StRaNgEcLoUdS

I’m about to purchase a vong but not sure which one to get. I’m wondering if there is a difference In performance between the Hydravong and Omnivong. I’ve never used my vapcap through water yet. Looking to try but want to make sure I’m not compromising efficiency to save a little money. I use a Omnivap as my daily driver and compared to a standard vapcap the Omni gets way better results for me. Just wondering if this is the same with the vongs

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
So I’ve done soft cleans on my dynavaps but I’m noticing buildup in the screen or possibly under them. Ibe read the clean up manual about using the condenser to pop out the screen but i fear I’ll bend it or worse. How do you guys clean your screens?

The condenser will most likely not bend, but I prefer to use a nail with a head narrow enough to fit in the air path way. If the screen doesn't want to cooperate, try heating the tip for some seconds, it should soften the buildup. Good luck!

StringTheorista

Use the mouth end of the condenser (which is not angle-ground). It definitely will not bend. I put the screen into a small container of ISO and shake, then wipe with a q-tip to remove gunk. Also use a q-tip to swab the are where the screen rested inside the tip. I use a wider tool (chapstick end) to resets the screen so it goes in flat.

@StRaNgEcLoUdS, I haven’t used a hydrovong , but I totally block the air port for use through water, so if you plan on doing that it shouldn’t matter. The hydros air port has some refinements folks like when using dry, but there have also been cracking issues, which were very rare with the Nonavongs (I heard of one recently on reddit).

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hey everyone. I mostly lurk but today I have a question. So I’ve done soft cleans on my dynavaps but I’m noticing buildup in the screen or possibly under them. Ibe read the clean up manual about using the condenser to pop out the screen but i fear I’ll bend it or worse. How do you guys clean your screens?

I pushed mine out with the condenser and went all sideways. Screen was deformed and bent to hell and back. Popped it back in and that is where it will stay! Looks okay but nothing I want to repeat. A flame torch will clean out any remaining organics quickly.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It took a set. The retaining groove squared up the screen when reinstalled. Removing the o-rings for torching is simpler. But that's just me. I now have spare screens if I ever need them. I can't see why I would.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Hey everyone. I mostly lurk but today I have a question. So I’ve done soft cleans on my dynavaps but I’m noticing buildup in the screen or possibly under them. Ibe read the clean up manual about using the condenser to pop out the screen but i fear I’ll bend it or worse. How do you guys clean your screens?
They are pretty easy to clean. Dont be scared to use your condenser to push it out. You can use the condenser like a little rolling pin to flatten it back out if it gets bent. @danielj makes a great little tool for popping them out and seating them correctly. I use it pretty often for all sorts of stuff. Dont get me wrong over time they'll wear out and get bent. Keep spares. Anyway. They disappear forever sometimes. Never to be seen again. So point down when popping them out lol Also @DDave has little screens in stainless and ti that fit the dynavap for super cheap. Like a few bucks. They def help add an extra layer of protection to the ccds. I try to stock up when I order. You can use them standalone but I like them together. Sometimes I still do the sandwich method with a ccd then degummed hempfiber then another especially w concentrates. Makes for a nice little extra to vape when it builds up and gets a little tight to draw.

vandalizedbythelotus

Ti shrinks?
i think it "melts" away when the surface layer turns into oxide from heating with the torch ... over time it adds up i guess

i use DDave's SS screens in all my vapcaps now. much prefer them in all aspects compared to official CCD's ... maybe not as durable but i clean mine with a torch and brush and so far they seem surprisingly durable

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My IST (inside tool) for setting and removing the CCD was fairly well
recieved here a while back. I think I have 1 left. I have the parts to make maybe 8 more. May do that over the holy days

reg shrinking ti ccd----- casting titanium can result in shurnk parts. I am not certain that heating the ccd will cause further shrinkage

IMG-5576.jpg

Planck

believes in Dog
Ti shrinks?

IKR. The CCD is a compliant mechanism. Either through heat or deformation or some combination of both it can lose the ability to comply. In plain english it loses it ability to compress and snap back to original size in the location grooves.

SS is more malleable than Ti so it should last longer in this application.
I rarely remove the CCD either. :cheers:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
IKR. The CCD is a compliant mechanism. Either through heat or deformation or some combination of both it can lose the ability to comply. In plain english it loses it ability to compress and snap back to original size in the location grooves.

Thanks for posting those vids. Really enjoyed them. :tup:

joner

I've never torched them to clean, and I find them very delicate. Misshape and seems like they shrink. I think I'm on my last one over the course of about a year with my ti tip (started with 4 maybe?). I don't think I ever had an issue with my ss screens before that doe

wombat24

zealot - church of the blessed dynayap
I haven't really been using the stash part of my dynastash to store my stash so I thought I would drill it out a bit deeper and make a garage for my Aomai. Apart from some 'character' marks inflicted on to the lid, I'm happy with how it turned out. One less thing rattling about in my pocket.

UaMwftvMMGLIykD9pIB15hyOhMKUWon2Ov0rW06NOLI5W64LosQHQAyz5bdIUcWexnzEH0j8fBi_mbvpx6o7Dpx7_MTmQCCk0OCDNts8XW-OVHdnKq86lq9vAMJVEdS69ia-Ns592fs7CAaaXNNx_6NAJ0ThST01Elcce15vGLY75myFdlw5I9jUvJ1h5tw8h9nZDAoQlwXSK2x6-zJIYUBr0kmMLPibEPA3gmNNI1ggb9QwMYskYrmvV6ZjZjrCPPipts_ltBOwXL58vW_hTRbVaI_TS-Qoxx4SJKfWtKuJQEguW-syHzlS6iUIdkT1jn8lY5cxT47CtHwcZMVp57dyaODn2Eq4DYjjyCwi9H-gOp2JHrdFiJ9IzK7ML1jvZp6Uo98htis2OVdMyiaATXSDyC2FuYl-OFadLQlfMYpPU0Ep5RFsX-03ebjEUEex3G8pqNYRsjRW49iRqXcDJnCcBEzG6p_IMS-0eCcde33ygKAX5X7dC0OQ5cDTRaEUyPcSNfMYYHP0O_EuvHCyx5E8n99ePoC4O0LN8rMRZvXgXeJUFhD2dT2bL0ys-rm-psItaGLiuglZeBVFpXOaYWBLKOFWK2_-bnaLl4iOIuamxef7FWq4bPI5OLKjfaGL2RXQejNhyUhCylIglhaADBbKs_H1P6GH8MGlDQnFmzBYfF1FybYqjg=w729-h889-no

B3l1dfixtOy_lUgW7pxcRX8ZiokV8wV6_ep0x0L4_u_8Byi0sBHcY_iTPYZed_SxyVdbbDnLOqsgaS6aau7UIukytur5UP_hVBJkCH_Hb0oYxXQC49sDkaR2CdOUgv_gbxCK0qA_W4x3Yrcy1iY4sySnGdi3ehmWc3wewFC_cgDv2bdoU7kfv6J-sJ2VBnsIL5QyXKATnYsmtnuzb9oeQuwQy5wscvJUamD1pGq-w1sw_IJh7yRNbpOCeK-eQojcCdRpIOk9J7ipOcRcMq8FPYVhAxiSDnFV0uPFo8AB7HpFpYqsz92fagr0_xhW2a9ccDI4MCLgDFaOqwYUG7e2R2lKIttBzzQvjZm0yXQgCnyBkaGnRSdRxi9g7VDbShCGrQbnHN2K2GlvaEiS4g98saoevzus5Fqqme9-QMArTgVvI5VRCrKDXdVcxjklrhNKDAfqrf9MMx8v0cePEJnzt0b0q3tSVXKftDMr5zbE4ACZtvV9w9ygIrDCqrIld1PYkb8sr4vvQ_ZfseDhHaq1CbZgDbWTbmMazTGQxIa_LygUM_gWFPG04brIfkx-YaCeS_DOKkolheQcLW6M5JG5E7Quhtx50vmB5QfMNqW6uyBx7seNkGe8wdBZ-nGgsqRgThB5Jz7nDaBvVmRxA5mC227XwHURGQqsbrONa11pGHX1Cp9ot7Hb9w=w850-h889-no

TommyDee

Vaporitor

You might have something there @Planck . It could well be that part of the structure is surpassing its dynamic range and causing a permanent set in a deformed state.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I haven't really been using the stash part of my dynastash to store my stash so I thought I would drill it out a bit deeper and make a garage for my Aomai. Apart from some 'character' marks inflicted on to the lid, I'm happy with how it turned out. One less thing rattling about in my pocket.

UaMwftvMMGLIykD9pIB15hyOhMKUWon2Ov0rW06NOLI5W64LosQHQAyz5bdIUcWexnzEH0j8fBi_mbvpx6o7Dpx7_MTmQCCk0OCDNts8XW-OVHdnKq86lq9vAMJVEdS69ia-Ns592fs7CAaaXNNx_6NAJ0ThST01Elcce15vGLY75myFdlw5I9jUvJ1h5tw8h9nZDAoQlwXSK2x6-zJIYUBr0kmMLPibEPA3gmNNI1ggb9QwMYskYrmvV6ZjZjrCPPipts_ltBOwXL58vW_hTRbVaI_TS-Qoxx4SJKfWtKuJQEguW-syHzlS6iUIdkT1jn8lY5cxT47CtHwcZMVp57dyaODn2Eq4DYjjyCwi9H-gOp2JHrdFiJ9IzK7ML1jvZp6Uo98htis2OVdMyiaATXSDyC2FuYl-OFadLQlfMYpPU0Ep5RFsX-03ebjEUEex3G8pqNYRsjRW49iRqXcDJnCcBEzG6p_IMS-0eCcde33ygKAX5X7dC0OQ5cDTRaEUyPcSNfMYYHP0O_EuvHCyx5E8n99ePoC4O0LN8rMRZvXgXeJUFhD2dT2bL0ys-rm-psItaGLiuglZeBVFpXOaYWBLKOFWK2_-bnaLl4iOIuamxef7FWq4bPI5OLKjfaGL2RXQejNhyUhCylIglhaADBbKs_H1P6GH8MGlDQnFmzBYfF1FybYqjg=w729-h889-no

B3l1dfixtOy_lUgW7pxcRX8ZiokV8wV6_ep0x0L4_u_8Byi0sBHcY_iTPYZed_SxyVdbbDnLOqsgaS6aau7UIukytur5UP_hVBJkCH_Hb0oYxXQC49sDkaR2CdOUgv_gbxCK0qA_W4x3Yrcy1iY4sySnGdi3ehmWc3wewFC_cgDv2bdoU7kfv6J-sJ2VBnsIL5QyXKATnYsmtnuzb9oeQuwQy5wscvJUamD1pGq-w1sw_IJh7yRNbpOCeK-eQojcCdRpIOk9J7ipOcRcMq8FPYVhAxiSDnFV0uPFo8AB7HpFpYqsz92fagr0_xhW2a9ccDI4MCLgDFaOqwYUG7e2R2lKIttBzzQvjZm0yXQgCnyBkaGnRSdRxi9g7VDbShCGrQbnHN2K2GlvaEiS4g98saoevzus5Fqqme9-QMArTgVvI5VRCrKDXdVcxjklrhNKDAfqrf9MMx8v0cePEJnzt0b0q3tSVXKftDMr5zbE4ACZtvV9w9ygIrDCqrIld1PYkb8sr4vvQ_ZfseDhHaq1CbZgDbWTbmMazTGQxIa_LygUM_gWFPG04brIfkx-YaCeS_DOKkolheQcLW6M5JG5E7Quhtx50vmB5QfMNqW6uyBx7seNkGe8wdBZ-nGgsqRgThB5Jz7nDaBvVmRxA5mC227XwHURGQqsbrONa11pGHX1Cp9ot7Hb9w=w850-h889-no

Looks great ... I'm planning on doing the same with mine ... thanks for posting the snaps ...

I saw this shot of a Shadow with a rosium tip on another forum which id like to lock n load into my FutoStash Aomai mod ... aint she a beaut ...

Screenshot-20191220-220922-Reddit.jpg

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I've been using ISO and not even removing the CCD.

Yep, on a q tip.

I do believe I have heat shrank a Ti CCD

Dont know if any of these guys are on FC but here are the winners of the Festivus Giveaway. Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone that shared and participated!!

1st @kidillusion704 - Grand Prize
2nd @jpjafa - choice of stem
3rd @villlage_idiot - choice of stem
4th @dr_greenthumb_1 - choice of tool
5th @vaped2space - choice of tool

Top Bottom