Vaporware

I would like to know what kind of issues are they having with the DV IH that someone can’t figure out. Is it an issue that other models have overcome or will other models have the same issues in the long run. At the end of the day I want something compact, robust, with plenty of battery life ( and safe ). I’ll be patient until someone claims that status. :rofl:

I talked more about this a while ago, but I’m pretty sure Dynavap is not trying to make their induction heater entirely in-house. If they’re having some or all of it produced in a factory, they probably had to work out all of the issues and start the process to get it built months ago just to get it out this year.

I believe it’s also more expensive and there are more quality issues in new products at this time of year since factories are focused on quickly cranking out crap for Xmas, so it’s possible they’re waiting that out too.

If I’m wrong and they are doing it all themselves, that’s another whole set of issues with new tools and processes, ordering and assembling parts that are much different from anything they’ve been working with, and I’m sure they’d want to produce a significant stock before starting sales so they wouldn’t sell out immediately and have everyone more annoyed that they couldn’t get this released product than they are now while it’s unreleased.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Yesterday turned into a Legos for adults kind of day. It wasn't planned that way, but I had a thought that required action and then acted, and then...

I now have all but one of my vapcaps set up to use in Water-4 DDave Water Wands, a Cocobolo-bodied Wong with a Titanium mouthpiece, a Lightwood-stemmed Wong with a Titanium mouthpiece, and my Omni XL.

I really like the Ti mouthpieces-even though I'm not using them natively. I dig the look, and the spinning mouthpiece really helps with spinning while heating with flame.

And all this inspired me to tinker with my other vapes, so I put screens in all my Arizer Solo stems-which really makes for a more pleasant session, and waxed up all my wood stems and Lil' Bud.

And then I pulled out a rosin press @mephisto gifted me many moons ago and pressed a .6g of kief I've collected from my grinder.

And then I got ridiculously high while watching the Yankees vs Athletics and was giddy when the results yielded a Red Sox vs Yankees ALDS.

It was a fun night.

Ricardo

And then I got ridiculously high while watching the Yankees vs Athletics and was giddy when the results yielded a Red Sox vs Yankees ALDS.

He, he, he......I watched the 2018 Australian Rules Football Grand Final for the third time, but this time with radio commentary synched to the vision: 4 quarters = 4 video files + 4 audio files + 2 media players.. The stoneder I got, the harder it was to synch , as you can imagine, and god forbid I should be interrupted or lose concentration and want to rewind a bit :D And I'll probably repeat the process tonight with a different radio feed. Cracking game, BTW :clap:

Smokey McVape

I've tried this "mouth pull" and it feels like I get nothing down to the lungs. Im confused about when I should release carb hole, if I can do multiple "draws" from the same heating, or if it is just one pull/heating?

Dont get me wrong, I've had very successful sessions with it, im just curious whats the most effective way.

Also Im not sure if it works the same way (heating, draw) when using hash?
(Since most videos and info is regarding weed)
@jjooll - I never release the carb, I keep it closed the whole time. I take SLOW mouth pulls and then inhale - just like when I used to smoke and for me this works like a charm.

Frickr

Well first off i have to say i havent been active on the forums for quite some time now. However i occasionally come back here to see whats new in the vapor world. This forum has been very instrumental in my journey to vaping 99% of the time. Thanks to all the fine folks here and the wealth of knowledge, i picked myself up a ti omni. Needless to say, i love this thing!

My first love is/was my purple days. I used my sapele days up till a few months ago when it finally started to slowly die. It might be i havent been able to find a good dc cord i cant distroy in a few weeks since the one i got before radioshack closed its doors finally died late last year. Sad day for me this was one of the last specials Tom made before he moved on to new adventures in life. I tried the epic vape and if you followed that thread i was the one that that had his malfunction shorted a wire to the metal base fully energizing it... they took care of me by replacing my unit and sending me a free enano. The original epic had a second cord failure and lost or broke all the glass for it so it now resides in my vape graveyard. My enano was my daily for quite awhile and with a custom machined brass adapter to allow the use of pd stems i felt was nearly perfect aside from the hot brass above the wood. But not long in its life the potentiometer malfunctioned so it had two settings, off and high. Still usable by manually clicking the nano on and off to regulate the heat till to much the sane falure, the wires shorted against the base. After a phone call and being told they would call me back and never doing so I decided to give up on that product line.

Which brings me to my omni. It fills my sweet spot of a small bowl. No electronics to fail and portable sold me. Now if i could match it up with a robust lighter that i can not destroy i would be set. Managed to melt the insulation on the ignition wire on a vertigo cyclone in less than a month. My dabbing torch has no ignition and requires a multihanded juggling fire and hot things dance of using a second lighter to light the torch to heat the omni.

Through this journey i have found that i can destroy things most have no issues with. I sware i should be a failure testing tech as i seem to find any weaknesses. I have also turned many onto vaping in general. The omni gives me what i loved about the pd and my modified nano with a microdosed sized bowl that leaves me with just the right amount of high to be productive and clear headed. So if this omni can give me years of dependable service it will be well worth the cost.

JamesTiberiousKirk

Been away awhile, but I saw the DV YouTube re: the VC OG.

Just had to have one.

Did I need to have one? Of course not. Especially since glass and I mix like a concrete floor and glass. It always ends up as glass shards.

I will likely keep it in its tube. Only taking it out occasionally to show my grandchildren about how we vaped in the olden times.

Now I just need to make some children who will eventually make grandchildren.

Seems kinda complicated and expensive though.

I'll just probably show it to friends on New Years Eve.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:mmmm:Get a baker’s dozen , then when the time come—soon enuf,
you can give your legacy to each one ...:cheers::spliff:

Vape, get baked, and propagate. :)

A Capital Project.

(Good thing I still have some old glass OG. Somewhere.)

Last edited:

Ricardo

Caught some of the broadcast last night - missed most of it trying to sign in to YouTube on this phone and ended up getting locked out of that account :uhoh:
Anyway, caught a couple of vintage clips of George and a big shout out to us lot here on FC Very nice little walk down Memory Lane. :)

Vaporware

Caught some of the broadcast last night - missed most of it trying to sign in to YouTube on this phone and ended up getting locked out of that account :uhoh:
Anyway, caught a couple of vintage clips of George and a big shout out to us lot here on FC Very nice little walk down Memory Lane. :)

In case you didn’t know, their livestreams are posted on YouTube when they’re over so you can always go back and watch the rest if you want to. :)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
i have taken to watch the DV Live shows after showtime. This way I can avoid the
sometime glitches, and the bumps, during live time. Less stress.

This time it was relatively bump free, and the content was interesting.

Perhaps DV should shoot the evolution of the tiny VapCap, to its full glory these days. :wave:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Great DynaVap live last night. Loved the old clips. “Don’t worry, no one will see this” George: “you sure about that?”

Ordered an OG (despite having recently picked one up in classifieds). I don’t see the burl stash George mentioned.

I’m enough of a nerd/fan I would totally use that DynaVap coffee mug (when it’s not made out of PLA)

I am super tempted by the Omni/m deal, but just not sure I need another Omni (have both the Omni and xl).

I guess I could turn it into a spinning mouthpiece Omni?

almost there

I swore when I got my 14th vapcap that it'll be the last one..for a while:D, leave it to George to find a way to lure me back. I was never that interested in the OG back when it was offered but now that it's not it's a must have:nod:. The challenge now is to try not to add another one to my order before it ships, I'm such a sucker, label anything "limited" and I'm all over it

Vaporware

Great DynaVap live last night. Loved the old clips. “Don’t worry, no one will see this” George: “you sure about that?”

Ordered an OG (despite having recently picked one up in classifieds). I don’t see the burl stash George mentioned.

I’m enough of a nerd/fan I would totally use that DynaVap coffee mug (when it’s not made out of PLA)

I am super tempted by the Omni/m deal, but just not sure I need another Omni (have both the Omni and xl).

I guess I could turn it into a spinning mouthpiece Omni?

You can replace the Omni condenser with a standard or XL condenser and a spinning mouthpiece, but you can’t have both the Omni condenser’s functionality and a spinning mouthpiece at once (at least with current parts).

Also, with the burl stashes I think he said they just had a few and they were going to give them away to people who had posted VapCap pics on Instagram or something like that.

StringTheorista

D3_BD9208-_F7_FC-416_C-88_B5-_AEB1569_B88_E8.jpg

Liking Sneaky Pete’s a lot. These two water pieces, a mini J hook and a mini bubbler, were freebies with the DaVinci Miqro I bought last week. Haven’t tried the bubbler yet, but the little J hook is a perfect match for a vapcap
(Torch and vapcap to show scale)

Last edited:

analytika

Really disappointed in George and Dynavap to see them sending mass emails using Constant Contact, the intrusive tracking service that wires into the links of every email custom URLs that track your user identity, IP address, every single click through, and which, to make matters worse, stores that information on a third party web site with, last I looked, what appeared to be dubious protections for privacy and possible transparency to law enforcement. Absolutely tone deaf and, I hope, unacceptable to this community.

Last edited:
Top Bottom