danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
summary onGeorge's video

1 Its a port...repeat after me...it is NOT a carb; NOT a carb; NOT a carb
2 open port- good ... easier vapor, longer vapor, cooler vapor
3 rock stem between thumb and index finger to vary airport
4 learn to use terms like turbuance, vortex, mass, heat exchange etc. Especially with your friends after they have Dynavaped for the first time. Then launch into the astrophysics of the Dynaverse. Then read some passages from Neil DeGrass Tyson or Dr. Greene. Then vape some more, and discuss quantum entanglement, mass and space/time, muktiple bubble universes, etc etc
5 Now, watch George's video again. not so complicated now, is it!

Ricardo

Who was it recently brought up the subject of switching back to torch lighters after a long spell using IH? Apologies for not remembering. Please make yourself known to a flight attendant. I've been having the exact same experience lately and I have two theories I'd like to run by you:
A. We use the IH mostly when we're comfortably sitting around at home, doing stuff or just chilling... but it's routine - load her up, pop her in, perfect vapor every time. However, when we are out it's probably with friends and we're hoping to win them over to VapCappin' so we're having a good time and we decide this thing works way better with flame but it could be subjective.
B. In the same way as many professional chefs favour open flame gas cookers to vitroceramic induction hobs because of better heat control and tactile interaction. And 'cause it just tastes better.
:rolleyes:

Either way, I'm going to order a box of those Vertigo three in line lighters:tup:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Who was it recently brought up the subject of switching back to torch lighters after a long spell using IH? Apologies for not remembering. Please make yourself known to a flight attendant. I've been having the exact same experience lately and I have two theories I'd like to run by you:
A. We use the IH mostly when we're comfortably sitting around at home, doing stuff or just chilling... but it's routine - load her up, pop her in, perfect vapor every time. However, when we are out it's probably with friends and we're hoping to win them over to VapCappin' so we're having a good time and we decide this thing works way better with flame but it could be subjective.
B. In the same way as many professional chefs favour open flame gas cookers to vitroceramic induction hobs because of better heat control and tactile interaction. And 'cause it just tastes better.

Either way, I'm going to order a box of those Vertigo three in line lighters:tup:
Those trip vertigos are my goto lighters or if you want to spend a touch more a double blazer ...the flames are dead on for size as a double

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

That was me! I think those are both good points. For me using the torch is ritualistic and speaks to a certain frame of mind. IH is plug and play, you just need to listen for the click. With a torch you have both hands engaged, your ears, eyes, and touch engaged, it has more mindfulness behind it. You choose where on the cap to heat to get different effects, you feel the stem warming up a little in your hands. I get no feeling with an IH, to me it’s like using a battery powered vape. Efficient but not nearly as engaging.

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
summary onGeorge's video

4 learn to use terms like turbuance, vortex, mass, heat exchange etc. Especially with your friends after they have Dynavaped for the first time. Then launch into the astrophysics of the Dynaverse. Then read some passages from Neil DeGrass Tyson or Dr. Greene. Then vape some more, and discuss quantum entanglement, mass and space/time, muktiple bubble universes, etc etc

So essentially a reverse-carb? To regulate the air flow to the herb end rather than the mouth end

I mean we're not your typical vaper and I appreciate George's in-depth and typically scientific explanations as I'm sure we all do, but with this one - wow!

Guess it really varies because with my water piece it feels like I have to have it 90% closed (NonaVong, has a bit of a different carb port design) otherwise too much air gets sucked in to the lungs and not enough vapor? Worth playing around some, I suppose :)

Last edited:

Ricardo

Tonight's broadcast from Wisconsin HQ has sent shock waves throughout the Dynaverse, with millions of puzzled vapers asking, "Am I doing it wrong? Have I been doing it wrong all along?? Wait! I thought there was no wrong way to do it??? "

BREAKING NEWS: DYNAVAP RELEASE URGENT USER INSTRUCTIONS. ALL CITIZENS ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH VIDEO.

Vaporware

@Ricardo Hah...yeah, they might have to do a Hulk Green stem that says AIRPORT with an arrow pointing to the hole after George’s anti-carb rage. :rofl:

Seriously though, I knew just about everything in the video, but I didn’t realize that people were misunderstanding it based on the terminology. Since there are airports for planes, Apple’s Wi-Fi router, etc. with that name I thought it was easier just to go with carb since most people were already saying that. I guess I’ll try to use airport and maybe send people that video if they don’t understand it.

It did help me a little though; I hadn’t thought about how much slower the tip might cool if I covered the airport less, so when I don’t want it to cool fast I might start leaving it more open. :)

For anyone trying to watch it and not getting it to come up from the previous post, Donavan did re-upload the video. Here’s the new one:

Ricardo

Yeah. Seriously now, it's no big deal. It's good information and, like you, I now kinda understand the airflow better. First thing I did was try out the totally open airport.... man, I think I'll have to wear mittens! (I generally pull hard to start, with the hole closed, then open and close a couple of times, finish off with a flutter or a feather, occasionally play the flute).
Anyways, yeah - okay, the vapor is lighter, probably tastier for longer, and maybe twice as many hits. We've always had this debate but it really isn't about the right or wrong way of doing it - it's super cool to learn new tricks....like every single day with the Vapcap..... But it is not a DaVinci or an Arizer or any of the other brilliant electronic vapes out there. This thing is different for every single user - that's why it's so special.

Last edited:

Xclerk

summary onGeorge's video

Tonight's broadcast from Wisconsin HQ has sent shock waves throughout the Dynaverse, with millions of puzzled vapers asking, "Am I doing it wrong? Have I been doing it wrong all along?? Wait! I thought there was no wrong way to do it??? "

BREAKING NEWS: DYNAVAP RELEASE URGENT USER INSTRUCTIONS. ALL CITIZENS ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH VIDEO.

Lma0

Xclerk

I feel like this vid was released primarily for all the people who did not get a bad tip, saying they did ,like I hear some people with ti tips saying it and that design wasnt changed. Lol dont get me wrong some shallow tips were passed but everyone shouldnt go running my dynavap dint work cause they cant get flow. Dont get me wrong I def got some new edjimacation from the video. Even then to each their own. Im sure everyones style is a little diff.
Any one see that partial green/titanium stem I really liked the 2 tone. I hope those get released

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

MajorPilaf

Hi everyone, hope all is well in the Dyna world. Recently purchased these little storage jars for excess grinds. Link is here :

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132155493160

2crosvd.jpg

33m3g5s.jpg

The green dries up over time, and becomes harsh etc.. wondering if you guys have an idea to keep the moisture in the jars. I have tried a touch of carrot but shriveled / lost it.

Thank you guys in advance.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Vaporware

I have, I used the packs in my jars. But these jars are tiny. I had an idea of just putting a damp piece of cheese cloth. But I thought I ask the council for any suggestions.

When they’re home you could keep them in a larger jar with a Boveda pack. If they dry out too much within a day of being out, they might not be the best jars for the job. It might be fine to put something in the tiny jars, but I’d be hesitant to do it. You might end up accidentally vaporizing something you don’t want. ;)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The trouble I see with this are that the tolerances for such a tool would have to be tighter than Dynavap’s tolerances for condensers currently are. I have some condensers that I can’t fit a titanium spinning mouthpiece over, while others the same mouthpiece works with ease. For a hollow tube to set an x-ring, it would have to be tight enough to be sure the x-ring didn’t try to slip under it.

I don't know about that. I can get thin metal tubing at Home Depo and cut it...but I'm too lazy to go do that and put a decent wooden grip on it. So I'm ok paying someone else who will if it's a reasonable price...which I happen to think his current price for current product is.
Shut up and take my money? :smug:

...regarding your idea of a x ring mover to close off the carb....doesnt that involve moving the ribg down the stem toward the tip? As that means pushing from the mouthpiec end and there is an xring in the way, youd need to take the condensor out, or at least remove the the mouthpiece xring to get to the ibterior x ring.......what you are looking for is an x ring puller...inserted from the tip end and pulling the inside x ring towards you. Even if that were possible, youd need to remove the condensor to reset it anyway
------
I do have some stems about finished that have a default closed carbhole. I have moved the carb up towards the mouth end...when the xring is in its groove, the carb is closed. An x ring pusher would work in this design, as you could open the carb by pushing the tool from the tip end.

Then...it is amater of ibdibg a hollow tube with the tolarances needed, as dab8 mentioned...would need an ID greater than 5mm and an OD of less than 7mm I did a quick ebay search...china supplier may have something but its 22$?a foot snd tolarances are .5 mm so its a turkey shoot as to whether youd get a tube the right size

If there is interest in my x ring remover Inside Tool, let me know

Hmmm. I don't get your objection. I've done it with a plastic straw. You just put the condenser in with the lower x-ring, and you put your finger over the tip end while you use the tube (in my past experience, that is a plastic straw that is larger than the condenser, but smaller than the inside of my M body), to push the x-ring down to partially or fully close off the carb-hole, then I push on the x-ring at the end of the mouthpiece.

Once I have it where I want it, I don't have to take off the mouthpiece-end x-ring (and possibly a mouthpiece or not, depending if M or other) off again till it's time to clean the thing...and then I'm taking it apart anyway, so I don't get the issue.

The problem with the above tool is that a plastic straw is fragile, and easy to bend or break when pushing down the carb-hole-setting x-ring, and I suspect that a metal tube would work better, maybe? :sherlock:...and I nice little wooden grip affixed to that metal tube that is much stronger and more functional than a plastic straw would be more comfortable to use.

But hey, what do I know. Maybe I'm crazy. If I were, I probably wouldn't know, right?

But you all would know, wouldn't you. You sneaky bastards. I see what you're doing :tinfoil:

I'm the opposite with my IH. I use the IH when I'm doing things, or in a hurry, or otherwise don't have the time to sit down and properly roast like a surgeon with a proper small single-flame torch and give myself the proper milky hits I deserve at the end of a hard days work when I'm sitting down to relax.

Now you're getting it. You should try one of these for when you are ready to relax and enjoy a good roast. You switch it on and spark it, then the torch stays on till you switch it off...leaving you without having to hold down any damn button, and feeling much more tactile wit the lighter, as you can hold it any way when heating without your thumb being affixed to one spot. It may sound like a little thing, but it makes it a very comfortable torch to use with something else similarly small and light...like a Dynavap vaporizer :mmmm:

And I get too feel like a vape-ninja, with my tactile little weapon. :ninja:

So essentially a reverse-carb?

Actually, and imho, it seems more like an actual carb (carburetor), which is intended to maintain a properly regulated mix and flow of air with the other substance (in a normal carburetor would be fuel), and which's second function is to keep the second substance in a vapor form to properly mix with the airflow till the mix still properly mixed so that it gets to it's destination and does it's job more eficiently. So yeah, the Dynavap carb seems like more of a true carb, in the way that it's insides and outsides together function...at least to my crazy ass :razz:

...okay. I'll shut up now.

Last edited:

Ricardo

I feel like this vid was released primarily for all the people who did not get a bad tip, saying they did

Yup - that's what I thought too........

Poor George, he must feel frustrated. The Vapcap was first marketed pretty much through word of mouth (as far as I can gather) in places like FC, Reddit, etc., and very much founded on being an autonomous unit, off the grid, analogous in many ways to rolling and smoking a doobie, no wires attached.

Remember, back in the day how some people rolled spectacular and elaborate joints, some were more basic and a lot of folks never really got the hang of it?

Why would anything be different now?

People are becoming more used to vaporizers and expect to use all of them in pretty much the same way. As it took off and interest and demand started to grow, people inevitably wanted IH and ease of use in all areas. (I'm making all of this up, but bear with me).

I blame the Hipsters in the advertising copy on the website, chilling out and using their Caps like cool old-time tokers. I have no idea if Dynavap's advertising campaign in the US extends further than their website but I reckon George & Co are on the horns of a dilemma here about how to move forward.

Fascinating stuff.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I blame the Hipsters in the advertising copy on the website, chilling out and using their Caps like cool old-time tokers.

Ha ha ha. I remember one of those hipster-club images on the site that always made me laugh. I just checked, and I don't see it anymore. But it was on the Dynavap site for a while.

It had this guy sitting there shilling with his Dynavap vape in one hand and his Dynastash in the other hand...only thing was that it looked like he was holding his vape by the hot end, and hid Dynastash was in the other hand upside down, with the lid open...so he was dumping out his stash on the ground. And there was one other pic where the hipster guy was looking like he was trying to light his vaporizer with it in his mouth and the torch pointed at the end like he was lighting a cigarette. Ha ha ha. Funny times :rofl:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Made myself a new dress for my daily driver. I anodised the Ti-tip gun metal grey a while back, as I like to heat clean and this colour won't change with the heat. Yesterday I finally made a body to go with it. . . . (also made a load more, posted on my thread)

StringTheorista

Damn @mrb, that is a classy looking daily driver!

Also, George’s latest video inspired me to open up the flow on my ti Omni last night, with some monster cookies. While I thought I had understood the function of the airport, I hadn’t realized that more open —> hotter tip for longer. Got to coffee-color abv in a shorter time than I expected. Excellent!

Such a versatile device!

started@52

Sometimes I get two hits wide open. Kinda wondered how people inhale till it clicks, wide open it takes a lot longer for the cool down click while inhaling. I have been mostly wide open since the beginning, only really feather it on the first from cold hit.

started@52,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Top Bottom