cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Tried to resist. Failed. No surprise there... That siren got me. :o
If you’re gonna use it dry, the Omni mechanism is very nice, but if exclusively through water tools (wet or dry), it’s not necessary.
Agree completely. I love my Ti Omni, but I never use it with water. That is for the NonaVongs where I also totally block the air hole with an oring.

Actually that is not completely true. My NonaVong XLS is NOT permanently blocked as I sometimes use that one dry.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
SHADOW M:
It has not been mentioned yet, but when lucky birds recieved their early ShadoW Ms... There was a lot of reports of them needing A LOT of cleaning before the cotton buds/q-tips stopped coming out black.. DV were working hard to find a better way of cleaning them in house... But I've heard no reports further to this. Just an FYI for all...

ISO CLEANING:
For nearly two years, I've soaked all my VCs in ISO often over night, and sometimes forgetfully longer... With NO noticeable effects to Ti or SS or orings... (Fact)

And i don't belive the ShadoW M will suffer any adverse effects from ISO cleaning providing you dry it properly once out of the ISO. (Opinion)

Action

I was wondering how clean they come from Dynavap. So they may need a good cleaning before use ?
Thanks

Action,
Reactions: Ricardo

cptchronic

Looking into getting my first one and had a few questions. Currently I primarily use concentrates and was wondering how one these would be versus premade carts or other portable concentrate vapes? Is getting an omni over a M worth the increase if i know ill use it a lot?

Usually just dab mostly but looking for something thats portable and discreet as well as something my buddies would enjoy for christmas.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Cleaning is a good precautionary chore, especially if you are OCD
SHADOW M:
It has not been mentioned yet, but when lucky birds recieved their early ShadoW Ms... There was a lot of reports of them needing A LOT of cleaning before the cotton buds/q-tips stopped coming out black.. DV were working hard to find a better way of cleaning them in house... But I've heard no reports further to this. Just an FYI for all...

SQUAW-K! —:nod::spliff:~ a lil Dawn will do ya clean, mama

kushkush

happy camper....
Happy Happy y'all.

Coming up on my one year anniversary with vapcaps. Hard to believe it's only been a year given the size of my collection.

I don't use my vapcaps as much as I used to use them. They occupy a specialized place in my vaping universe, but I would never part with all of them.

For me the vapcap paired with @DDave Water Wand into a water piece or J Hook should be given an award. The Knock You on Your Ass award.

Happy Happy y'all. Grateful to be part of this community.

I’d love to hear a nice summary of all the details of how you use your Water Wand, beginning to end.... :)

:leaf:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Looking into getting my first one and had a few questions. Currently I primarily use concentrates and was wondering how one these would be versus premade carts or other portable concentrate vapes? Is getting an omni over a M worth the increase if i know ill use it a lot?

Usually just dab mostly but looking for something thats portable and discreet as well as something my buddies would enjoy for christmas.

Never used concentrates myself, but i know people here have great success with the vc.
I would imagine that the SS vs Ti Tips is less of an issue with concentrates than herb, but with herb the general consensus is split with the Ti tips probably being favored slightly more?

However i don't see the VC being as simple and easy and uninterrupted in use as a preloaded concentrate pen (though sadly I've never even held one let alone used one)

Formersmoker85

The dude abides
Its still there . Just don't start till tomorrow .

https://www.vaposhop.com/blog/37/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals/
dynavap-bundle-blog-post-EN.jpg

I asked @VapoShop if it would be possible to combo this with a Omnivap XL titanium? Hoping for a positive answer. I didn't think i would want something else beside the IH from DV. George did it again! Damm VAS :bang:

Last edited:

2hrs

I'm looking at the nonavong-S.

are there 2 different body styles? one with the carb hole and one without? different sites show different pic angles. dynavap site directly makes it seem like a nonavong-s would not have a carb hole.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think all of DVs bodies and stems, including the nanovongs, have an air hole. I think you need to go third party to get one air hole free.

It's a little difficult sometimes to place an oring between the air hole and the tip (at least I have difficulty doing this), but that permanently blocks the air hole and makes it easier to use on a water piece.

Last edited:

2hrs

I think all of DVs bodies and stems, including the nanovongs, have an air hole. I think you need to go third party to get one air hole free.

I'd prefer it having a hole, but just every vendor site pic looks different, but could just be photo angle and NOBODY specifies he carb hole...so I was unsure if there are different models and dynavap direct doesn't specifically say either but their pics conspicuously omit any angle that shows the carb hole.

2hrs,
Reactions: cybrguy

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I’m trying to make sure I order the correct things for some stems I have.

Is there any way to run a stem without a condenser? Or are all of DynaVap’s current mouthpieces built to work with a condenser?

-dab8-,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Mouthpieces on DV products are held in place by the condenser. I think it is possible to unscrew the tube on an omni condenser and use just the mouthpiece (which has a half inch or so that sits inside the stem) but that is kinda defeating the purpose of the omni it would seem to me. It is also way easier to clean the condenser than the inside of a stem.

Third party and especially @stardustsailor's products are a different story.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all as well... :wave:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
...maybe just the 'M' body since mouthpiece is part of the body...
And just for clarity, the M (because of the built in MP) is a stem rather than a body which is shorter.
I was wondering how clean they come from Dynavap. So they may need a good cleaning before use ?
Thanks
Personally I am a believer in cleaning ANYTHING I am going to breath through before using it.

Last edited:

Squiby

Is there any way to run a stem without a condenser?
Sure. The tip, whether titanium or stainless steel will fit inside any 8mm hole. All the midsections have an 8mm inside diameter, but vaping without a condenser means that the inside of your midsection will get coated in resin.

Or are all of DynaVap’s current mouthpieces built to work with a condenser?
All spinning mouthpieces attach to a vapcap with a condenser running through it and is secured in place on the condenser with x-rings.

But you do have another option. The mp portion of the Omni condenser/mp assembly will friction fit into the 8mm hole of the midsection.

JLC

Does anyone use a standard size vapcap with an xl dynastash?

I'm thinking of getting an extended condenser and spinning tip for my Shadow m, but would rather just get one dynastash that can hold either configuration.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Squiby, I'm having a problem with a couple of your signature links not working. Could you check them out & confirm that they are working. I wanted to refer a newbie to your first aid kit, but the link doesn't work. Thanks.

Squiby

@Squiby, I'm having a problem with a couple of your signature links not working. Could you check them out & confirm that they are working. I wanted to refer a newbie to your first aid kit, but the link doesn't work. Thanks.
Thanks @Summer! It seems that all my links are broken except for the last one on Vapcap cleaning. Since the images are all corrupt as well, I think I'll repost them with new images then create new links. I hope no one minds as there seems to be lots of new folks on the thread that may find the info useful.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thanks @Summer!I hope no one minds as there seems to be lots of new folks on the thread that may find the info useful.

No one will mind &, yes, those posts will be super beneficial to all the newbies. Maybe you could start with the first aid kit since all the newbies are ordering & there's time enough for them to add the items to their DV order before DV starts shipping tomorrow.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Does anyone use a standard size vapcap with an xl dynastash?

I'm thinking of getting an extended condenser and spinning tip for my Shadow m, but would rather just get one dynastash that can hold either configuration.

You can, if you like, modify the XL stash with a foam limiter cut to size. I have also used
Ear plug foams, as well. Easy fix.

Bicycle wheel lock springs also works. Anything, really, to prevent your unit from rattle.

Squiby

One of the genius aspects of the Vapcap is that there are no parts that need frequent replacement or maintenance. I have all the spare replacement bits, but I must say that the longevity of the stock unit is astonishing. I've been using Vapcaps as my daily drivers for three years now with the only replacements being a screen that I lost and an o-ring that I broke from mishandling.

However, what are the bits that will need replacing eventually?

- Condenser X-rings. These are used in the condenser of all non Omni models. They are grooved orings that form an x if you cut them in half and look at the cross section. These hold the stainless steel condenser in place within a body or stem and holds the mp in place, if there is one. I have never needed to replace one but they are small and can be easily lost when dismantling your Vapcap. The package comes with two small and one larger oring. Extra x-orings can be used to partially or fully block a carb hole if you are using your Vapcap with water or prefer the extra air resistance and enjoy mouthpulling. I also like doubling up an oring under a mp. I just find that the extra ring tightens up the condenser and helps the mouthpiece spin easily. Get extra Condenser Orings.

- High Temperature O-rings. These are round tube shaped orings that fit onto all tips, both titanium and stainless steel M tips as well as the Omni condenser/mouthpiece. If you remove these frequently and/or you're not gentle when removing them, they could deform, stretch or break. There are 4 orings on the ti tip and 3 on the SS M tip and they create a friction fit into the body or stem. There are 4 orings on the Omni condenser/mouthpiece assembly. You can get by without a full compliment of orings quite nicely for a long time. I broke an oring and didn't replace it for quite awhile. I have extras, I was just lazy and performance wasn't compromised in any way. Having said that... get extra High Temperature Orings.

- CCD Screens. These are tiny machined screens exclusive to the Vapcap. They come in a stainless steel and a titanium version. They can get lost easily too, but having extra screens is always a good idea. If they get bent, just tap them flat again with a hammer. I like to use two in every tip to make a degummed hemp fiber filter sandwich. I seat one screen in the bottom groove of the chamber, place a filter on top and seat a second screen over it in the middle groove. Do this and you will experience the smoothest, cleanest vapor ever. No coughing ever. No tiny particulates in the airpath or your lungs ever. Plus you get the bonus of a very clean condenser. Get extra CCD screens.

- Degummed Hemp Fiber. Dynavap sells an enormous wad of it for $5 that will last a very very long time. Use it as a bed for hash or other concentrates or make a filter for a screen sandwich.

- Clicking Cap. I like the idea of having an extra cap around. If you somehow lost it or dropped it and accidentally hit it with a hammer, you're done; the Vap won't work. Enjoy peace of mind and get an extra cap.

Other than getting a lighter and a can of butane, these bits should stock a pretty good Vapcap first aid kit. But while you're at it, Dynavap sells a nice selection of lighters, make your arsenal complete and add a lighter....or two.

Enjoy your Vapcap. It will last a lifetime!

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
No one will mind &, yes, those posts will be super beneficial to all the newbies. Maybe you could start with the first aid kit since all the newbies are ordering & there's time enough for them to add the items to their DV order before DV starts shipping tomorrow.

Yes, please!

Newbie here, my wife and I plan to be combustion free by the new year. I'm still researching and I just started looking into DV today. I had initially dismissed them due to the need for a lighter but after seeing so many recommendations I had to open my mind a bit and check them out.

Wow, I'm glad I did! Such a simple, well designed unit! And I love the dugout! My wife and I both have dugouts for smoking so this is such a cool way to go! The "M" starter pack is only $88 direct from DV. I don't really need some of the accessories (another lighter, pipe cleaners) but it's always good to have spares around.

I'm planning on a couple battery powered units for our main use. I wasn't really shopping for more vapes right now but this looks like such a fun option to have around, too. I don't want to spend too much $$ since we're just getting into vaping but I don't want to get something that doesn't deliver. This just looks like such a great choice! Glad I checked it out!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and to this forum! What an amazing resource, a wealth of information! Thanks!

MB

Top Bottom