ParanoidAndroid998

On the too-cheap-VapCap issue, there are some other possibilities that would explain it. Here are a few:

1. Scammers claim to sell all kinds of products at low prices and never send them out or hit people with some other kind of catch.

2. Some VapCaps have been pretty cheap. If someone listed an original glass VapCap but put up the picture of one that costs 5x as much, it could be intentional deceit or just an accident.

3. It could be an honest mistake in pricing, maybe listing the entire setup at the price of one part, or even just a typo.

I’m sure I could come up with other possible explanations, so if counterfeit VapCaps have never been confirmed before, it’s worth looking into but I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion without more evidence.
Where are these counterfeit VapCaps? I've never seen them

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I’m sure I could come up with other possible explanations, so if counterfeit VapCaps have never been confirmed before, it’s worth looking into but I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion without more evidence.
Right, that is why I asked for a link. I have a hard time imagining how someone might sell a real VapCap at 20% of it's retail price unless it was stolen. Nor do I think it likely that anyone might be able to produce something that worked (well) at that price. While making a cheap stem or MP is possible, the tip and cap would be MUCH harder. I think something is wrong with this picture...
...i'm pretty sure i got some dynavap kool-aid in my mouth :ko:
I loves me some koolaid...

Squiby

...how do I make sure that what I'm getting is an original, and not a copy/fake?...I found this site where they're available for 1/5 of the price, but it seems too good to be true. Any advice?

My advice is to only buy from the known Vapcap distributors listed above. Counterfeit Vapcaps haven't been brought up here before. If they are out there I would love to know the source. Can you post a link to the website you found listing underpriced Vapcaps. We may be able to unravel the mystery.

If there is a fake Vapcap, they would likely just post pics of real Vapcaps on their site.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Summer the joint ID is 13.4mm on the helix,

Thank you for at least giving me the ID of the stem.

Now, I would be grateful if you could give me the other measurements I requested? :\ :

1) the length of the stem only
2) the OD of the stem. Since the ID is 13.4, the OD will tell me the strength of the glass.
3) the length & largest diameter of the mp only

If you can only see your way clear to give me 1 measurement, please, the length of the stem so I know if I have enough length for a custom joint to be made for it.

Thank you.

unpro1

Psych
My first 10 days with my vapcap m are over and I feel like I've already mastered the technique to get good hits.

My mini review (lol): Overall this is my favorite vape I've used so far, I enjoy it more than da buddha and arizer solo. I'm pretty sure it is more efficient than both of those vapes, plus its quicker to break out, use, then put away. My tolerance is so low this might be the perfect vape for me. However if your tolerance is high I could see this one being a pain to use. It can sometimes get uncomfortably warm where you hold it after 2 or 3 heating cycles, but that only happens when I use it with a friend and maybe they're heating it incorrectly. However you can still finish an entire bowl pack without breaks, which for me tends to last 5-6 heating cycles. I haven't packed bowls back to back yet, I've been letting it cool down first. So far I've let 3 friends try it and they each enjoyed it a lot.

I'm considering buying spare rubber grommets and an extra cap since those are the only things that could need replacing, and maybe more screens. Though I'm not sure how to remove the screen yet, or if I'll ever need to. I'm interested in using a bong with it soon, also interested in using an induction heater though I do enjoy using a lighter again. I'll probably get a single flame torch lighter to try out because right now I've only used a quad flame one but I've heard they can still vary.

This easily gets a 9/10 from me. It can get you stoned, it can make you cough, it can produce big clouds, plus it has really good flavor. I think if the body were made of wood like the vong, it would be a 9.5 for me.

MinnBobber

Vap Cap in Budapest. I had a rare opportunity today to walk the Budapest Heroes Square at night, with my VapCap helping the mood, on this memorable (for me) Memorial Day.
This heroes memorial/ memorial to past warriors is absolutely breathtaking at night with nobody else there!!!! One can spend time at each sculpture and try to imagine what their life was like. Absolutely amazing experience.

The statue details really come alive under the lights (lights and shadows) and some really pop against the black sky.

Below are 7 of the baddest warriors to ever walk the planet and behind is the symbolic statue for war.
Molr5vL.jpg

But look out Budapest, there's a new sheriff in town and he's been kickin arse and takin names :)
And don't let his size fool you as he packs a big punch.

The VapCap now takes its' rightful place as the 8th hero in Heroes Square........

EBshUDd.jpg

Thank you George!

Vaporware

Where are these counterfeit VapCaps? I've never seen them

I guess I wasn’t clear enough, but that’s what I was saying.

It seemed like some people were missing parts of the conversation and thinking that there were confirmed counterfeit VapCaps out there, so I offered some alternate explanations for the low priced listing hoping that people would reserve judgement and research the issue so we wouldn’t have 5 pages of posts about counterfeit VapCaps that probably don’t exist.

I'm not sure how to remove the screen yet, or if I'll ever need to.

If you take the tip off and the condenser tube out, you can use the condenser to push the screen out the front of the tip. It’s good to have the cap on the tip to make sure you don’t lose the screen though.

You probably won’t need to remove it often though, unless you get a Ti tip that has adjustable screen positions, and then you might want to move it forward for even smaller loads sometimes. For me, they’re still effective. :)

MinnBobber

Thanks @MinnBobber, Budapest is absolutely beautiful and even more so with a loaded vapcap.
.................................................................................................
X2 steama

I vaped right there at the base of the 7 Warriors Monument and it was monumental, literally :)
How much is bail in Budapest??
From the front steps of our hotel, I can actually see the monument.
IMO, the statutes and the detail and the feel of the square was 10X better at night.

............................................................................................
Any tips for using Amsterdam Blok hash, G13 Super Lemon Haze to be exact. 40 years ago. my best hash exper was Red Lebanese but it was probably 6 moths old when I got it. This block has that slight minty tone but is like 100 times stickier.

The stickiesst kind of messed up my Mighty technique, used it there first and it all stuck to the top screen/ melted into the top screen/ clogged the top screen flow/ was solidified firmly into screen, etc. Even when placed with flowers--that just allowed hash to melt onto flowers and then flowers AND hash stuck to Might top screen :)

I've never had anything stick to Mighty top screen but this Block just attacked the Mighty.
Now switching to VC and I think it will work better here----with miniPortside

I did bring hemp fiber and I don't want VapCap clogging issues (and not keeping ABV here) so might put a slight "taco" of hemp fiber around my small dose of hash or hash plus flower??

Suggestions welcomed.
And does it "mean anything" that it melts into a puddle, just fresh or it is very high grade or what??

condor020

.................................................................................................
X2 steama

I vaped right there at the base of the 7 Warriors Monument and it was monumental, literally :)
How much is bail in Budapest??
From the front steps of our hotel, I can actually see the monument.
IMO, the statutes and the detail and the feel of the square was 10X better at night.

............................................................................................
Any tips for using Amsterdam Blok hash, G13 Super Lemon Haze to be exact. 40 years ago. my best hash exper was Red Lebanese but it was probably 6 moths old when I got it. This block has that slight minty tone but is like 100 times stickier.

The stickiesst kind of messed up my Mighty technique, used it there first and it all stuck to the top screen/ melted into the top screen/ clogged the top screen flow/ was solidified firmly into screen, etc. Even when placed with flowers--that just allowed hash to melt onto flowers and then flowers AND hash stuck to Might top screen :)

I've never had anything stick to Mighty top screen but this Block just attacked the Mighty.
Now switching to VC and I think it will work better here----with miniPortside

I did bring hemp fiber and I don't want VapCap clogging issues (and not keeping ABV here) so might put a slight "taco" of hemp fiber around my small dose of hash or hash plus flower??

Suggestions welcomed.
And does it "mean anything" that it melts into a puddle, just fresh or it is very high grade or what??
I mostly vape hash, which is more like skuff actually, I mix it with milled hemp or weed and use or in capsule with cotton over the capsule to avoid it sticks in the top of the mighty but usually I just put in the bowl and add a liquid pad over. For the vapcap I don't put nothinh beside my mix but IAM not sure with hash like Afghan or india charras you LL get same results

Ricardo

CNCgycI.jpg

First mid-morning session after post "no tumours detected" ultrasound results! Not out of the woods yet but, pheeeewww! I know a few of you are/have been in similar situations - scary times!
NonaVong + Green Crack + 'Lil Chinese Bubbler = CIVILIZED

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Didn’t realize you had health issues, @Ricardo!

Tumors are scary shit.

Just went to a funeral of a former supervisor, he was a prick from the get go, but now I
understand.

He had massive tumors in his brain, so he was chewing on everyone’s ass.
In his pain.

Glad you are OK, Bud!

0gU4yzq.jpg

Last edited:

malsanti

These are very different vapes. The only thing they really have in common is that they are butane powered and are capable of hitting hard. The Lotus and Sticky brick/daisy have very open airflow and the VC does not, but the VC hits are very dense so can be quite large without open flow.
I understand that the SB hits very hard, but I am not really a fan of the design as I am uncomfortable with the idea of consuming the full butane exhaust. I understand that most are not concerned with this so it is just a personal objection <g> and it is a very powerful vape that works extremely well.
I have owned the Lotus a long time and find it a great vape, but I always use the WPA rather than the stem so it is always on water (and further from my face). It is a very powerful vape and easy to recommend.
The VapCap is a fantastic incredibly versatile and pocketable vape with unlimited combinations of materials and methods. It can be beautiful or workmanlike, very inexpensive or quite pricey depending on materials and maker. It is a wide open platform for third party hobbyists/vendors. The tighter airpath requires one to learn mouthpulling, but once learned leads to a mouth full of dense vapor just as effective as a more open approach. If one uses their VC with glass the mouthpulling requirement drops away.

All 3 of these are great vapes and will get the job done, buit are very different from one another. Maybe you need them all? :lol:

Thanks for this information. That is what I was looking for. What do you mean by mouthpulling? Like drawing but not inhaling?

I guess everyone does seem to love their VC, so I should go ahead and get one. It would be nice to get all of them, but money is a little tight. And I still have a lot of money to spend on festivals. I will get the Lotus eventually probably, and the SB I was mainly considering because it is on sale and pretty cheap. Almost half off at Namaste vapes.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Thanks for this information. That is what I was looking for. What do you mean by mouthpulling? Like drawing but not inhaling?

I guess everyone does seem to love their VC, so I should go ahead and get one. It would be nice to get all of them, but money is a little tight. And I still have a lot of money to spend on festivals. I will get the Lotus eventually probably, and the SB I was mainly considering because it is on sale and pretty cheap. Almost half off at Namaste vapes.

A 'mouth-pull' is when you use the muscles in your cheeks to suck the vapor in the way you would suck in a milk shake through a straw. Once it's in your mouth you inhale. Many of us use this to take advantage of the draw restriction when the air-inlet is covered or you have the Omni condenser set to max length.

If you're only going to get one and you're saving money for festivals, bless you I'm a musician, the 2018 M is the bomb. $60 plus a torch and you have one of the finest hybrid vaporizers on the planet.

@VapCap travel safe my friend, and make sure to post pictures. You're going to some places that are on my bucket list.

And thank you for the cleaning tip: put some cleaning solvent, ISO for me, and vapcap parts in a DV doob tube, put it in your pocket and go about your day. Body heat warms the iso, walking around is like creating a wash and tumble cycle in my pants' pocket, and a couple of hours later all I had to do was rinse the parts and dry them for a perfectly clean Ti Omni XL. And we celebrated Memorial Day in style.

Cheers, FCers

Kalessin

Hi folks,

Thank you very much to all for your input, suggestions, advice, and theories.

I didn't mean to steer the pot about the existence of fake VC or not, but I did come across them... I need to figure out how to post pics, bear with me pls.

Cheers,
If you can't figure out how to post a picture just post a link to the website, I'm very interested to see what these counterfeits are like

Ricardo

Didn’t realize you had health issues, @Ricardo!
Neither did I !!! But I've had notable, unexplained weight loss and blood work flagged astronomically high levels of Amylase and Lipase. [A week ago I didn't even know I had a Pancreas, let alone that it produces enzymes and proteins... ] Still got to find the imbalance but I'm a lot happier today than I had any reason to expect.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
k

Even at the entry level, the M’ (2018) is so very efficient, it will have paid for itself in very little time.

My Mighty/Plenty are such herbivores, they use to eat up my monthly budget within a week.

Now my budget is cut, and I use the extra for Geo’s flash sales—I am happy (I am a cheap :2c:)!

Therefore my sidekick dawg is also happy!;) — Even if Moose isn’t cheep, a veritable Omni-vore.:lol:

DXKEm9W.jpg

~~~>

Neither did I !!! But I've had notable, unexplained weight loss and blood work flagged astronomically high levels of Amylase and Lipase. [A week ago I didn't even know I had a Pancreas, let alone that it produces enzymes and proteins... ] Still got to find the imbalance but I'm a lot happier today than I had any reason to expect.

Yearly blood tests are very revealing of one’s health; tho unnecessary, I go to the
Veterans’ Adminstration every 6 months. Seems I wow them every time.

So far.

Glad you, too, are OK!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have no greater weakness than bright red hair and an Irish accent. If she were to bring along chocolate and a nice sativa I would wait for the horns to play and the door keeper to arrive...
(I must add that "A Quiet Man" is a favorite movie)

Anyway, yes, Ken's description of sucking a milkshake through a straw is quite apt. Mouthpulls are the best way to hit a VC direct, though a couple tips (current and the LE) make a straight draw a little easier than they were before. It's not all that different than hitting a joint.

And if you put it on a water piece, direct draw works just fine. When at home that is how I usually use my VCs. That and an induction heater.

You'll be one of us in no time. Welcome. :tup:

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
u think u can replicate the 2nd generation omni body, the one with the compacted wires(not the diamonds)? I'd be very interested in getting that
Replicating the machining job done by a CNC ,needs a CNC .
A lathe has a very limited range of maching operations,when compared with a CNC milling machine.
But I 've not quite understood which body you mean .

I've these (but they do not feature the "DYNAVAP" logo on them ) three scraps,saving them to be keyrings .

Are these of 2nd generation OMNI bodies ?

Top Bottom