VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
It's not induction. Induction uses electromagnetic waves. The solo uses a plain ol' ceramic heater. And no, you'll not be able to use it as a vapcap heater. I hope I haven't ruined your day.

:peace:
I see. I remember reading it worked on 2 combined principles of vaping somewhere and induction is apparently not the right term I was going for there. o7

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
You’re probably thinking of infrared radiation.

Technically there is always infrared radiation involved but realistically it takes considerably higher temperatures to produce significant amounts of radiant heat - often with a glowing hot element. Like a toaster.

That directly relates to and explains the experience I had when I tried :tup:
:tup:
:tup: :tup: :tup:

edit: I mean to say it got warm but no where near hot.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
What is….
induction and convection

Oh, sorry, Conduction and convection is the answer we were looking for.

Don’t worry bout it. I’ve been pretty high trying to vape in unorthodox ways for some time. If you need cool cutting edge ways to get high, you are in the right place. Keep experimenting my friend.

David Root

The instructions said for a better first hit, heat to click, wait for cool down click, then heat to click again.

I did this a few times, but I like the first hit at low temp even though its not much.
Taste is incredible on the first hit, so I just heat to click and draw. Second hit is much bigger and probably the best one.

David

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Who has both the ‘21 omni and vong tips?

what’s the difference and what do you prefer? Aren’t they both made of Ti?

I have been loving the new omni tip but haven’t gotten to try the vong one yet.

whatitdew,
Reactions: kel

Steamer

How are you using the MVS? I've been a huge fan of the 'look mom no hands!' setting on the Omni but it looks like it's a bit harder to accomplish the same results with the MVS. And with the tip touching the stem, how the heat transfer?
Please tell me it's crap so I refrain from any vape related purchases like I've been telling myself for the past couple of... hours

Steamer,
  • Haha
Reactions: bask

Cannabiker

Who has both the ‘21 omni and vong tips?

what’s the difference and what do you prefer? Aren’t they both made of Ti?

I have been loving the new omni tip but haven’t gotten to try the vong one yet.
I find them functionally similar. They are both ti, with a slightly different fin pattern. I use an Omni tip on a Strong Arm glass stem for water, which has pretty much replaced my Vong (I see no need for a condenser in a water piece--it just requires more frequent and fussy cleaning). Both tips heat well with standard caps in my IHs, while I use low-temp caps with my regular ti tips to achieve about the same result, so I'd say their heating profile is less aggressive than the classics. Both also transmit more heat to stems than standard tips, enough so that my Vortex was unpleasant to use with the Omni tip, and the Vong crown gets really hot--it would be unusable without the wood. I haven't tested them in the same piece to know for sure, but I'd say the Vong tip is less effective at heat dissipation. You're not supposed to use either tip with a wood Simrell stem because of potential damage from excess heat transfer.

Prophecy

Can anybody Help me, I'm on the search for a Low Temp Cap from a EU-Retailer but where I have looked they are Out of Stock, any recommend Shops with the possibility to pay with PayPal?

Thanks

Prophecy,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Can anybody Help me, I'm on the search for a Low Temp Cap from a EU-Retailer but where I have looked they are Out of Stock, any recommend Shops with the possibility to pay with PayPal?

Thanks

Vapefiend have them:

Please check their shipping page re. shipment to EU.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused

Thanks
EU based, unsure about PayPal. You will have to check that our yourself....

Or
Or

I think there are a few more if you do a search....

Last edited:

Prophecy

Vapefiend have them:

Please check their shipping page re. shipment to EU.

EU based, unsure about PayPal. You will have to check that our yourself....

Or
Or

I think there are a few more if you do a search....

Thanks a Lot, I have ordered from vapefiend.

CatchDoubleDuece

Curious, I couldn't find anyone had asked this anywhere but do any of you use your induction heaters to clean your parts? Pros/cons?

CatchDoubleDuece,

Cannabiker

Curious, I couldn't find anyone had asked this anywhere but do any of you use your induction heaters to clean your parts? Pros/cons?
I have not tried it, but I know that my Fluxers would shut down before they reached the temps required to burn parts clean. They have breakers to keep you from melting all the solder out of the circuits. I overheated one once just trying to milk a little more out of a dab hit with a Dynacoil, and It was well below part cleaning temps.

On the other hand, if you're using an Ispire Wand, those are designed to hit really high temps, with a open design that allows the device to stay cooler. I use that with the Dynacoil now, and I'll bet it could heat things to red hot if you set it to manual.

CatchDoubleDuece

Ah ok, so maybe it's possible but depends on the IH model/type and what it is designed for, for example the dental tool IH sold on Amazon is sold specifically for sterilization and I was wondering if this would be a good method for deep cleaning residue off tips and caps such as from hash and other oils or if it would damage them.

CatchDoubleDuece,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ah ok, so maybe it's possible but depends on the IH model/type and what it is designed for, for example the dental tool IH sold on Amazon is sold specifically for sterilization and I was wondering if this would be a good method for deep cleaning residue off tips and caps such as from hash and other oils or if it would damage them.

Heating will most likely BAKE the “residue” more then clean it. Not sure if heating beyond the click in an IH, could cause any damage to the inner clicker. I own the Chinese Dental IH (designed for heating dental wax tools, NOT really to sterilize) as well as a Fluxer, I use them just for heating a load. For cleaning, warmed up Dark Crystal Clear works great on caps and tips and is reusable. Good luck!

CatchDoubleDuece

Thanks for the cleaning tips and offering reasons why cleaning SS+Ti items via an induction oven might have undesirable results.

I'm pretty amazed, when using glass stems that I can also easily clean in hot liquid, how minimal these tips need cleaning and the very little bit of resin build up there is even though I've passed all sorts of cocktails of concentrates and flower mixtures through these things.

Cannabiker

Sterilization occurs at much lower temps. An autoclave, for example, heats things to about 120 C (with steam--it probably requires a higher dry temp). The temps required to turn baked on resin into carbon dust are much higher. I'm not sure how hot it needs to be before, as @RustyOldNail points out, it goes beyond baking it on and starts taking it off--but it's very hot. A kitchen oven on auto-clean, for instance, gets up to 450-500 C to clean off the baked-on gunk. A butane torch, which I'll sometimes use to clean a screen or a Dynacoil, is around 1,400 C.

You should definitely never get a cap that hot, as Rusty notes. I'd also avoid subjecting my tips to that much heat, or at least I'd pull off the O-rings first.

So, now that I've thought it through a little further, I'd say don't do it, unless the curiosity is just too much to bear. In that case, be ready to potentially ruin some parts, and maybe keep a fire extinguisher and a bucket of cold water handy.

Archaicrevival

Hi,I'd like to briefly share my story with the Vapcap. It profoundly changed my life...Recently I was put into a state psychiatric center for Suicidal Ideation (I had been struggling with depression and panic attacks for years along with the demon spirits, alcohol.) So I did what any drunk suicidal person that wanted some hope would do, and went to my local outreach center. Well that has turned out to be a HUGE changing point in my life, long story somewhat short, they court ordered me to a state psychiatric center, inside they had me take powerful medication; Haldol, Phenobarbitol, and Modifinil For 7 days. (They have me wrongly diagnosed as Schizophrenic and Psychotic at the Local outreach center)...Anyways, Despite me saying "I think the patients are staff members." During my final interview with the Doctor (Which I now recognize and distinguish as a subthreshold delusion caused by Haldol and perhaps Modifinil, I was discharged at 11:00 P.M. Where I was taxied to a one room bus station, Alone I waited for 2 1/2 hours with nothing but a camera watching me, I began to have paranoid dellusional thoughts that I tried to ignore. As I got on the bus I began to think the Bus station drivers worked for the Hospital, I got home around 4:30 AM. Later that day I went and got my prescriptions filled, All except for Modifinil (which wasn't covered by my insurnece) And I had filled a bottle of Cybalta and took that along with Haldol.

I walked home from the pharmacy that afternoon and decided to go out back to use the Vapcap, I had many interviews with the "Doctor" I stated "I am an inveterate cannabis use, are you sure it's safe to mix with these medications?" He replied many times, "Should be no problem." ....well after 2-3 hits off the vapcap, I had a full blown 3 1/2 day psychosis, the peak of which lasted for about 1 1/2 hours, I had full hallucinations and dellusions consisting of thinking people could read my mind, rays of light coming out of two social workers heads.

I changed in 10 minutes from being an adult to being a little child playing with a bug on a piece of paper, then to histracilly laughing...then for the remainder of the 3 days I was convinced that 3 seperate hospitals I had been in were all a Government mind control research program, keeping track of me with security cameras, about day 3-4 I began to return to reality. Now that I am back to normal, since I broke the court order refusing to take medication, the outreach center is taking me to court on Tuesday at 9AM (wish me luck), However a few strange things have happened one was during the middle of the psychotic break (the out reach center is right beside my house so i went back there as soon as i began to lose my mind thinking they would help me. They witnessed the entire episode.) During it I pulled out my phone and used a digital version of the IChing, I got hexagram 43 "Break-Through" I flipped coins digitally in unision to the ticking of the clock and the energy coming out of the social workers heads....That helped me actually to have read the Judgment the Iching gave me (I'll post it below.)

The other strange thing is now that I am off all substance and medication, My memory is improved 110%, I can remember things I've never been able to remember in my life. Names, Phone numbers, places, details...I feel clear and focused, no panic attacks, no depression... Whatever happened has changed me for life, Now I fear they will try to put me in a Chemically induced prison...I hope this isn't the case. Thank you for reading this, Please wish me goodluck on Tuesday. Unfortunately, Now I can't use cannabis for at least 8 months- 1 year.

-Jordan
A.K.A
-"R.P. McMurphy"

The Value Of A Psychotic Experience

"Listen, wait, and be patient. Every shaman knows you have to deal with the fire that's in your audience's eye. " -Ken Kesey

P.S. (notes)

HEXAGRAM NUMBER FORTY-THREE –

RESOLUTENESS, BREAK-THROUGH

Other titles: Break-through, The Symbol of Decision, Resolution, Determination, Parting, Removing Corruption, Eradication

Judgment

Legge:
Recognizing the risks involved in criminal prosecution, justice demands a resolute proof of the culprit's guilt in the royal court. One informs one's own city that armed force is not necessary. In this way progress is assured.

Wilhelm/Baynes:Break-through. One must resolutely make the matter known at the court of the king. It must be announced truthfully. Danger. It is necessary to notify one's own city. It does not further to resort to arms. It furthers one to undertake something.

Blofeld: Resolution. When a proclamation is made at the court of the King, frankness in revealing the true state of affairs is dangerous. [In vital matters, frankness may prove dangerous.] In making announcements to the people of his own city, it is not fitting for the ruler to carry arms. [It is better to repose trust in our own people.] It is favorable to have some goal (or destination).

The hexagram is linked with the third month of the Chinese Zodiac [April-May]."
iching43.gif
This is important, I posted this sometime ago but they did something to me during this time I can't stop thinking about it. Now cannabis makes me paranoid and I told them they ruined a perfectly good experience. Because they are messing with these 5-ht1a receptors they change everything and nothing.

bask

minimalist vape set
Is that a Phatt Piggie stem? I do want an airportless stem some day and I am interested in Phattpiggie’s creations. Not sure if they have specific model names.

Taste is incredible on the first hit, so I just heat to click and draw.
O yeah, the terpene hit. So damn tasty. It’s my favorite hit.
Vong tip is less effective at heat dissipation
That is logical, because it is made to retain more heat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom