HomerSchwag

Anyone else’s TI tip become oxidized/discolored at the very top of the tip? I know someone here was worried about titanium oxide, just wondering if I should be concerned, thanks.

Planck

believes in Dog
Anyone else’s TI tip become oxidized/discolored at the very top of the tip? I know someone here was worried about titanium oxide, just wondering if I should be concerned, thanks.

No you shouldn't be worried at all.
All titanium forms a thin layer of titanium oxide the second it is exposed to air. This layer protects the pure Ti and itself is inert to most things. Without the oxide layer Ti would be pretty useless. The colors are just different thicknesses of Ti oxide refracting light differently.

Socks And Sandals

Very disgruntled Omivap XL Owner:mad::

I still can't get this fucking thing to work on any constant basis... It's been 2 months using this thing once a night... and I still can't produce a cloud worthy hit.. What's the fucking point in using this thing through water when I can't produce enough "dry vapor" even worthy of it?

Again, thanks to the community for trying to help.. But as of yesterday, I have sold my Omnivap Xl on ebay.. for.... $150... not a bad trade off for the huge $250 disappointment this "Dynavap Disappointment" has been for me..

Just as I was disappointed in the E - Nano... I'll be avoiding "Butane Vapes" in the future just as I avoid "Log Vapes" altogether... from this moment forward.

Either I got a defective cap, Or i'm the biggest dumb ass in the world.. but after two months, it's safe to say.. I give up! :mad::uhoh::mad::bang::bang: I'd go with with the the former rather than the latter on this....

I'd rather have my 2 solar panels and 4 power banks that run off of 18650's and a Solo 2 or Mighty than any BUTANE or LOG VAPE any day of the week and twice on sunday in the instance we were evacuated by another California fire or Edison pulls the power plug on us... That's just the way it is... To each their fucking own.. I'm done with Dynavap!

Sorry but as far as word of mouth goes.. this vape lands in the "over rated" hype train for me.

My next vape will definitely be the New Vape Flower Pot V ROD. followed by the Volcano Hybrid.. I've tried the flowerpot V ROD and Volcano Hybrid already... and am blown away.. This is where my $$$ should have went in the first place... Both of these vapes KNOCK ME ON MY ASS in a way that no other has since my Storz and Bickel Plenty!!!!

Do I get high from my Omni XL? Fuck yes!:)
Can I produce clouds from it? FUCK NO!!!:mad:
Have I tried it through water using the Fat Mouthpiece? Yes and it sucked!:mad:
Does that first hit from a fresh bowl produce some of the best flavor you ever had? FUCK YES!:)

It's not to say it's a bad vape.. it does produce results.. I'll admit that! :rockon: I'm just disappointed with my "visual vapor producing experience" when compared to the likes of this:

My experience hasn't even CAME CLOSE TO THIS if people wonder why I'm so angry:mad::

There are pros and cons to this vape from my experience....

I also want to comment on these "Precious Metals"... but I won't...

I'm just done with this company...

Thanks to those that tried to help.. sincerely... I just don't like this product... I have NEVER gotten it to perform in a consistent fashion since the first day I used it. Maybe I didn't put in the effort? I dunno? Who really gives a shit when I have a perfectly functional plug in vape that works every time CONSISTENTLY unlike my OMNIVAP XL has...

I haven't been this FRUSTRATED with anything before in my life since my first girlfriend... yes really! :rofl:

That is all...

Sorry George! I just "don't get it!":hmm:....

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

:mad:

I know.. Mr. Negativity.. I hate being "that guy" but I had to share my story that doesn't happen to measure up to the "Majority" around here. Last week someone else really expressed their frustration with the M as well. It's very frustrating. Sorry brother.. Not everyone's experience is the same.. I do like the Solo 2 tho! :brow:

Sensory Leaf

I know.. Mr. Negativity.. I hate being "that guy" but I had to share my story that doesn't happen to measure up to the "Majority" around here. Last week someone else really expressed their frustration with the M as well. It's very frustrating. Sorry brother.. Not everyone's experience is the same.. I do like the Solo 2 tho! :brow:

Interesting... I have the solo 2 and get lackluster performance, whereas the dynavap performs flawlessly for me

Socks And Sandals

Interesting... I have the solo 2 and get lackluster performance, whereas the dynavap performs flawlessly for me

I would assume your "lackluster" performance with the Solo 2 must mean "consistent results" for me then? The Dynavap working flawlessly? :hmm:Yes that is very interesting.

Anyhow... I can already see the SHITSTORM I've created here.. I won't be returning to this thread as I can already anticipate the hostility coming.

Didn't think that was a "DISS POST" but the sarcasm is enough for me.

Besides, I'm more excited to be cooking with these 6 Ball Jars of ABV I have piling up! :rockon:

I am actually very glad your experience was different than mine tho..

Last edited:

Sensory Leaf

I would assume your "lackluster" performance with the Solo 2 must mean "consistent results" for me then? The Dynavap working flawlessly? :hmm:Yes that is very interesting.

Anyhow... I can already see the SHITSTORM I've created here.. I won't be returning to this thread as I can already anticipate the hostility coming.

Didn't think that was a "DISS POST" but the sarcasm is enough for me.

Besides, I'm more excited to be cooking with these 6 Ball Jars of ABV I have piling up! :rockon:

I am actually very glad your experience was different than mine tho..

Sorry if my wording sounded negative, it wasn't meant to be so...
Obviously were all different, and dynavap will admit all dynavaps are different, so I'm not surprised by varying levels of satisfaction with them, and my first experience with DV was the faulty airflow issue, so I understand your frustration.
The sentiment to my post was that I consistently get a more impactful/satisfying draw from my dynavap, then my solo 2

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Very disgruntled Omivap XL Owner:mad::

I still can't get this fucking thing to work on any constant basis... It's been 2 months using this thing once a night... and I still can't produce a cloud worthy hit.. What's the fucking point in using this thing through water when I can't produce enough "dry vapor" even worthy of it?

Again, thanks to the community for trying to help.. But as of yesterday, I have sold my Omnivap Xl on ebay.. for.... $150... not a bad trade off for the huge $250 disappointment this "Dynavap Disappointment" has been for me..

Just as I was disappointed in the E - Nano... I'll be avoiding "Butane Vapes" in the future just as I avoid "Log Vapes" altogether... from this moment forward.

Either I got a defective cap, Or i'm the biggest dumb ass in the world.. but after two months, it's safe to say.. I give up! :mad::uhoh::mad::bang::bang: I'd go with with the the former rather than the latter on this....

I'd rather have my 2 solar panels and 4 power banks that run off of 18650's and a Solo 2 or Mighty than any BUTANE or LOG VAPE any day of the week and twice on sunday in the instance we were evacuated by another California fire or Edison pulls the power plug on us... That's just the way it is... To each their fucking own.. I'm done with Dynavap!

Sorry but as far as word of mouth goes.. this vape lands in the "over rated" hype train for me.

My next vape will definitely be the New Vape Flower Pot V ROD. followed by the Volcano Hybrid.. I've tried the flowerpot V ROD and Volcano Hybrid already... and am blown away.. This is where my $$$ should have went in the first place... Both of these vapes KNOCK ME ON MY ASS in a way that no other has since my Storz and Bickel Plenty!!!!

Do I get high from my Omni XL? Fuck yes!:)
Can I produce clouds from it? FUCK NO!!!:mad:
Have I tried it through water using the Fat Mouthpiece? Yes and it sucked!:mad:
Does that first hit from a fresh bowl produce some of the best flavor you ever had? FUCK YES!:)

It's not to say it's a bad vape.. it does produce results.. I'll admit that! :rockon: I'm just disappointed with my "visual vapor producing experience" when compared to the likes of this:

My experience hasn't even CAME CLOSE TO THIS if people wonder why I'm so angry:mad::

There are pros and cons to this vape from my experience....

I also want to comment on these "Precious Metals"... but I won't...

I'm just done with this company...

Thanks to those that tried to help.. sincerely... I just don't like this product... I have NEVER gotten it to perform in a consistent fashion since the first day I used it. Maybe I didn't put in the effort? I dunno? Who really gives a shit when I have a perfectly functional plug in vape that works every time CONSISTENTLY unlike my OMNIVAP XL has...

I haven't been this FRUSTRATED with anything before in my life since my first girlfriend... yes really! :rofl:

That is all...

Sorry George! I just "don't get it!":hmm:....

Sad. It may well be in the technique (that’s what she said);

Different strokes for different folks. Too bad

You missed the induction boat, my fav heater of choice for VapCaps. :cheers::bigleaf:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I don't think it has been as bad for me, but I have been trying for some time to find the experience that many others talk about with the vapcap. I have been working on it off and on for several years, in fact just recently updated with a new SS tip and longer body. My experiences are sometimes good but never what I see in other reviews. I so want it to be like I watch on Modern Cannabists where Troy and Austin are blowing huge tasty clouds over and over. Not for me. The times I've gotten a huge cloud was when I heated too much and wrecked my throat.

At some point I need to find the sweet spot or cut my losses. I believe the vapcap is a quality product, but it just might not work for me.

Sensory Leaf

I don't think it has been as bad for me, but I have been trying for some time to find the experience that many others talk about with the vapcap. I have been working on it off and on for several years, in fact just recently updated with a new SS tip and longer body. My experiences are sometimes good but never what I see in other reviews. I so want it to be like I watch on Modern Cannabists where Troy and Austin are blowing huge tasty clouds over and over. Not for me. The times I've gotten a huge cloud was when I heated too much and wrecked my throat.

At some point I need to find the sweet spot or cut my losses. I believe the vapcap is a quality product, but it just might not work for me.

There are 2 things (I believe) at play here;
1) technique; getting huge clouds is not a given with the dynavap, and took me around a month to learn (as my daily ~10 bowls/day) not to mention, it will be a hot and hurty hit

2) when you watch modern cannabists or these YouTube videos, the background and lighting is setup to accentuate the clouds... Try blowing a cloud against a black background, with light illuminating the vape from behind, you'll see a noticeable improvement in perceived cloud size

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

More accurate to say toasty then tasty. Vapcaps have a lot going for them but flavor isn't their strong suit. I haven't fucked with the low temp cap yet, so that might improve things.

My experience is not typical but two things I do to get big consistent clouds are:
  1. I use induction heaters almost exclusively and I had my Fluxer Deluxe made with a 15mm coil so it heats more aggressively. I think my Pipes Jarhead uses a 16mm coil and doesn't extract as quickly.
  2. I use an exaggerated mouth pull repeatedly for one hit while keeping the carb covered. Imagine someone taking such a long drag from a cigarette that you see their cheeks drawn in: I do that two to four times, inhaling just enough after each big drag and resulting in one big cloud.
My Omnis have better airflow than my Ms but the steel tips hold heat longer so the Ms are still plenty capable of big dense clouds. It looks a bit desperate at first but you can pace your drags to keep it classy.

steppa

Hello people! Long time lurker here:)

I'm gonna buy my 1st dynavap, but don't know which one to get.
Right now I'm deciding between hydravong xls or glass charlie stem with Ti tip.

I like the look of the wood and that it doesn't get hot after long sessions, and glass obviously for taste and cooling. i plan to use it dry.

If anyone has any recommendations, are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

gonna use the Nonavong first time through a bubbler today, i was so satisfied with normal use that i completely forgot to try it through water -.-

Right now I'm deciding between hydravong or glass charlie stem with Ti tip.

I like the look of the wood and that it doesn't get hot after long sessions, and glass obviously for taste and cooling. i plan to use it dry.

Nonavong XLS, it has a TI tip, wood stem and its a fair bit cheaper than a Omnivong, i am super satisfied with the Nona XLS so far, i first bought the M and for me it is a bit too short.

i like the XL size MUCH better, it is also much more convenient to rotate while heating.

Last edited:

No need to be sorry, maybe your cap really is defective, IDK.
The induction heater and bubbler madd all the difference for me. I don’t use it any other way. I can toast a bowl in 1 hit:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsJfLWehk8c/?igshid=1p45vdncvgbct

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience. Yes the Solo2 is consistent and I use it often, much better flavor than the vapcap.

:peace:

Last edited:

someTooL

Right now I'm deciding between hydravong xls or glass charlie stem with Ti tip.

Hello and welcome. Start where you like but you’ll end up here and beyond soon enough. And may I recommend an IH to add.

41-D56-B1-F-D2-B5-4-EF8-A58-F-C029-D4-EB5-C02.jpg

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Dynavap for sure isn't for everybody but I do wonder why 'clouds' are important to people? That's a thing in the e-cig crowd as well. I've never understood it, but different strokes, different folks :)

Mine does produce consistent clouds, though. But it's not why I love it. I love it for the simplicity, the resemblance to smoking, and the effects :tup:

@steppa welcome! Hope you enjoy whatever you choose man :)

basement farmer

My face is melting...

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! I CAN QUIT WHENEVER I WANT!

.....opens up link to e-retailer

Okay, that makes them artisan pieces. In that case I would want every one unique and limited edition for the price of admission. You can certainly get a lot greater detail with casting. I look forward to see what DV will do with this newfound need for over-the-top bling. From an art perspective, this really needs "providence", "an artist", and a "limited edition of nnn pieces each numbered on the rim", and a "certificate". Each piece unique with hand crafted post ops. AND NO LOGO! <= peeve. Sign it as an artist would, inconspicuously. That is what makes for a collectible. But hey, whatever :clap: I'm still up for seeing the zodiac set. That'll be popular even today if it is well done. They'll be sought after for years. Get 1 for your sign or collect all 12... no 13! ah...14 unique silver zodiac stem collection! Silver is easier to cast than our beloved stainless steel after all. An old silver dollar is more silver that a stem would weigh.

We have to get the style down for you @Planck . We'll talk.

Guess I might of been a little tough on DV initially. But then I recall seeing some glass over on 7th Floor and had seen some rather breath taking prices in their artisan glass area. I've been in a few lower end haute art galleries too where I wondered who actually guys these things and do the artists actually sell their works. Somebody just be buying it. It'd be cool to hear from whoever does.

But I digress....and going thru my special drawer it's apparent that also who am I to speak?

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

I already posted it but maybe usefull to repost: while not dangerous, the coloured thin layer of oxyde that grows up with heat cycles can be taken away with an ultrasonic bath in a solution of caustic soda (NaOH). In three minutes or so all the rainbow colors outside and black gunk inside will be lost, you will get back your tip like brand new, and it feels nice (and because of the hard black gunk gone, it tastes even a little better)

Top Bottom