GtrBob

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Postimage works well... no account needed...
20181127-212103.jpg

namasteIII

I'm officially done fucking with the screen on the Ti tip. I made a good tool for it, but it always takes five minuets to get set perfectly and then will eventually dislodge down the line. To fiddly, a shame to because I prefer the middle setting sized bowl.

SixStringToker

Naked member
This works amazingly well and cools down the vapor enough that I don't even bother with water:

46033684102_0b37977bb4_o.jpg

Sneaky Pete's Scorpion bubbler combined with the Ditanium concentrate adapter. I used a single wrap of silicone tape around the adaptor to effectively lock it to the Scorpion so there are less pieces to juggle.

This is the best my Dynavap has tasted so far!

2hrs

I have a question about my new omniXL.

adjusting the tip ariflow of the tip. are you suppposed to be able to turn the mouthpiece while it is all assembled? or are you supposed to adjust it to where you think while its disassembled, then install it, test, adjust etc?

the threads on my omni mouthpiece are real "gritty" are they supposed to be like that? I was thinking maybe this is by design to kinda help hold it better? it's not pleasant turning those threads and I can't do it while it's installed, but maybe it's not supposed to be.

was kinda disappointed with the finishing on the omni body, it looks cool but my carb hole had flakes that weren't fully cut out and rough edges. I had to take a small file and smooth it down.

wondering if my threads are jacked causing me to not be able to experience the full adjustability as inended or if you're supposed to yank out the condenser everytime you want to adjust.

ubardog

adjusting the tip ariflow of the tip. are you suppposed to be able to turn the mouthpiece while it is all assembled? or are you supposed to adjust it to where you think while its disassembled, then install it, test, adjust etc?

the threads on my omni mouthpiece are real "gritty" are they supposed to be like that? I was thinking maybe this is by design to kinda help hold it better? it's not pleasant turning those threads and I can't do it while it's installed, but maybe it's not supposed to be.

was kinda disappointed with the finishing on the omni body, it looks cool but my carb hole had flakes that weren't fully cut out and rough edges. I had to take a small file and smooth it down.

wondering if my threads are jacked causing me to not be able to experience the full adjustability as inended or if you're supposed to yank out the condenser everytime you want to adjust.

FILE!!!!! you should have just got in contact with CS stright away.No one should spend that much and receive any thing else that perfect!!! . i would drop DV a mail and get this sorted, They dont bite :D

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It does seem that too many omni pieces arrive with poor finishing. Given the cost of the device is not really ok!

Get in touch with dv if you feel yours is notably bad.

The grinding of the threads is sadly kind of normal and i know first hand that George would prefer a better feel but has stuggled to find anything better that still fullfills all the other technical requirements of the design, function & fabrication.

You should be able to adjust the omni while assembled, and some dynawax on the threads and orings will help a shit load. A bit of spit is a shorter lasting alternative.

When my omni condenser/mp arrived i had to do a lot of finishing to get it to my standards.

For the grinding threads, i lightly tightened the condenser in my drill and spun it while 'sanding' the threads with a 'scotch pad' being careful not to let the pad catch too much on the rough thread. After a while i had an omni that moves like butter.

Hitomi

Do you mind to post a pic? I ordered one, new to these vaps though. I am wondering what part everyone is talking about.

2hrs

So when you adjust the omni mouthpiece, is it supposed to sit flush aagainst the body? if you open up the airflow is there suppsoed to be a gap or is it supposed to adjusting out of view inside the body with the mouthpiece still flush?

2hrs,

SixStringToker

Naked member
So when you adjust the omni mouthpiece, is it supposed to sit flush aagainst the body? if you open up the airflow is there suppsoed to be a gap or is it supposed to adjusting out of view inside the body with the mouthpiece still flush?

It should fit flush; you may need to push it up into the body after making an adjustment, especially when it's new. If you keep that gap, you won't notice much, if any, difference when adjusting the mouthpiece. With it flush, there's a pretty big difference in airflow from one extreme to the other. Test it with the cap on and carb open.

Prophecy

Push and twist at the same time helps for this issue with the gap. When you open the airflow the condenser and the mouthpiece tighten up, think you mean when you close the airflow it came to the gap.

Last edited:

ubardog

It does seem that too many omni pieces arrive with poor finishing. Given the cost of the device is not really ok!

Get in touch with dv if you feel yours is notably bad.

The grinding of the threads is sadly kind of normal and i know first hand that George would prefer a better feel but has stuggled to find anything better that still fullfills all the other technical requirements of the design, function & fabrication.

You should be able to adjust the omni while assembled, and some dynawax on the threads and orings will help a shit load. A bit of spit is a shorter lasting alternative.

When my omni condenser/mp arrived i had to do a lot of finishing to get it to my standards.

For the grinding threads, i lightly tightened the condenser in my drill and spun it while 'sanding' the threads with a 'scotch pad' being careful not to let the pad catch too much on the rough thread. After a while i had an omni that moves like butter.

This message has just dowsed my Omni fire.

Being a poor man in the UK i felt the prices for the M where to high for what it was. "a metal pipe" i thought , I Understood the Bi-metal and knew it was genius ......Thx to all the hype i got one £40 to the door. Bang instant love few fks ups on the way but the efficacy "bang for ma Bud" -then the finish the crafting and thought to the minor details and the finish ohhhh such a nice finish smooth shiny and not a rougth spot on it. All of this made me look hard and strain more to NOT buy a omni. Price was the ONLY factor - ofc being a poorpa right now it was a big one. I WAS goning to pick u an omni next year but im gonna pass now.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The omni mouthpiece separating from the body when twisting/adjusting is a common issue. The reason is the solo oring on the condenser is causing more resistance than the two orings on the mp. Again dynawax should help.

However this slight failure in design can help in a way...
If you twist your mp and the mp (mouthpiece)moves away from the body by 1mm (for example) then you can now just push the mp flush to the body again and know that the condenser is now 1mm closer to the tip, reatricing the airflow by 1mm more than before...

But what should really be happening, as per the design, is that the MP remains flush and the condenser moves inside, unseen...

Honestly i can't see why they haven't slightly reduced the diameter of the where the condenser section holds its oring. That would eliminate this common problem that has existed for ages.. Again given the cost of the omni, i find their lack of improvement odly slow/non-existent. But perhaps im being ignorant in some way....

2hrs

The omni mouthpiece separating from the body when twisting/adjusting is a common issue. The reason is the solo oring on the condenser is causing more resistance than the two orings on the mp. Again dynawax should help.

However this slight failure in design can help in a way...
If you twist your mp and the mp (mouthpiece)moves away from the body by 1mm (for example) then you can now just push the mp flush to the body again and know that the condenser is now 1mm closer to the tip, reatricing the airflow by 1mm more than before...

But what should really be happening, as per the design, is that the MP remains flush and the condenser moves inside, unseen...

Honestly i can't see why they haven't slightly reduced the diameter of the where the condenser section holds its oring. That would eliminate this common problem that has existed for ages.. Again given the cost of the omni, i find their lack of improvement odly slow/non-existent. But perhaps im being ignorant in some way....

yeah I was really underwhelmed unboxing it. I actually paused at the finishing and thought oh no maybe this is one of those recent knockoffs...but shouldn't be since it was from authorized dealer.

then I disassembled and was like ugh, are these threads supposed to feel like this? then I went to work smothing out the carb hole and cleaned everything as one does with new device. and then trying to adjust the omni in use was like ugh this can't be what everyone raves about. I mean it worked...but I kinda felt like this is that premium precision machining etc that dynavap is lauded for?

I got an M18 too as part of that deal which seemed mostly fine, but one of the caps was really loose, like not even close. I saw people saying this happens and to give a squeeze so I gave that a go but felt I had to squeeze pretty hard to get it to not just slip right off.

so rough finish on omnixl body, carb hole rough and jaggedy, omni mp theads gritty as hell, had to squeeze the new cap to the point it made me nervous I was gonna crush it and screw it up, but it survived.

I'm gonna try some tips mentioned here but might be asking the vendor for a swap out if I can't get it dialed in.

i microdose lightweight style so I can only do so much testing at one time :)

Mr Turnip

This message has just dowsed my Omni fire.

Being a poor man in the UK i felt the prices for the M where to high for what it was. "a metal pipe" i thought , I Understood the Bi-metal and knew it was genius ......Thx to all the hype i got one £40 to the door. Bang instant love few fks ups on the way but the efficacy "bang for ma Bud" -then the finish the crafting and thought to the minor details and the finish ohhhh such a nice finish smooth shiny and not a rougth spot on it. All of this made me look hard and strain more to NOT buy a omni. Price was the ONLY factor - ofc being a poorpa right now it was a big one. I WAS goning to pick u an omni next year but im gonna pass now.

This is where @stardustsailor comes in. I have no interest in carb holes and wanted something special not so keen on the m was thinking of just buying an omni.

But then I came across his thread I now three of his titanium stems with three titanium tips.

His stems are a really good price quick turnaround and endless possibilities

Sativapo

Hi everybody. Did anyone else notice some quality changes in the 2018 Ms : the first I bought has some nice deep ridges but on the one I bought to my girlfriend and on the shadow I had for free with my omnivong at vaposhop you can barely see/feel them. They work well but if it wasn't authorized dealers someone could think they are knockoffs.

Sativapo,

Squiby

This is where @stardustsailor comes in. I have no interest in carb holes and wanted something special not so keen on the m was thinking of just buying an omni.

But then I came across his thread I now three of his titanium stems with three titanium tips.

His stems are a really good price quick turnaround and endless possibilities

@stardustsailor 's stems are the bees knees. Beautiful, indestructible, functional art.

Here's a bouquet.
mkvo9l.jpg

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Interesting - I begin to like the SS tip. I never liked the SS tips too much and always used the TI one. But that ShadoW M tip is quite nice. Will have to do intense and throughout comparison tests this evening. All for science! :science:

//Edit: After an intense side by side comparison, I still prefer the TI tip. It tastes better in my small world than the SS variant. YMMV, of course. What a pity, the black one looks slick!

Last edited:
Top Bottom