FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
There is an informative post from Squiby on the OG forum that I want to post here in case somebody asks for the herb capacity of each screen position.
+ The bonus image that i found somewhere, so you can understand a little more about how much you put in your vapes.

View attachment 813
Squiby's comments are always sound and informative IMO and a picture is worth you know what... Thank you @b0vver for bringing both back here.

j.giddy

What's the black stuff used.. to connect them?
It was originally a vinyl end cap I had laying around. I chopped off the closed end to create a snug fitting coupler. I got lucky with the diameters. It just happened to fit perfectly inside the bowl-end of the Solo stem. I had also tried this with a DV rubber mouthpiece but this works better for this purpose. Slides on and off easily, but stays put when it's on. @TommyDee thank you!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Is anyone else heating below the cap on the last "A" part for 1 hit extraction hits? Works for me with both grass and traditional
We may do a lot of screwing around here but we do like real vapcap related discussions.
Having said that, no. Then again, I've never used a torch. I am trying to get a half bowl heated well for a single draw extraction from a Ti tip using an IH. I suspect the IH heats up the clicker quiet nicely in the same way you mention.

How much is a one hit for you? I get 2 good draws from a vapcap. One flavor, one for the money. The dregs have some medicinal value. I can't quiet fully extract in the Ti tip half full. It goes dry before it releases all the goodies. Have to wait for some humidity to encroach to blow the structures apart.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It takes a light fluffy flower for one. Heavy resin stuff would choke you and me both. It's one of those things where if you open up the vape gates in the flower and keep the heat on it, it just keeps coming. Before you know it, 'popcorn'. The clouds are not huge. It just comes in and settles. Your cilia will let you know they're still alive, and if you got the lungs, you can avoid the cough but why, it helps clear the mat of honey you just laid down. Very efficient and very effective as medication as far as I can tell. I'm doing a rip so some of the delicates are getting their panties in a bunch but hey, I'm after the heavier molecules for my dose. But don't under-estimate the stepping-effects that drawing-while-heating does when you slow the heat ramp rate with the draw itself. I can modulate the rate to last the full draw. Hence the eye-spinning part of 'vape liquor'.

Oh, that modulation thing; I don't know how you pack you bowls @Planck , but when they are packed as described above, they breath well in the '18 tip w/ reversed CCD... Their good... I can draw through the load, anyway, in that state, when you heat it up, there is an instant when the draw resistance suddenly increases by a lot. This is when the flower swells. That is the moment to extract and exploit the narrow range of vape we want. If you go too slow it just goes dry and shrinks again leaving goodies behind. The term 'vanquish' comes to mind. Scorpion King 'soul extractions' clips that just leave behind the husk of what was there before I put the heater on it. You only get one shot at that. Tuning an IH on the fly is a huge help!

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Oh, that modulation thing; I don't know how you pack you bowls @Planck , but when they are packed as described above, they breath well in the '18 tip w/ reversed CCD... Their good... I can draw through the load, anyway, in that state, when you heat it up, there is an instant when the draw resistance suddenly increases by a lot. This is when the flower swells. That is the moment to extract and exploit the narrow range of vape we want. If you go too slow it just goes dry and shrinks again leaving goodies behind. The term 'vanquish' comes to mind. Scorpion King 'soul extractions' clips that just leave behind the husk of what was there before I put the heater on it. You only get one shot at that. Tuning an IH on the fly is a huge help!

Grinder is an SCS and I grind fairly fine. Load with the push and twist method, the cap is full it will compress somewhat with gentle pressure and rebound. Draw seems easy to me but the cap is full. I draw to the click and sometimes beyond. I have noticed this draw resistance increase you speak of but not always, perhaps it doesn't always happen or perhaps I don't always notice. If you can clear it in four hits I'll call you Sir.

The Vanquish is a nice car.

Soul Shadows...

Ganjora

just sold the Gpen Elite i bought as an introduction to vaping.
yipee.
this means i can get the parts i want to make my titanium omnivap without the omni part and with a titanium spinning mouthpiece instead, without having to spend anything more than can be easily justified.
this also means that i will now have a 100% standard 2019 M as a back up/travelling/visiting guest's device.
1 month ago i did not know what a dynavap was, now i own 2...

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Love all this talk about heating methods.

Is anyone else heating below the cap on the last "A" part for 1 hit extraction hits? Works for me with both grass and traditional

I'm relatively new to the quick heat up, haven't got it down to 1 hit extraction but can cache it in two.
I do a pre heat if the bowl is cold.

Have not heated below the cap yet. :spliff:

@Ganjora it's a slippery slope this vas.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
just sold the Gpen Elite i bought as an introduction to vaping.
yipee.
this means i can get the parts i want to make my titanium omnivap without the omni part and with a titanium spinning mouthpiece instead, without having to spend anything more than can be easily justified.
this also means that i will now have a 100% standard 2019 M as a back up/travelling/visiting guest's device.
1 month ago i did not know what a dynavap was, now i own 2...

May The VAS Be With You! :rockon:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Top Bottom