nonamekevin

If you set aside the price tag, I kind of like the pirate and alien stems. The anchor Airport is a cool detail.

Those prices though are laughable. I don't pretend to know how the precious metal casting process works, or what goes into a piece of jewelry. I just don't get why they would come out with some pieces that are exponentially more expensive than their current offerings. :rockon:

WakeVape&Bake

If you set aside the price tag, I kind of like the pirate and alien stems. The anchor Airport is a cool detail.

Those prices though are laughable. I don't pretend to know how the precious metal casting process works, or what goes into a piece of jewelry. I just don't get why they would come out with some pieces that are exponentially more expensive than their current offerings. :rockon:

because there are enough people who have the money for such nonsense. it makes them a shitton of money, i would say a gold mouthpiece makes them easily +90% of the material value. you could get an golden mouthpiece for much less than they are demanding.

there was a documentary a few years ago about a company doing diamond ornaments on an iPhone, they had so many people wanting this, they had a month long waiting list...

snackmaster

Kinda weird that if someone wanted to really flex and have a $5k all gold dynavap they'd have to settle for a configuration that's functionally subpar.

gold.png

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Thank you @NYC_Frank.

I'm also on the 'not keen on the bling' team.

If I were to be spending a couple of grand on a precious metal stem it would be an antique Tiffany or Cartier.
For me they are much more elegant and tend not depreciate in value.

Some time ago I looked into silver and gold for stems.
A single gold accent added a couple of hundred quid to the final price.
Sterling is much more reasonable so keep an eye out for it in the future.

For now I'll be working on these
Dude....you blew my mind. When I pictured it it had one tip but 3. Oh man. Love the spin. Worked out really well.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
If I were to be spending a couple of grand on a precious metal stem it would be an antique Tiffany or Cartier.
For me they are much more elegant and tend not depreciate in value.

I was expecting Rolls Royce and they gave us Cyber Truck! Surprised not to see something elegant and sophisticated at those prices.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Id have to agree. A stem w an alien w green diamond eyes is something pretty specific to be cast in silver. Dont get me wrong I like the new designs. Just not sure these were the ones to cast in precious metals. I do like the idea of if you are going to spend the $ on these that there is a custom route. I do like the Mps alot. I was expecting something more like that form factor wise. Either way its a big jump in a few directions. They are pricey but remember you are getting like 7 grams of silver. Lol Think most this new stuff is small batch to get an idea if people want this. Always looking forward to whatever they dropping next.

nonamekevin

because there are enough people who have the money for such nonsense. it makes them a shitton of money, i would say a gold mouthpiece makes them easily +90% of the material value. you could get an golden mouthpiece for much less than they are demanding.

there was a documentary a few years ago about a company doing diamond ornaments on an iPhone, they had so many people wanting this, they had a month long waiting list...
I agree that there are enough people who have disposable income to purchase these stems, but the target market for these items has to be vastly different than the current target market. A lot of people, myself included, got introduced to vaping with an M, because the entry point into vaping was so low.

In comparison, how many vapes are over $1k? Maybe 1? I honestly don't know, so anyone can chime in to help out. My point is, this is a part of a vape, not something that can be used out of the box without the tip and cap. I guess it's all relative, but if dynavap offered a high-end line that was in the $400-$500 range, not only is that more closely aligned with their current lineup, it's more in line with the industries high-end offerings. At least for me, I consider a vape high end at that price point.

I'm just confused as to what made them think to make something so much more expensive. Not like it matters. If the stems were $150 I still wouldn't cop one. The accesory makers on this board turn out better looking stuff, imo. :rockon:

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hi all. I've been out of the Dynavap universe for the past 6 months or so and am noticing that there are a fair amount of new products and accessories available today since my last purchase of the Dynacoil. Can anyone speak to what might be worth grabbing and what is essentially just icing on my titanium omni's cake?

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
All those who swore to have every DV offering in their collection have a tough choice to make. I would think that this offering will reduce this elite group to under 1% of its former membership. But know this, DV is counting on that group to make these desirable.

I couldn't have put that any better. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Hi all. I've been out of the Dynavap universe for the past 6 months or so and am noticing that there are a fair amount of new products and accessories available today since my last purchase of the Dynacoil. Can anyone speak to what might be worth grabbing and what is essentially just icing on my titanium omni's cake?

Im not sure what other VC's you have, but the hydravong might be a good addition if your looking for a DV for use with a water piece.

I have not tried one, but the low temp cap looks interesting if your into an extended flavor sesh.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

From Dynavap I think their coolest new piece is the BB9-it's a beaded stem with a 10mm-14mm joint to use with water pieces. It's their longest stem, it has cooling spikes and 9 cooling beads. It's the bomb and only $30.

As it relates to the new high dollar offerings. I'm surprised anyone is 'upset', good lord it's a company trying to make money. I'm hoping people aren't thinking, "Hmmm, mortgage or 24k gold stem?" Those pieces are made for folks who can afford them, and I imagine they'll sell quite nicely. Just like the $30,000 guitar I played a couple of months ago. It wasn't any better than the $4500 one I play, but the builder is famous.

Value is as much subjective as it is objective.

And Dynavap is making pieces pretty much everyone can afford, and as a company they are incredibly generous within and without this community.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
No comment.

dvprec.png
This so odd... because the dragon, alien, and pirate scream, "2008 mallgoth who hangs out around Spencers and wears wolf tshirts", but the prices are, "I'm a casual silicon valley investor who likes iphone products" tier.

It feels like the target demographic got mixed up in the process of designing these?? Cause I guess the gold one I can see someone buying because they want something that looks expensive, but the rest? I don't get it.

Especially since their etched ones on Black Friday were a hit (from what I saw) and a lot of people would have bought them. Why this huge jump in price/design?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Personally I like the twig but not with the logo. Still too heavy for me though.

Let me ask this... what if this was pewter lined with a stainless steel sleeve for heat contact? For units with mouthpieces, that means that the sculpture is completely divorced from the vape path. That kind of stem could be made in your kitchen if you have the mold or a master pattern.

Top Bottom