Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hey all. I need a little help. I have a 2018 M and Nanavong (both purchased within last 2 months).
I feel like I have pretty much mastered my technique with the M ‘18 and am really happy with it.
But I am really struggling with the Nanavong Tip. It seems to combust a lot. If I wait for the click, it combusts. A few times I have been able to take away the flame enough time before click that it tastes reasonable, but even then it is often already burning.
I have switched out caps, bodies and lighters and none of them have made a consistent difference.
Am I making some newbie mistake or is something possibly wrong with this titanium tip?

latulipe999

Hey all. I need a little help. I have a 2018 M and Nanavong (both purchased within last 2 months).
I feel like I have pretty much mastered my technique with the M ‘18 and am really happy with it.
But I am really struggling with the Nanavong Tip. It seems to combust a lot. If I wait for the click, it combusts. A few times I have been able to take away the flame enough time before click that it tastes reasonable, but even then it is often already burning.
I have switched out caps, bodies and lighters and none of them have made a consistent difference.
Am I making some newbie mistake or is something possibly wrong with this titanium tip?

Try not to keep the ti tip inside the flame.

;)

Vaporware

I’ve tried the NonaVonG stem on my Omni XL a few times now, heated to the click. It does get pretty dark after a couple of draws through water, but I haven’t combusted yet.

Is it combusting on the first draw, or could you be pushing it too far?

If you don’t leave any air space at the end of the tip, that might be worth trying. It definitely seems to get darker faster for me when I fill it all the way to the top, so I usually leave a small amount of air space.

Lady V

When I first got my Ti tip I combusted a couple of times. Now I think I got a grip on it. I go just a bit under the middle for the first hit so I get some vapour. After that I can get a really long session by just heating it in the middle. Sometimes I even bathe it in the outter part of the flame. Haven't combusted once since then. Oh I do use a hemp filter sandwich (2 SS ccd screens as I lost my one and only Ti ccd a couple days ago:doh::huh::huh::cry::cry:)

Question though. Do you have the screen set in the smallest setting? I noticed I have to be a bit more careful when I do that.

Ricardo

Okay @Ricardo, let’s put you to the test. Can you make a sentence that uses the word “had” 4 times in a row? Keep it in context (vapcap speak). :)
"I really wish I had.......had..... had.... had a diamond encrusted VapCap" (Maybe I'm a stammerer - cue the PC vigilantes to acccuse me of insensitivity). Nah, it'll be something Past Perfecty, like "I wish I had had a VC 5 years ago . Had I had one I would have been happier earlier", but that's not 4 hads in a row, is it?

natural farmer

Hey bud! Are you angling the lighter as you have seen in Dynavap vids hopefully or you are keeping it perpendicular? It makes a lot of difference.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"I really wish I had.......had..... had.... had a diamond encrusted VapCap" (Maybe I'm a stammerer - cue the PC vigilantes to acccuse me of insensitivity). Nah, it'll be something Past Perfecty, like "I wish I had had a VC 5 years ago . Had I had one I would have been happier earlier", but that's not 4 hads in a row, is it?

Don’t know much ESL, or English for that matter, Bud. I am a semi-literate ex-NYC kinda bum.

Don’t know of any diamond encrusted VapCaps either, but you can easily have had had a Swarovski VapCap body. Comes in pink, as well.

Lucy in the sky, with Swarovski diamonds....

See, had you jumped the gun....

WRQ1XvK.jpg

Hopefully the ID is ~ 8mm....

“People say I'm crazy
I got diamonds on the soles of my shoes
Well that's one way to lose
These walking blues
Diamonds on the soles of our shoes”

If only I coulda have had had some go lucky moola. $39.99. $OLD out.

Last edited:

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings from London.

We decided to depart early before our next show in Berlin and spend a few day making our way across part of Europe.

We left Chicago Tuesday afternoon and landed in Dublin Wednesday morning, caught a cab into the city, dropped the bags and walked towards the city center.

It was a bit of a surprise how there were almost no stores open at 7:30am. We finally found a shop and had a little something for breakfast, then went to buy a hop on hop off bus ticket. What a great idea! How nice to just ride along on the bus until you see something interesting then get off, and then get back on the next one as soon as you're done. I highly recommend these.

Not sure where to begin, it was just a comfortable place to sit for a while and get oriented about the city. Then we stopped and there seemed to be a good place to stop in for a quick visit...
IMG_20180530_104125386_LL_zpsiqgfnrcf.jpg

This was a nice place and the self guided tour was very nice.

The next day it was time to gain some altitude...

IMG-2018.png

The cliffs of Moher. Very beautiful. Also quite amazing at how many people went right around the fence to walk the very edge. It is a 200+ meter or 700 foot drop.

Then a quick stop in the Burren for a few photos.

IMG_20180531_154514356_zpskhxp4ldp.jpg

It is quite a striking landscape. Mostly rock with a blend of wild flowers.

IMG_20180531_155900085_zps76yq5d7a.jpg

Saturday was a busy day. Soon after it was decided I would be returning to Europe, a picture I was hoping to capture came to mind. I hope you like.

IMG_20180602_183105979_HDR_zpsotnuxo8i.jpg

So far it has been a great trip. Amsterdam is next. @Dutch-Mic is coordinating a DynaMeet and eat on Wednesday if anyone is interested, please send him a PM.

To finish up the week, I'll be in Berlin this weekend at Mary Jane. I've heard it is a good show, so stop by if you are in the area.

Last, the blue titanium parts and OmniVaps are available on our website now.

Cheers,

George

Ricardo

Dublin, bejaysus! My old stomping ground :myday: And touring around as well in glorious-looking weather. You know most people down the country don't approve of smoking that ould quare stuff! A rake of pints and a few small ones? Sure, that'll put hairs on your chest but don't be injecting that ould hashish now.
PS: Why would you expect to find anywhere open at 7.30 am? ?
PPS: Love the Stonehenge pic. EDIT: I think you've just won your own competition :lol:

Last edited:

kushkush

happy camper....

Here’s a sentence.... “The vapcap he had had, had had no effect on his daily life except for making it a whole lot better!

I get no credit for that. I learned of this strange little grammar gem a couple of years ago when I saw this sentence... “The faith he had had had had no effect on his life.” And I thought that was very clever. :) (Just google “using the word ‘had’ 4 times in a row” and you’ll find it too.) You did well...and thanks for playing my silly little game. :D (I love English grammar)

:2c:

Top Bottom