alex91

You eliminated the cap and tip by using it on the M17, and eliminated the o-rings.... Unless the condenser is clogged then it must be caused by demons.

"If the obvious is eliminated ... Blame demons" - Sherlock Holmes

To be honest I’m also baffled. Not sure what’s going on.

I’ve not eliminate the cap. Without the cap it works ok, but I’ve switched the cap already (I have 3), still no luck.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So I've had a lucky morning!
I woke up today and realised that my Silo case and Omnivap were no longer in my possession :doh:
I was in the park last night until near midnight, enjoying one of the rare UK evenings that's actually warm until such time. I cycled back there at about 8:30 this morning to quickly find my Silo on the grass :tup:

The weirdest part is that an hour later. I found that there was no weed in the herb side of the Silo case. I'd packed it full last night as I went out, but didn't actually vape at all!!! Someone found it, unscrewed it, took the weed, and then screwed it together and left it there!!??
I couldn't be happier, but I just don't understand how that played out!?
:peace:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
2wn2scz.jpg

There may be one dexterous chipmunk staggering around

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
There may be one dexterous stoned chipmunk staggering around v
It would be a squirrel here, but god i hope so :rofl:

Congrats! What a nice guy just taking the weed but let you the equipment.
Well that's all i can imagine happening. And i love it!

If the plan was NOT to leave it in place so the owner (me) might find it... Then how does anyone leave something as intruiging and beautiful as an all ti omni in a silo case?

No, i think they found the case discovered the weed, were the kind of people happy to find weed, realised that the rest of the contents was something 'special' the owner would likely come looking for and left it :tup:

Smokey McVape

My 18M tip was completely useless until I filed it, there was literally NO air flow at all. I tried moving the cap out a bit and it just sucked straight back up against the tip.
The end of the M18 tip is completely flat, so when the flat end of the cap is against it and held in place by you sucking at it, there's nowhere for any air to get, the helix does nothing.
@Skunkport - Sorry but this is just not true.
Dynavap wouldn't sell a single unit if it had no airflow at all as you claim.
My guess is that you may be overpacking the bowl which will certainly impede air flow but not fully restrict it. The double helix is a big improvement over the 17M tip - I have both. My 17M tip has been filed my 18M tip has not and I get roughly the same airflow through both. I'm an ex-smoker like you and I like the tight 'joint-like' pull you get from the 2018M. Try mouth to lung pulls if you haven't already and you will notice a difference.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
So I've had a lucky morning!
I woke up today and realised that my Silo case and Omnivap were no longer in my possession :doh:
I was in the park last night until near midnight, enjoying one of the rare UK evenings that's actually warm until such time. I cycled back there at about 8:30 this morning to quickly find my Silo on the grass :tup:

The weirdest part is that an hour later. I found that there was no weed in the herb side of the Silo case. I'd packed it full last night as I went out, but didn't actually vape at all!!! Someone found it, unscrewed it, took the weed, and then screwed it together and left it there!!??
I couldn't be happier, but I just don't understand how that played out!?
:peace:
Lol, and you’re sure you didn’t smoke it all, leading to you forgetting the silo and Omni? Awesome you found it again!

2wn2scz.jpg

There may be one dexterous chipmunk staggering around
This is possibly the greatest thing I have seen (imagined) yet today, so thank YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How did you lose the chew?
Cold Turkey, I had the flu really bad and just could not physically eat or smoke for 4 days (longest I have gone without pot or tobacco for well over 20 years, I thought if I could go 4 days without tobacco it might be a good time to try and quit. I already had an Arizer Air, but I had hardly used it in the few months I had owned it, I thought I may as well try to give up combusting as well and gave the Air a chance. After about a week I tried a tobacco free joint and found it disgusting? That taste, how did I get to love it so much, 25-30, 2.5 paper spliffs a day since last century :mental:
Tobacco costs also helped to give up (it was over AU$70 for a 50g pouch of tobacco when I last bought any so was costing me AU$100 a week just for the tobacco).
I think the main thing is you have to want to give up, here have been a few parties I have been to where a big ol spliff was being passed around, I thought it smells nice but I know it will taste like shit(That is what I had to keep telling myself, so I did not cave)
All the best with giving the combustion away, I believe the Vapcap would have helped even more than the Arizer Air, just, maybe.....no more tobacco=heaps more money for vapes, I just need to find one that can help me get through more Pot than my S&B Plenty(another great combustion replacement) as I am getting a ridiculous amount piling up since FUCKING COMBUSTUON. :tup:

EDIT; I got the dental induction heater for AU$60 delivered, I will let all know how it goes, in a month or so when I get it.

Skunkport

@Skunkport - Sorry but this is just not true.
Dynavap wouldn't sell a single unit if it had no airflow at all as you claim.
My guess is that you may be overpacking the bowl which will certainly impede air flow but not fully restrict it. The double helix is a big improvement over the 17M tip - I have both. My 17M tip has been filed my 18M tip has not and I get roughly the same airflow through both. I'm an ex-smoker like you and I like the tight 'joint-like' pull you get from the 2018M. Try mouth to lung pulls if you haven't already and you will notice a difference.

Sorry but that is completely true. What I think is that some of the tips are not machined quite right.

Someone posted a picture of theirs, unmodified, that had very slight grooves through the tip as part of the double helix channels.
Mine did not have those grooves, what I think is that the double helix was just a fraction too shallow and didn't cut to the edge.

I tried it with the bowl completely empty.

There wasn't any airflow because there was not, physically, anywhere for the air to flow. Stick a drinking straw against something flat and suck, that's exactly what it's like. If there is no gap between the end of the tip and the cap, there is no possible way to get air in there.

----------------l
------------------------------------l
<---------sucking l
------------------------------------l
----------------l

Squiby

Perhaps you received a defective tip. I just checked mine and spirals go from bottom to top. I would contact DV about yours. I would post pics but imgur doesn’t seem to be working on FC right now.

Mine did not have those grooves, what I think is that the double helix was just a fraction too shallow and didn't cut to the edge.

If you cannot draw from your M and therefore cannot use it, it may be defective as @kuzko suggests. Contact Dynavap with pics of your tip. They will take care of you.

Skunkport

Yeah, except that I immediately googled the problem, found the solution and implemented it, I'm proactive like that when it comes to getting high! My tip now has grooves I made myself with a leatherman file and works fine :D

In other news, my tiny chinese vapcap-size bong arrived! I opened the box and immediately started laughing my head off, I'd seen pictures but I was not prepared for how tiny it actually was. I still keep looking at it and giggling to myself. It works too! No adaptor, nothing, just stuck it in there and went at it. I could see the vapour moving but never felt it on my throat, shocked something this small is actually effective.

apjhh5.jpg

SO TINY!

paehtod

Yeah, except that I immediately googled the problem, found the solution and implemented it, I'm proactive like that when it comes to getting high! My tip now has grooves I made myself with a leatherman file and works fine :D

In other news, my tiny chinese vapcap-size bong arrived! I opened the box and immediately started laughing my head off, I'd seen pictures but I was not prepared for how tiny it actually was. I still keep looking at it and giggling to myself. It works too! No adaptor, nothing, just stuck it in there and went at it. I could see the vapour moving but never felt it on my throat, shocked something this small is actually effective.

apjhh5.jpg

SO TINY!

Try it without water~ you will be BOOM!:brow:

I also like the 18M a lot, the air flow of the 18M SS tip have so much improved, I also filed the tip, the air flow is very close to the LE 7fins ti tip, even better than one of my oldest Gen5 5fin ti tip. I think its not only because the double helix goove outside the bowl, i found the first fin next to the bowl have slightly smaller diameter, compared to the old design, there is 5 to 7 fins with same diameter to all fins, the air only get in the cap thought the groove on the first fin. SO the smaller first fin VS tiny groove on fins, smaller fin allowed a lot more air to get in the cap, i.e. better air flow, this smart small change have very good improved result:tup:

ilkeRF1.jpg

Last edited:

Skunkport

@stark1

$0.93 for MosFet, $1.16 for 20 micro switches, $0.80 for glass tube, $4.98 for the heater and coil, I didn't buy a power supply because I have about 7 leftover from various appliances.

That's $7.87 plus postage for almost all the parts to build an induction heater, using the links off the guide in Pipe's thread. Add power supply and it's done.

EDIT:- Those are US dollars sorry, $10.64 Australian

And I've got 19 micro switches extra, because for some reason it was cheaper to buy 20 than 1.

I'm confused, isn't the point of the water pipe, to have water? You guy's messing with me? :razz:

Smokey McVape

apjhh5.jpg

SO TINY!
@Skunkport - nice job fixing the tip issue - it saves time not having to send it back!
Can you post a link for the chinese water peice please - looks very interesting and definately try it without water. It works and cools the vapour more than you would think.

Skunkport

https://www.dhgate.com/product/mini-glass-beaker-bongs-water-pipes-4-0-inch/392465041.html is the one, someone actually linked it and posted a picture maybe 10-15 pages back, which is where I saw it.

I'd give them credit but I'm too lazy to scroll back and see who told us about it first. :p

Arrived a lot faster than expected, 7 days ago I placed my order at DHGate and this bong, another bigger one (recommended for vapes off chinaglass on reddit) were both delivered today. I might have a McDonalds bong at the post office, though why they didn't hand it to my neighbour with the other 5 packages I don't know...

https://www.dhgate.com/product/the-new-cheap-clear-glass-bottle-bong-it/401484075.html

Skunkport

I'm not sure quite what's going on with my throat since I quit smoking, I was fine inhaling cigs and joints like crazy, now the vapcap is harsh as hell if I do a big blast and even my fury 2 can make me cough sometimes if I take a long, slow draw.

Just used one blast through that tiny bong and I didn't even feel the vapour in my throat, smooth as sin. It was about £8-9 ($11 inc shipping) so well worth it imo.

Top Bottom