stark1

Lonesome Planet
To all of you early birds who already have the Shadow M at hand: Is it more dark-grey or black? On some photographs, it seems really black and on others, it doesn't... George himself takes about a dark-grey.

There may be some variance, mine seems black.
Not gray. YMMV

975ht1.jpg

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Mine also seems more black than grey. Looks good next to the solo and port side. Gotta get the gear ready, I’m sure mrs.kid will wanna shop right after dinner. All my orders are placed. Some new vape gear and a kayak. But don’t tell mrs.kid about the kayak. I’ll explain that this spring..

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Ordered my Shadow M! Curious about the corrosion resistance however. There is a disclaimer on the DV site that states not to soak the parts in iso or other liquids for extended periods because the darkening process hampers the corrosion resistance. Curious what the best way to clean it is then?

NizzyJones

To all of you early birds who already have the Shadow M at hand: Is it more dark-grey or black? On some photographs, it seems really black and on others, it doesn't... George himself takes about a dark-grey.

Like he says, it depends on the light. It's pretty black under indoor lighting, bright natural lighting it's more very dark grey.

kushkush

happy camper....
Ordered my Shadow M! Curious about the corrosion resistance however. There is a disclaimer on the DV site that states not to soak the parts in iso or other liquids for extended periods because the darkening process hampers the corrosion resistance. Curious what the best way to clean it is then?

There’s a big difference between ‘soaking’ with ISO and merely cleaning with it. Prolly nothing could survive soaking in ISO. I don’t know of anything that would clean up sticky vapcaps as well/easily as ISO but you don’t want to ‘soak’ them. Just clean your vapcaps with q-tips and ISO without ‘soaking’ anything in ISO, and rinse well. :D

P.S. Yes, I’ll bet Dawn would be good... it’s a terrific degreaser... I’ll give that a try.

:leaf:

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
I usually put all the parts, except the cap in a ziplock with ISO for about a minute. Then Q-Tip clean the parts followed by hot water and dish soap. Then dry. Takes about 5 minutes max. Been doing that with my Omni and Ms for as long as I’ve owned them with no problem. I just noticed the specific disclaimer about the shadow. That’s the only reason I bring it up.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
ISO doesn’t do justice to the Black Friday M, even with a bakers dozen of Q-tips, but worth
The effort, I guess.

Easy Peasy Dawn it will on you, your call. —:popcorn:

stark1,
Reactions: Ricardo

Squiby

I only really ever clean the condenser and the inside neck of the tip. Usually I just use a Q-tip but on rare occasions I'll soak the condenser for a short bit before running a Q-tip through it.

The midsection, cap and mp (if there is one) are never cleaned beyond a quick wipe down with a damp cloth or wax on any wood pieces.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
not to mention that the past few days I was adding OmniVong to my wish list and now it's with a bundle offer on Vaposhop... and this Shadow M shows sooo soooo kinky and baad ass... meanwhile me pockets are empty and found myself starring this offer while a tiny amount of spit fall off my jaw....:mmmm:
so so unlucky.. should have been prepared for sth like that..

Nevertheless, my dynas still rock and they're going stronger than ever before.. happy vapcaping guyzzz!!! Cheers the caps!!! :party:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Happy Happy y'all.

Coming up on my one year anniversary with vapcaps. Hard to believe it's only been a year given the size of my collection.

I don't use my vapcaps as much as I used to use them. They occupy a specialized place in my vaping universe, but I would never part with all of them.

For me the vapcap paired with @DDave Water Wand into a water piece or J Hook should be given an award. The Knock You on Your Ass award.

Happy Happy y'all. Grateful to be part of this community.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The Shadow M is a sexy looking beast. Just when I thought I was set, they pull me back in. Worth the $60 just for the parts.
Gonna use the black body and cap with my xl Omni condenser and Ti Tip. Carry it in the XL Silo for an awesome looking, stealthy kit. :ninja:
Have a great T-day all and enjoy the sales. :wave:

StringTheorista

Am resisting the siren call of the shadow. Gonna pick up a second ti spinning mouthpiece, maybe an extra cap. And am back-and-forthing on a Solo II.

Just wondering if anyone has a nanovong and Omnivong is the Omnivong worth the extra cash?

I have both. Truthfully, for water use, Nonavong works better because I slid the x-ring up to completely close the air port. In my experience the Omni mechanism can close oFf *almost* all airflow. If you’re gonna use it dry, the Omni mechanism is very nice, but if exclusively through water tools (wet or dry), it’s not necessary.

Top Bottom