nodor

Hopla
Great info keep it up
I agree with what you say. I received my M19 and M18 karma a few days ago. I have a couple of IH units I built and they make testing more repeatable. I don't really get the point of the carb hole. Its not like you have a bong full of vapor to suck out.
I found that I prefer the M18 as a piece of clear tape over the carb hole makes for a great sipping device.
When I do concentrates with the IH I go about 6 seconds past the click ( click happens in 3.5 sec's after the 1st heating) Knocks my socks off everytime !!!
The M19 is better if your into the carb hole but I karma'd my M19 to a friend at work and kept the M18 karmavap for myself. A win win solution IMO.
I use a titanium tip for concentrates and stainless for herb. I don't think it really maters which tip you have you should be able to get a good vape.
I bought the M19 because of the better airflow claims. What I didn't realize then was that the stem and cap are the same size so the increase in airflow is from the carb hole which they made the same size but enlongated it. With the carb hole covered the draw is the same as the M18

MikeG7265

When I do concentrates with the IH I go about 6 seconds past the click ( click happens in 3.5 sec's after the 1st heating) Knocks my socks off everytime !!!

Thanks for this, I'm not a big concentrate person but did pick some up to try in my M19. So far all I've done is make a huge mess lol .Hopefully this will come in handy .And yes I have the Dynacoil.

nodor

MikeG7265
I found that it was better to remove the screen when doing concentrates. I have a dynacoil also but before they came out with the dynacoil I built my own. Made 30 of them and put a dab of concentrate on each store them in a plastic tube and I'm ready anytime with no mess. So my dynacoil gets used about 1 in 30 lol

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I bought the M19 because of the better airflow claims. What I didn't realize then was that the stem and cap are the same size so the increase in airflow is from the carb hole which they made the same size but enlongated it. With the carb hole covered the draw is the same as the M18
Actually I am feeling like I am getting a little better airflow from the serpentine tip, but it isn't a huge amount.

The concept of the air hole is for folks who don't want (or don't always want) the denser hotter hit you get with the air hole closed. Yes, you can pull the VC away from your lips to get the same effect, but for many the dense hot flow you get from mouth pulling is too much.

On the Nonavong I use exclusively with water I have the hole blocked with an X-Ring, and there are several vendors who sell stems with no air hole (or condenser as it's unnecessary with no air hole), but when used straight with no glass I like being able to play the air hole like a flute...

nodor

Actually I am feeling like I am getting a little better airflow from the serpentine tip, but it isn't a huge amount.

I found that when I use my IH with the micro switch that is activated by pushing the cap on it. The serpentine tip allows air to flow while the ordinary tip seals against the cap limiting the airflow. Thats why on the second one I built I mounted another switch to activate the unit.

drzen

I found that when I use my IH with the micro switch that is activated by pushing the cap on it. The serpentine tip allows air to flow while the ordinary tip seals against the cap limiting the airflow.

That’s entirely because of the notches in the 2019 tip. Actually, helical grooves such as on the 18 M make more sense from a cooling engineering perspective. I’m not entirely convinced the new serpentine pattern is an actual improvement beyond cosmetic.

nodor

That’s entirely because of the notches in the 2019 tip
Yah ! brain fart here. That is what I meant cutaways not serpentine. LOL
As far as the serpentine goes I machined out a tip of titanium and used 6 helix grooves to try and increase the airflow. I can't really feel any difference. The only bonus I got was that I decided that the weak point of the dynavap was the orings. Other than that it should survive indefinately. So I made the attachment end 1 inch long and threaded it now I can make any kind of mouthpiece I want. The one I have now is made of delrin and drops the weight of the "M" from 20.4 gr to 8.3 gr. Which is much better for no handed draws. Also machined a 14mm taper on it so if I ever get a bong hopefully I pre prepared lol

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Which type of lighter is perfect for the vapcap?

Like most things in life, especially the world of vaporization, the “perfect” lighter will be different for different people. But don’t worry, I’m not gonna leave ya empty-handed. There’s a thread about that very subject , entitled “what’s your favourite torch or lighter to use with your vapcap when you’re nekkid” IIRC.

Great thread with lots of tested models, but between us, the member that started that particular thread @Mr. Me2 is a bit barmy. That is to say he is sick in the head, of unsound mind, deranged, unhinged, mentally ill, insane, utterly blazing mad. Why do I tell you this? Because he’s contagious, of course! :D

Bought another Ti tip & couple of caps, so boring I know...since the M variants don’t really float my boat, I guess I’m done. However, like every year, those angels/demons at DV are always happy to let me know that my pitiful purchase doesn’t have to be lame and that I can continue to buy more VC gear until the 21st, right up to the moment that my discreetly wrapped package goes out the door!
Isn’t that amazingly helpful and cool? :tup:
FML:doh: Thanks for that, Team Dynavap! Guess it’s white knuckle cold sweats for the next four days! :lol:

Mr. Me2

Like most things in life, especially the world of vaporization, the “perfect” lighter will be different for different people. But don’t worry, I’m not gonna leave ya empty-handed. There’s a thread about that very subject , entitled “what’s your favourite torch or lighter to use with your vapcap when you’re nekkid” IIRC.

Great thread with lots of tested models, but between us, the member that started that particular thread @Mr. Me2 is a bit barmy. That is to say he is sick in the head, of unsound mind, deranged, unhinged, mentally ill, insane, utterly blazing mad. Why do I tell you this? Because he’s contagious, of course! :D

Bought another Ti tip & couple of caps, so boring I know...since the M variants don’t really float my boat, I guess I’m done. However, like every year, those angels/demons at DV are always happy to let me know that my pitiful purchase doesn’t have to be lame and that I can continue to buy more VC gear until the 21st, right up to the moment that my discreetly wrapped package goes out the door!
Isn’t that amazingly helpful and cool? :tup:
FML:doh: Thanks for that, Team Dynavap! Guess it’s white knuckle cold sweats for the next four days! :lol:
@pxl_jockey, I thought that was our little secret... :cool:;)

tblast

Had been eyeing a bunch of different vapes to purchase for 420, but ended up getting my 8th vapcap (3 OGs, 3 Ms, and a Ti carbon S are already in my arsenal). I’d been eyeing a nonavong stem for some time, and couldn’t resist getting the stem, plus a Ti tip and extra cap for $68 all in!!

I hit it with the carb hole wide open, which really smoothes out the vapor for me. Also, I do a modified squiby method, I put a tiny ball of hemp fiber about half way down the condenser. This prevents me from inhaling bits and also helps to smoothe the vapor even further, then at the end of the day, I take that piece of hemp fiber and push it out the top of the condenser with the tooth pick, insert it into the tip, and vape through my water piece, which gives me a very potent dab-like night cap.

I have a whole slew of vapes but the only one I can vape multiple times a day without asthma fits is the vapcap. Somehow it’s the most efficient, the hardest hitter, and the easiest on my fragile lungs. A pretty nice combo.

Jeeshy

Thanks for the heads up, I won't pull the trigger on this shopping cart just yet :)

Decided I was sold on this dynavap as my main vape so now I need a bunch of accessories and shit to maintain it and enjoy in new ways :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure we were told ahead of time that the flash sales were coming. Having heard nothing about it so far I have no reason to think they are coming this year. So many whinged about them last year George might not feel they were a net positive...

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure we were told ahead of time that the flash sales were coming. Having heard nothing about it so far I have no reason to think they are coming this year. So many whinged about them last year George might not feel they were a net positive...

There is a Dynavap Live happening tomorrow, so there’s still time for them to announce a flash sale or other promo.

Jeeshy

Considering I have only been using my vapcap about a week, Would you guys recommend me grabbing a backup cap with my order I'm preparing? I feel like it's a good time with the sale and me already buying something... but damn I'm already at 100 bucks!(dyna stash, pick tool, dyna coil, titanium tip and some maintenance stuff)

drzen

Considering I have only been using my vapcap about a week, Would you guys recommend me grabbing a backup cap with my order I'm preparing? I feel like it's a good time with the sale and me already buying something... but damn I'm already at 100 bucks!(dyna stash, pick tool, dyna coil, titanium tip and some maintenance stuff)

I have dropped my Vapcap with the cap on, and while the top flat surface got a slight dent, it still performs as before. So unless you have a tendency to lose 'em, these things take a beating and keep on ticking (clicking?)

Stonedbadger

Does anyone know of any where the Omni xl is on sale that takes PayPal?

I would order from dynavap but I don't have a credit card....

Cheers

Stonedbadger,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If your planning on the VC being your main vape, and you are already placing an order... Yes i'd get another cap. Not because the one you have might break, but because if you lose it you're stuffed. Plus you'll end up needing it for your next vapcap :)

Top Bottom