Vaporware

Been a while since I've posted in this thread; coming here for advice. VAS has hit and I'm considering picking up a new Vapcap. The thing is, I have a few Ms which I use daily (currently 100% of my vaping) with a portside mini and am curious as to whether or not any other item in the Dynavap lineup would be a considerable upgrade from this setup apart from aesthetics ie: different woods etc.

Or should I (gasp) consider an different , new vape to add to my collection?

That really depends on what you like. I personally prefer the Omni XL with a titanium tip and sometimes a hemp fiber filter in it, but the M is good too. The stainless steel tip on the M has more draw restriction than I like though, and the shorter body is a little less easy to handle for me.

You can also look at the bodies made by other users here, either with the tip you have or with a new titanium tip. Those are often made without carb holes or condensers which changes things a bit.

If you want something very different there are a lot of good options out there, but there’s still more to explore in the VapCap world. :)

Ricardo

I’ve found something similar but haven’t really talked about it yet. Since I picked up the FP and started out using small amounts (which was right after a break), I kept feeling like I had a very low tolerance.

To me it’s not a “better Lift” but a higher chance of unwanted effects like anxiety, but I’m guessing many people would feel it the way you do. When I finally decided to just throw a lot in the bowl and deal with whatever mental effects came because I needed to get more in me for medicinal purposes I was surprised to find that it was *less* likely to be a problem.

More on topic, I’ve been finding the same with the VapCap with Ti tip adjusted to the smallest setting vs the largest.

I don’t know if most people would have the same results, but for me this is most noticeable the first time I use it in a day, so anyone who wants to experiment might want to try each way when they start on different days.
Hi @VaporWare. I'm not sure I fully understand but I'm very interested in your theory. I only have vaping experience with Vapcaps and the DaVinci Ascent and I know I get way higher with way less in any VapCap, Ti or Steel tip, it doesn't matter.
But, are you saying it's better to use more weed than less? I ask because my default setting on the Ti's is smallest and I've Jesus-Clipped the M to much the same capacity and generally speaking, and depending on the product, that will get me nicely buzzed but not stoned, stoned. A full chamber will zonk me out.
However, my friends and family used to laugh at me when I got so high on so little....:rofl: and yes, there were a couple of paranoid moments but I've seen my tolerance rise a bit and can now pretty much calculate how high I'll get and for how long. When I want to get zonked I'll go back to back to back.
I may have wandered way off your argument but I think I'm saying that (for me) micro- dosing is good but not nano-dosing. :2c:

Last edited:

Vaporware

Hi @VaporWare. I'm not sure I fully understand but I'm very interested in your theory. I only have vaping experience with Vapcaps and the DaVinci Ascent and I know I get way higher with way less in any VapCap, Ti or Steel tip, it doesn't matter.
But, are you saying it's better to use more weed than less? I ask because my default setting on the Ti's is smallest and I've Jesus-Clipped the M to much the same capacity and generally speaking, and depending on the product, that will get me nicely buzzed but not stoned, stoned. A full chamber will zonk me out.
However, my friends and family used to laugh at me when I got so high on so little....:rofl: and yes, there were a couple of paranoid moments but I've seen my tolerance rise a bit and can now pretty much calculate how high I'll get and for how long. When I want to get zonked I'll go back to back to back.
I may have wandered way off your argument but I think I'm saying that (for me) micro- dosing is good but not nano-dosing. :2c:

For me a good comparison is the Ti tip in the smallest position which holds about 0.01g hitting my head more vs the largest which is about 0.075g going more to my body.

I would agree I can get a more “stoned” feeling with the largest setting, and for taking care of pain I think the larger doses are better, but when I use the smallest setting it actually goes to my head more in what I imagine would be a high to most people, but to me is usually more anxiety-inducing which is why I think I’ve believed my tolerance was very low for quite a while now.

Now I believe it has more to do with the different way a small amount hits me than a larger amount does.

That still may not be clear enough, but I hope it makes some sense? It seems to line up with what you were saying. :)

Ricardo

That still may not be clear enough, but I hope it makes some sense? It seems to line up with what you were saying. :)
Yeah, I'm with you most of the the way there. I don't vape for pain (thankfully) and I agree that a full on full chamber (again, depending on quality, strain, potency etc.) will generally leave me grinning from ear to ear with no anxiety but I can't do that as often as I'd like. Whether anxiety creeps in with smaller doses is totally dependent on what I need to do or what is happening around me.
EDIT : I think the smallest Ti setting is 0.03, unless you put in less of course.

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/f...heaters-for-dynavap.33573/page-5#post-1311714

This guy has some nice pocket size designs he is working on.....

Been watching with a keen eye

DV only has a mug version happening atm....PSM is smaller than that
I’ve been following him too. I really like his Mother Fluxer but , honestly it looks dangerous. I want more battery life in a smaller package than the PSM. I may buy one of his when the kinks are worked out. There’s a guy from Germany that makes one that rivals the PSM and is waterproof. I’ll decide after Thursday’s DV episode too see if there’s anything new.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I’ve been following him too. I really like his Mother Fluxer but , honestly it looks dangerous. I want more battery life in a smaller package than the PSM. I may buy one of his when the kinks are worked out. There’s a guy from Germany that makes one that rivals the PSM and is waterproof. I’ll decide after Thursday’s DV episode too see if there’s anything new.

While it is possible DV may showcase its coffee mug IH (unlikely), it could be re-introducing
The OG glass VC this Thursday.

I found it gave a pure taste, but the good experience can be shattered when dropped.

My guess on Thursday’s surprise.

As for the development of a portable IH, I would like a robust, durable unit which is portable,
And not explode in my face. YMMV.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
So what is happening on youtube, it’s shutting down cannabis related shows? :shrug:

DV is going to go on Thursday??? Or no.

Youtube has been knocking weed-related stuff off for months-nothing new there. But DV's channel is still there, it hasn't gone dark like some of the others. As far as I know retailers/manufacturers haven't been hit as hard as cannabis reviewers/vloggers. :2c:

almost there

While it is possible DV may showcase its coffee mug IH (unlikely), it could be re-introducing
The OG glass VC this Thursday.

I found it gave a pure taste, but the good experience can be shattered when dropped.

My guess on Thursday’s surprise.

As for the development of a portable IH, I would like a robust, durable unit which is portable,
And not explode in my face. YMMV.
OG would be nice for sure but i’d rather have a limited run of the woody’s, a little bit of variety would be welcomed whichever it may be

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@mucsusn, Lunch?

We need PyroVaps! Let’s hop! Da bop.

Lunch + VapCap = “Civil” + ice

2w7ixkm.jpg
r

GtrBob

Love hazy IPA's. They go so good w/ herby VapCap'n, Cap'n.

Found a plastic B-24 kit for a buck at a garage sale [missing a part or two].
Today I'm painting and gluing it up.

Kind of a hazy day for this but I got the wings together. Check out the cool propellers.

DSCN0437_zps2ns09d1l.jpg

I forgot to take the pic w/ the brew so here's an internet shot.
This stuff must have some of the same 'terps', as do other good ales nowadays.
What a good era for beer we are in. :-)

hazylittlething2018canglass.png

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
Just give us the IH already!
I would like to know what kind of issues are they having with the DV IH that someone can’t figure out. Is it an issue that other models have overcome or will other models have the same issues in the long run. At the end of the day I want something compact, robust, with plenty of battery life ( and safe ). I’ll be patient until someone claims that status. :rofl:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Love hazy IPA's.

I forgot to take the pic w/ the brew so here's an internet shot.
This stuff must have some of the same 'terps', as do other good ales nowadays.
What a good era for beer we are in. :-)

hazylittlething2018canglass.png
That’s my go-to at the moment. Can’t beat it for the price for a decent NEIPA.

In other news, got a BEAUTIFUL new stem from a member here, but I’m about to crash. Pictures to follow.

Top Bottom