irie4i

Anybody have experience using anything other than flower with concentrate? Herb sandwiches seem to work fine but I placed about a half a grain of rice worth of wax and I can still see shine on the filter. I'm using a woody Ti.

Thanks for the recommendations :)

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
I don't go to work anymore, I go to, well I don't know what to call it but it is awesome!
When I worked at Apple 10 years ago, it was like working at Empire Records (the movie - see it if you haven't already!). I would say that I wasn't going to work, I was going to have fun. "Well, gotta head out, I'm off to have some fun today!"

I imagine that's the mindset you have these days and it'll only get better the more you're freed up to create.

Anybody have experience using anything other than flower with concentrate? Herb sandwiches seem to work fine but I placed about a half a grain of rice worth of wax and I can still see shine on the filter. I'm using a woody Ti.

Thanks for the recommendations :)
Hemp fiber is the best I've used, as far as keeping the bowl clean post-use.

ragnorokk,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Gardenerjeff I totally agree.
Everything looks great @VapCap. How ace to be able to tell people your day job is awesome.

I still am getting consistent 20 bowls per gram. Using a triple torch, vac and pack loading.
mnqOzwLm.jpg
ncR86gRm.jpg

I got 18 bowls before the gas ran out. No idea if this is good compared to other butane devices. All I know is I reached for another lighter and if it had of been empty I could have filled it in seconds rather than wait for 6 hours for the batteries to charge.
I can't say the wait for stuff isn't a killer, but I do remind myself that it's a one man show and sales have snowballed for a reason.
I don't think I personally will find another device I enjoy using as much.

Just had a little chuckle to myself after writing that last line. I bet if I do find something else it will go click when it's ready.

Bizkat

Also, my sad little website which has been much over grown, is undergoing a major overhaul. I have to chuckle a bit when I think back to when I was launching it. I had 1 product, the VapCap, one prototype product, the PyroVap, and one accessory, a torch. A lot has changed here in the last five or six months.
So everything will be updated, new pictures, and interface.

George, it would be great if the website store incorporated some type of visual matrix that shows what configurations and add-ons are currently available per base model; an easy way to build a custom VapCap. It's easy to get confused as to what fits with what with everything changing so much...(not that there's anything wrong with change.):)

irie4i

Hemp fiber is the best I've used, as far as keeping the bowl clean post-use.
Can you elaborate a little more? I have some wax dipped hemp wick, can I use that? Do I shred the fibers up into a nest or just tie them into knots? What have you tried?

Thanks for the info :)

irie4i,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is probably obvious, but the Vong is too thick to fit in the DynaStash, right?

George mentioned to me the 14mm VonG can fit in the newer dynastashes, but not the originals (like mine) which can be drilled wider to accommodate. Even so I went 18mm

Maybe these pictures will help?

Ti VonG blackwood preparing for duty.

IMG_20160413_140538723_zpsnb50aogz.jpg

And getting some rest and recuperation.

IMG_20160413_140834286_zpstlernzjs.jpg

And just in case you don't like the larger 14mm end, well the modular XL kit can dress things up a bit. :)

IMG_20160413_160837704_zpshn2jchss.jpg

And just like all of the new mouthpieces, it still spins, and maybe turns heads too.

So on to some other news, as it has been a while. I have been making some good progress with shipments the last few days with a good mailbox or more full of these packages going out. The VapCap is putting on some miles or kilometers depending on your perspective too. I have now had orders from 35 countries and counting! It is kind of stunning for me to think this little idea has spread so far so fast, and since it was essentially released here, I have this community to thank. So Thank you!
Also, my sad little website which has been much over grown, is undergoing a major overhaul. I have to chuckle a bit when I think back to when I was launching it. I had 1 product, the VapCap, one prototype product, the PyroVap, and one accessory, a torch. A lot has changed here in the last five or six months.
So everything will be updated, new pictures, and interface.

Thank you again for your patience with me and my shipment delays. I am confident the wait time will diminish as I continue to scale my operation and improve my production efficiency, but be sure about one thing; being more efficient, means I will be able to do more development and create more fun and interesting things. In fact, I don't think there is anything I would rather be doing. I don't go to work anymore, I go to, well I don't know what to call it but it is awesome!

Cheers,

George

Congratulations George!

Can't wait to see whatever other crazy ideas you have up your sleeve, truly a wonder. Dig that cone tube for the VonG too...

Looking forward to trying out those new products from you again soon!

Milkytime

So many new products, i have my first vapcap order in the mail, but i already feel the urge to get a VonG and maybe the XL condenser mouthpiece. Just keep telling myself to wait to get it before i go too crazy and order more.

Can you elaborate a little more? I have some wax dipped hemp wick, can I use that? Do I shred the fibers up into a nest or just tie them into knots? What have you tried?

Thanks for the info :)
It's not wax covered, it was some bulk hemp fiber that was given to me to try in the place of cotton. It's already fluffed up like one huge cotton ball, but not balled up, so it's a bit more messy to work with.

ragnorokk,

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
So, I've been struggling with my VAS for quite some time now, and today I finally caved and ordered myself a Blackwood Ti Woody! It's my late-birthday/420 present to myself. :D

Now the waiting begins... I'm so excited. It's been 6+ months since the last time I got to use a VapCap, and that was one of the original OGs without the ground glass tip or the updated ceramic screen. It'll be very interesting to see how the new Ti Woody compares to that old OG.

I can't wait!

Thanks for making such an awesome vape, George! You rock! :rockon:

:peace:

sesh732

Imaginable
Anybody have experience using anything other than flower with concentrate?

A drop of BHO in a tiny piece of cotton gives me great clouds through a few heat cycles with my OG, and no residue on the ceramic screen. The vc is also my new favorite way to taste some hard black pressed hash. I crumble it right on the screen or heat the hash slightly Pre pack and make it a pancake. No problems with this method for me. Unfortunately no regular access to wax (unless I start making it) here in the south east USA.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Forgot I took this foto yesterday. It was Amnesia Haze as fine a grind as I could be bothered at the time. 5 fin Ti tip. 4-5 heat cycles.
When viewed with a x20 loupe you can still see trich's but that's no different from my $200 plastic tube with a bit of glass thrown in for good measure device.
wMHjEUim.jpg

bounce5

Question for those with an Omnivap and an OG: Is the vapor hotter in the Omnivap? How does vapor temp differ, if at all, in both units?

bounce5,
Reactions: Bizkat

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
@DorianGray

The condenser is a thin tube which runs almost the whole way from the mouthpiece, forward to the 'tip' or bowl.
I say 'almost' as there is a small gap between the end of the condenser tube, and the tip.
The condenser is a thin tube, and reaches inside the tip (without actually touching it).
Why is there a gap?, you ask.
It's so that instead of drawing vapor directly through the tip, it can be pulled in through the 'carb hole' on the body, forward to the tip, where it passes near the vapor forming from the heated bowl, gathering it up, then gets sucked through the inside of the condenser where it is cooled by the metal tube before you breathe it in.
The condenser tube itself is cooled by air being drawn over it as part of the process.

lemmeadem

After a lengthy stint in USPS hell :p or, in other words, a standard USPS delivery, my Omnivap and 18mm Ed's VonG (complete with glass body as are all Omnivap orders, last I heard) made it to me in the dark of night, checking my post-box on the way home from work. The package - a small, green, bubble-wrap-skinned envelope - was open before I got to the car. I drove home, eager to use and this is where I find myself:

I've been using the Omnivap for all of two hours and all I can say is it's a butane-vape game-changer, for sure, and my new daily driver.

Closed mouthpiece/condenser and closed carbed pulls give clouds that throw speculation on the amount of herb you're using, the bowl tiny but incredibly efficient.

Open mouthpiece/condenser (somewhat) and open carbed pulls medicate you just as much over a slightly longer timeframe, picking notes out of the bud, flecks of nuanced flavors cooled by the titanium before it reaches your tongue.

This thing is incredible! :D Beware - consumption may drop but frequency may rise! I'm certainly planning a weekend off for a little over-indulgence!

The Ed's WonG that I purchased in conjunction with the Omni was quick to make it to use - I've used the titanium stem(?) for an hour and the V/WonG for the same and it's as robust as the body George provides for water-tooling purposes but sits a touch too low in my D020 (China-made, I've had troubles with the 18mm joint before, with the ridge sitting too high and the joint too deep to reach the provided carb). To rectify that situation, I put an o-ring around the WonG to cover the carb when I wanted to close the carb and just lifted the joint to clear or for extra airflow.

I can undoubtedly say that this is easily worth its tag if you're a fan of butane vapes, and even if you're not, if you're dexterous enough to wield a lighter with some proficiency you should be interested in this vape. I think my VAS is kinda cured. :S

Edmond Dantes

420 Bern it
What is the temperature of the cap when it clicks?

did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to design an induction heating unit with an 18650 and without a vapcap to work with (yet, too broke to shell out for a glassy) I'm hitting some design requirement issues.

Edmond Dantes,
Reactions: antispleen

mestizo

After a lengthy stint in USPS hell :p or, in other words, a standard USPS delivery, my Omnivap and 18mm Ed's VonG (complete with glass body as are all Omnivap orders, last I heard) made it to me in the dark of night, checking my post-box on the way home from work. The package - a small, green, bubble-wrap-skinned envelope - was open before I got to the car. I drove home, eager to use and this is where I find myself:

I've been using the Omnivap for all of two hours and all I can say is it's a butane-vape game-changer, for sure, and my new daily driver.

Closed mouthpiece/condenser and closed carbed pulls give clouds that throw speculation on the amount of herb you're using, the bowl tiny but incredibly efficient.

Open mouthpiece/condenser (somewhat) and open carbed pulls medicate you just as much over a slightly longer timeframe, picking notes out of the bud, flecks of nuanced flavors cooled by the titanium before it reaches your tongue.

This thing is incredible! :D Beware - consumption may drop but frequency may rise! I'm certainly planning a weekend off for a little over-indulgence!

The Ed's WonG that I purchased in conjunction with the Omni was quick to make it to use - I've used the titanium stem(?) for an hour and the V/WonG for the same and it's as robust as the body George provides for water-tooling purposes but sits a touch too low in my D020 (China-made, I've had troubles with the 18mm joint before, with the ridge sitting too high and the joint too deep to reach the provided carb). To rectify that situation, I put an o-ring around the WonG to cover the carb when I wanted to close the carb and just lifted the joint to clear or for extra airflow.

I can undoubtedly say that this is easily worth its tag if you're a fan of butane vapes, and even if you're not, if you're dexterous enough to wield a lighter with some proficiency you should be interested in this vape. I think my VAS is kinda cured. :S
Was your OmiVap one of the preorders, or is George still shipping Beta units?
When you said all OmniVaps are glass bodies made me think he started shipping the preorder units.

Last edited:
mestizo,

Sasquatch_Jr

After a couple "combustion events" my OG has that nasty pipe smell and a black tint to the bowl. ISO soaking/ISO dipped q tip scrubbing doesn't seem to do much. Is there a better way to clean it? I was thinking PBW might do the trick but I would need to remove the ceramic screen. Is there a trick to getting it out and back in without breaking anything?

Also I should note that in every case these "combustion events" were my 3rd or 4th bowl (this thing is just too damn fun to stop at one!) which probably had something to do with me both not hearing the click and failing to realize that I've been torching for 10+ seconds.

Sasquatch_Jr,

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
After a couple "combustion events" my OG has that nasty pipe smell and a black tint to the bowl. ISO soaking/ISO dipped q tip scrubbing doesn't seem to do much. Is there a better way to clean it? I was thinking PBW might do the trick but I would need to remove the ceramic screen. Is there a trick to getting it out and back in without breaking anything?

Also I should note that in every case these "combustion events" were my 3rd or 4th bowl (this thing is just too damn fun to stop at one!) which probably had something to do with me both not hearing the click and failing to realize that I've been torching for 10+ seconds.

All you need to do after a combustion event is to burn off the bad stuff...just point the flame up the loader. YOu will see lots of smoke from the tip. Blow it out. Careful! No need for iso or other stuff!

Heat up at the top by the D after the intial heat. The first one should be at the N in the printed DYNAVAP on the cap for clouds on the frirst hit...IMHO

TEAMING,

GARDENERJEFF

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasquatch_Jr

All you need to do after a combustion event is to burn off the bad stuff...just point the flame up the loader. YOu will see lots of smoke from the tip. Blow it out. Careful! No need for iso or other stuff!

Heat up at the top by the D after the intial heat. The first one should be at the N in the printed DYNAVAP on the cap for clouds on the frirst hit...IMHO

Thanks. Torched the bowl and it looks brand new. I've been holding the torch an inch or so above the cap but closer to the AV in the logo. I'll try to torch closer to the tip and see if that helps prevent combustion on subsequent loads.

Sasquatch_Jr,

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Yeah hemp fiber is a lot better than SS mesh IME. I like making a little pad inside of it and just melt dabs off into it.

Also I find that with my new tip it just goes through busted nugs like no problem. Not that it didnt with the other one. I honestly feel like I get more consistent hits this way as well than with fine grinds. The coarser the better it seems. Hard to tell if it's more efficient too.

I also love being able to bust out the ol' pair of scissors and trusty shot glass for some popcorn nugs.

HikaruEyre

On the OG I will sometimes roll it in my hand after the second cool down click to help bring the temp down more. I think the glass of the OG hold the heat more than the Ti and so even though you get a cool down click it is still pretty hot and easier to over cook when reheating so maybe wait a little longer before reheating.

HikaruEyre,
Top Bottom