Doktor Dub

...and please test with and without water....

just in the name of science, you know.. :brow:

BTW - i think it looks quite promising. Perhaps this is THE pro tip for using rigs without water???

D04-BFF10-D227-489-F-9186-31-A3-EC800-F71.jpg

Is is possible I’ve gone around the bend on cooling marbles? It is distinctly possible. Will report back...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What does that do to your restriction?
My OmniVaps are the most restrictive air paths I use, I cant imagine making it tighter.

Do you all find you dynavaps require much in terms of cooling?
Are your throats irritated taking a drag to full click-off?

I get great full drags, not too hot, so I've never really thought about it of imagined it would be preferred.

You look like an avid cleaner like myself, it looks like a lot more bits to fiddle with when cleaning

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What does that do to your restriction?
My OmniVaps are the most restrictive air paths I use, I cant imagine making it tighter.

Do you all find you dynavaps require much in terms of cooling?
Are your throats irritated taking a drag to full click-off?

I get great full drags, not too hot, so I've never really thought about it of imagined it would be preferred.

You look like an avid cleaner like myself, it looks like a lot more bits to fiddle with when cleaning
I almost always use water at home, even with a VapCap. When out and about I certainly can feel the heat from the VC but it can't be TOO hot because there just isn't that much air flow. Easiest to notice it on my tongue.
At home I tend to use a D020 or an ash catcher or some small water device. That globe by SP would be a good choice.

Added: I wanted to add that the main reason, along with cooling, that I like to use glass with my VCs is that you can easily pull from your lungs that way instead of mouth pulling which is how I normally toke VCs without using glass.

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
D04-BFF10-D227-489-F-9186-31-A3-EC800-F71.jpg

Is is possible I’ve gone around the bend on cooling marbles? It is distinctly possible. Will report back...

Speaking of glass marbles, thank you again, very much, @StringTheorista for mine! They just came in today. should have been here two days ago, but post office screwed up here. but they're in, now, and testing is in progress. LOL

Not getting quite the icebox chill vapor, but can now do a click to click 1 full lung pull without any coughing or irritation. They've earned their place in MY Chillum! lol

Pictured below is My OG Chillum with Glass Cooling beads and "Homemade" mouthpiece.
(Also, my "Caldron" induction heater, made by @Pipes.
A definite MUST-BUY, imho!)

The mouthpiece is made from a connector piece for medical silicone tubing and a black rubber pen grip put over it and cut to size.

The end showing the white piece goes in the stem and the black end goes to the lips.

Holds those glass beads in just fine and doesn't impede their use. Air flow to the lips is a bit more restricted than the original stem opening which makes for better clouds and overall hitting.

Happy Vaping!

IMG-20190626-134842.jpg
IMG-20190626-135118.jpg
IMG-20190626-135338.jpg
IMG-20190626-135438.jpg
IMG-20190626-135505.jpg
IMG-20190626-135548.jpg

juanavape

i did contact dynavap and after showing proof of purchase they send out a replacement tip. how did i know it was defective? i have seen pics around here of the bad batch, and i compared the airflow to my 2018. not even close to the 2018 almost unusable. im glad planet vape followed up on you and even gave you the replacement tip, cuz i got jack sht from them

I don't know if you're in Canada or not but I did NOT contact Dynavape about my tight 2019 tip and then out of the blue Planetvape CA sent me one, a surprise in the mail box for me. So if Dynavap sent you one maybe Planetvape will too and you'll end up with a spare.

Summer

Long Island, NY
If any of you follow 420vapezone on IG, Troy has a stream up showing Simrell's new vortex stem in action. Appears that it's the next step in the evolution of the vc. It'll be up for the next 6 hours if you want to catch it. It starts about 14 min. in.

And he just published his youtube review on it:

Last edited:

Vape weed everyday

DVFC has gone marbles...:lol: What do the balls do for draw resistance? Do they cause any drag?

Would a Simrell vortex fit into a normal dynavap? Then we could buy one and just plug it in because as amazing as they are and I really want one the price of Simrells pieces is difficult to swallow.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I'm having trouble with the Dynavap website on my mobile Apple devices(granted they are old)

I could get on no problems a couple of weeks ago.

It seems they changed their age verification process, it's now more like a pop up that fades the website to the background till you select yes or no. (It used to be a banner at the top of the page)

I can't select the yes or no buttons to get past that, I press on the button but nothing happens.

Any else have this issue?

StringTheorista

Preliminary results show:
Yes, there is such a thing as too many beads. This full was too many, too restricted for my asthmatic lungs. About 2/3 full was perfect.
(For those keeping track, GSC in Blackwood nonavong, vertigo cyclone triple torch, DDave wand as mouthpiece). Feels like it conditions the vapor more, or differently, than water in this piece. I like it.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
"How many vapes do I need?"

The answer is, "n+1". N being the number of vapes you currently have + 1.
:lol: Sounds about right.

Is is possible I’ve gone around the bend on cooling marbles?
You have single handedly (is that a word?), well along with your PR man @stark1 , brought all the marble stocks to an all time high!
I personally bought a beaded stem (a la @mistvaporizer ), and a bag of the 3mm ones from Bud.
Damn you FC. damn you VAS, damn you... never mind... just had a ‘cap and no longer have any regrets.
Thanks for all the creative hacks!!

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If any of you follow 420vapezone on IG, Troy has a stream up showing Simrell's new vortex stem in action. Appears that it's the next step in the evolution of the vc. It'll be up for the next 6 hours if you want to catch it. It starts about 14 min. in.

well, I watched the two reviews....the intercooler is a neat idea.

Having the condenser integrated is sonething Im looking into myself. It is sort of the Grail of the vapcap kingdom. Being able to easily and completely clean an integrated design that does vortex...ah, thats the rub! The Omni has not yet been dethroned

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Totally agree. Although I really like the spiraled intercooler. I dont think it replaces an omni. Idk if you can change much about the adjustable airflow. Now a tiny intercooler that would fit in an omni. That would be niffty. Dont get me wrong I really like it. Its pretty. And looks solid. Just not sure bout these nooks and crannys

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I relay liked the vortex design as soon as i saw it. Although I am a classic mouthpiece fan..

Troy seems to be saying it works completely differently to the regular vapcap airflow, at one point he suggests the air intake from the airport only flows towards the mp not the tip???

$150 is a lot to try a vapcap i might not like....

How tricky is it to clean all the recesses?

ubardog

I relay liked the vortex design as soon as i saw it. Although I am a classic mouthpiece fan..

Troy seems to be saying it works completely differently to the regular vapcap airflow, at one point he suggests the air intake from the airport only flows towards the mp not the tip???

$150 is a lot to try a vapcap i might not like....

How tricky is it to clean all the recesses?

The guy does create some aesthetically pleasing pieces but $150 is a little steep in my eye's . At this price tag i doubt i will ever get to even see one so , Glass nipples will do me sorry.

If you want to test it out.
Just get an XXL sized bit of Ti . Im sure you have some ;p . Drill an airport in it . Then place an M condenser and X rings in the "Tip 1/2 of stem". Now you can test your own "vortex".

I suppose the tear shape makes ALL the difference .

I think this thing is grossly over priced. Sickens me how a peace of Ti tube can sell for up to $150. The extra for the custom $50 I feel is more than fair. Like i said "aesthetically pleasing pieces"

Top Bottom