Squiby

All of my observations have been mentioned at one time or another or even many times. There are many ways to create a rich and satisfying relationship with your Vapcap. It is so versatile that it accommodates many styles and approaches. But when you're new to the wonderful world of Dynaverse, there are some fundamental techniques that will help you interact with your Vapcap before you develop your personal style.

Anyway, here are 7 tips for Vapcap success and a content and delightful life ...

Tip #1 - Respect the click.

BOTH WAYS. The cap really does know what it's doing. Sure, you can heat it past the click a second or so, but I have found that stopping at the click gets me three good hits per session with no worry over possible combustion. Leave that for later when you are more experienced.

The first cycle is a flavour hit and the next two are pure vapour. I am a microdoser and I only use a tiny amount of herb per bowl. I get three cycles per load and then bliss. Some may prefer to slightly overheat the first round for full vapour on hit one, but that will get you very dark ABV while I myself prefer more of a toast colour.

The cooling click is even more important for the newbie because if you don't wait for it before reheating, you will combust. It's guaranteed, write it down, take it to the bank, count on it. It's easy to get lost; heat the cap, toke away, gaze with loving admiration at your Woody's yet undiscovered beauty and then, without thinking, you put the torch to it again. NO...STOP, don't do that. Wait for that cooling click. For me, this was the toughest part of the learning curve - learning to wait for the cooling click. Now, it's just habit. This alone should give you an indication of how incredibly easy it is to operate. I've never combusted, but I have come close a once or twice. Each time was without question, user malfunction.

When done correctly, the herb always comes out an even toasty brown. Perfection. Yes, you guessed it, it's true. The cap it IS magic.

Tip #2 - Choose your fire.

The flame or heat source that you choose DOES effect your outcome. A four jet torch brings immediate, or in just 4 or 5 seconds, perfect vaping temps. Dial down the fire and you add more seconds getting to the click. With a quad, triple or double jet, the time to temp is very short. A candle may take up to 30 seconds but it is heating that oven nice and slow. Easy does it..Yum...

A single flame with its pinpoint precision is more challenging to a new Vapcapper than multiple flames which cover a greater general area of the cap. A quad will quickly bring you to the click without overheating. Stick to multiple flames if you are a novice.

Tip #3 - Find your sweet spot.

Where you apply heat to your cap makes all the difference. Heat low on the cap and your bowl temps are higher than heating the tip of the cap. This adjustment fine tunes the temperature of your bowl and it contents. Infinite variability is possible through your heat source by how/where on the cap you apply it. Experiment to find your sweet spot.

I begin by heating the lower half of the cap, near the digger outter. This creates an initial burst of heat. The second cycle has the heat concentrated in the middle section of the cap and the final cycle is heated near the top. This gives me toasty coloured ABV every time.

Practice often to find your sweet spot.

Tip #4 - Attract a magnet (or Dynastash/ER).

When I ordered my Dynastash and DynastashER, I really sort of expected them to be novelty items. Boy, was I wrong! These tiny stashes are sooo cool and better yet, super convenient. They tuck away your vapcap and store your herb. They are small, dugout sized, fit easily in your palm and your pocket, are super attractive and just sooo handy. The ER has the added benefit of an extra silicone stash. It's meant for concentrate but I have been stuffing flower in it or you could use it for your ABV. Again, super handy. I haven't even mentioned the main attraction, the magnet. It keeps your cap stuck close by so it won't roll away. And it looks great doing it. It holds the cap for you when you're filling the bowl. Place your vapcap on it after a toke and it will cool the cap to the cooling click sooner. The Dynastash/ER just ties the room together so to speak and I don't feel like I have a bunch of random separate pieces cluttering the place up. Also, you can stash your stash by using the magnet to hold it to any ferris metal such as a table leg or your fridge. I hide a Dynastash with its Vapcap on the back of a cast iron lantern that sits on my porch.

Tip #5 - Bigger is not better.

The bowl size is perfect; Small but not too small. Perfect and adjustable. I like to take a tiny nug and pop it in the bowl. No need to grind your herb or fiddle or fuss around when emptying the bowl.

The Vapcap taught me to microdose. You will save money on your herb. It will surprise you with its efficiency. Try vaping smaller and smaller amounts and you will find that less actually delivers the same effect.

Tip #6 - Lose the Loose Particulates.

I was so thrilled when I found the Vapcap and the surprisingly smooth vapor it delivers. But, I still experienced some lung irritation from the tiny bits of plant material that would get past the screen and into the condenser. Some would stick to the inside of the condenser but some would make it into my lungs. A short bit of degummed hemp fiber can be fashioned into a flat disk shaped filter and sandwiched between two screens or stuffed under the screen in the neck of your tip. This stops all particulate bits from making its way to your lungs. It creates an even smoother vapor and as a special bonus, it keeps your condenser unbelievably clean for a very very long time.

Tip #7 - Read the Thread

If you are ever depressed or disappointed by some act from a fellow human being, read the Dynavap thread. Not only will you learn about the Vapcap and its rapid evolution from a tiny efficient vape to the stunningly beautiful and masterfully engineered device and collectors item it is today, but you will appreciate the good will that shines through in the stories told here. It's not just that Sativa that's uplifting, the Vapcap has a positive vibe all its own.

Chandler

I'm with the last couple folks. So enamored with my Vapman I dismissed the vapcap!

Revisited vapcaps few weeks ago and somehow intuitively knew I had to add one to my arsenal.. Did a days worth of research and enjoyed Bud's review, I respect his opinion and I remember like a year ago or so (don't quote me) but he wasn't feeling it. His Technique was off (I believe) .... But ended up giving it :clap:by the time he posted a review...

Immediately obsessed with the ti omni xl, I was decided... M? was an after thought. Only desire was omni XL, and i was upset xl dynastash's are sold out atm.

That SAME DAY. I caught bud exposing the Shadow M to the vape community seemingly for the first time....
After watching the comparison review by Vapelife X, I didn't need an omni ti xl anymore! :D

M is on the way! Sneaky Pete hooked it up!

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
In keeping with the black m and Black Friday theme, looks like @primitiveorganic has an ebony wood combo stash, case, and stem Black Friday deal for vapcaps.

https://instagram.com/p/BqgRkQPBBzQ/

Also, I’m so full of turkey I can’t move. Worried if I vape I will get the munchies, forget that I’m already so full, and attempt to put even one bite of anything into my mouth, at which point I will explode.

CVC4455

Am resisting the siren call of the shadow. Gonna pick up a second ti spinning mouthpiece, maybe an extra cap. And am back-and-forthing on a Solo II.

I have both. Truthfully, for water use, Nonavong works better because I slid the x-ring up to completely close the air port. In my experience the Omni mechanism can close oFf *almost* all airflow. If you’re gonna use it dry, the Omni mechanism is very nice, but if exclusively through water tools (wet or dry), it’s not necessary.

Thanks, I'd probably use it dry a decent amount of time so that's something I wasn't considering till you brought it up. Thanks! And I'm trying to resist the shadow M too!

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
Welcome! Lovely stash, beautifully made. Though I reckon folks around here would get a lot more excited if you had DV stashes in the coloured burl you are using for other dugouts. . . . Those are SWEET!

Welcome @doug@futo , good to see you here:) Have been follow you in IG for a while. Just like @mrb said, you galaxy burl XL ER Stash will be very excited to the Dynaverse:peace:

@paehtod @mrb Galaxy Burl FutoStashes are available, and they're also on sale for Black Friday www.futo.ca

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Evilevile, I would get a triple my initial go 'round. I suggest a Vertigo lighter cause they work well & are fair-priced. If I had to do it over again I would go for an inline triple as opposed to a triangle shape. Do an online search for Vertigo triple flame lighters & also check ebay for pricing.

There's also a vapcap lighter thread that you can check out.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yes, please!

Newbie here, my wife and I plan to be combustion free by the new year. I'm still researching and I just started looking into DV today. I had initially dismissed them due to the need for a lighter but after seeing so many recommendations I had to open my mind a bit and check them out.

Wow, I'm glad I did! Such a simple, well designed unit! And I love the dugout! My wife and I both have dugouts for smoking so this is such a cool way to go! The "M" starter pack is only $88 direct from DV. I don't really need some of the accessories (another lighter, pipe cleaners) but it's always good to have spares around.

I'm planning on a couple battery powered units for our main use. I wasn't really shopping for more vapes right now but this looks like such a fun option to have around, too. I don't want to spend too much $$ since we're just getting into vaping but I don't want to get something that doesn't deliver. This just looks like such a great choice! Glad I checked it out!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and to this forum! What an amazing resource, a wealth of information! Thanks!

MB

If i might make a suggestion... Don't buy more than one expensive electric vape between the two of you to start with!

As an ex smoker for over 20yrs, the VC is the only herb vape that satisfies my smoker expectations/desires! I have tried and owned several of the very top rated battery powered portables... None compare to the VC for me.

Even this year i bought the HR Fury for times when the VC in public is a slight challenge/pain... But as great as the HR Fury is, i find that even in the less ideal vapcap situations, i still mostly take the VapCap over the Fury...

It would just be a shame to buy two new electric vapes and find you don't use either of them much at all...

I find the Ti-tips give a slightly stronger/harsher FEELING* hit than the SS tips, and this satisfies me more than the smoother SS..

*it feels stronger at inhalation.. But I'm not saying it's stronger in effect.. Ymmv.

Skunkport

OMG Skittles!

Also I got some free black metal stuff with my Skittles.

zul4t4.jpg

The Hedonist Club certainly doesn't waste any time, I wasn't expecting my Skittles until next week!

Piña Delores

Bit disappointed that I can't buy a vapcap in the sale, and ship to another address as a gift.

Only option is to ship to the billing address, which is of no use to me at all :ugh:.

Had my cart all loaded up last night, and it wouldn't go through. Was trying to pay with my EU card and ship to the states for xmas. I suppose that's fair enough.

Cleared my cache and cookies this morning, re-loaded my shopping cart, 2 of the items I wanted are now out of stock. Oh well, tried paying with my US card, only option is to ship to that address. I'm not going to be there until much later in my trip.

Not happy, I'll see if I can buy elsewhere now. Wanted to give them the cash direct, plus I'm sad enough to want the T-shirt.:brow:

Not a big problem really, just needed a vent, and maybe save anyone else the stress.

Anyway hope everyone had a good thanksgiving

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Also, I’m so full of turkey I can’t move. Worried if I vape I will get the munchies, forget that I’m already so full, and attempt to put even one bite of anything into my mouth, at which point I will explode.

Wait till you have to deal with the surfeit of endless turkey pies,
and the turkey soups, turkey sandwiches, turkey, turkey, etc the days following
T- day. Giggle.

My (tiny) Shadow took me for a walk on the wild side,
When first arrived. Oops

34gr04z.jpg

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
If i might make a suggestion... Don't buy more than one expensive electric vape between the two of you to start with!

As an ex smoker for over 20yrs, the VC is the only herb vape that satisfies my smoker expectations/desires! I have tried and owned several of the very top rated battery powered portables... None compare to the VC for me.

Even this year i bought the HR Fury for times when the VC in public is a slight challenge/pain... But as great as the HR Fury is, i find that even in the less ideal vapcap situations, i still mostly take the VapCap over the Fury...

It would just be a shame to buy two new electric vapes and find you don't use either of them much at all...

I find the Ti-tips give a slightly stronger/harsher FEELING* hit than the SS tips, and this satisfies me more than the smoother SS..

*it feels stronger at inhalation.. But I'm not saying it's stronger in effect.. Ymmv.

Thanks, mrb. I'm trying to do lots of research before buying but it is still a gamble. At first I thought we'd just get one unit we could share but I soon realized that won't work. We're both daily smokers so we each need our own, plus we're in an unfriendly state so stealth is important. I've changed my plan a dozen times since I started my research and right now I'm thinking HR Fierce is a good fit for most of our needs.

I'm definitely going to buy an M starter pack, though. Sheesh, I thought VAS wasn't anything to worry about yet but it looks like I might be wrong. Again. :)

Thanks, everyone!

MB

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Does anyone know where I could pick up a quality torch for the dynavap at a discount for BF? Looking for a good triple/quad to go with my Shadow M.

This is my favorite of the four or five I've tried. It doesn't have a visible butane level to know how full it is but the flame gives me more consistent results with my Omni. It lights and refills reliably for only fifteen bucks. It's also quieter than some which helps me hear the click.

Mantello Catador Triple Jet Flame Butane Cigarette Torch Lighter with Cigar Punch Cutter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M6C8F34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mxc-Bb1YP2B0X

JLC

Does Dynavap sell their degummed hemp fiber directly? I 'm placing an order for a bunch of stuff but can't find the hemp fiber on the site. Anyone have a link?

JLC,

Squiby

Does Dynavap sell their degummed hemp fiber directly? I 'm placing an order for a bunch of stuff but can't find the hemp fiber on the site. Anyone have a link?
The Degummed Hemp Fiber is usually listed in Dynavap's Accessory page, but it's not listed on their site right now. They must be sold out. They were selling a huge wad for $5. Lots of items seem to be sold out at this point...

Squiby,
Reactions: stark1

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If your fav retailer is running out of VapCaps, Puffitup is having their
Green Friday Sale.

They will also (try to) match prices offered by other
Vendors. :tup: Mailing included.

(Yum. mIQro, Explorer :hmm:)

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: Ricardo

StringTheorista

Just returned from a ridiculously long travel day, home from Alaska. Brought my 18M along, on the theory “this is the one I could lose if it happens”. Also if my in-laws had liked it, I would’ve gifted it but they like their occasional pipe more.

Home to the CF Omni XL and some Northern Lights. Damn, I love this thing. Smooooth vapor!

@Campos, i don’t taste the hemp fiber. I use it a bit differently from but inspired by @Squiby ‘s filters—I just put a small ball in the tip beneath the CCD. It has never migrated into or even close to the condenser, and makes sweet little reclaim bombs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom