4-Aces King-High

Thanks for Reminding me to make Adjustments with the DYNAVAPS.
In my Experience Low,Regular,FMJ and Thermal Cap in order of thermal mass . I have combusted several Times with the Thermal Cap going 2-clicks,will start inhale at first click from Now On With It,same with FMJ -putting more flame to second-click- Respect The Click. I am Enjoying My NEW PHANTOM M+ DYNAVAP Is Superb with the Regular cap and 2-clicks. Thanks for the Stickers Loi at ‘The Shop’@ DYNAVAP. Cheers

coolbreeze

BOO! Got my pumpkin spice lineup ready to go:
IMG-5646.jpg

RitualBasedExtraction

Happiness is of mind, not circumstance.
i think you forgot to add:
'But ymmv'?

Still, kinda feel your comment was uncalled for, no? Puzzled why you think this would add anything usefull to the thread?
Read your contribution and "WTFF?" (yesyes, double F) was all that crossed my mind...

Since you seem to prefer direct communication here i go:
He might be an asshole (or not, idk... idc...) but you surely are a cheeky mtfr...
And not a very brave one either unfortunately since you just post that comment without tagging the offended...
:chill::chill:

At least give a man a heads up instead of this stealthy bashing, dude!
You know what, i had a very bad day and shit like this pisses me off so I'll do it for you...
Yoow, @phattpiggie
gonna hit up @phattpiggie to clear this up

RitualBasedExtraction,

Kebo1923

That was one of mine :) Nice to see it looking sweet in that setup!
Glad to find you mrb! That body/setup is in my hand/pocket more than anything else. Just took it to the coast this past weekend for my wedding.

Kebo1923,
Reactions: mrb
General question. What grind is preferred? I usually have a coarse grind for my dynavap. Recently I’ve had to use an electric grinder and by mistake ground it real fine, not powder just large enough where I don’t get salad. I vaped it in my ti tip with fmj, and got massive clouds. The roast was very even all the way through. It might be my new grind for a while!

coolbreeze

General question. What grind is preferred? I usually have a coarse grind for my dynavap. Recently I’ve had to use an electric grinder and by mistake ground it real fine, not powder just large enough where I don’t get salad. I vaped it in my ti tip with fmj, and got massive clouds. The roast was very even all the way through. It might be my new grind for a while!
Usually medium but I've seen this suggested for flavor and you've inspired me to give it a try!

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@garrow12225

Grind preference can depend on what type of sesh is desired.

To illustrate two extreme differences in grind consistency.........

Whole nugs = slow/longer sesh, gentle heating technique, more drawn out vapor release and with less debris come cleaning day.

Fine grind = faster sesh, more aggressive heating(if desired), thicker vapor in a shorter time frame, more scooby snacks and quicker build up of particulates.

How tight or loose one packs the bowl also has an influence and as coolbreeze mentioned, the grind also affects how the flavor is released, tasted and/or perceived. :spliff:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Just wanted to throw in my thoughts on the Armoured Cap, as it seems like it came and went without really getting the hype it deserves.

Like most DV stuff, there’s a learning curve and fitment that needs tweaking. I feel a lot of people that binned off the armoured cap never really got past this stage to truly appreciate it.

So I run it on a revolve g2, with 21m tip. I’ll use a blazer PT-4000, and aim directly at the first cooling fin beneath the cap. I’ll slowly spin, but as said in George’s protective marketing speak, it’s “less necessary” than before.

Stop at the first click, occasionally give it a second or so extra. Never to the second click. Man, the results are insane! Proper heavy extraction like my anvil.

Unlike the fmj, the more spread out mass seems to really even the bake out. Every time, the AC wins the even heating test. It also cools off a LOT quicker, I barely use the leather loop with the AC but I always did with FMJ.

Anyway, if you haven’t given it a try yet. Please do. Give it a good honest try and be patient, understand that extra mass changes things, and you must change with it.

Having a regular cap and this, it’s like having two vapes in one. Love it.

Fangirling over :D
I was lucky enough to see this post the day after my AC arrived with a new Helix tip. That is not a good pairing at all. The Helix cools too quickly and the AC wasn’t at all a tight enough figment.

After reading your post I moved it over to my Simrell with a ‘17 or ‘18 Ti tip. Ahhh. Very good.

But I think it will do even better with a SS tip so I’ve ordered the M+ SS tip and Vong stem with a condenser. It arrives today. I will report back.

mixchu69

I sold my dynavaps a long time ago because I didn’t feel it gave enough power. This was before the FMJ and Armored cap.

Are there any budget combos for a dynavap with armored cap?

mixchu69,

Jimiblues

I sold my dynavaps a long time ago because I didn’t feel it gave enough power. This was before the FMJ and Armored cap.

For about $90 the b with an armored cap is the ultimate budget vaporizer. The stem never gets hot. You can get full extraction from two heating cycles. The armored cap works really well with torches. I'm new to the dynaverse and I use one of those propane torches from home deppt. After one month the original cap is almost dust lol. The armored cap is alot more durable and shows no signs of wear after 2 months of heavy use. I should also mention that the combo works especially well for twaxxng

DonMarteng

Just get an Anvil if your into that type of experience in my opinion.
If you didnt like DV in the first place I dont think the FMJ or Armored Cap will change your experience too much.
I can get similar results from a normal cap and I much rather prefer my Anvil for 1 hit extraction.
However if you want one grab a B + FMJ if you dont want to spend a lot and see what its all about.

coolbreeze

Just get an Anvil if your into that type of experience in my opinion.
If you didnt like DV in the first place I dont think the FMJ or Armored Cap will change your experience too much.
I can get similar results from a normal cap and I much rather prefer my Anvil for 1 hit extraction.
However if you want one grab a B + FMJ if you dont want to spend a lot and see what its all about.
He's not wrong, there's a bunch of heavier manual pens designed to do this while the DV is really not. But the B and AC are a lot cheaper, and pretty effective.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Tweakz

Jimiblues

You also need to consider the tip too. When I purchased the armored cap I also picked up a titanium tip. It works completely different from b tip. Since the titanium is a full bowl and cools off much quicker, I consider it more of a session vape. The b tip is more of a 2 cycle extraction because of the half bowl. It also has more mass and the stainless steel stays hotter a lot longer.

Finessseee

Is the AC really necessary for one hit cycles with the B tip? Seems like you can accomplish one hit cycles with the B and captive cap while also not needing to spin during heating. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to just buy the stock B with a glass wpa or individually buy the AC and B tip with a glass wpa? I’d strictly use it through a small bubbler and looking for a quick big hit in one cycle. Prob will start with a torch and if I like it enough I’ll upgrade to a wand + tempest down the line. I don’t want to deal with condensers as that was what I disliked the most about Dynavaps in the past. Seems like the AC isn’t necessary for the B to achieve 1 heat / hit cycle?

Jojofernz

Chiming in here to say I use two ACs a lot, mainly at home, one on a VonG, one on a standard titanium tip and WPA, those are my preferred ways to run through a piece.

On the go, if I take the AC I put it on a SS M+ tip on a wooden shortex and that thing slaps.

Love the AC! Use it in the wand. I get two cloudy cycles by pulling on the second click

coolbreeze

Is the AC really necessary for one hit cycles with the B tip? Seems like you can accomplish one hit cycles with the B and captive cap while also not needing to spin during heating.
AC is probably not necessary for a one-hit roast with a B but it may help. I have had better luck not-spinning an FMJ than an AC, ymmv. The AC is brilliant but I spin it.
I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to just buy the stock B with a glass wpa or individually buy the AC and B tip with a glass wpa?
The latter might be better as the lack of condenser will keep the hit a bit more open and direct. (Just saying, the Helix is the perfect tip for WPA use because of the increased airflow.) In any case let me recommend getting one of the little glass DV caps RWW makes: those turn your DV-on-glass into a convection machine, just another fantastic option.
I’d strictly use it through a small bubbler and looking for a quick big hit in one cycle. Prob will start with a torch and if I like it enough I’ll upgrade to a wand + tempest down the line. I don’t want to deal with condensers as that was what I disliked the most about Dynavaps in the past. Seems like the AC isn’t necessary for the B to achieve 1 heat / hit cycle?
It should work great for this, there are better tips and bodies for going through water than the B but I think you've identified a great usage for it, and you seem aware of the potential shortfalls and improvements. B tip on WPA with the AC/FMJ or without should give you about what you are after.

condition

I’d strictly use it through a small bubbler and looking for a quick big hit in one cycle. Prob will start with a torch and if I like it enough I’ll upgrade to a wand + tempest down the line
Have you thought Vestratto Anvil? It looks perfect for your intended usage, just the WPA kit. Guarantee one big hit without the need to reheat.

Finessseee

Have you thought Vestratto Anvil? It looks perfect for your intended usage, just the WPA kit. Guarantee one big hit without the need to reheat.
Isn’t the anvil copper and people don’t like it because of that? I’d prefer SS or Titanium personally

Finessseee,
Reactions: Jojofernz

Jimiblues

Is the AC really necessary for one hit cycles with the B tip?

I don't think its necessary but it was why they made the ac...for one cycle extraction.
The reason I got the armored cap was strictly for.durability. when I first got the dynavap I was clueless and would torch the dynavap the same way I torch my dabs. After one month the normal cap is almost dust. Now that I know better I hit the cap with a low to medium flame. But even if you torch the armored cap the same as a banger it would still hold up with no wear.

Finessseee

I don't think its necessary but it was why they made the ac...for one cycle extraction.
The reason I got the armored cap was strictly for.durability. when I first got the dynavap I was clueless and would torch the dynavap the same way I torch my dabs. After one month the normal cap is almost dust. Now that I know better I hit the cap with a low to medium flame. But even if you torch the armored cap the same as a banger it would still hold up with no wear.
I do like that! So maybe I’ll go the Dynavap B route with the armored cap and glass wpa?

Think this would be better than the BB6?

Finessseee,

Jimiblues

I do like that! So maybe I’ll go the Dynavap B route with the armored cap and glass wpa?
Decisions decisions lol ...I think this video will give you an idea of how it does through water.

I get the allure of getting one big hit. I hear people talk about after the click. I think the real beauty of the dynavap is right before the click. Once you get the timing down and go 2-3 seconds before the click you get straight terpenes. I'm sure with an armored cap and b tip I could get a one cycle extraction.... But it won't be the most flavorful.

Top Bottom