howie105

Good selection but I use a similar arrangement with a length of tubing. I am a glass killer and the tubing helps save an occasional piece.

howie105,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@AJS i see you retired your Enano. I have several vaporizers the Enano remains one of my fav. It didn't seem like you used your unit that long? I was curious why you decided to retire Nancy? You still sound really enthusiastic regarding the nano.

I guess there is only so much time in a day.:lol:

Nothing better than a clean mouthpiece, some flavorful cannabis (Purple Kush or GrapeApe)and an Enano on a sunny afternoon. Happy spring FCers.

Last edited:

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
I wish I could use my enano but I got a wicked bad cold. Can't wait to get better and back on my vape. I like the d020 with a 14mm downstem and 14mm adjustable gong. Adds a little more drag. It's easier for me to milk the bubbler that way.

Pjake,

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS i see you retired your Enano. I have several vaporizers the Enano remains one of my fav. It didn't seem like you used your unit that long? I was curious why you decided to retire Nancy? You still sound really enthusiastic regarding the nano.

I guess there is only so much time in a day.:lol:

Nothing better than a clean mouthpiece, some flavorful cannabis (Purple Kush or GrapeApe)and an Enano on a sunny afternoon. Happy spring FCers.

I retired it a few months ago. Had her a good 9 months or so of daily use. I just wanted to branch out into other areas of the vape game. I'll always be amazed by the simplicity, not just electronically and aesthetically, but simplicity in use too. Dealing with thick cords or large vapes gets annoying sometimes. The nano is just perfect.
I just had friends that wanted to start vaping who couldn't get quite the power with the nano that was needed...so I picked up a few extra shifts, moved to a less expensive, but more powerful unit for groups (LSV), and used remaining money on other vape purchases, but made sure those vapes kept the same simple, flavorful feel of the Nano. (Zion and Lotus)

Nancy is also helping to currently convert the combuster that I sold it to, a good friend.

My roommate and good vape friend also both have Nanos, so when I'm missing Nancy, I go play with her friends instead.

The Nano converted me, and I'll always be so thankful for that. And every side by side comparison says that the Nano flavor is hands down better in almost every scenario. The consistency of the dial and vapor is beyond those of others. I just wanted to explore, and through doing so, I have learned more about the Nano's uniqueness than I ever thought possible. I feel like I can vouch for it more than ever now that I've tried other vapes and can truly compare.

No doubt in my mind that I'll own another Nano, this one will be EXOTIC, so I'll be able to get the pure flavor of the HOLY GRAIL again...but with style. :lol:

This is my favorite thread community of all the threads I'm a part of. Nano Nation is simply, the best.

Seriously, much love to you all, can't say it enough.

P.S.
@CarolKing and @ataxian
You both are most certainly some of my favorite posters on FC.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I retired it a few months ago. Had her a good 9 months or so of daily use. I just wanted to branch out into other areas of the vape game. I'll always be amazed by the simplicity, not just electronically and aesthetically, but simplicity in use too. Dealing with thick cords or large vapes gets annoying sometimes. The nano is just perfect.
I just had friends that wanted to start vaping who couldn't get quite the power with the nano that was needed...so I picked up a few extra shifts, moved to a less expensive, but more powerful unit for groups (LSV), and used remaining money on other vape purchases, but made sure those vapes kept the same simple, flavorful feel of the Nano. (Zion and Lotus)

Nancy is also helping to currently convert the combuster that I sold it to, a good friend.

My roommate and good vape friend also both have Nanos, so when I'm missing Nancy, I go play with her friends instead.

The Nano converted me, and I'll always be so thankful for that. And every side by side comparison says that the Nano flavor is hands down better in almost every scenario. The consistency of the dial and vapor is beyond those of others. I just wanted to explore, and through doing so, I have learned more about the Nano's uniqueness than I ever thought possible. I feel like I can vouch for it more than ever now that I've tried other vapes and can truly compare.

No doubt in my mind that I'll own another Nano, this one will be EXOTIC, so I'll be able to get the pure flavor of the HOLY GRAIL again...but with style. :lol:

This is my favorite thread community of all the threads I'm a part of. Nano Nation is simply, the best.

Seriously, much love to you all, can't say it enough.

P.S.
@CarolKing and @ataxian
You both are most certainly some of my favorite posters on FC.
I'm trying not to post on this NANO tread.
However you manage to do so!

I had a LSV a few years ago however it was OK but hard to operate.
The NANO much easier. (I still need to make a unbreakable GonG)!

I replaced my LSV with another easier unit.
The NANO I won't take out of rotation because ease of use means something to me.
I like the heater of the NANO and will convert to High Temperature plastic.
CANNABIS will be legal in all states soon. Then the world will follow.

$57.00 vaporizers will be the new IPHONE.

A cover is a cover however the element of the NANO is why it's special!

Pete

Efficiency Data point

I been researching the enano with medical marijuana patients in my state to see if I should try to get it offered by my local dispensary. Cannabis from our state dispensaries is really expensive, so efficiency could help a lot of patients.

The enano seems extremely efficient to me, but I have no tolerance so can't really tell.

I had another medical marijuana patient try mine today. She has to vaporize 6-7 times a day and has what I would think is a very high tolerance. She normally uses an Extreme-Q via its whip and the Crafty when she is out of the house. She considers the Extreme-Q very efficient.

So I loaded up a glass stem with the screen in the default position ( the distance of the long prong of the enano tool) , and loaded it until the load was just short of touching the heater screen (the short prong of the enano tool) packed lightly. I used the same cannabis she's been using from the dispensary, same grind, etc. It's a 22% sativa.

We measured, by volume, the amount and it was about 1/2 what she uses for one of her Extreme Q sessions - she always measures it for the ExtremeQ, a level 1/8th teaspoon when lightly packed.

She took a dislike to the enano because she thought the load size was too small. I explained I could move the screen down and easily double the load but I wanted to test her on a standard load. And if she needed to, she could load up two stems and have them ready to go for a session if necessary.

Anyway, she also disliked that it took her 5 rather small inhales, almost large sips, to use up what she considered a tiny load. Way too long, she said, to waste on such a small load

But a minute later it hit her and she said she was fully blazed, more so than she gets from her standard Extreme-Q load.

She was extremely surprised by this. As was I. I wouldn't think the enano has double the efficiency given that the ExtremeQ works in a very similar manner. But it may be because so much condenses on the ExtremeQ's long whip. Between her weekly cleanings her whip tube turns a dark brown from all the condensed resin in it.

In spite of its efficiency, she decided she didn't really like the enano as she found its use "inelegant". "Overpriced hunk of wood" may have been expressed She prefers to load her ExtremeQ, get comfortable in a chair, and then take little sips from the whip over 15-20 minutes while relaxing. Once loaded up and turned on, she doesn't have to do anything but take her sips.

I'm the other way - I prefer handling the enano and using the glass stems. To me, it is simple and elegant.

But different strokes.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've used the nano longer than anything else. Each night I pull her out, wait 30 min then start ripping. I usually use my bubbler with a 18mm gong but have been known to use the stem when lazy.

It is just so damn consistent in its vapor production. I love the feel of the warm wood also.

I will still use my other vapes at times. I am still trying to get the hang of my little vapcap. It is great for getting things started while waiting for the nano to heat up.

It would need to be pretty extraordinary to stop the nano as my daily driver.

Cheers :peace:

nukami

so i guess the e nano is like a desktop for you to love it so much. i hate to say i seen he vapor critic review and was like damn when i heard about how efficient it is .

Last edited:

vaplen

@bonez some will say yes some will say no. Biggest differences are the nano has a dimmer dial instead of an external voltage regulator i think its called. Also the nano has a faster heatup from a cold start because the heater is different. Never tried an UD but I assure you a nano won't leave you disappointed

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
@bonez some will say yes some will say no. Biggest differences are the nano has a dimmer dial instead of an external voltage regulator i think its called. Also the nano has a faster heatup from a cold start because the heater is different. Never tried an UD but I assure you a nano won't leave you disappointed
I'd say another two notable difference are:
E nano has an air
path that has no wood directly around it. UD can also use a dimmer, though it is not included with the logs by default, it may not be as accurate as the nano dimmer and does not have markings. The area inside the log around the inner wood and heater core is all stainless. The UD has some metal securing the heater, but the inner walls of the log are all wood. I don't think it affects flavor much, but I think it does "some"? Anyone else want to chime in? I don't use my UD with glass, only NonG and StinG, so take that with a grain of salt. I can say nano flavor on glass is amazing, if you are after pure flavor you will not be disappointed at all.

Underdogs work best, according to the makers, with the inner diameter mating tip stainless stems (NonGs, other stainless tip stems). These are (IMO) better at one hit extraction compared to the nano glass stem mating outside the heater.

They are both excellent vapes.

EDIT: Nano = ceramic heater core, Dog = stainless steel

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'd say another two notable difference are:
E nano has an air
path that has no wood directly around it. UD can also use a dimmer, though it is not included with the logs by default, it may not be as accurate as the nano dimmer and does not have markings. The area inside the log around the inner wood and heater core is all stainless. The UD has some metal securing the heater, but the inner walls of the log are all wood. I don't think it affects flavor much, but I think it does "some"? Anyone else want to chime in? I don't use my UD with glass, only NonG and StinG, so take that with a grain of salt. I can say nano flavor on glass is amazing, if you are after pure flavor you will not be disappointed at all.

Underdogs work best, according to the makers, with the inner diameter mating tip stainless stems (NonGs, other stainless tip stems). These are (IMO) better at one hit extraction compared to the nano glass stem mating outside the heater.

They are both excellent vapes.

EDIT: Nano = ceramic heater core, Dog = stainless steel
I have a Q and use it once in a while? My NANO is always in rotation! My EVO replaced the Q. We all like different stuff?

I like a SOLO in the morning with coffee.
NANO for 420!
EVO before bed!
LOTUS is my joint!

Water path is preferable!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have a Q and use it once in a while? My NANO is always in rotation! My EVO replaced the Q. We all like different stuff?

I like a SOLO in the morning with coffee.
NANO for 420!
EVO before bed!
LOTUS is my joint!

Water path is preferable!

I find the water path to best for me also. The water cools and humidifies the vapor and is 10x m0re comfortable on my throat than a stem. The glass piece must be somewhat substantial if you plan on using it regularly with the nano. If the glass is too small or light then you can't leave it sit with the nano attached because it will tip over. My 12 inch waterpipe is heavy enough to handle the weight of the nano and cord on top.

The other benefit of water has to do with particulate matter. While vaping doesn't allow combustables to be inhaled, you will inhale bits of flower material if using a dry path. The water helps filter out these little bits which you can see in the glass after some use. Whether they have any effect on health I'm not sure, but I rather filter them out.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I find the water path to best for me also. The water cools and humidifies the vapor and is 10x m0re comfortable on my throat than a stem. The glass piece must be somewhat substantial if you plan on using it regularly with the nano. If the glass is too small or light then you can't leave it sit with the nano attached because it will tip over. My 12 inch waterpipe is heavy enough to handle the weight of the nano and cord on top.

The other benefit of water has to do with particulate matter. While vaping doesn't allow combustables to be inhaled, you will inhale bits of flower material if using a dry path. The water helps filter out these little bits which you can see in the glass after some use. Whether they have any effect on health I'm not sure, but I rather filter them out.
Since were talking about water path:

The D022 is my favorite piece for the NANO.
Other pieces work fine as well as I have found.

Small portables small bubblers like a D020

Larger waterpipes like a FC UFO,186; 187 are what I use for powerful units.

ASH COLLECTORS with SHERLOCKS (JHOOKS) are nice to increase volume to a bubbler or water pipe.

HYDRO TUBE's with a 18mm intake and a 18mm female for your own mouth piece is my preference.

I'm kind of outdated however it works for me!
QGzWdCs.jpg

I'll make it work!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wait!

Is that a steel stem I see on top of that bubbler!?!?

Have you finally invented the Ataxian Gong?
sNoUryy.jpg

In medical terms I'm sedated!
In recreational terms the word maybe "STONED"?

FLAVOR unspeakable!

I love this DUTCH TREAT!

WHITE WIDOW come out and play?

This WonG is made by @eds_tnt all glass GonG's are all broken.

At least this works!

Time to rejoice 420!

Last edited:

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
sNoUryy.jpg

In medical terms I'm sedated!
In recreational terms the word maybe "STONED"?

FLAVOR unspeakable!

I love this DUTCH TREAT!

WHITE WIDOW come out and play?

This WonG is made by @eds_tnt all glass GonG's are all broken.

At least this works!

Time to rejoice 420!
My glass set up always looks so vanilla after seeing yours man. Big ups to ya

howie105

Since were talking about water path:

The D022 is my favorite piece for the NANO.
Other pieces work fine as well as I have found.

Small portables small bubblers like a D020

Larger waterpipes like a FC UFO,186; 187 are what I use for powerful units.

ASH COLLECTORS with SHERLOCKS (JHOOKS) are nice to increase volume to a bubbler or water pipe.

HYDRO TUBE's with a 18mm intake and a 18mm female for your own mouth piece is my preference.

I'm kind of outdated however it works for me!
QGzWdCs.jpg

I'll make it work!

White Teflon plumber thread tape?

howie105,
Reactions: ataxian

GetLeft

Maybe I should post this in random thoughts.

- Had some Dutch Treat a week ago while on a trip in a state that lets folks purchase. Loved it and will shortly be investigating how to get it back into my life.

- I love the fun of water and recognize all its advantages. But I get so stoned when I use it.

nukami

whats the differents between the 14mm fixed screen all glass gong and the 14mm adjustable gong

nukami,

howie105

so their no differents in performance than ? anybody have a favorite?

just what you can expect from a moveable screen, variable load size and or relocation of the load in reference to the heater opening. As to the question of better, that depends on what you can or can't get out of the setup. I increase the load size a bit at the start and then move the load closer to the screen as the MJ nugs cook out and collapse. Is it better, to a point for me. However more importantly for me it is just a little more consistent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom