand (and I generally do), then I'll pull out my vap cap for a few bowls while waiting. The vap cap and nano have become a great little team.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I wish I could leave mine on but I can't, so I generally give it a half hour to get nice and warm. If I need to vape before hand (and I generally do), then I'll pull out my vap cap for a few bowls while waiting. The vap cap and nano have become a great little team.

Were you the one I read about who had roommates that turn it off? That would suck. If it's not a matter of leaving it out, I'd say a wemo or similar (to turn it on remotely before you get home) would be the way to go. I will use mine (or one of them I should say) within 10 minutes of turning it on, but as you know it is MUCH better with 1/2 hour or so to let it all warm up.

Now I get the using the VC & nano in platoon mode. Loving my VC, but not if I'm anywhere near a warmed nano! Truth be told, I think I'd rather be using the nano after the 10 minute quick heat method. You may want to check out the Milaana if you can swing it. It is instant heat, and the closest thing to a nano without a cord that I've tried. Takes some technique, but it is a tasty beast! After mid May I think they will be wholesale or retail store purchase only.

GetLeft

I sometimes (often) forget to turn off my nano and it stays on for a couple days on end with only a couple of hits here and there in between. It's definitely a convenience having it ready to go. But it's also definitely wear and tear, as was mentioned just above. A steady current of electricity flowing over an extended period of time has its upsides as well as its downsides. My maple nano plugged in for a day or so will soak completely to the point that it's incapable of absorbing any more heat. It throws off what it can into the surrounding atmosphere but eventually the saturation of heat will make my usual 6.3 more like a 6.6...

When my nano's not ready, I plug it in and wait the 20 minutes. It's worth the wait having it at the proper temp imo. The wait time creates a more controlled nano environment and you can regulate your usage better. But hey everyone has different windows of opportunity and a full warm up isn't always possible. For those instances, the portable/desk top combo is the way to go at least for me. I'm never at a loss with that combo working for me.

Cheers nano mates. Hope you're all able to get in some qt with the ones you love at some point tonight!

BabyFacedFinster

Were you the one I read about who had roommates that turn it off? That would suck. If it's not a matter of leaving it out, I'd say a wemo or similar (to turn it on remotely before you get home) would be the way to go. I will use mine (or one of them I should say) within 10 minutes of turning it on, but as you know it is MUCH better with 1/2 hour or so to let it all warm up.

Now I get the using the VC & nano in platoon mode. Loving my VC, but not if I'm anywhere near a warmed nano! Truth be told, I think I'd rather be using the nano after the 10 minute quick heat method. You may want to check out the Milaana if you can swing it. It is instant heat, and the closest thing to a nano without a cord that I've tried. Takes some technique, but it is a tasty beast! After mid May I think they will be wholesale or retail store purchase only.

Thanks, I'll check the Milaana out, but I've spent enough on toys lately. :rolleyes:

No roommates here. I can't have it out because someone would probably break it.

My nano is still my daily driver also. You just can't top that experience. The little VC does give monster hits through my bubbler though, and its fun to use. I'm sure the nano could milk the bubbler like the VC, but I'd have to turn it up higher than where I normal set it (6.5). The VC is my favorite portable.

What I like best with the nano performance is the consistency. I set it where I get just the type of hit I want and then you get it over and over again. I love just parking it on top of my water pipe. You get more herb flavor too while the VC has more of a roasty flavor.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
That would be me, and my girlfriend, our housemate, yeah, no, I've finally gotten them to stop!

Sorry about the mixup with you and @BabyFacedFinster . Glad to hear you got that worked out. Would make me crazy!

Thanks, I'll check the Milaana out, but I've spent enough on toys lately. :rolleyes:

No roommates here. I can't have it out because someone would probably break it.

My nano is still my daily driver also. You just can't top that experience. The little VC does give monster hits through my bubbler though, and its fun to use. I'm sure the nano could milk the bubbler like the VC, but I'd have to turn it up higher than where I normal set it (6.5). The VC is my favorite portable.

What I like best with the nano performance is the consistency. I set it where I get just the type of hit I want and then you get it over and over again. I love just parking it on top of my water pipe. You get more herb flavor too while the VC has more of a roasty flavor.

Dude, just mark your favorite spots with some white out or white nail polish. Use a toothpick to make the line thinner. I have 3 points marked on my nano dial and seldom look at the numbers anymore. Around 5.75 is my dry - usually thorough j-hook - spot that is great for light heady buzz and checking out new bags. Second is normal medium chilling at about 6.2, the regular set it and forget it and usually through a small bubb. Third is between 6.75 & 7 for near combustion clouds - always through water and more diffusion than I usually go. Concentrates usually up around 8.5 and not as particular, so no need for a mark.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry about the mixup with you and @BabyFacedFinster . Glad to hear you got that worked out. Would make me crazy!

Dude, just mark your favorite spots with some white out or white nail polish. Use a toothpick to make the line thinner. I have 3 points marked on my nano dial and seldom look at the numbers anymore. Around 5.75 is my dry - usually thorough j-hook - spot that is great for light heady buzz and checking out new bags. Second is normal medium chilling at about 6.2, the regular set it and forget it and usually through a small bubb. Third is between 6.75 & 7 for near combustion clouds - always through water and more diffusion than I usually go. Concentrates usually up around 8.5 and not as particular, so no need for a mark.
5anJ9b8.jpg

I had to go to 6.0?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Gorgeous! Especially like the contrast of blue and hot pink in this pic. Nice one @ataxian !
I have a little pink grinder I love. (my 2.25" and 4" SPACECASE'S I use as well)
Pink & Blue were marketing gimmicks for boy's and girl's.

Pink or Blue doesn't matter really.

Level 6 NANO action.
DnWRv96.jpg

DUTCH TREAT and life is worth living again! (Pink & BLUE)

Last edited:

nutmeg

Hello everybody!

How's it going? My first post here. I might as well start off by thanking everyone for all the great advice I've found in this thread, much of which helped me make my decision for my first serious vape. My maple e-nano just came in the mail today and I can't be more thrilled. I'm very new to cannabis. I've probably smoked/vaped/eaten about 1-2 ounces worth of material since my first toke 3 years ago. Brought back 1/8th of Blue Dream with me from a road trip to CO this summer which got me more interested. My brother picked up an overpriced Grenco G-Pro at a head shop a while back. It's not a good vape on it's own, but it is really comfortable for chilling with on the couch after a joint, especially during the cold Chicago winter. It really got me interested in vaping. I have pretty sensitive lungs and get bad chest colds, had bronchitis as a kid etc. Combusting makes me cough quite a bit. I'm really hoping to start using cannabis more regularly to help medicate my adhd, depression, and ocd/anxiety. The E-nano seems perfect for this purpose as you can precisely control your intake and dosing. It is, quite frankly, amazing.

I did a small session this afternoon. I had finished up the last of my nug the other day as I wasn't expecting this to arrive so fast (purchased on the 29th). I scraped my grinder clean and got enough for a few hits. Packed up the adjustable tube (the only accessory I picked up) and did one small load at 6.2. A tiny load. All I can say is WOW. I've never gotten pleasantly high like that off of such a small amount. I used the 2-hit method from the Best Of thread. Very satisfying euphoric high for about 45 minutes that sank into relaxation. This strain (which my guy says is strawberry diesel, I'm inclined to believe him) gives me a bit of couch lock so I really chilled out today. Thought I would post an image to show the differences between this and my G-Pro. With the G-Pro I would normally vape my load pretty hard. The temperature control is not great, and the way it is designed you really wanted to do the whole load in one session otherwise it felt a bit wasted. Therefore I would start off at the 380 degree setting and eventually bump it up to the 420. The weed would get pretty roasted but at least the high was there. With the nano I was able to figure out pretty fast when the load was done. Since it was such a small load I didn't feel the need to crank up the temperature and try to squeeze every last molecule of thc out of it. Anyway it did the job well. Here is the image, left is the bud I have, right is the amount I vaped today, bottom is roughly the size of the last load I did in the G-Pro (dime for size). I was wondering if my AVB from the nano today is roughly the color you guys will vape it to.

Otc7DEl.jpg

My only complaint about the unit has to deal with the LED light. It seems to be recessed a full 1/4 of an an inch (I measured). It doesn't seem like a lot, but it means that it is hard to see and I have to bend over a bit or pick up the unit to check if it is on. Not as bad at night but during the day you can't tell anything if it is on a table. Not a big deal but it seems odd to me.
Well I was going to write more but I ended up picking up a few gs of sour diesel and deciding to really go ham tonight and see what this thing can do. Smoked 3 well-packed (for this thing with the adjustable screen, had it pretty close to the heater) bowls with my older brother (25), first at 6 but then at 7, he is much more experienced with cannabis and is currently passed out on the kitchen floor (he was drinking since the afternoon at a golf course). Smoked two more with my other brother (20) and one by myself about 45 minutes ago at 7 heat. I am very pleased right now, we had huge vapor clouds. Both of them said it was leagues beyond any vape they had had before (I don't think they've ever hit a good one though). This machine is so elegant in its simplicity it is absolutely mind-blowing. How was something like this not invented until 2013? I feel so fortunate to be getting into cannabis in the present day with all the advances in legislation and technology.

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts. I'm really glad to be joining such a friendly, enthusiastic group of people and am very glad I found these forums.

ctxgooner

gooner
@nutmeg
Welcome to the family.... I would say my avb is a little darker than yours but not quite as dark as from the g-pro.....I tend to use higher temps than most people though....imma 7-7.5 kinda guy :brow:
But I'm also 100% recreational so I'm all about getting as high as possible as fast as possible.....sounds like you've got it pretty much dialed in though.....

Heat

I just got my old E Nano replaced and got some new glass with it. First things first I am super pleased with the upgrade. Now I have a nice cherry version with very nice wood. Kudos to Epicvape on that part.

I got two new all glass screen GonGs but I am kind of disappointed. These things are WAY more shallow than my original I bought probably 3 years ago but unfortunately broke recently. Is it just me or is the glass screen GonG for only micro sized loads? What am I missing here? I haven't read back the six hundred and something threads to figure out when or what changed. Will they let me return and use the credit towards a couple of the adjustable version?

CarolKing

You can use a wooden chopstick to push out the old screen. You can put a new one in using the same process. Use your e-pick to measure distance from the end of the glass.

Do a search, some pages back @Ratchett made a tool to make the Enano screens.

I find the screens really durable I'm using the same screen that I've been using for 6 months on 2 of my mouthpieces.
I clean the mouthpiece and screen at the same time by soaking in Everclear. I put the mouthpiece in a plastic container that the mouthpieces come in and soak a few days. I switch back and forth between 2 stems. I use the same alcohol each time.

Edit
The fixed glass screen mouthpiece the screens aren't remove-able. I've had a couple of the fixed glass screen stems. I noticed they break easier than the adjustable stems. When they fall they break right where the fixed screen is. My adjustable stems fall and they sometimes will withstand a fall. Not the case with the fixed glass screens. I haven't had the fixed glass screen GonGs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom