nukku

Straight to lung with carb closed? You either have some iron lungs buddy or some weak herbs! Welcome to the party anyhow!

:D Iron lung I don't know but I like big hits. EDIT: I'm an old bong / bucket bong head.

For me it is easier to suck it straight to lung than mouth pulls. With glass attached very easy to pull till the first click. With just the M sometimes I let little air trough the carb in the middle of the pull. Depending on the cycle of course.

DirtyD

Hey guys quick question. I did some research here, but I couldn't find something (so hard to explore the deep jungles of this thread). Any advice on how to remove lip gunk from wooden parts? I've been using just a drop or two of iso on a q-tip and then some dynawax. Just want to see if you guys have a more effective way of cleaning.
Thick paste of baking soda and 1 part iso 1 part water. use steel wool to apply/ scrub in.rinse, Dry then use dry steel wool to polish. Cheers, D

DirtyD,
Reactions: Lady V

lookhigh

FC member
Steel wool removes the top coat of the wood. Good if you want to put a different finish on your stem. It also leaves lots of metal dust residue. Never use without face mask.

Guiltfeeder

Dynavap and disc golf
So I got my Bi-colored cocobolo ER stash today and... Oh.... MY.... GOODNESS... This thing is just beautiful!!! If I can figure out how to upload pics, I will post a “family photo” later. I am super anxious to show off my almost completed custom IH box. Is imgur still acting funny? Go figure I finally am ready to share and things get wonky!!

I hope you all are enjoying the day/night! I’m about to go sweat my ass off while throwing some plastic at some baskets!! Any DG players in here??

Edit: I also meant to add I picked up an extra cap as well and I was sent what looks like an older version so I wonder if all of the talk of the recent caps has them going back to the older versions? It’s similar to the cap I got with my Blackwood Woody from PIU which was older stock if I’m not mistaken.

@Lady V I have had to deal with removing lipstick and lip gloss for many many years. Try regular plain Vaseline petroleum jelly or plain white vinegar.

I am usually dealing with clothing or skin so I don't know how well the Vaseline will work with wood but it is amazing on removing it from skin.

Also, recently the item they call 'baby wipes' works very well.

Good luck.

sirwalter

Its nice to see that dynvap has some G2 dynastash back in stock. I had been told those were discontinued. I hope they decide to keep making them. I don't have much use for the stash side of regular dynastash...but I REALLY like carrying two packed vapcaps.

I got a mystery anodized omnivap xl stem to replace a very rough one I got during the 420 sale. I wasn't really expecting to care much about the anodizing, but Im really impressed with how nice it looks. Hope they make the mystery gradient a regular thing.

Lady V

@Lady V I have had to deal with removing lipstick and lip gloss for many many years. Try regular plain Vaseline petroleum jelly or plain white vinegar.

I am usually dealing with clothing or skin so I don't know how well the Vaseline will work with wood but it is amazing on removing it from skin.

Also, recently the item they call 'baby wipes' works very well.

Good luck.

Thankfully I haven't used my cocobolo while wearing lipstick yet. Whenever that's the case I go for my trusty M. However I appreciate the input!

Reads more like how to polish a cap than resurface wood.

Sometimes I doubt my english comprehension a bit... Do you mean it's safe even though it reads as if it's not?

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What I mean is that that solution seems right if you are cleaning the cap and wrong if you are cleaning wood, but the woodworkers in here are much more knowledgeable than I.
Personally I have no interest in cleaning the outside of a cap. I like the patina it gets. I like the look of a used cap.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@SneakyPeteVaporizers the Globe is a Home Run of Global proportions. I will be ordering another in a couple of weeks. It's glass. And I believe in redundancy in glass I can afford.

I was shocked at the size. I knew to expect small, but it's really tiny. And me using the glass mouthpiece is kind of comical. Like an adult trying to play a trumpet made for a 4 year old. So that piece is getting stashed with other glass that I haven't figured out how to use.

I've not liked whips in the past, but I dig the heck out of this. I've cut it into three pieces: small, medium, & large. It's perfect as a handheld bong for any of my vapes. I've had it for about an hour and tried it with both of my DDave Wands and my Milaana. Best water experience I've had with a vaporizer.

Really cools the vapor, wonderful taste, and the joints are so damn tight. Really well made, and made to tight specs. It's small enough, and easy enough to clean that I will probably use it with everything except my Lil' Bud, but I don't use my Lil' Bud through water.

The @DDave Water Wands + Sneaky Pete Globe = civilized

The only thing that might make it better is an '18 SS tip, and those arrive tomorrow.

@Sneaky Pete :clap::tup::rockon::cheers:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
So DynaVap had anodized gold VapCaps not too long ago. For the
Moment I said MEH—and now they are gone.

Luckily I manage to dig up a bottle of propane and fired up the sucker on an Omni body.

The result looks somewhat like the color of the shell casing, and the Aomai lighter. Guess I
Saved a few pence !

2a4o3vb.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
So DynaVap had anodized gold VapCaps not too long ago. For the
Moment I said MEH—and now they are gone.

Luckily I manage to dig up a bottle of propane and fired up the sucker on an Omni body.

The result looks somewhat like the color of the shell casing, and the Aomi lighter. Guess I
Saved a few pence !

23idti1.jpg

You not only figured out how to post pics, you've figured out how to defy gravity.

I bow to your excellence.

Guiltfeeder

Dynavap and disc golf
I want to try to post a photo of my collection. I have downloaded the imgur app on my iPhone, and I uploaded a private post with some pictures. When I open the post and go to the share option it only gives me one link to copy. If I paste the link here it will only link to the imgur post and you will have to leave this page to view,correct? Does anyone know if it’s possible to upload the pics from there to here using an iPhone?

Guiltfeeder

Dynavap and disc golf
Just go to Tinypic on your phone's browser and upload from there? That site works fine, it's just imgur so screw 'em!
When I try to upload it pops up a spam filter and I can’t get past that for some reason. I follow its request but it doesn’t do anything when I hit the upload button again.

Figured it out. Here’s my Dynavap collection. Pipes’ skeletor inside a custom Lament Configuration box, DIY gold anodized Omni-Ti, bi-colored cocobolo ER, Ti Blackwood woody-S, Wenge ER, and a couple of Jyarz.

14tas0l.jpg

sy4l8k.jpg

szz7yt.jpg

2zsa3o6.jpg

I’m really happy with the way the box turned out. Started with a 4” softball display cube, and wound up with this after about a month of tinkering with it here and there. I still need to glue a few things in place and I think I’m going to look into putting some sort of clear coat on the whole thing to try to keep the vinyl from peeling.

Huge shout out to pipes for the amazing IH, and I apologize for editing this post so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom