Gigsabits53

I don't think it has been as bad for me, but I have been trying for some time to find the experience that many others talk about with the vapcap. I have been working on it off and on for several years, in fact just recently updated with a new SS tip and longer body. My experiences are sometimes good but never what I see in other reviews. I so want it to be like I watch on Modern Cannabists where Troy and Austin are blowing huge tasty clouds over and over. Not for me. The times I've gotten a huge cloud was when I heated too much and wrecked my throat.

At some point I need to find the sweet spot or cut my losses. I believe the vapcap is a quality product, but it just might not work for me.
The key to big clouds with a VC is to heat it past the click. You have to sort of get in tune with it so you know how far past you can go before combustion. Just my:2c:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
There are 2 things (I believe) at play here;
1) technique; getting huge clouds is not a given with the dynavap, and took me around a month to learn (as my daily ~10 bowls/day) not to mention, it will be a hot and hurty hit

2) when you watch modern cannabists or these YouTube videos, the background and lighting is setup to accentuate the clouds... Try blowing a cloud against a black background, with light illuminating the vape from behind, you'll see a noticeable improvement in perceived cloud size

I was going to mention that as well until you beat me to it. In regards to Big clouds, when you watch those reviewer videos lighting is set up in a special way to accentuate and highlight those clouds so they're easier to see and naturally they look bigger than what they would to your eyes in a room. :tup::nod:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

StringTheorista

@Socks And Sandals you're a great example of how different we all, and our preferences, are. Your 2 disliked vapes, dynavap and e-nano, are my two favorite: e-nano for amazing flavor, and dynavap for microdosing. My Lotus also has amazing flavor, but I have never gotten the hang of it to get consistent results. Glad there was another fan to take the Omni off your hands for a good price.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
There have been a few occasions when someone has to come to me for a stem before they've tried a VC.
My advice is always to buy one and then come back.

It's not the vape for everyone.

As for setting the scene with videos, yep guilty as charged.
As for being able to get the same clouds consistently no matter the lighting, again guilty as charged.

The triple video was the first time I filled a VC with weed in a long time.
Concentrate on rayon, dip and sip.

Prophecy

My only vapes so far that I own are several Dynavaps and my first one was a 2017 M and from the beginning I liked it a lot alone from the efficience wise saved me alot of herbs in comparisson, must say I come from smoking Joints mixed with tobacoo, so the high felt much more cleaner without the tobacco and the heating process with a single flame torch from the beginning was never a problem for me.

For 60€ it was one of my best investments, since the arrival day of my 2017 M I have never burned anything. Next step up after 2 months was a Omnivap XL and this is since them my daily driver or main vapcap. I was sold on the greater airflow in comparisson to the 2017 M and the function with the Omni Condenser.

The best for me on the Dynavap are the durability and that nothing can really break, the really slim form factor and its easy to clean.

After nine months with flame operation I decide to get an Induction Heater from @Pipes, it was a Skeletor that is powered with 3 18650 batteries but is now not more offered, this was also a whole new expirience I loved it so much that I ordered short after that an Portside Mini for on the go vaping. The best on it was the one handed and fast heating so comfortable.

For me the vapcap is the perfect tool to get what I want but not for everyone, I have giftet 3 vapcaps away but they have not get the hang out of it and nevertheless combusting.

I test a flavour cap since 3 weeks and must say its my new standart cap I love it it gives me a longer session from the bowl and the flavour with it is outstanding, good that I have ordered 2 of them.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Very disgruntled Omivap XL Owner:mad::

I still can't get this fucking thing to work on any constant basis... It's been 2 months using this thing once a night... and I still can't produce a cloud worthy hit.. What's the fucking point in using this thing through water when I can't produce enough "dry vapor" even worthy of it?

Again, thanks to the community for trying to help.. But as of yesterday, I have sold my Omnivap Xl on ebay.. for.... $150... not a bad trade off for the huge $250 disappointment this "Dynavap Disappointment" has been for me..

Just as I was disappointed in the E - Nano... I'll be avoiding "Butane Vapes" in the future just as I avoid "Log Vapes" altogether... from this moment forward.

Either I got a defective cap, Or i'm the biggest dumb ass in the world.. but after two months, it's safe to say.. I give up! :mad::uhoh::mad::bang::bang: I'd go with with the the former rather than the latter on this....

I'd rather have my 2 solar panels and 4 power banks that run off of 18650's and a Solo 2 or Mighty than any BUTANE or LOG VAPE any day of the week and twice on sunday in the instance we were evacuated by another California fire or Edison pulls the power plug on us... That's just the way it is... To each their fucking own.. I'm done with Dynavap!

Sorry but as far as word of mouth goes.. this vape lands in the "over rated" hype train for me.

My next vape will definitely be the New Vape Flower Pot V ROD. followed by the Volcano Hybrid.. I've tried the flowerpot V ROD and Volcano Hybrid already... and am blown away.. This is where my $$$ should have went in the first place... Both of these vapes KNOCK ME ON MY ASS in a way that no other has since my Storz and Bickel Plenty!!!!

Do I get high from my Omni XL? Fuck yes!:)
Can I produce clouds from it? FUCK NO!!!:mad:
Have I tried it through water using the Fat Mouthpiece? Yes and it sucked!:mad:
Does that first hit from a fresh bowl produce some of the best flavor you ever had? FUCK YES!:)

It's not to say it's a bad vape.. it does produce results.. I'll admit that! :rockon: I'm just disappointed with my "visual vapor producing experience" when compared to the likes of this:

My experience hasn't even CAME CLOSE TO THIS if people wonder why I'm so angry:mad::

There are pros and cons to this vape from my experience....

I also want to comment on these "Precious Metals"... but I won't...

I'm just done with this company...

Thanks to those that tried to help.. sincerely... I just don't like this product... I have NEVER gotten it to perform in a consistent fashion since the first day I used it. Maybe I didn't put in the effort? I dunno? Who really gives a shit when I have a perfectly functional plug in vape that works every time CONSISTENTLY unlike my OMNIVAP XL has...

I haven't been this FRUSTRATED with anything before in my life since my first girlfriend... yes really! :rofl:

That is all...

Sorry George! I just "don't get it!":hmm:....

I'm glad you shared your dynavap experience. It was thought provoking and I personally didn't feel it was all that negative, just you expressing genuine frustration.

Also thanks to everyone who replied to @Socks And Sandals with maturity and kindness, it's one of the things I like the most about this forum.

I do think the surroundings one vapes in has an influence on how much vapor is visible on exhalation. I don't get consistent vapor but I do get consistent effects.

:spliff::peace:

Planck

believes in Dog
Doesn't caustic soda etch metals?

https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1239 said:
Titanium is very resistant to alkaline media including solutions of sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide and ammonium hydroxide. Regardless of concentration, titanium generally exhibits corrosion rates of less than or equal to 5 milliinches per year - mpy (0.127 mm/yr). Near nil corrosion rates are exhibited in boiling calcium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, and ammonium hydroxide solutions up to saturation. Despite low corrosion rates in alkaline solutions, hydrogen pickup and possible embrittlement of titanium can occur at temperatures above 170°F (77°C) when solution pH is greater than or equal to 12. Successful application can be achieved where this guideline is observed.

https://www.bssa.org.uk/topics.php?article=34 said:
Both 304 and 316 stainless steel types are resistant to a wide range of concentration and temperature.
Below 80 degC they can be considered resistant to any concentration of sodium hydroxide, up to the limit of solubility.

There can be a risk of stress corrosion cracking (SCC) attack at higher temperatures, which is common to both the 304 and 316 types.
This should not be an issue if service temperatures are limited to a 95 degC maximum.

As I recall SS Vapcaps use 304. This doesn't mean that I think it is a good idea to used caustic solutions to clean vapcaps. :brow:

hinglemccringleberry

The key to big clouds with a VC is to heat it past the click. You have to sort of get in tune with it so you know how far past you can go before combustion. Just my:2c:
Winter time here, 4 seconds past the click on my IH to get decent hits. That's indoors. With the more piercing heat of my 3 flame triangle torch it's 4 seconds outside in 35F ambient temps.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I already posted it but maybe usefull to repost: while not dangerous, the coloured thin layer of oxyde that grows up with heat cycles can be taken away with an ultrasonic bath in a solution of caustic soda (NaOH). In three minutes or so all the rainbow colors outside and black gunk inside will be lost, you will get back your tip like brand new, and it feels nice (and because of the hard black gunk gone, it tastes even a little better)

Those who (like myself) do not own an ultrasonic bath may try to clean the tip with the help of an electric toothbrush and some toothpaste (not quite sure if the brand or type matters). 5 minutes of electrobrushing makes it shiny like new. Prepare to be amazed.

@Cloudsizes etc.: It's totally dictated by the strain. Some strains will give off dense vapor even with the 4th heatcycle, some will get whimsy by the 3rd.

thejackalsmark

It isn’t always necessary to be a fog machine. Sometimes you should sip back
And enjoy the experience

Yeah, I personally don't give 2 shits about BIG clouds.

As long as I get the effects I'm supposed to get from my herb/vaporizer, I'm golden!

Imho, clouds are more to impress ppl and look cool. It doesn't necessarily TAKE big clouds to get high. I don't partake, to look cool or impress anyone. I partake to enjoy a nice comfortable buzz.

Merry Christmas and

Planck

believes in Dog
In the beginning I always thought I want fast extraction but now I realize I like slower extraction more hits. When I use some thing that extracts too fast I feel a little cheated, like "that's it?" But when I get a few nice hits I'm more satisfied.

Sometimes I want it fast, sometimes I want it slow, sometimes I want some of both. That is just one of the beauties of the vapcap, I am in complete control. Others are wanting 381.765 deg. +- .050, meh I don't.

When I started with the VC I respected the click, now it's more of a rough benchmark, sometimes heat to the click or beyond, sometimes not even to the click. I know how it works and the differences in my caps. I have a running count that is natural and instinctive now to track where I'm at.

The heat source and how one uses it also makes a big difference that can be exploited to get the desired results. I think this just develops naturally with use.

Vapcap, the F1 class vape. :love:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@lookhigh I totally agree that cloud production isn't the be all and end all.
Personally I like the feel of thicker vapor.

I can see how for someone moving into vaping from smoking they would need to see some visible vapor and the thicker the better. Even if it's just as a placebo.

As for videos if every piece of footage showed light wispy vapor fewer people would be purchasing.

Each to their own at the end of the day. With a bit of research and practice we can all achieve the results we individually desire.

@stark1 was only looking at those pieces of glass the other day, what volume is that one it looks a nice physical size?

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Sometimes I want it fast, sometimes I want it slow, sometimes I want some of both. That is just one of the beauties of the vapcap, I am in complete control. Others are wanting 381.765 deg. +- .050, meh I don't.

When I started with the VC I respected the click, now it's more of a rough benchmark, sometimes heat to the click or beyond, sometimes not even to the click. I know how it works and the differences in my caps. I have a running count that is natural and instinctive now to track where I'm at.

The heat source and how one uses it also makes a big difference that can be exploited to get the desired results. I think this just develops naturally with use.

Vapcap, the F1 class vape. :love:

+1000 to ALL of that comment! :tup::nod:

@david8613 :p:rofl::lol:

flammy

This thread moves a little too fast for me to be active here but I'm a huge fan of the Dynavap as well and recently picked up the Turbo Twist stem. This has been an absolute joy to use. Very cool vapor with the two air intakes. The much larger air path (compared to any condenser I've ever used) makes pulling on this effortless. Produces very flavorful hits. You can also cover the intakes to get large hits as well (intakes placed so that this isn't cumbersome to do). Flavor is compromised somewhat using this method but not to the degree where I can't recommend it. The bell bottom, twist and donut formations are really effective in cooling the vapor. The tip also fits perfectly in the joint and the glass used for the joint is nice and thick. Overall construction seems really solid for the price. The fuming on my piece is really pretty as well. The ergonomics of this stem is really nice too. The twists make for really good natural resting spot for your fingers when holding. When using an IH, you use the extra surface area of the bell bottom to press down. It's not too large but my no means too small and has a nice weight to it. The only cons IMO are that its a little awkward to spin so it really best to be used with an IH and its made of glass (big pros as well) so its obviously more fragile than your average stem.

Using with current generation TI tip (tried others and I settled on this) with low-temp cap with an IH.

IMO, it is the best at home option for a stem. I liked it so much, I grabbed two spares since they are on sale and I am horrible with glass.

hinglemccringleberry

Fog production is overrated. I value my lungs. YMMV
Your lungs get thrashed if youre seeing clouds? That sucks man.
Yeah, I personally don't give 2 shits big clouds.
Imho, clouds are more to impress ppl and look cool. It doesn't necessarily TAKE big clouds to get high. I don't partake, to look cool or impress anyone. I partake to enjoy a nice comfortable buzz.
Talking about how clouds are just to impress and look cool is in itself an attempt to impress and look cool ;)
I've never understood the "it all has to be this way or else you're doing it wrong".
Clouds are a marker of extraction. VC's are one of the best devices in existence for that. It's all about the tool for the job. If I just want to flavor sip the whole time I'll get a Linx Eden. If I need to quickly dust 0.02 in 1 or 2 hits I'll go Dynavap and there will be fog and dark brown AVB as it should be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom