Caligula

Maximus
@BLAZING OG

So I was thinking about our discussion regarding wanting a deeper bowl on the stem (so you can be a lazy stoner and leave the stem on the Nano without burning shit). I was also wondering what I'm going to do with this POS pinched stem that I have (I hate it). It was about that time that I burned myself on the GonG when trying to use the PNWT and noticed that its 2x as deep as the stock stem...

That was my ah-ha moment.

6x4x.jpg

1l97.jpg

Shit works legit! I can also tell the vapor is cooler @ the same heat levels. Not sure if that would change as the glass heat-soaks though.

edit: Also if I can find a longer piece of silicone, I can use this shit like a bendy straw!

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Nice , I also made my self a nother home made gong which sits the herb furtther away, I get good results but seems a bit to airy as its not as air tight as the original gong to nano adapter.

Nice work, putting that stem to some good use is awesome.

Did you try the chopstick trick with the pinched stem? or does it not work?

EDIT
i see the pic clearly now and get, so your gong has a deeper bowl than the pinched stem?

My broken gong was the opposite , it was a shorter distance between herb and heating element.
The dry stem seems to be a bit longer giving me that space needed to not burn or scorch but get large hits still.

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
Sadly it wouldnt work. Try as I might I just couldnt get the screen (either size) to seat properly. And I tired with various tools.

Caligula,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Sadly it wouldnt work. Try as I might I just couldnt get the screen (either size) to seat properly. And I tired with various tools.
The trick is to get the right size screen and centering the tool to make the screen a cup shaped but centered.
I tried at least 10 times on the home made gong I was making and couldnt get it , I finally started trimming away excess uneven parts of the screen once it was folded and shaped. I finally got it to stick and after 2 uses its in there really solid.

I got a video finalizing in the project folder, will post it up as soon as it up loads.
I hope to do a dry session on 8+ to show the lung busting clouds I can get from this bad boy.

BLAZING OG,

Caligula

Maximus
The trick is to get the right size screen and centering the tool to make the screen a cup shaped but centered.
I tried at least 10 times on the home made gong I was making and couldnt get it , I finally started trimming away excess uneven parts of the screen once it was folded and shaped. I finally got it to stick and after 2 uses its in there really solid.

I got a video finalizing in the project folder, will post it up as soon as it up loads.
I hope to do a dry session on 8+ to show the lung busting clouds I can get from this bad boy.

Meh its not like I dont have an all glass stem that works tits with the chopstick trick. I just had the second pinched piece as a backup and ordered without knowing how this would go down. Id gladly just pay the extra 8 bucks or whatever for the all glass unit. SO much easier.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Okay, I think I've just perfected oils with the Nano.

I took the glass-pinch stem (the one that you need a screen in), and TWO of the Epic screens. I tore itty bitty wisps of cotton off a 100% organic cotton ball. I made a very thin cotton pad on top of one screen (oops, losing typing skills), then took some wax and warmed/flattened out a thin layer of it, just the size of the screen, and laid/smeared on the cotton. Put another thin layer of cotton on top, and then topped with the second screen. Used a chopstick butt to gently slide the set into the stem.

I bumped the Nano to Max, while I was setting this up - hit it... at first the pull was hard, as the heat first hit the wax - then, with almost a sound to it, the wax seemed to melt right into the cotton, and I got a huge cloud of vapor. Bumped Nano back to 7, then hit it once more... really, really nice thick vapor. And right now, 5 minutes later, I am as affected as I was when I did this with my oil rig.

I promise, next time, I'll do a vid or a photo shoot.

z9

I've had great success using cotton and oil with my water tool, I've been vaping around 9.5 though. I'm amazed at how efficient vaporizing oil in the Nano. I've only had experiences with nails and pens up until now.

Has anyone considered putting a VXH ELB in the bottom of an 18mm gong? I might be buying some to experiment with when I get back into town.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I've had great success using cotton and oil with my water tool, I've been vaping around 9.5 though. I'm amazed at how efficient vaporizing oil in the Nano. I've only had experiences with nails and pens up until now.

Has anyone considered putting a VXH ELB in the bottom of an 18mm gong? I might be buying some to experiment with when I get back into town.
Nano convection dabs are my favorite at the moment lol lol
The vxh elbs sounds like a good idea.
I loaded less than half a dab on cotton and get giant hits that rivals the nail rig but much more flavor.

Also if they made like a volcano pad but smaller to fit inside the nano stems or gongs ,i would assume they would work great, even a glass fritt or 2 that would fit would be tits!!!!!

Meh its not like I dont have an all glass stem that works tits with the chopstick trick. I just had the second pinched piece as a backup and ordered without knowing how this would go down. Id gladly just pay the extra 8 bucks or whatever for the all glass unit. SO much easier.
gotcha, you could also try using it as an oil stem only with a tiny bit of cotton , no screen needed in the pinch stem with cotton, and turn the nano up high.

Would a Vapir NO2 screen work ?
That is what I use for my Solo stems .

And now back to you 2 ...
Thats a great idea, I dont have any at hand yet but I plan on ordering some for various vapes I own.:tup::tup:

Okay, I think I've just perfected oils with the Nano.

I took the glass-pinch stem (the one that you need a screen in), and TWO of the Epic screens. I tore itty bitty wisps of cotton off a 100% organic cotton ball. I made a very thin cotton pad on top of one screen (oops, losing typing skills), then took some wax and warmed/flattened out a thin layer of it, just the size of the screen, and laid/smeared on the cotton. Put another thin layer of cotton on top, and then topped with the second screen. Used a chopstick butt to gently slide the set into the stem.

I bumped the Nano to Max, while I was setting this up - hit it... at first the pull was hard, as the heat first hit the wax - then, with almost a sound to it, the wax seemed to melt right into the cotton, and I got a huge cloud of vapor. Bumped Nano back to 7, then hit it once more... really, really nice thick vapor. And right now, 5 minutes later, I am as affected as I was when I did this with my oil rig.

I promise, next time, I'll do a vid or a photo shoot.
Oh yes, thats my favorite!!!!!:nod::nod:
The cotton works wonders and no mess its unbelievable.
I only have one gripe with cotton and the all glass stem is that it sucks into the little holes and makes the air flow way to restricted, luckily I have pretty dam strong lung and it still gives me huge nail size hits. I could see my new screened gong having more air flow with cotton inserted, we will see.

I go between 8-8.5 to about 9.5 and get insane hits and gets me very medicated.:drool::drool:

I was reading SOME people with new cloud evo's not being able to do dab with there units , but I hope they get it ironed out as I was reading on the original cloud thread was what got me wondering about trying oils in the nano.

E-Nano is like an electric nail but uses convection vs conduction/flash vaping off hot titanium.

My buddy was impressed with my nano and oil videos, he texted me " okay looks dope, but can the nano compete with a .3 size dab on a torched red hot quartz nail?"
I wasn't prepared to answer that question yet since I had just had my nano for 2 days, but now I want to say hell yeah dude shhhh what are you thinking. In all seriousness I wouldnt need a .3 in the nano since it convection cooks your oil optimally vs flash vaping and probaly loosing a bunch of needed medicine by burning it off on the initial first dab when hot titanium or quartz nail is the hottest.
So id like to think that a .1 dab would go as far and as powerful as a .3 on a nail, but i haven tested that theory yet. I will try to test that theory one day soon. Try to see if the nano can convection vape a large amount with out it getting messy or running oil all over the place.

I have not felt the need to try a .1 since the smallest amount already gives giant hits, my glass blower buddy that smoke oil all day long has a ridiculous tolerance lol.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I need to find some of this organic cotton. All I have are Q-Tips.
You can find it at different stores, also theres the mc finns organic cotton but its priced higher I think for less, but they carry that at some smoke/headshops.
Wholefoods might have it also ,organic cotton that is and maybe even unbleached.

Here you go, for your viewing pleasure.
Watch in 720P and some that dont like loud obnoxious music you can turn it down lol lol sorry:ugh:

Quick E-nano dry session.
I will try to upload me using the dry stem on higher temps like 8-8.5.

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
And there isnt anything vaping off of the cotton? No combustion?

Ive done this too, but I dont get nail sized hits?
I tried loading cotton by it self and I got no vapor no taste other than the heating element from nano, It didnt burn and no visible effects were noticed.
Some people are using degummed hemp.

Last edited:
BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Seren

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Anyone try these? Might be easy to cut a bit off and put in the stem?

http://www.amazon.com/Unbleached-Co...rganic/dp/B005MRNPTE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Looks dope, cant report since I havent used them.

http://www.yogitimes.com/review/organic-cotton-balls-ears-whole-foods/

If you haven’t put much thought into how you can be more eco-conscious while cleaning your ears or removing nail polish, don’t worry, Whole Foods did. Their own 365 Organic Cotton Balls and Swabs have an enjoyably soft plush feel without any of the harsh chemicals.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yea but the closest WF is like 30 minutes from me... :(
oh dam, that sucks.
30 minutes is pretty far for cotton, hmmmm.
Target ,wal-mart, trade joes might have them also.

EDIT
sorry for the typo in the video, dam spell check got me.
I meant built in screen not build!
Thanks

Last edited:
BLAZING OG,

Caligula

Maximus
Fuck it, I found the McFinns @ VaporWarehouse. I had a few bucks in "vapor dollars", and they ship for free. Order only cost me 8.75

Caligula

Maximus
as promised , higher temp video.
set @ 8 and 8.25.
Enjoy
Sorry got really really medicated on this one and started screwing around with the effects.

Thats impressive! Any special lighting used to help vapor show up on video? Also was that ground or whole? And whats your ABV look like @ 8? Mine looked scorched on the top...

46c3.jpg

Last edited:

Luv2Vape

Thats impressive! Any special lighting used to help vapor show up on video? Also was that ground or whole? And whats your ABV look like @ 8? Mine looked scorched on the top...

46c3.jpg

Just my $.02...
I've found that you'll get significantly different extraction results at a given temperature setting, even amongst ground bud, depending on your grind, moisture content, and strain.
I've combusted at a setting as low as 6 and as high as 8.5 with ground material. Contributing factors are as follows:

1 - Finer grind = more surface area, i.e. vape at lower temp. I usually adjust between 1.5 - 2 when using fine-medium grind vs whole nugs. Fine grind = equals large/dense clouds at the expense of whole nug flavor & slightly extra effort of grinding.
2 - Dry material = vape at lower temp. I would dial the temp down 1-1.5 for material that is dry.
3 - Strain - some strains combust at 6 when dry & finely ground, some I can take up to 8.5 or so.

Top Bottom