Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
At first, I thought the LED was recessed inside the natural wood voids in the walnut piece.
So I added that to cart and was all but ready to buy a 4th nano I don't really need whatsoever, for purely ascetic reasons. Then I'd perhaps sell or gift one I currently have to a friend or something.

Then I couldn't recall my epic vape account details and I had to slow down.
Re-looked @ the pic and realized the LED is in a machined perfect circle hole like all of the other ones I own.:doh:

Phew, you almost had me on that one guys.:rolleyes:

Dramma Lamma,
Reactions: ctxgooner

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
He prob absorbed like 50% of the vapor he inhaled.

I get wanting lung busting hits of vapor... but you have to hold that way longer than you would smoke to get all the THC.

eh.... maybe, maybe not. There are whole threads on this specific topic (at least 2 I know of, maybe 3 or more?) with much discussion, scientific papers linked and enough anecdotal evidence to fill pages of threads - yet no solid conclusions. I'll spare you my theories here. They can be found in the appropriate threads if you're interested.

I try to stick with sharing what I like and why about nanoing here so hopefully others can benefit from my little bit of practice ;). Sometimes they even take my suggestions (or others) and develop whole new things and suggest those here. Little I like more than trying a new way to nano! But, I try to stay away from negative comments about how others nano. Kind of how I like my dial right around 6.25 best, but actually enjoy the fact that some like it at 5.5, others at 7.5, and plenty of others like it somewhere in between. As amazing as this little wooden vape is at doing its thing, I think the versatility is what part of what makes it so loved by so many. And, you never know. You may learn a new tweak or tip or method you never thought of or once scoffed at that becomes your go to. Before I saw this vid I nanoed for more than a year with different techniques and couldn't quite get the hang of smaller load closer with less heat. Was a total game changer for me.

As to the video itself.... thanks for posting it again here @Reflections ! There are many more techniques and tweaks for using a nano, but I still think this method is best for my vaping, presents an easy way to get to know the nano - and your specific nano, is a good starting point for other techniques, yada, yada. If you've got lungs like caligula, go for it! But, this would easily be a 3 or 4 hit load for me. So, just stretch it out a little further, or load a little less (as I usually do).

nutmeg

Nice update!

I wouldn't sweat getting down to 2 hits on the 2-hit method. Works great with 3 or 4, too. IMO important part is small load, close to heat, with a lower heat than would be needed if further away. Other ways work and can be better in some situations, but this remains my favorite way to nano after a couple years and counting.

Check out the Milaana for the closest I've found to a nano without a cord. It's no nano, but pretty amazing in its own right. Kind of in flux right now (think orders from manufacturer end in a couple days, and online retail is just about started), but worth checking out when you're ready.

Yeah dry I think it is harder to really do it all in two goes. My lungs can't take that. However I decided to give it a go with water tonight. Unfortunately my makeshift Oberweis bottle-bong's slide hole was too small for the nano stem, didn't want to try and widen it and probably break the bottle so I improvised...

pmaVCYn.jpg

Seems to have worked, I did get massive vapor, but I'm not particularly relaxed, a bit energetic maybe hit it and a small one after at 7.3. Will see how I feel in a half hour...

Also that Milaana looks great, and it is $30 discounted for the next two days... Don't think I can justify the purchase so soon after picking up the nano though.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We all have our fav way to use our nano. Practice and find out which works for you.

Who is to say how much THC somebody is getting from their draw? If you are getting medicated and you love your nano and feel satisfied then you are doing it right. If you feel medicated after taking a draw while doing something like hyperventilating, you might feel a bit of oxygen deprivation. @flotntoke is right. There are several threads dedicated to taking a draw while medicating.

It's great to get tips from others to make your experience more productive and enjoyable.

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
eh.... maybe, maybe not. There are whole threads on this specific topic (at least 2 I know of, maybe 3 or more?) with much discussion, scientific papers linked and enough anecdotal evidence to fill pages of threads - yet no solid conclusions. I'll spare you my theories here. They can be found in the appropriate threads if you're interested.

I've read and contributed to them, Thanks. There are so many variables I don't think there will ever be a "solid conclusion"... but the study with the Volcano where they measured the THC of people's exhales and found 40%+ THC left is all the conclusion *I* need. You need to hold vapor in longer than a second if you want to extract as much THC as possible.

W
Who is to say how much THC somebody is getting from their draw?

People who do experiments with tools to measure such things. It's not rocket surgery.

beiberhole69,
Reactions: Vaponly

buckhakeesah

I love that the Nano is always ready for action in the morning - Delicious blue vapor of some Silver Pearl(Early Pearl x Skunk #1 x NL5) @ 6.1 through the Mobius Ion. This vape is my go to for water filtration. I have also fallen back in love with hitting it native, as it doesn't seem so hot and dry anymore since I got my Grasshopper :lol:.

E7E63EE5-2DA6-4A7F-BAAB-2D8C7ABC8460_zpsl4g24zg2.jpg
just like me! a bathroom vaper!

buckhakeesah,

CarolKing

Not trying to hurt any feelings but we want accurate info. I'm satisfied I don't need any numbers to tell me whether i'm getting my medicine extracted in an efficient way.
I've seen numbers from other vaporizers but not the nano. Maybs Andy would know if there has been any testing regarding the nano far as accurate data with the THC extraction efficiency while vaporizing.

If there is anything regarding the nano and THC numbers being extracted in an efficient way please post.

The Enano works well with very little cannabis to get the job done that's all I know. Use the nano the way it works best for you. Try different temperatures, grind and amounts of cannabis used and see if a 2 hit lung buster works best or using the nano as a session vape. I usually use the nano as a session vape.

That's what's so great about this vaporizer it can be used different ways. More bang for your buck.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Not talking about the THC absorbed by the lungs. I was talking about efficiency of extracting THC with the Enano. Different vaporizer do a better job than some extracting all the ThC from the cannabis. You were talking about something different it seems like. First is cannabis quality, then vaporizers, how well they extract. Then the lungs. Some folks have lung problems and some don't.

How a person draws could have s lot to do with their ability to take a breath. Some folks can take big deep breaths and can hold their draws a long time. Many just hold their vapor for 5 seconds or so after the draw. Often the draw takes 15 seconds or more. I've seen and heard of some pretty long draws. There are a lot of variations to check out.

There are many different ways of using our fav vape. Do it the way that works for you.

We all have different techniques. It's good to hear about others. The thread on different draws, how different members go about it, is very interesting. Different techniques to try. Check out different threads for sure. @beiberhole69 thanks for posting that.

Lately there's been some info pertaining to how well different vaporizers extract the goodies such as THC and CBD.

Edit
Just cranking up the nano using my j hook. I have some Gorilla Glue. I needed to keep it in the Cvault along with the Boveda packs until it was just right.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Sooooooo...... Like I said, there are already threads for this discussion, and nothing wrong with creating a new one. Let us know which one, or if you create a new one, and I'll be glad to meet you there. Am sure others will come along. Let me know if someone wants to create a new one, and doesn't know how. I'll be glad to start one that's nano specific about THC absorption.

nano! nano!

Shangri-La

Hello,

first time poster :) ive lurked for a while though and have now narrowed my Vape search down to the E-nano and the Life Sabre - hope this is the right place to ask a couple of things? I really like the look of the E-nano but being based in Europe the LSV is easier to get, will it be difficult should I ever have problems with the vape, if I buy from the US?

And would getting an adjustable Gong and stem and extra mesh be considered 'essential' in a starter pack? im planning on getting either a DH Gate bubbler or the Orbiter..but ive heard the Orbital doesn't work so well with this Vape...

Also ive seen an advert in classifieds for a E-nano but don't appear to be able to reply to it?

Thankyou!

Shangri-La,
Reactions: Vapington

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Welcome to FC @Shangri-La ! Nice avatar.

Think only downside with the nano for you would be shipping - especially if you have to return it. Check the thread for issues with cracks. They are less of them all the time, and think they are pretty rare now. If it happens, from reports here it usually starts pretty quickly. And, epic is quick to make it right. Don't recall seeing any problems with repairs or warranty in years. Some people have cracked ones they never sent in because crack stopped, so they still use.

Might want to pick up another GonG or two if you're prone to breaking glass. Some do, but I've never had even a crack. Screens can last pretty well if you clean them with ISO and are careful not to bend them up too much. But, I'd probably grab another pack just because of shipping in the future.

Not sure why you can't reply to classifieds. Maybe because you hadn't posted yet or don't have enough posts. Think those rules are right in classifieds. If that's not it, I'd message a mod. The ones on duty are on main page. Click on name, click start conversation.

Vapington

if you're international and can spare the extra cash up front, probably smart to pick up a few accessories that you might want now or down the line. that said, the standard kit comes with everything you need.

Shangri-La

Ah yes PM - ok I will work out how to do that! Thanks for the tips everyone, I was going to get some beeswax but where I live its always raining and i dont plan to leave it on all the time so I cant see it drying out...

Glad you like the

I recall something about a discount/additional customer support somewhere on this thread but cant recall now - is there some sort of 'offer' through FC that's current? And am I likely to get an extra imports bill added onto the price or does it fly under the radar?

Shangri-La,
Reactions: flotntoke

Uzer

At first, I thought the LED was recessed inside the natural wood voids in the walnut piece.
So I added that to cart and was all but ready to buy a 4th nano I don't really need whatsoever, for purely ascetic reasons. Then I'd perhaps sell or gift one I currently have to a friend or something.

Then I couldn't recall my epic vape account details and I had to slow down.
Re-looked @ the pic and realized the LED is in a machined perfect circle hole like all of the other ones I own.:doh:

Phew, you almost had me on that one guys.:rolleyes:

Fun fact, it's not a LED, it's a neon bulb.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
first time poster :) ive lurked for a while though and have now narrowed my Vape search down to the E-nano and the Life Sabre - hope this is the right place to ask a couple of things? I really like the look of the E-nano but being based in Europe the LSV is easier to get, will it be difficult should I ever have problems with the vape, if I buy from the US?
Welcome! :wave:

I have been using my E-Nano for over two years now, still my favorite personal desktop vaporizer. A year ago I purchased an LSV vaporizer because I wanted to try bigger hits. After two months I went back to my E-Nano, because the LSV was MUCH bigger than I expected (over half a meter long with the dry wand). My Nano is very small (imagine a tiny rebull can) and fits perfectly on my desk :)

Seriously, the Nano has cured any desire I have to purchase another desktop vaporizer. My quest for my favorite portable continues. But all this Milaana talk has me interested.

Shangri-La

OK I think ive been persuaded that the Nano is worth the effort of getting it across half the world ;) Does anyone know though if there will be extra costs in terms of additional taxes as that may be a factor in me settling for the LSV as it does work out cheaper overall?

I LOVE how the Nano looks though and im clumsy so maybe the LSV isn't the best choice with that huge wand lol

Yes I will get a decent step down convertor that buzzing sounds really annoying!

CarolKing

@Shangri-La a big welcome aboard to Nano-nation. You won't be sorry with your decision to buy a Nano.

Some wood splits easier than other wood. You might want to ask about that. I love my cherry wood nano but cherry is one of the wood that is more prone to splitting.

My first premium cherry unit split but Andy made it right. The second one was more beautiful than the first and no splitting the second time around. if it's going to split it will do it within the first few weeks or so. After that no worries. I have a walnut unit too.

My nano is the vaporizer that I use the most even though I have several others I could use. It's very easy to maintain and use plus it doesnt use much cannabis to get you there. I would take others advice and make sure you buy enough mouthpieces and gongs when you order since shipping will be s bitch money wise.

Probably if you buy 4 stems you should be set for while unless you're like @ataxian. I have broken a couple stems this past year. I would buy at least a couple of GonGs, sizes depending on any glass that you want to hook it to. I bought 2 18mm GonGs when I bought my units over a year ago and I haven't broken any so far.
I hope I didn't jinx myself.

There are other vaporizers that you can spend several hundred dollars on ($500+) but the Enano works as well if not better than most of them IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom