D4Dank

good ol mesh screens don't look as purdy but they filter small particles way better and are so much easier to maintain/adjust. stocked up on both TI and SS CCD's then discovered the mesh ones and haven't looked back.
you can find them in ddave's mods shop or search amazon for 9.5mm (3/8" (0.375)) mesh screens or get a punch and make your own.
as for material i pick SS over TI in mesh for durability and safety, TI over SS in CCD for looks but they are more fragile/rigid
I’ve been thinking about trying this since I hate the airflow on my glass Charlie with no carb. I have a few screens I got at my local smoke shop, would these be ok?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
in this instance yes because this SS alloy has more elasticity than TI grade2 and tolerates the abuse of bending from adjusting much better. TI will eventually crack from bending.

edit: turns out it's supposed to be the other way around but i got 2 TI CCD's become brittle and crack over time for some reason.
So, just out of curiosity, do you torch your CCDs to clean them? If so may I suggest that this may be what is making them brittle. I clean mine in ISO and am still using many from years ago. I DO avoid removing them very often by soaking them while still in the tip, but when I DO remove them they don't seem that brittle. I am more likely to lose them than break them.

vandalizedbythelotus

I’ve been thinking about trying this since I hate the airflow on my glass Charlie with no carb. I have a few screens I got at my local smoke shop, would these be ok?
depends on diameter i guess, try them out. altho that's probably not where the bottleneck is, there's little difference in airflow from screens IME. which tip are you using?

So, just out of curiosity, do you torch your CCDs to clean them? If so may I suggest that this may be what is making them brittle. I clean mine in ISO and am still using many from years ago. I DO avoid removing them very often by soaking them while still in the tip, but when I DO remove them they don't seem that brittle. I am more likely to lose them than break them.
yes i did. i suspected as much. i like torching because it's fast and convenient. SS mesh screens won by a long shot for my style of usage.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

good ol mesh screens don't look as purdy but they filter small particles way better and are so much easier to maintain/adjust. stocked up on both TI and SS CCD's then discovered the mesh ones and haven't looked back.
you can find them in ddave's mods shop or search amazon for 9.5mm (3/8" (0.375)) mesh screens or get a punch and make your own.
as for material i pick SS over TI in mesh for durability and safety, TI over SS in CCD for looks but they are more fragile/rigid
Some people don't like the SS mesh screens because they claim it gives off a weird metallicky taste. Every time I've mentioned SS mesh on this forum someone always chimes in about this lol

lookhigh

FC member
Soooooo...jealous of y'all in the USA.

To buy a 2020 M from dynavap direct, would cost: $60 for the M + $32 international shipping + $14 tax = $106 usd.

Or

A c-vap $4.19 + $32 International shipping + $5.43 tax = $41.62 usd.

The new postage rates are a direct order killer for me. Will be good for the local NZ retail outlets. Even DV sale prices are more expensive than the regular retail prices over here.

Plus the few retailers we do have, only stock a limited range.

To top it all off, if for some reason I did decide to order direct from DV, there is a chance my order would be confiscated and destroyed by customs.

Soooo.....jealous.

Try puffitup, :nod:

vandalizedbythelotus

Some people don't like the SS mesh screens because they claim it gives off a weird metallicky taste. Every time I've mentioned SS mesh on this forum someone always chimes in about this lol
i can see that in all glass path maybe but for a vapcap? i find stem/condenser and tip material, even cap affect taste morel. honestly can't taste the screen or CCD but i guess it's possible someone else might.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The new postage rates are a direct order killer for me. Will be good for the local NZ retail outlets. Even DV sale prices are more expensive than the regular retail prices over here.

Plus the few retailers we do have, only stock a limited range.

To top it all off, if for some reason I did decide to order direct from DV, there is a chance my order would be confiscated and destroyed by customs.
Tell ya what, I'll make you a deal. Lets trade places. You'll get faster/cheaper shipping from DV and I'll get Milford Sound.
Sound fair? :rofl:
For any of you who may not know to what I refer...

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@TheThriftDrifter - So vaping is illegal in New Zealand or Cannabis is? Can't you vape tobacco or other legal herbs?

I'm happy to use the good 'ol USPS to get you one but I have no control over your border monkeys.

Medical cannabis became more legal here on April 1st. But there is nothing to buy, as there are no official suppliers, let alone outlets yet. We are having a referendum at the end of this year to determine if recreational is a go.

Vaporizers are illegal here, except for medically certified ones, volcano medic etc.... Although there are plenty of expensive "aromatherapy devices" in head shops. ;)

Thanks for the offer TD. I'll ponder it and get back to you. :peace: :spliff:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
So, just out of curiosity, do you torch your CCDs to clean them? If so may I suggest that this may be what is making them brittle. I clean mine in ISO and am still using many from years ago.

I fully agree – I always clean my ccds with iso only and even pop them out each time. I don't think I'll have to replace them anytime soon, although they served me for 1-2 years now. They are sturdy. But I wouldn't torch them.

AcidFlashbang

CCD: SS or Ti?
Pros and cons of both?
For official dynavap CCD's, I use SS; the titanium ones dont seem to be nearly as long-lasting and I can never get them to seat in the smaller bowl cutouts. I prefer DDave screens because theyre cheaper but they dont seat in the grooves very well either. (But way better than dynavap CCD's, I think the adjust-a-bowl geometry isnt always machined to spec and thats why so many people have issues)

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I never remove screens intentionally....I think that I've flown a few during cleaning and such, but I never remove them. The most intensive cleaning I've done on a VC is a tip and condenser soak in ISO. Tips keep the orings on, condenser leaves them on the counter. Going on 3.5 years using these beast every day. Don't adjust the bowl either...if I want less, I pack less. Yes, I'm a fanboy, but this device is genius.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I never remove screens intentionally....I think that I've flown a few during cleaning and such, but I never remove them. The most intensive cleaning I've done on a VC is a tip and condenser soak in ISO. Tips keep the orings on, condenser leaves them on the counter. Going on 3.5 years using these beast every day. Don't adjust the bowl either...if I want less, I pack less. Yes, I'm a fanboy, but this device is genius.
I don't understand why you persist in using ISO when you could use ethyl alcohol ...
in this way you can also make an extraction and it is more healthy ...

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Over two thousand pages. Woohoo @VapCap

Still loving my VCs, still basically all I ever use, the fury comes out like twice a year.

I’m so happy vapcaps exists! Simple, efficient, reliable. Every time I scroll through the portable vape thread, there really is nothing to tempt me at all.

thanks George Breiwa! Xx

Top Bottom