LesPlenty

Company Rep
A good thing about VapCaps is that they can easily handle 62% RH buds. Some vapes struggle with
that moisture level and require some drying action to lower RH before vaping properly.
62% can also gum up grinders, too bad you can`t get the 58% ones anymore, Mason jars with a hygrometer in each works best for me! I just purchased 36x 1 quart(950ml) jars that cost about AU$160 and the hygrometers are about a buck each for small digital ones.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
62% can also gum up grinders, too bad you can`t get the 58% ones anymore, Mason jars with a hygrometer in each works best for me! I just purchased 36x 1 quart(950ml) jars that cost about AU$160 and the hygrometers are about a buck each for small digital ones.
I see lots of the 58% ones available on both Amazon and EBay in the US. They aren’t available in Aussie?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I read somewhere on FC that they were no longer available :hmm:, thanks for the tip, oh well, I am happier to use a hygrometer and keep my stash at 60%(perfect for me) and not have to worry about when to swap Boveda`s. If the humidity gets a bit high I can burp it and if low I can always drop a piece of the latest harvest trunk in to raise it, no artificial things needed.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Today the weather was gloomy, periods of thunder and lightning showers. A slow day to stay inside...

But the gloom lifted after my trip to the Post Office. I was rewarded with a package from Greece! It had been in transit for almost exactly a month!!! It arrived in Canada and sat in the Customs office for weeks. Boy, they must be backed up.

I opened the package and there it was; a stunning @stardustsailor creation that he calls an RCCS (Resin composite coated stem), a titanium stem that has a bonded resin and mica coating. Mine has a combination of Bewitched and Bejeweled mica pigments.

The stem and matching mp is much more stunning than pictures can convey. The mica gleams and reveals hidden colors as you twirl it. It's hypnotic.

The resin is very hard but has a soft silky feel to it. It is grippy and has the perfect degree of traction for twirling and the slightly wider stem profille fits perfectly in my hand. The stem is warm to the touch, like wood, belying the titanium core beneath it.

I fitted the stem with a 5th generation tip and heated the cap. The vapor was cool and the stem stays cool too, the resin seems to have an insulating effect.
1o2e6u.jpg

The mouthpiece has a matching inlay, milled into a convex band. The mp also does double duty in that it can be used to set a screen into the tip or tamp a load. Very handy and super functional. I love that mp!

2r1zp77.jpg

I'm really loving this stem. The resin coated titanium stem is a winner.

It reminds me of this guy...
293j6s8.jpg

I call it my Poison Dart Cap.

So that's what I did today; tested a new stem while watching the storm clouds gather. It was a perfect day.

Dear @Squiby, it's my pleasure to tell you that your new beautiful piece is the 1000th pic in my Pinterest "Best of VapCap" collection!

@ClearBlueLou , do you know that you can rehydrate your bovedas?

1. Put your dry bovedas into a jar with still too moist fresh herbs. The bovedas will suck of the moisture pretty fast and will come back to life

or

2. Put you dried bovedas in an open jar and put this glass in a - closed - bigger one filled with 1, 2" of water. After 2-4 days your bovedas will be fresh again.

Last edited:

nuno

Papi

SevGen
I sent you a message!

Ok guys! I’m super excited! The “cloak” was a success. This Ebony Cloak with axial magnet works great! And is sleek! I’m still working on the interstates condenser and mouth piece stems, which will make these even cooler! I’m almost there, a few more bugs to work out. What do you guys think!??

339rt47.jpg

2wgt9uw.jpg
@primitiveorganic the cloak looks great.
You've done a lot in the past few weeks.
Sending you a message. Cheers

Squiby

Hello!

anyone tried this system with hash already?

I only use concentrate pads for melty concentrates like shatter and rosin.

But for hash it's only in the preparation of the hash itself. I use a regular tip, no pad or sandwich required. I just tear off a bit of soft Afghan hash and press it between my fingers to form a thin flat pancake. Pop that into the herb chamber and heat a few seconds after the click. If you have rock hard Moroccan hash, shave a thin slice off with a razor blade.

I never crumble my hash into the bowl. But if you do, you'll likely want a hemp filter to stop any bits from entering the vapor path.

Last edited:

primitiveorganic

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Quite a handsome looking rig. :) I likes Caps!

Out of curiosity, how is the cap secured, from accidental loss as an EDC?

What is an “interstates” condenser? :wave: Your wooden stems will incorporate “integral” condensers,
with mouthpieces? :cool::tup:
The axial magnet serves as 2 purposes, to not only take of the hot cap while using the vapcap, but to also secure it to the tip while carrying. I engineered it so it’s just enough magnetic pull to stay on, but not to much to where it will pull the cap off when you remove the cloak!

I did mean “Integral” haha

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
i'm a lucky guy:
you heard that bridge collapsing in Genova today?
i just passed there 15 minutes before.
So dynavap doesn't scare me :argh:
(joking about it and i did transit over it few minutes before but it's a huge tragedy)
How frightening. I'm glad you are safe, and my heart is breaking for those who aren't. It is a terrible tragedy.

Today the weather was gloomy, periods of thunder and lightning showers. A slow day to stay inside...

But the gloom lifted after my trip to the Post Office. I was rewarded with a package from Greece! It had been in transit for almost exactly a month!!! It arrived in Canada and sat in the Customs office for weeks. Boy, they must be backed up.

I opened the package and there it was; a stunning @stardustsailor creation that he calls an RCCS (Resin composite coated stem), a titanium stem that has a bonded resin and mica coating. Mine has a combination of Bewitched and Bejeweled mica pigments.

The stem and matching mp is much more stunning than pictures can convey. The mica gleams and reveals hidden colors as you twirl it. It's hypnotic.

The resin is very hard but has a soft silky feel to it. It is grippy and has the perfect degree of traction for twirling and the slightly wider stem profille fits perfectly in my hand. The stem is warm to the touch, like wood, belying the titanium core beneath it.

I fitted the stem with a 5th generation tip and heated the cap. The vapor was cool and the stem stays cool too, the resin seems to have an insulating effect.
1o2e6u.jpg

The mouthpiece has a matching inlay, milled into a convex band. The mp also does double duty in that it can be used to set a screen into the tip or tamp a load. Very handy and super functional. I love that mp!

2r1zp77.jpg

I'm really loving this stem. The resin coated titanium stem is a winner.

It reminds me of this guy...
293j6s8.jpg

I call it my Poison Dart Cap.

So that's what I did today; tested a new stem while watching the storm clouds gather. It was a perfect day.
Gorgeous.

They're so much fun though!

DDDH - DDave Double Helix
27xe0rc.jpg
Wait, what? What is the bigger Grav Helix from? I need that awesoneness. The rest from DDave? Payday better hurry; I'm desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:

hopla

How frightening. I'm glad you are safe, and my heart is breaking for those who aren't. It is a terrible tragedy.
very nice of you, thank you.
I'm just one of the 10 of thousands people who transited over that bridge that day. (they nicknamed it "Brooklyn" as it is a huge bridge you can't miss when you travel on this highway, passing literally through the buildings of Genova)
Life is a lottery, some cruel events leave us dumbfounded.

nuno

I only use concentrate pads for melty concentrates like shatter and rosin.

But for hash it's only in the preparation of the hash itself. I use a regular tip, no pad or sandwich required. I just tear off a bit of soft Afghan hash and press it between my fingers to form a thin flat pancake. Pop that into the herb chamber and heat a few seconds after the click. If you have rock hard Moroccan hash, shave a thin slice off with a razor blade.

I never crumble my hash into the bowl. But if you do, you'll likely want a hemp filter to stop any bits from entering the vapor path.
Thanks for the answers, people.
But my problem is about the cleaning. do you clean the device after every use? i have mostly afghan hash like plasticine, and it sticks everywhere

FlushedNotRushed

Since we are on the topic of cleaning the device, I plan on cleaning it once a week. Now, in order to do so, I just dissemble the device and remove both o-rings from the condenser. Then, I just put all the parts into an iso bath over night followed by a good rinse and it should be cleaned, correct?

Also, do we throw the cap in some ISO as well? Just plan to use ISO 91% as I am in CA and everclear isn't a readily-available option. Thank you!

Squiby

But my problem is about the cleaning. do you clean the device after every use? i have mostly afghan hash like plasticine, and it sticks everywhere

I clean my Vapcaps every month or so, but I do rotate several at a time. If I were only using one Vapcap, I might clean it every two weeks of so.

Heat and toke your soft hash until it is spent and crumbles. Then just dump it out. The bowl should remain relatively clean.

To clean your Vapcap a quick swipe with an ISO moistened Q-Tip around the bowl and pushed through the condenser will do the trick.

If your hash melts when vaped, rather than remaining in a pancake shape, then I would treat it as a concentrate and use a concentrate pad or wrap it in degummed hemp fiber or even make a herb sandwich.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Unless you are doing something wrong, or using concentrates (I guess), there should be little need to clean the cap. For a regular clean of an all metal VC I tend to run an ISO soaked q-tip through the condenser a couple times and drop the tip into an ISO bath for an hour or so and then wipe it out with ISO soaked q-tip. That is usually all it needs.

Maybe once a month or so I may do a cleaning like the one you described if it seems like the basic cleaning isn't keeping it clean enough.

StoneMan

Wait, what? What is the bigger Grav Helix from? I need that awesoneness. The rest from DDave? Payday better hurry; I'm desperate.

The mouth piece is a 14mm Helix Multi Mouthpiece attached with a metal keck clip to a 14mm Helix Pre-Mix Chamber. Search Helix on the Grav website and you'll find them(I'd link them but not sure about the rules on that). The rest is a 14mm DDave water wand and vapcap.

I use the DDave water wand with it because I love all glass set ups but it sits kinda deep in the Helix and it doesn't go off properly when you only use 1 Helix.

A Vong without a mouthpiece and the carb shutoff makes the helix effect really pronounced. That's normally what I use when I'm trying to show it to people.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I am getting the more pocket friendly version from Grav’s
spin-off, American Helix: the Solo, as it is more pocket friendly.

May have to adapt the joint however, as the Solo bowl looks like it is bigger than 10mm.

At 10mm, the Solo Stinger seems an ideal fit. :hmm:

—$a-$OLD out, almost everywhere....

jsnero.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom