Squiby

My understanding is putting the xl condenser mp on a woody makes it too long for either, it only fits minus the mp. You need to get a short body woody which I'm hoping to do soon. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Yes. I agree.

If you want a Vapcap that will fit into the current storage tubes and Dynastash or Dynastasher you have two options. You can have a Vapcap with a mouthpiece or one without a mouthpiece. Here's how you do it.

1. Buy a vapcap, Ti Glassy, Ti Woody stock without a mouthpiece or buy an Omnivap. They all fit into the storage tubes and the Dynastash/Dynastasher.

2. Buy a Ti Glassy/Woody and buy a short body (45mm long) and a wood mouthpiece. The short body will allow you to add a wood mouthpiece to the stock condenser. You can also change the Omni body for a wood short body. These configurations do not change the overall length of the Vapcaps. They all fit into the storage tubes and the Dynastash/Dynastasher.

Once you start adding the XL Condenser with mouthpiece, you are adding 17mm to the overall length and any XL Condenser configuration will NOT fit into the tubes or stashes.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Finally got a wee VapCap of my own. Apparently I hadn't actually talked about my friend getting one and me trying it out a few times... Yeah I saved my first bit of the day for the VapCap and even under sub-optimal heating conditions it's hitting me quite nicely. About 1/2 of the load I'd put in the Solo, but vaporized about 3/4 of the way to my liking if that makes any sense. I'm not sure. I'm going outside.

I would have bought an OmniVap but had some bullshit come up and needed to spend $1400 :l

b0

Cloudy...
I'm missing my Ti Glassy so much!

I have more portables but this one's is just perfect. It remembers me when I used to smoke and only needed paper and a lighter in my pocket.

Can't wait to have my Omnivap and a new Glassy sleeve for my old one. I'm gonna be amazed if the Omnivap is really better than the Glassy!

Hyphy

So my question to you guys is, when you cover your carb hole 100%. Can you pull ANY air or vapor through the device? I cannot. So how to I make this particular device work? I was told that I may have to do some grinding or sanding to get it to work at all but no one seems to be able to offer any specifics on the necessary "Sanding" that needs to be done.
I understand defective products make it out into the wild, I'm just trying to figure out if mine can be fixed or if it needs to be retired to the junk drawer?
Slow down brother. I wouldn't recommend sanding or modifying. It took me a lot longer than I expected to get good results from the VC.

Two things that really helped me get great results were (1) using a double torch lighter and (2) closing the airflow when inhaling. A couple weeks back I posted the double lighter I use and recommend. This particular model speads the flame really evenly over the cap when heating. For airflow, make it restrictive like sucking a milkshake through a straw. Air dosn't need to move through the cap, because the vapor gets sucked into the air turbulence that goes into your mouth. That means no sanding required.

The Stranger

Account Closed
Finally got a wee VapCap of my own. Apparently I hadn't actually talked about my friend getting one and me trying it out a few times... Yeah I saved my first bit of the day for the VapCap and even under sub-optimal heating conditions it's hitting me quite nicely. About 1/2 of the load I'd put in the Solo, but vaporized about 3/4 of the way to my liking if that makes any sense. I'm not sure. I'm going outside.

I would have bought an OmniVap but had some bullshit come up and needed to spend $1400 :l
How much would you say fits in the VapCap, roughly .05 or about the amount a nano holds? If you've ever weighed.. ha, I like knowing roughly how much each of my vapes hold.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Update, I Actually did sand just the tip slightly on Vapcap's recommendation. It's still almost air tight but with a hard mouth pull you can pull a tiny bit of air through now. I also started packing a little more in, I think my bowls were a little small. It works much better! I don't know if it was that or just fine tuning my technique but I am getting great hits now. Even heating is pretty important. In fact I dropped it in the Evo until it popped and WOW, it hit so hard I choked! I don't think I will even use the torch at home, The Evo is like a Vapcap station!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have tried every degree of covering the hole, but I think the real problem is the fact that it is 100% air tight when you cover the hit hole. As in you can not pull any air whatsoever through the vapcap with the carb covered, are they all like that? It seems like the only way it would produce good vapor would be for a small amount of air to travel around the metal cap, through the weed, and into your lungs. With an airtight cap it just seems like it would barely produce any vapor at all. Which is exactly what is occurring.

So my question to you guys is, when you cover your carb hole 100%. Can you pull ANY air or vapor through the device? I cannot. So how to I make this particular device work? I was told that I may have to do some grinding or sanding to get it to work at all but no one seems to be able to offer any specifics on the necessary "Sanding" that needs to be done.
I understand defective products make it out into the wild, I'm just trying to figure out if mine can be fixed or if it needs to be retired to the junk drawer?

If they are all air tight caps on the OG and it only works by the air swirling around the back side of the screen with no actual air flow through the weed, then mine is fine and that just means I don't know how to use it I guess? :hmm:

With my OG if I have 100% restriction it feels like you cannot pull air or vapour through the unit. That is not the case for me but I did have a bit of struggle getting it to work originally where I was not getting vapour.

I would suggest trying the following

Ensure the carb is completely closed & the bowl is full of tamped material. Heat it for a cycle until the click & then blow on the cap to cool it quickly without taking a draw. As soon as it clicks heat for another cycle & then take a long draw like you would a spliff or joint even if it feels like you are getting nothing. A solid 5-10 second draw should produce a huge plume of vapour & provide a cough or two even.

If that fails get some wet/dry sandpaper & sand the ground portion of glass down where the cap slips over. It should not take long as it would be very minimal glass to remove if you can slide the cap over the end. Better yet contact George & let him know as he is receptive to product feedback or user issues. This is a company that wants happy campers.

Update, I Actually did sand just the tip slightly on Vapcap's recommendation. It's still almost air tight but with a hard mouth pull you can pull a tiny bit of air through now. It works much better! I don't know if it was that or just fine tuning my technique but I am getting great hits now. Even heating is pretty important. In fact I dropped it in the Evo until it popped and WOW, it hit so hard I choked! I don't think I will even use the torch at home, The Evo is like a Vapcap station!

Good to see my post is redundant ;). I have decided to crank up the OG this afternoon & watch the football :rockon:.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Better yet contact George & let him know as he is receptive to product feedback or user issues. This is a company that wants happy campers.

Absolutely agreed! George is a very responsive guy,always carefull, rarely he/Matt didn't answer in max few hours from request (generic questions not even warranty issues).

Such a commitment seems obvious since VC is his own changing life invention but not so obvious since I just learned that some other new vape inventor asks you (on website form) to wait a week for a warranty response (peaple/early adopter with dead unit and multiples requests waiting for 3 weeks without response is not unreal though) and also wait for 1 more week to leave him the time to ship you back comfortably after reparation.. :wave:

Sorry for the OT what I want to say is that one of the pain relief features of this wonderful device is George himself :clap: and his stellar CS

lemmeadem

Haven't been on the forum a while because my VAS has cleared up like a motherfucker since getting an Omni but am checking in for the lurkers - folks, my Omni is still going harder than ever and still a delight to use. My daily driver, I damn near haven't used anything else since getting this little sucker.

Some updates on my technique for anyone curious: I alternate between a single torch and a four-burner torch depending on the extraction I'm looking to get - the single torch gives me greater temperature control and a denser hit that retains heat longer but takes longer to heat up as well whilst the four-burner seems to be more efficient and although it takes less time to extract, seems to be more full-range due to the greater splay of the flames. That being said, the hit you get is basically constant from the four-burner and generally doesn't change too much because of how engulfed in the flame the 'Cap is whereas with the single torch I can very easily target a spectrum of cannabinoids/temperature range, and it allows for some variability of heating. The bonus is I can stretch a bowl with the single torch much longer than the four-burner and although the extraction is a little less even, dancing around combustion is easier so higher temp cannabinoids get a bit more of a workout.

As far as draw, I've opened the condenser to allow a smidgen of airflow (like, a half-twist of so off fully closed) and simply puff on the 'Cap while it hangs out of my mouth like I used to with my thin hand-rolled-s. Gotta say, when you really get a roll going and the Cap is nice and hot in-between heat cycles but not so hot as to burn your fingers off while you're packing material, you really feel like you're chain-smoking J's. The effect can be light and vapey or you can go for that near-combustion weight and get heavy-lidded.

In short - this thing rocks and if I'd have found it at the start of my vaping career I probably wouldn't have ever wanted to buy a new vape - so clean, so elegant and so quick.

Andreaerdna

0seBzGg.jpg

Did it for you

Right click on web page (not the app) copy and paste on the image window in post options :)

Kalessin

@Kalessin that mouthpiece is fuckin sexy! What kind of wood is that? Loving the black cap too, by the way!
I'm not sure, honestly. I asked for it to match my short stem but didn't specify wood. Could be Blackwood but it feels different to me. Maybe wenghe? That's dark and stripe-y as I recall. @VapCap Maybe George can enlighten us?

Last edited:
I'm sold on the Vapcap as my next vape but I have some questions regarding the functionality of the different models.

Is there any difference in functionality between the vapcap original and the other models (TI Woody, Glassy, Omnivap)? Seems like there are a lot of options and other than cosmetics, I can't seem to tell the functional difference between the available models. Thanks.

Andreaerdna

I'm sold on the Vapcap as my next vape but I have some questions regarding the functionality of the different models.

Is there any difference in functionality between the vapcap original and the other models (TI Woody, Glassy, Omnivap)? Seems like there are a lot of options and other than cosmetics, I can't seem to tell the functional difference between the available models. Thanks.

Good choice!

Yes there is a clear improvement going to the titanium versions in terms of quality of the vapor delivered.
Ti tip has some machined grooves (kind a like solo PVHES but in spiral lines ) those add sensible more convection respect the original VC, this plus higher heat conduction of Ti vs glass, they mainly account for the difference.
The omnivap is made out of titanium for all its parts, and gives the possibility to adjust the draw resistence to your preferred one but has not yet xl extension.
Depending on your hands dimensions an XL condenser (as to have longer vapor path and more ergonomic while spinning/heating) could be a nice option for wood or glass / Ti

Also for first time keep flame far from the cap, IMO you will avoid by this way most of the risk of unwanted charring/combustion

natural farmer

Update, I Actually did sand just the tip slightly on Vapcap's recommendation. It's still almost air tight but with a hard mouth pull you can pull a tiny bit of air through now. I also started packing a little more in, I think my bowls were a little small. It works much better! I don't know if it was that or just fine tuning my technique but I am getting great hits now. Even heating is pretty important. In fact I dropped it in the Evo until it popped and WOW, it hit so hard I choked! I don't think I will even use the torch at home, The Evo is like a Vapcap station!

Hey bro! IMO when little air is passing through it changes the Vapcap completely an can produce much better results.
I would try more sanding with a low grid sandpaper (100-200 or less) to eat some glass easier but don't make it too thin cause then it will break easily. With my OG I also scored the lip of the bowl and with the sandpaper and made some kind of channels like the PV Solo stems... Finally try to bent the sides of the cap a bit by squeezing the sides with your fingers. While you rotate the cap on the tip you will find that more air can pass at certain positions. That's how I customized mine and had the Vapcap producing vapor like no other vape in the past!

Hope it helps! :tup:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
About a year ago, I gave up a twenty year cigarette habit with the help of ecigs. VAS has bitten, and I desperately want to upgrade my og/s setup with titanium. So I have my eye on a ti glassy. 72 bucks, shipped. Wife says we can't afford it. So I am selling my vtc mini, my tank, my batteries, my whole ecig setup, and quiting nicotine all together. Starting today. If I can prove to her I can go three days without it, I can sell it, and buy my ti glassy. Wish me luck!
Keep up the awesome work over there at dynavap!

Made it one day! Had my whole ecig setup bagged up and ready to go, didn't go near it all day. This morning I feel free. Couldn't sleep, so I ended up ordering my ti glassy somewhere around 4 am. I'm gonna be in trouble with the wife because I didn't sell my ecig gear yet, but it will sell right guys? Also..being up before the family is kinda nice. Got some chores done and had some coffee and vap. Life is good.

Top Bottom