Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I just got the enanao last week and already I think it is the best vaporizer I've ever used. My only complaint is the stiff power cord. Like a poster, above, I've velcro-ed the cord to the table so it won't drag the log off the table. I'm thinking of switching out the cord from the pot control to the log with a spiral cord from an electric shaver like this one to make the log easier to use.
powercordb.jpg
You thinking of using that with a coupler (female to female AC) of sorts, or just ditching the dial completely?

Sand,

Pete

You thinking of using that with a coupler (female to female AC) of sorts, or just ditching the dial completely?
I used this picture just as an example of the type of cord. I have to check the prong spacing. Current capacity probably not an issue as the enano is around 0.1 amp. But I would cut off the plug end of the shaver cord and replace the cord from the pot ( dial) to the enano with this type of cord.

Pete,
Reactions: Sand

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
-font-b-Power-b-font-Plug-font-b-Connector-b-font-UP-Down-Angle-IEC.jpg

That's what I was imagining, I can't bring myself to franken-gut my nano cord yet! (Google'd 'C7 AC Power connector) Any of you folks here good with electricity, would there be a down-side to lengthening the cord, like would it get too warm?

Here's a cool Wikipedia article on the subject:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320
EDIT:
Or is this the ticket?
YL-0213-P1.jpg

I'm confusing myself enough I think I need to draw a diagram out.

Sand,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I used this picture just as an example of the type of cord. I have to check the prong spacing. Current capacity probably not an issue as the enano is around 0.1 amp. But I would cut off the plug end of the shaver cord and replace the cord from the pot ( dial) to the enano with this type of cord.

Should work, but you may want to have a fresh nano cord at the ready (or be ready to re-assemble the original one). Small changes in current can have large effects on the nano. Changes to the cord could leave you with barely enough heat on 10 to get good vapor. Also, think it may not be a good idea to leave a nano on all the time with a modified cord. Many of us leave it on regularly with the stock cord and I don't think we've heard of a single issue related to this. But, a modded cord would be an untested addition.

Have fun, but be careful!!! Let us know how it goes.

Pete

Should work, but you may want to have a fresh nano cord at the ready (or be ready to re-assemble the original one). Small changes in current can have large effects on the nano. Changes to the cord could leave you with barely enough heat on 10 to get good vapor. Also, think it may not be a good idea to leave a nano on all the time with a modified cord. Many of us leave it on regularly with the stock cord and I don't think we've heard of a single issue related to this. But, a modded cord would be an untested addition.

Have fun, but be careful!!! Let us know how it goes.
If the enano, as reported, puts out a peak wattage of 15 watts, it has an internal resistance of about 800 ohms. So the fraction of an ohm a different power cord would add will have no impact on the enano. In any case, I would retain the original plug so could easily re-soider it back in, plus I have a defective power supply they sent with my original order - I had to ask for a replacement one ( The lady I talked to said this has been a problem. At the prices they are charging they should really test each one before they send it out!)

But the sensitivity is an issue. If I were going to make a power source from the ground up, I would use an inexpensive digital voltage chopper to control the effective voltage into the enano. These are much better than resister pots for several reasons - 1) no wasted energy, as they are simply high speed voltage on/off switches, with the length of the "on" determined by the dial; 2) They can be set up for linear, non-linear or a custom relationship between their dial setting and effective voltage output; 3) They are small and inexpensive; and most importantly, 4) most have a voltage regulation circuit in them so they can compensate for varying input voltage, meaning you don't have to change the settings if your house voltage is browning out.

I'm not going to do anything for a couple of weeks - still getting use to the log. Then when I get bored I will swap it out and post what I used and how it works.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Sounds like you have a good grasp of what you're doing (much better than me!). Agree cords should be tested before shipping. Many reports here of problems with them, and I think all nanos are still tested before shipping. Would think it wouldn't be much trouble to test the cords too, other than opening the package and refolding the cord to send it out.

I wasn't aware of AC voltage choppers, but this sounds pretty interesting. Any possibility you may be doing something like this instead of just replacing part of your cord? If so, I may be up for buying one. It usually doesn't take much tweaking to get the traveling nano to where I want it in new situations, but would be nice if my settings stayed the same no matter where it was plugged in. Using it on an inverter in the car (tailgating - not driving usually) is the most troublesome. Settings are obviously different than at home on straight AC, and vary not only from car to car but on the same car. And, it usually takes a load or two to dial it in just right.

Then again.... a Zion may be remedying this situation for me in the hopefully near future. There really is little that is cooler than nano vaping through a bubbler sitting in your trunk (or back of an suv/wagon), but ditching the cords and still having pure convection would be much nicer and easier.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey, thanks for your input @max & @howie105 & @ataxian !:)

Honestly, it is indeed a lot more comfortable to pack the gong by feel than to weight out exactly let's say 0.1 g. But on the other hand, I have to admit that I am a little nerdy when it comes to this - I weight my doses and keep accounting and so I always have an overview of how much I consume.

So maybe it is irrelevant to know the exact amount of herb you use but what frustrates me increasingly is the fact that I fail in getting long lasting big cloud-draws with my E-Nano so far.

The results I am getting so far are pretty good, no question. It tastes really good, but sometimes I need these big big hits and I have not been able so far to get these kind of hits from my bubbler.

I've tried some different settings, but a normal session for me is like:

I pack a little amount of ground herb in the gong. I just sprinkle it over it, don't pack it. With the shorter side of the e-pick I check that the heater is not touching the top of the load.
Then I put the gong onto my bubbler, the E-Nano's temperature is about 7. I place the Nano onto the gong and wait for like 20-30s before i hit. The glass milks immediately, thick vapor is being produced, but at the point where the bubbler is completely filled (I have a D020-like bubbler) the vapor production stops.
Then i stir the load and get another (mostly) airy draw, most of the time the 2nd hit is unnecessary for me.

Looking at the ABV: I would say it looks okay. But most of the time I find green spots in it. Regularly dark brown ones as well, kind of pre-combusted particles I guess.

So, conclusion: For me, this is normal I would say :D I wouldn't expect to get much more vapor from a tiny amount of herb like this. I mean, I can lower the screen and pack more. That works and I get a slightly bigger draw but I have never had a session where the 2nd hit was milking the glass more than the first.

I've seen that hundred times on video and basically that is true convection behavior. I know this, since I use several other convection vaporizers as well ;)

First draw - flavor. 2nd draw more vapor, etc.

But unfortunately, I am not able to get a session like this.

I spend exactly the same amount of herb like before, and that frustrates me a little.

Maybe I was expecting wonders, I think I was, yes. But when i read things like "0.025 gave me 4 white walling hits" I wonder what I do wrong here :D
0.025 gives me exactly ONE hit- maybe a second - read above.

Sorry if this all sounds like a rant, it is definitely not meant to be !!

If I didn't read all these comments about its incredible efficiency I maybe wouldn't have been questioning anything here.
But this at least leaves me a little bit bewildered :-/
Nice of you to write such a report.

I love to read NON-FICTION while enjoying CANNABIS.
I had a plug installed out in the garden.
The NANO I leave plugged-in 24/7.
FLAVOR is important to me.
Like CHOCOLATE.

Tony Timeless

Hello guys,

thank you so much for all your answers here.

I am sorry for obviously being nit-picking when it comes to load size of the gong.

But it seems like I was doing 2 things wrong: My draw speed has been way too fast & the load size wasn't fitting my needs at all. So I actually found a good setting which works for me, I lowered the screen some millimeters, which allows me to pack a load, which gives me 2 big draws when I inhale nice & slow.
Thanks to @AJS for reminding me. I've been using the CloudEvo for some weeks lately and I've been getting used to really rip my water-tools, so it is still a little unfamiliar for me but actually I like it really much, since it is really pleasant for my throat to inhale in a much smoother way. The resulting ABV looks much more even now.

I also find, that different strains seem to have different sweet spots when it comes to temperature. Maybe this isn't an extraordinary ascertainment, but it hit me by surprise that the effects were really that noticeable.

I am really happy to fully enjoy my Nano now finally. :clap::nod:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks to @AJS for reminding me. I've been using the CloudEvo for some weeks lately and I've been getting used to really rip my water-tools, so it is still a little unfamiliar for me but actually I like it really much, since it is really pleasant for my throat to inhale in a much smoother way. The resulting ABV looks much more even now.
Yay! Glad this helped out a bit. I had the same problem going from my lsv to the nano, always gotta remind myself they're different beasts.

AngryJon

I pack a little amount of ground herb in the gong. I just sprinkle it over it, don't pack it. With the shorter side of the e-pick I check that the heater is not touching the top of the load.
Then I put the gong onto my bubbler, the E-Nano's temperature is about 7. I place the Nano onto the gong and wait for like 20-30s before i hit. The glass milks immediately, thick vapor is being produced, but at the point where the bubbler is completely filled (I have a D020-like bubbler) the vapor production stops.
Then i stir the load and get another (mostly) airy draw, most of the time the 2nd hit is unnecessary for me.

I'm not sure why you're letting your nano just sit on the gong. The e-nano is a convection vaporizer, meaning only heat transferred from air is meant to be heating your herb. And that hot air only transfers heat to your herb when it is touching your herb, which it only does when you breathe in causing it to move from its location over the heater core to where your herb is.

By letting the e-nano sit on your gong you cause the glass gong itself to heat up, which will then in turn pass heat to your herb through conduction. Also, it will allow air to sit on top of the heater core, meaning the first unit of air to hit your plant will be noticeably hotter than what is to follow. I actually usually blow a puff of air through my nano before hitting it to avoid the effect you're cultivating here.

I've seen that hundred times on video and basically that is true convection behavior. I know this, since I use several other convection vaporizers as well ;)

First draw - flavor. 2nd draw more vapor, etc.

But unfortunately, I am not able to get a session like this.
To get this type of session with the nano you MUST start at a lower number on the dial than 7. The nano heats the load you have very quickly to whatever temperature it is, and a 7 is cloud territory with the nano, so that's what you get. Even with the first hit.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I never weigh out my cannabis. I usually go by feel. I fill up the stem very loosely about 3/4 to the top. I use the stem to scoop up, then turn the Enano up side down and insert the stem. I do it the lazy way. When the flavor is gone I then dump in my ABV jar. Usually it's dark with some lighter flakes.

I am using a j hook and the Enano with some Grape Ape binge watching "Better Call Saul" tonight.

Edit
Different nanos, electrical outlets and different dimmer switches can have slightly different heat levels. So temp 7 on one unit might be slightly different than another unit. Advice is great but sometimes folks need to see what works for them. What might seem harsh for one person could feel different to someone else.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I actually usually blow a puff of air through my nano before hitting it to avoid the effect you're cultivating here.
This 100%.
I've done so much personal testing on cloud production, smoothness, flavor, deep vape (not mostly the top layer) and everything comes out to blowing the air out of the core prior to use.
I'll be honest, I enjoyed heat soaking, but not by leaving the nano on after the hit, just by giving it 10 secs or so to heat up. Then I'd take the nano off, do my blow off to clear the ambient hot air that'll accumulate, then proceed to take my hit. This ensures the air is fresh and the exact temp it's intended to be.
Granted, people like to vape how they vape, and If you like adding a tiny bit of conduction, or like the big initial burst of vapor, whatever it may be, that's totally fine! That's why the nano is so incredible, because it can be used any way the user wants. Incredible!

throwawaytre3s

So, I have a quick question. I turned my enano up to 9 to warm it up a little faster, and I noticed it was putting off a very toaster oveny hot appliance smell. I turned it down to 6.5 and then the smell went away, and I vaped as normal, but uh, is this normal? Should I be concerned?

throwawaytre3s,

AJS

Calm Consistency
So, I have a quick question. I turned my enano up to 9 to warm it up a little faster, and I noticed it was putting off a very toaster oveny hot appliance smell. I turned it down to 6.5 and then the smell went away, and I vaped as normal, but uh, is this normal? Should I be concerned?
You sure there wasn't a tiny bit of left over plant matter on the heater? Or something else that may be burning? Happens to me when a bit of plant matter is on the heater.

howie105

Turn it up again and see if it starts stinking again, if it is just something foreign that fell onto the heater it may burn off. On the other hand if it just won't cook off you might consider returning it for service. The smell of cooking electrical equipment is seldom good.

Vapoz

Could not find a decent 14mm bubbler, right now Im using the Orbiter but the silicone whip smells, how's the smell after vaping with a all-glass bubbler? And is the d022 the best bubbler with the E-Nano?

Vapoz,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Could not find a decent 14mm bubbler, right now Im using the Orbiter but the silicone whip smells, how's the smell after vaping with a all-glass bubbler? And is the d022 the best bubbler with the E-Nano?
There is no best. The smell is minimal. I prefer the d020-D over the d022, although both are good units, depends if you want height or a bigger chamber.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Mine does sometimes get a little dusty in there. nano itself doesn't need much cleaning, but I try to give it some love every month or two. Shut her off and let her cool down. Get an old dry toothbrush and a rag. Dry scrub the inside with toothbrush (where heating element is) cleaning element tube, bottom and external sides. Flip and tap it on a towel. Use your rag on the handle of the toothbrush to wipe it down inside. If really cruddy you can use a damp rag, but don't let any moisture hang out in there. I dry it. Once dry, turn your nano up to 10 and let it roast for at least 1/2 hour (hour or so even better). Most stuff that may have fallen in (dust, plant dust, etc) will burn off. Flip it and give it a few more taps on the towel while you wait for it to get back down to your favorite temp. This is also a good time to butter her up if you like to add some finish. I use a little bees wax and coconut oil.

If after this cleaning you're still smelling stuff, might be a good idea to send her in.

As @AJS said, there is no best - at least not for all. What matters is what you like best. If you have some preferences, list them here and I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions. Silicone usually needs to be replaced after a while. Anymore, I tend to stay away from it other than on GonG adapters. Glass can get nasty if you don't keep it clean, but it's usually pretty easy to clean unless you start getting crazy with percs and whatnot. I too prefer the D020-D over most other bubblers, but like a medium sized can with a round perc. Sidecars are nice for vaping too, IMO. Keeps the nano out of your face, and you can see the vapor filling the can pretty easily. You may want to check this one out. If I could only have one bubbler for vaping, this or something pretty close would be it. There are a few variations with straight and sidecar mouthpieces. But, that's me. You may want something entirely different.

Almost forgot.... nothing really "wrong" with 14mm, but I like 18mm much better. Larger opening gives better airflow and easier to clean. Feels a little more sturdy - especially if you leave your nano perched on top at all. Just seems more solid to me, and most of the pieces I seem to like tend to be 18mm.

Vapoz

@All thanks for your quick response, I actually don’t know my preference, I like big clouds and taste is important.I really like the d020 and d022 and the matrix sidecar.

That will be a nice vape party, one d020/2, one Orbiter, 3 normal stems the E-Nano and Crafty (plus the MFLB with PA 2.0 if everything dies)

Vapoz,

howie105

I use an Orbiter with a 14.4 adapter (no silicone tubing) with a Nano and no smell. The problem with tubing is you have to keep it really, really clean or be ready to replace it often.

Vapington

All,

will I be good to go with the following, or am I missing an ingredient?

nano->18/19mm gong->D020

for the gong, I would be using the 18/19mm currently listed on the company site.

thanks for any responses!

Vapington,
Top Bottom