basement farmer

My face is melting...
......I thought you guys were kidding about the bling stems.....I was wrong.

Seems so weird coming from that company as, in the past anyway, even their highest end stuff was a very good value. I don't know what the going rate is for gold and platinum, but those silver prices seem crazy high. You would think at that price point they'd give more background into the artist and design on the website or perhaps deliver them via a celebrity pulling up into your driveway in a limousine.

I understand that the buyer is paying for uniqueness in something that is probably very limited, but still.

For once there's something vaporizer related that I feel no urge to acquire. That's a good thing, right?

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
All those who swore to have every DV offering in their collection have a tough choice to make. I would think that this offering will reduce this elite group to under 1% of its former membership. But know this, DV is counting on that group to make these desirable.

Seems like maybe the community can give collectors a pass on these LOL:shrug:

AcidFlashbang

I don't know what the going rate is for gold and platinum, but those silver prices seem crazy high.
Yeah lmao they want more than $200 for less than $10 of cast silver. And more than $600, likely for about an ounce of silver. They obviously think the dynaverse has more money than sense and they have the gall to call them investments as if anyone would pay more than spot value if theyre not a dynvap user :rofl:

Last edited:

Harv

Anyone have experience improving the airflow on a 2019 M steel tip? Mine's from a slightly wonky but not defective early batch and I've never been really satisfied with the air flow situation. With a load in and the air hole closed I can't draw at all, but with enough hole open to feel resistance it gets the job done. Think its worthwhile to work out these grooves a bit with a rotary tool grinding wheel?

GtrBob

Super clean out the area first, make sure it's not just old resin clogging up the airways.
Then heck yeah, file the notches, if it's needs it.

I just now cleaned out the screen in my M which opened it up a bit.
I've also needle-filed the notches a tiny bit on this thing.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
For once there's something vaporizer related that I feel no urge to acquire. That's a good thing, right?

Nope. Your VAS is slipping. You might even need professional help for that. Or at least keep returning to this thread as often as possible, and the fire of desire will eventually return.

My VAS is just fine. I still want them. I just will never ever be able to afford them, as my life is on the poorer end of the spectrum.

My VAS is still functioning properly though, for what it's worth :tup:

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Yeah lmao they want more than $200 for less than $10 of cast silver. And more than $600, likely for about an ounce of silver. They obviously think the dynaverse has more money than sense and they have the gall to call them investments as if anyone would pay more than spot value if theyre not a dynvap user :rofl:

1) You have no idea what they are thinking.
2) You are too clever to fall for this ploy so don't sweat it.
3) This should be a great business opportunity for you, come on man show em how it's done. :lmao:
4) see below

Value is as much subjective as it is objective.

And Dynavap is making pieces pretty much everyone can afford, and as a company they are incredibly generous within and without this community.

Your VAS is slipping.

It's not slipping I don't have VAS. :brow:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Anyone have experience improving the airflow on a 2019 M steel tip? Mine's from a slightly wonky but not defective early batch and I've never been really satisfied with the air flow situation. With a load in and the air hole closed I can't draw at all, but with enough hole open to feel resistance it gets the job done. Think its worthwhile to work out these grooves a bit with a rotary tool grinding wheel?

If you pull the cap, does that increase flow rate? I just spaced my cap away from the bowl.

I suspect those unobtainium* stems are 3D printed. Then the cost aligns perfectly.

* unobtainium is a base, alloyed, semi-precious, or precious metal that has been so corrupted to be worth 100 to 1,000 times its original value.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

DV needs to market to the upper echelon of the audiophile community, the snobby "comic book store guy from the Simpsons" types who have $80,000 speaker systems and claim that $5000 systems are garbage. They might actually find some buyers there for the precious metal collection. Gotta go where there's money to blow!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
1) It's not slipping I don't have VAS. :brow:

image.jpg

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Okay, that makes them artisan pieces. In that case I would want every one unique and limited edition for the price of admission. You can certainly get a lot greater detail with casting. I look forward to see what DV will do with this newfound need for over-the-top bling. From an art perspective, this really needs "providence", "an artist", and a "limited edition of nnn pieces each numbered on the rim", and a "certificate". Each piece unique with hand crafted post ops. AND NO LOGO! <= peeve. Sign it as an artist would, inconspicuously. That is what makes for a collectible. But hey, whatever :clap: I'm still up for seeing the zodiac set. That'll be popular even today if it is well done. They'll be sought after for years. Get 1 for your sign or collect all 12... no 13! ah...14 unique silver zodiac stem collection! Silver is easier to cast than our beloved stainless steel after all. An old silver dollar is more silver that a stem would weigh.

We have to get the style down for you @Planck . We'll talk.

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"

If you want to improve the airflow definitely file The Notches but make ever so super tiny adjustments. You can always file more but you can't put it back. And I mean small adjustments. A little goes a long way.

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Planck

believes in Dog
Okay, that makes them artisan pieces. In that case I would want every one unique and limited edition for the price of admission. You can certainly get a lot greater detail with casting. I look forward to see what DV will do with this newfound need for over-the-top bling. From an art perspective, this really needs "providence", "an artist", and a "limited edition of nnn pieces each numbered on the rim", and a "certificate". Each piece unique with hand crafted post ops. AND NO LOGO! <= peeve. Sign it as an artist would, inconspicuously. That is what makes for a collectible. But hey, whatever :clap: I'm still up for seeing the zodiac set. That'll be popular even today if it is well done. They'll be sought after for years. Get 1 for your sign or collect all 12... no 13! ah...14 unique silver zodiac stem collection! Silver is easier to cast than our beloved stainless steel after all. An old silver dollar is more silver that a stem would weigh.

We have to get the style down for you @Planck . We'll talk.

I'm totally with you one the trademarking. Below is a quote from my initial impressions of the M. Nov 15 2017. George contacted me via PM the next day with a solution. I was floored! Ah the good old dayz.

Link to the post,man what a pain to find it.
Dynavap VapCap

What I don't like.
The trademark on the stem is an abomination imo. Visually confusing noise as appealing as rust.
The trademark on the cap is nice clear and subtle as befits this jewel like item. Made in USA is small enough to live with. Why do I need two big trademarks on something the size of a cigarette. :doh:

While I am at it, the trade mark of the stash is enough to prevent me from buying one. Not subtle or classy imo. And finally if I ordered a fancy wood stem and it came with a trade mark I would scream. Imagine I would just explode or spontaneously combust in the presence of the stems with both Dynavap and Ed's Tnt trademarks.

YMMV.

Hats off to Dynavap, this a hell of a lot of product for the money. :clap:

I'm not fond of the aesthetics of these precious metal items. I am pretty blown away by the process and results. First the artwork has to be created, either by hand and then laser scanned or drawn in 3D modeling software like Fusion 360. Either way it is a seriously non trivial task. Most likely "drawn flat and then wrapped around the virtual stem. Then tool paths need to be created. Then the machining, x,y,z plus rotary axis capable machine. Many hours of machining with a teeny tiny ball mill. Finishing passes with perhaps 0.001 stepover maybe less (cutting width). Heat generated by cutting is probably an issue. An insane level of detail is required on this tiny fragile "wax plug". The plug has to be perfect because every little scratch tool mark and dust speck will show in the final casting. This is how I would attempt to do it, maybe George has some mojo magic that makes to easier but I doubt it.

Even at these prices I doubt Dynavap is making much if anything of these first offering. So why do it? Because you can! I totally get that, it is a fantastic challenge and they nailed from that perspective.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rockon::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AcidFlashbang

I'm totally with you one the trademarking. Below is a quote from my initial impressions of the M. Nov 15 2017. George contacted me via PM the next day with a solution. I was floored! Ah the good old dayz.

Link to the post,man what a pain to find it.
Dynavap VapCap

I'm not fond of the aesthetics of these precious metal items. I am pretty blown away by the process and results. First the artwork has to be created, either by hand and then laser scanned or drawn in 3D modeling software like Fusion 360. Either way it is a seriously non trivial task. Most likely "drawn flat and then wrapped around the virtual stem. Then tool paths need to be created. Then the machining, x,y,z plus rotary axis capable machine. Many hours of machining with a teeny tiny ball mill. Finishing passes with perhaps 0.001 stepover maybe less (cutting width). Heat generated by cutting is probably an issue. An insane level of detail is required on this tiny fragile "wax plug". The plug has to be perfect because every little scratch tool mark and dust speck will show in the final casting. This is how I would attempt to do it, maybe George has some mojo magic that makes to easier but I doubt it.

Even at these prices I doubt Dynavap is making much if anything of these first offering. So why do it? Because you can! I totally get that, it is a fantastic challenge and they nailed from that perspective.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rockon::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
In all likelihood they used 3d peinted molds to cast these so although it took time to make the design the stl conversion was automated. They're definitely not individually milled and george has admitted as much. This release wazad s a swing and a miss IMO. I've 3d modelled using inventor, nothing this complex but I've seen my buddy who goes to school for mechanical engineering make some pretty damn impressive plans quickly when he was on an adderal binge :lol: So no matter how you slice it they're targeting a demographic that I'm not even sure they have more than a couple of. Maybe that's it, they only expect to sell a couple of them and they're priced so they don't have to do another run. Eitherway seeing them develop these and more colorways is kind of frustrating when waiting for a new omni stem/actual innovation

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
In all likelihood they used 3d peinted molds to cast these so although it took time to make the design the stl conversion was automated. They're definitely not individually milled and george has admitted as much. This release wazad s a swing and a miss IMO.

Yes you and @TommyDee are probably right that they were 3D printed. I initially rejected that idea because I had never seen 3D printing that had anything but a shit surface finish. Turns out there are some 3D printers that can do this quality of work. I watched a video earlier in which a ring was made from a 3D printed pattern. Looked to be about 6mm wide with kind of a celtic motif. Dude said it took 4 to 5 hours to print test pieces at medium quality. He didn't say how long it took to do at high quality for the final casting. The used printer was a Form 2.

As far as it being a swing and a miss, that is your take. I don't care for the designs but the process and result is fascinating. Price wise way above my pay grade even if I loved them. I applaud Dynavap for doing something completely different than any other vape manufacturer. Perhaps we will all benefit from technology trickle down because of these creations at some point. Regardless it's not like the company's existence is threatened if these are a total fail.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Let’s all move on, and chat about things that are near and dear to our binge buying VCAS
This Xmas.

Like down to earth glass/SS/Ti/wood artifacts from DV, instead of venting
Because DV is taunting to a privileged demographic above our pay grade, with a frustrating,
Golden carrot.

Minus diamonds.

Happy Holidays, to one and All. :popcorn: :cheers:V:cheers::cheers::spliff:

Last edited:

AcidFlashbang

Let’s all move on, and chat about things that are near and dear to our binge buying VCAS
This Xmas.

Like down to earth glass/SS/Ti/wood artifacts from DV, instead of venting
Because DV is taunting to a privileged demographic above our pay grade, with a frustrating,
Golden carrot.

Minus diamonds.

Happy Holidays, to one and All. :popcorn: :cheers:V:cheers::cheers::spliff:
The galaxy glass stems are cool but it was pretty lazy for them not to anneal the inside after grinding to prevent unnecessary wear to the o rings.

Last edited:

D4Dank

Hey everyone. I mostly lurk but today I have a question. So I’ve done soft cleans on my dynavaps but I’m noticing buildup in the screen or possibly under them. Ibe read the clean up manual about using the condenser to pop out the screen but i fear I’ll bend it or worse. How do you guys clean your screens?

Top Bottom