BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Thats impressive! Any special lighting used to help vapor show up on video? Also was that ground or whole? And whats your ABV look like @ 8? Mine looked scorched on the top...

46c3.jpg
I do have my lamp on over my desk ,its was getting dark. I will do one in the day to show the vapor as is. The clouds pretty much look like that to me, I can blow it at someones face and have there face disappear behind the vapor for a second. Mine doesn't come out scorched anymore , now that I have the level right of loading and if I want more I have to pack it down to the line I set for max load with out scorching. you do have to pack a bit more than usual but not much more. I have used 8.5 on other herbs , I tried 8.5 and scorched the top of this particular og I got , but the last strain I had going 8.5 all day long. This strain I maxed it at 8.25 ish and I got huge hits no burning , but of course the material was really dark how I like it.
This one was ground , I did a video(posted above or last pages) where I did whole nug at 6.5 (lower temp). Also the bowls & gongs vary in sizes as someone posted page or two back, some have a deeper bowl and some don't.
@Caligula my ideal temp is 8-8.5 but now Iam learning that 8 is probably closer to my sweet spot.

Just my $.02...
I've found that you'll get significantly different extraction results at a given temperature setting, even amongst ground bud, depending on your grind, moisture content, and strain.
I've combusted at a setting as low as 6 and as high as 8.5 with ground material. Contributing factors are as follows:

1 - Finer grind = more surface area, i.e. vape at lower temp. I usually adjust between 1.5 - 2 when using fine-medium grind vs whole nugs. Fine grind = equals large/dense clouds at the expense of whole nug flavor & slightly extra effort of grinding.
2 - Dry material = vape at lower temp. I would dial the temp down 1-1.5 for material that is dry.
3 - Strain - some strains combust at 6 when dry & finely ground, some I can take up to 8.5 or so.

Well said, I totally agree.
I have experienced this more than a few times now.
I havent combusted but the closest I ever got was when I tried 8.5 with this particular strain I have now and it was scorched on top.

Here we go... I did this before breakfast :)

I love it ,very awesome!!!
Thank You :nod::clap::tup::rockon:
I love the custom nano , what is that picture!!!

E-Nano on 7.5 with about half a PD stem worth of material. Beer Glass. Poor lighting. Need to invest in a desk lamp. Anyway......Enjoy.

Love it man, good to see everyone getting int o the e-nano spirit!!!
Rock on!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon::clap::clap::nod::nod:

I really need to learn how to edit videos...

Also how harsh is that hit when cranked to 10 and dry?

Its not hard at all, do you have a mac????

My stem can get a bit wArm the longer I hit it but with straight clean concentrates I just love it , not to harsh. maybe others can report on this , I have to try again since I was pretty obliterated .

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Well the cotton came today. Given how much I used on my first (and only) run with concentrate, the tube should last quite a while (except maybe I heard cotton placed further upstream in the airpath can "smooth out" hits?).

Anyway, I tried it at 7.5 first. Got a couple okay rips then bumped to 8. IDK if it was the heat increase or because I "primed" the cotton with the previous hits, but it worked really well thereafter.

Now I did notice a slightly bitter taste towards the end, but I did push it to see how long it would produce vapor. I didnt see any burnt cotton and think maybe thats a byproduct of this type of vaping regarding concentrates? The shatter I used is top shelf from Prime Extracts, so I know the meds are clean.

Anyway, only used it via my PNWT so far. Ill try a dry run shortly to see how that goes.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
My McFinns cotton should be here tomorrow! I've been saving some Tangie shatter for that.

MMMMM Tan-G, one of my favorites!!!

Thats the left over by products( probably (plant matter ,lipids,waxes, etc, etc), even the cleanest of shatters (tiny amounts ) will have this. You get more hits from less, better flavor, but if you take it passed the first couple fat tasty hits now what's left is the "leftovers/byproducts".
The lower the heat the more tasty hits youll get before you get to the leftovers, if you run high heat then a few tasty large hits then you begin heading into vaping the byproducts.
I use the smallest amount possible to hold the oil in but not obstruct the air flow to much, then a piece on top to keep it all contained in the cotton as it liquifies.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Okay, WAY better dry than with the PNWT. I tell you, I have really bad luck using that thing. I used the pinch tube w/o a screen. Set it to 9 and barely put the heating element in past the outer lip of the stem. Worked like a charm. After 3-4 seconds thick vapor came out, so I stopped for a second, exhaled and then went at it. MASSIVE cloud achieved!

Now Im wondering if I also inhaled some cotton fibers? Do people usually screen these pinched tubes?

Semi related: My Aeon/JanPix matrix bubbler shipped and should be here on Saturday!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Okay, WAY better dry than with the PNWT. I tell you, I have really bad luck using that thing. I used the pinch tube w/o a screen. Set it to 9 and barely put the heating element in past the outer lip of the stem. Worked like a charm. After 3-4 seconds thick vapor came out, so I stopped for a second, exhaled and then went at it. MASSIVE cloud achieved!

Now Im wondering if I also inhaled some cotton fibers? Do people usually screen these pinched tubes?

Semi related: My Aeon/JanPix matrix bubbler shipped and should be here on Saturday!
cant wait to see the nano paired up with the jhanmatrix lol lol * wink* wink* cough* cough*:rolleyes:

I havent had any issues with burn fibers, even when cotton is really close to heating element.
I tried again vaping plain organic cotton with nothing in it and , no burning no discoloration, no nothing.

:shrug:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yea, me too. I hope my 18mm GonG gets here in time. I got an email last week from EV saying my shippment wouldnt go out until "first week of Jan" because of large demand.
cool, Holidays mess things up, I am also waiting for a shipment this week.
Look at the whole debacle that amazon is in, months late on Xmas gifts, they blame ups or was it fed-ex?
Good thing is this is the first week of jan, so I hope its on its way for you and myself.
Did you just get a standard reducer 18mm to 14mm female ?

BLAZING OG,

Caligula

Maximus
cool, Holidays mess things up, I am also waiting for a shipment this week.
Look at the whole debacle that amazon is in, months late on Xmas gifts, they blame ups or was it fed-ex?
Good thing is this is the first week of jan, so I hope its on its way for you and myself.
Did you just get a standard reducer 18mm to 14mm female ?

Ordered this in 19mm:

http://www.epicvape.com/accessories..._aromatherapy_botanicals_herbal?product_id=66

To mate with this:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/hd-65mm-matrix-tire-perc-water-pipe-bubbler-18-8-dewar-559936518

I'm assuming I don't require any further hardware (please say I don't)?

Top Bottom