mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@stark1 Thanks for the compliments a couple pages back. I might have some stashes to offer for sale at some point, but I have a larger fail rate on them due to drilling without a drill press :( If I do they'll be varied in nature, cheap, with small imperfections here or there. But they'd be unique and functional.

Last round of my Ti-Parts is out :)

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@stardustsailor First let me say, awesome work:tup:
I love my new 6th gen tip, at least as much as the 5fin which is my most used to date. But I'm not a fan of the new polishing levels. I think it kills the beautiful grey of the titanium and makes it more like polished SS, I prefer a more matt, almost brushed finish. When my Omni mouthpiece condenser arrived I had to re polish it because I couldn't stand the mirror finish - Just my preference. :shrug:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@mrb you and @stardustsailor are the Ti Whisperers!

In your next order for tubing, perhaps Damascus, or Timascus? Might be fun to play
With.

Demand for bodies/stems.

Of course, needless to say, @phattpiggie ‘s wooden creations are stellar!

From PP’s post a while back

Damascus steel would look very nice indeed.

£27/$38/ a length. 12mm diameter by 150mm long.
grwJ5X0.jpg

Last edited:

StringTheorista

jr70ksL.jpg

@KidFated, here’s my collection. Carbon fiber is an Omni, Blackwood is Ti spinning MP. Since I’ve gotten the Omni, it and the Blackwood S are most used.

left to right, 18M, carbon fiber Omni xl, cocobolo nonavong XL with ebony MP, Blackwood S with Ti MP, cocobolo nonavong. 17M not in pic, in pieces (tip is on ddave wand)

In other news, the extension tube to turn my Silo into a Silo XL arrived yesterday. Someone had said it seemed too long, but it’s very pocketable, just 5mm longer than a pen. (14.5 cm) I find myself using the silo more than the dynastash, for it’s smaller size in pocket

Tried pic again with tinypic.com. Thanks @cybrguy. (I was seeing image before so can’t tell if it worked)

Last edited:

needalift

Big ups to @VapCap , @Aezhenn , and @Pipes for all having a hand in my new favorite vapcap combo ...
G0EfWIi.jpg

Vapcap = OG 7-fin tip and cap
Pipes = Portside Mini
Both of the above = Perfection
But again I have to say how impressed I am with the VC pipe that @Aezhenn made for me . The draw on this thing is so smooth that it feels like you aren’t getting a real pull , but the clouds say different . Thanks again to each of you that made this combo possible .

Last edited:

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
This Saturday when I got home from a fishing trip I saw that the mailman left me a note that he dropped something at my neighbors so I went there and they handed me a nice package:

2myok6v.jpg

it were the calligraphy tools @Copacetic send me :cool:
I opened it up immediately but I was so tired that I had to wait till the next morning to take it for a spin.

Next morning became the next midday, so while playing a game with my wife I tried the stash and the stem. First of all when we were discussing the whats and the how's I was amazed by what I had to think about in the first place, but @Copacetic really talked me thru it. We decided on going for a really compact design and compact it is. I am really loving it.

Here is a picture of them while using the magnet behind the sliding door (I love sliding doors) it almost looks like an airplane or some kind of submarine
3442gpj.jpg

The body is so tiny.
2gt57y0.jpg

Filling the stash is really nice with that filling trough as well. I have to get a bit of a feeling with how much I should load in one chamber to avoid spoilage but that does not change that I like the system. I really like that I know how much chambers I have left

28s1ym0.jpg

345ezgj.jpg

2e4gni8.jpg

As you can see on the body it isn't straight and it has a couple of orings on it. With this I can easily attach it to any water device I allready have. But for this one I am going to order a special waterpiece. One that fits its beauty and tinyness.

I am really touched by how this came to be. I tell this story to my friends and I can't say enough how heartwarming it is. Not only this absolutely awesome gift from Copa, but there were more people that offered instant help in one way or the other and that reaction is one that I cherish as well. I can even honestly say that the whole experience was pure crap, but this made up for it real real good.

Copa, you went out of your way, we discussed that I was going to get the stash as a gift, but that I would pay for the body. I would have gladly taken that deal, but you greatly improved on that by gifting them both :clap::bowdown::tup: I don't know exactly how or when, but I owe one to the universe and I will pay this one forward! If you ever come near my side of the wall be sure to let me know and I'll get the beers.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
This Saturday when I got home from a fishing trip I saw that the mailman left me a note that he dropped something at my neighbors so I went there and they handed me a nice package:

2myok6v.jpg

it were the calligraphy tools @Copacetic send me :cool:
I opened it up immediately but I was so tired that I had to wait till the next morning to take it for a spin.

Next morning became the next midday, so while playing a game with my wife I tried the stash and the stem. First of all when we were discussing the whats and the how's I was amazed by what I had to think about in the first place, but @Copacetic really talked me thru it. We decided on going for a really compact design and compact it is. I am really loving it.

Here is a picture of them while using the magnet behind the sliding door (I love sliding doors) it almost looks like an airplane or some kind of submarine
3442gpj.jpg

The body is so tiny.
2gt57y0.jpg

Filling the stash is really nice with that filling trough as well. I have to get a bit of a feeling with how much I should load in one chamber to avoid spoilage but that does not change that I like the system. I really like that I know how much chambers I have left

28s1ym0.jpg

345ezgj.jpg

2e4gni8.jpg

As you can see on the body it isn't straight and it has a couple of orings on it. With this I can easily attach it to any water device I allready have. But for this one I am going to order a special waterpiece. One that fits its beauty and tinyness.

I am really touched by how this came to be. I tell this story to my friends and I can't say enough how heartwarming it is. Not only this absolutely awesome gift from Copa, but there were more people that offered instant help in one way or the other and that reaction is one that I cherish as well. I can even honestly say that the whole experience was pure crap, but this made up for it real real good.

Copa, you went out of your way, we discussed that I was going to get the stash as a gift, but that I would pay for the body. I would have gladly taken that deal, but you greatly improved on that by gifting them both :clap::bowdown::tup: I don't know exactly how or when, but I owe one to the universe and I will pay this one forward! If you ever come near my side of the wall be sure to let me know and I'll get the beers.
My pleasure Drex!
I'm glad you like it :tup:
Have you tried the fit in your HGL WonG yet?

I suspect that it might fit 10mm ISO joints too, is that what you're thinking of buying?

needalift

@needalift and @StringTheorista You may want to temporarily switch your image hoster to tinypic.com or imgbb.com or someone else until our site owner makes an appearance and contacts imgur. Imgur is temporarily broken for hosting images here. Folks can see them but only by making more effort than many will.
I was curious . I just opened the forum and couldn’t see my pic . I can now though . Is it still a broken link to everybody else ??

@phattpiggie , love the slideshow homie !!!!

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
My pleasure Drex!
I'm glad you like it :tup:
Have you tried the fit in your HGL WonG yet?

I suspect that it might fit 10mm ISO joints too, is that what you're thinking of buying?

yeah I tried fitting that, but that didn't quite fit well. I forgot to tell you how deep it was, so it won't go in far enough. But the solution to this is even better. I now use a 14mm tapered wong and the o rings make sure that the wood is barely touching the glass. They kind of protect it against scratching. So that worked out quite well.

I am indeed looking out for a 10mm joint water piece that I can use without any extra adapters, that would be very nice. I've seen a thread talking about these kind of pieces. @stark1 has quite a few I've noticed. So they are there.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
yeah I tried fitting that, but that didn't quite fit well. I forgot to tell you how deep it was, so it won't go in far enough. But the solution to this is even better. I now use a 14mm tapered wong and the o rings make sure that the wood is barely touching the glass. They kind of protect it against scratching. So that worked out quite well.

I am indeed looking out for a 10mm joint water piece that I can use without any extra adapters, that would be very nice. I've seen a thread talking about these kind of pieces. @stark1 has quite a few I've noticed. So they are there.

@SneakyPeteVaporizers has some nice stuff in the 10mm department for native water use. Mini bubblers and such.

Copacetic

Phew! :o
I'm glad the 14mm adapter works with the rings!
Airtight?
I feared that the fit might be problematic since I didn't have the same HGL adapter available to do any test fitting.
Does it get narrower than 10mm internally?
I suppose it must if it's bottoming out on something.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was curious . I just opened the forum and couldn’t see my pic . I can now though . Is it still a broken link to everybody else ??
When it is already in your browser cache it will show for you, like when you have gone to the link and opened it manually, back arrowing to the page will show it on the page. Or if you reply to it it should show in the compose window.

Copacetic

Yeah it bottoms out at some point and then it gets narrower. I should've mentioned it, but that 14 mm adapter had a taper inside to 10 mm so it does create an airtight fit, even without the o-rings, but I like them for protection sake.
Well, blind luck seems to have gotten us through where planning failed LOL!

I hope you find a 10mm piece to fit your needs.
If I see any in my travels I'll post them :cheers:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This has happened to me 3 times now and I keep forgetting to mention it. I highly disrecommend (ok, recommend against) leaving a Vong in your glass piece overnight, especially in a 14/18mm low profile adapter. The humidity from evaporating water tends to swell the wood and it can be difficult to separate the pieces. Particularly the low profile adapter which is hard to get a good enough grip on. And don't put the stuck pieces in the freezer to expand the glass because glass contracts in cold. I haven't tried a torch which might help but...

Save yourself the aggravation and just don't leave wood inserted in water pieces.

(This should be safe from the OOC thread, but you guys...) ;)

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
This has happened to me 3 times now and I keep forgetting to mention it. I highly disrecommend (ok, recommend against) leaving a Vong in your glass piece overnight, especially in a 14/18mm low profile adapter. The humidity from evaporating water tends to swell the wood and it can be difficult to separate the pieces. Particularly the low profile adapter which is hard to get a good enough grip on. And don't put the stuck pieces in the freezer to expand the glass because glass contracts in cold. I haven't tried a torch which might help but...

Save yourself the aggravation and just don't leave wood inserted in water pieces.

(This should be safe from the OOC thread, but you guys...) ;)

That's a good warning. And the problem is worse for folks like me who are now encountering higher humidity. Wood swells when humidity is above 60%. (It's why tropical women are so happy). :cool::shrug:

I've noticed my wood pieces are fitting a tad tighter in my WP than they were this winter too.

So watch your wood-you don't want the fit to be too tight.

asdf420

I just have the 2017 M tip that I filed. Do i want the newer M tip, or the Ti tip?
maybe it'd be nice to have it cool down faster, so a Ti tip? But some people coming from the SS tips have been disappointed with the Ti. And I'm not sure I want to go through more heating cycles. But it often feels like i'm wasting a lot of material..

Last edited:
Top Bottom