Kalessin

Id be up for a black tip and cap.
There were a few black caps at one point. I have one. I don't think more than a handful were ever made, they didn't work out extremely well. I forget the process George used but it hardened the steel as a byproduct and made it hard to fit and made the clicking discs wonky since he had to find another method of securing them because they were too tough to crimp like normal.

Kalessin

Yes. That was quite awhile ago. I tried to get one but I missed out. Then I heard (read read) that they didn't work great and the process created a more brittle product.

But that was that process. Maybe there's more than one way to black a cap. Hope springs eternal.
Mine was weird in that it usually would only click once, but eeeeeevery once in a while it would do a normal double click. And I had to squeeze the ever loving shit out of it to get it to fit correctly on my tip. I was pretty sure I was going to break it, but I didn't. I never use it anymore because it was from when the caps were longer and I prefer the shorter versions but it still works.

Last edited:

phos

A month and some change into receiving my first Vapcap, I've combusted for the first time. To make it worst, it was my first time pulling it out in a smoke sesh with my friends. Luckily I had my M18 available in my backpack just for situations like this. I tried to give them as best a plug for the Vapcap as I could, but I feel like I was all over the place. I attempted to explain how it worked briefly since they had never seen a dry herb vape before nor had they seen something that small produce the "fattest clouds." I was wondering how your guys' first time explaining the Vapcap to people was like. I'm still so new at this :lol:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I've combusted for the first time. To make it worst, it was my first time pulling it out in a smoke sesh with my friends.

Now that's embarrassing! I feel your pain! ;)

In answer to your question, watch George's/Dynvap's earlier youtube vids; they're all informative. :nod: & then read the Best of VapCap thread in the Portable Vaporizer forum.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
A month and some change into receiving my first Vapcap, I've combusted for the first time. To make it worst, it was my first time pulling it out in a smoke sesh with my friends. Luckily I had my M18 available in my backpack just for situations like this. I tried to give them as best a plug for the Vapcap as I could, but I feel like I was all over the place. I attempted to explain how it worked briefly since they had never seen a dry herb vape before nor had they seen something that small produce the "fattest clouds." I was wondering how your guys' first time explaining the Vapcap to people was like. I'm still so new at this :lol:

I find that pairing my Dynavap with some clear glass that I can milk up in front of them works wonders in the convincing department.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I'm pretty sure @stardustsailor said on a couple of occasions you can't anodize titanium in black.

Edited to change can to can't.
There can be no true RED -BLACK,WHITE and GRAY hues achieved by ordinary Titanium anodizing
Titanium can be anodized in these colors (similar like Niobium ) :
niobium_color_samples.jpg

Lately,personally I'm kinda fond of the steam punk smokey copperish hues .

cheers.
:peace:

Last edited:

malsanti

Are the XL vapcaps worth the price?

Any information on the difference between them all, I know novong is for water. A lot of them are sold out from the place I want to get it from so I am thinking of getting the woody TI XL.

Also looking between the vapcap, lotus and perhaps sticky brick. Sticky bricks are on sale at this one place. Looking for mainly home use, but the vapcap looks good to me.

gimmiemore

The XL are just a bit longer, some like the feeling of the longer stem while holding the vapcap.
Can't compare the vapcap to the other devices you mentioned, but I can tell you the vapcap is great and I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it, at home or away.

stark1

Lonesome Planet

SDS, wow! Seems bikes, and VapCaps are a natural!

These days I like VapCaps & mountain bikes.

A slim jim OG fantasy to ride with yours:

4hINy81.jpg

~~~~~~~>

@Summer the joint ID is 13.4mm on the helix, only the proprietary adapters will fit;
the VC fat mp will @13mm will almost fit snugly: with an M’ inserted into the fmp, it becomes
a non-issue.

Should not have to fuss....

R808Ycn.jpg

Last edited:

Megaton

@malsanti i have a woody ti xls as well as an M. I use the woody at home and the M when out and about as its practically indistructible and id mind less if i lost it.

The extra length makes it a bit more comfortable to hold/ spin, and i prefer the form factor, so its down to if those things are considerations for you. The woody stems however do feel more fragile obviously.

I also have a sticky brick Jr, and i think they complement each other very well! Namaste vapes also have a really good flash sale on at the moment, so some great sticky brick deals about. Would totally get one if i didnt already have one!

Squiby

Also looking between the vapcap (and) lotus

The Vapcap is like a joint.
It can be heated with just about any heatsource; induction heater, single to quad jet lighters, candles, oil lamps, campfire sticks, solar heaters, stove elements etc.
You heat the Vapcap until you hear The temperature heating click.I
You heat your Vapcap, THEN you toke. No fire close to your face.

The Lotus is like using a pipe.
It is heated with a single jet lighter.
You heat The plate based on experience. There is no "ready" indicator.
You heat you Lotus WHILE you are toking. Fire is always close to your face.

Both are great vaporizers, dry and with water. I find the Lotus to be a bit harsher than the Vapcap.

Vapor4me

Hi people,

I am relatively new in these parts. Owning a Mighty and an Alfa, I've grow curious to the practicalities of "on demand" vaping, and I've been looking at the VapCap for some time now. It seems like a great tool to have in the bush, where you don't need to be afraid of it breaking, running out of power, or what not.

My question is: Living in the EU (and thus unable to buy directly from VapCap) how do I make sure that what I'm getting is an original, and not a copy/fake? The reason why I ask is because finding the differences with a fake Mighty is easy what you know what you're looking for, even in a picture, but with the vapcaps the story is different.

For example, I found this site where they're available for 1/5 of the price, but it seems too good to be true.

Any advice?

Lady V

Hi people,

I am relatively new in these parts. Owning a Mighty and an Alfa, I've grow curious to the practicalities of "on demand" vaping, and I've been looking at the VapCap for some time now. It seems like a great tool to have in the bush, where you don't need to be afraid of it breaking, running out of power, or what not.

My question is: Living in the EU (and thus unable to buy directly from VapCap) how do I make sure that what I'm getting is an original, and not a copy/fake? The reason why I ask is because finding the differences with a fake Mighty is easy what you know what you're looking for, even in a picture, but with the vapcaps the story is different.

For example, I found this site where they're available for 1/5 of the price, but it seems too good to be true.

Any advice?

Vaposhop (Netherlands)
The hedonist club (U.K)
Vapefiend (U.K)
Jah Vaporizer (France)
Verdampftnochmal (Germany)

These guys are all legit. I have only ordered through Vaposhop. No problems at all

The others guys will chime in with more info.

AtomicPB

@Vapor4me

Try either one of those, only heard good things or had good experiences:

vaposhop.com
thehedonistclub.co.uk
vapefiend.co.uk
verdampftnochmal.de

You can't go wrong with a Vapcap. :)

Edit:
Man, this thread is too damn fast. :freak:

Edit 2:
Btw.: I am also located in Europe and ordered directly from Dynavap, but with customs and shipping it is cheaper from within Europe. It is possible though and sometimes when there are sales it might even make sense. Back then there was just no European reseller.

Last edited:

Likun

the orings may need to be lubricated but when the mp pushes away from the midsection, just push straight in and flush with the stem.

Why you got to go calling @Fat Freddy
That happens on my xl omni with my cocobolo stem. Just push the mouthpiece back flush with the stem as you are making your adjustments. Work it till you find your sweet spot. With my Ti Omni, the adjustment flows easier without having to push the mouthpiece back flush.
Once you find your sweet spot and you don't have to look for the carb, that's an awesome feature of the Omni. That and the all in one mp and condenser which I don't have to mess with the little o rings at all.

Thanks guys, I'll try that. Haven't had the time for now. Last time I tried it I was too afraid to push it in as I was worried that I could break my precious cocobolo stem. That would break my heart.

I've been too busy out of town for work to pursue the situation. The body on my Omnivap XL looks similar to yours. No...I don't consider that normal on a brand new product. I have 3 Omnivaps. The body on the one from the 420 sale is noticeably much rougher than the rest and arrived with small scratches all over it.

Next month I will finally have a chance to pursue it. I hope you get a replacement- a new product shouldn't arrive looking like that.

I had contact to Joe now. His first reply was very fast, haven't yet received a second one though.
Maybe because I was asking about additional stuff... Like I'd like to purchase a Ti Mouthpiece additionally without having to pay shipping just for that... Maybe I should have just shut my mouth and stay with the replacement stem offering.:doh:

Guiltfeeder

Dynavap and disc golf
Greetings all!! I decided to start my Memorial Day by trying to make my first batch of condenser milk. I used about a cup of half and half and threw my Omni condenser into it to simmer. I didn’t remove the O ring as I couldn’t seem to get any of them to move. After about 10 minutes and tons of stirring it didn’t seem to be doing anything. Using a pair of tongs, I fished out the condenser and everything dumped out at once!! Luckily it all made it into my brew. I then took everything and soaked in hot soapy water for about 10 mins. I should be ok with soaking the O rings in soapy water correct? I keep finding differing opinions and I know George recommended removing them but I can’t seem to get them to move and I’m afraid of damaging them using force.
I added about 4 spoonfuls of my mixture to my morning coffee and I think it’s starting to hit me now. Hopefully I guessed thit dose correctly and don’t wind up on the couch all day as I’ve got a toddler to chase around the house today.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great day/night!!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Also looking between the vapcap, lotus and perhaps sticky brick. Sticky bricks are on sale at this one place. Looking for mainly home use, but the vapcap looks good to me.
These are very different vapes. The only thing they really have in common is that they are butane powered and are capable of hitting hard. The Lotus and Sticky brick/daisy have very open airflow and the VC does not, but the VC hits are very dense so can be quite large without open flow.
I understand that the SB hits very hard, but I am not really a fan of the design as I am uncomfortable with the idea of consuming the full butane exhaust. I understand that most are not concerned with this so it is just a personal objection <g> and it is a very powerful vape that works extremely well.
I have owned the Lotus a long time and find it a great vape, but I always use the WPA rather than the stem so it is always on water (and further from my face). It is a very powerful vape and easy to recommend.
The VapCap is a fantastic incredibly versatile and pocketable vape with unlimited combinations of materials and methods. It can be beautiful or workmanlike, very inexpensive or quite pricey depending on materials and maker. It is a wide open platform for third party hobbyists/vendors. The tighter airpath requires one to learn mouthpulling, but once learned leads to a mouth full of dense vapor just as effective as a more open approach. If one uses their VC with glass the mouthpulling requirement drops away.

All 3 of these are great vapes and will get the job done, buit are very different from one another. Maybe you need them all? :lol:
My question is: Living in the EU (and thus unable to buy directly from VapCap) how do I make sure that what I'm getting is an original, and not a copy/fake? ...
I was not aware that VapCaps were being counterfeited yet. It is only a surprise because the equipment to make the parts is likely quite expensive and would take quite a commitment. Please PM me the site you mentioned as I am quite curious. The tips and the caps are going to be the hard parts...

All the sites mentioned above are safe and authorized retailers of VCs so no concern using them. And any third party maker mentioned in here should also be safe.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i'm pretty sure i got some dynavap kool-aid in my mouth :ko:

...never did 'appreciate' my og vapcap (the glass one), but lately i busted it back out because it's summer time (aka portable time) and i also started drinking again and I only need a few hits here and there too keep my happy while drinking... i grew a custom to the og so i picked up a M... the M is a much better device imo, i never knew there would be that much difference... and to my delight the bowl holds more on the M than the og (maybe ~50% more?)...

... now i have an omni + omnivong on the way just because thats what i've read i need to do :brow:

...so yes i have drank the kool-aid...

...thanks guys :goon::worms:

Vaporware

Edit: To be clear, I have never seen or heard of a counterfeit VapCap before. I don’t believe they exist yet, so I’m offering a few other explanations for very low price listings.

On the too-cheap-VapCap issue, there are some other possibilities that would explain it. Here are a few:

1. Scammers claim to sell all kinds of products at low prices and never send them out or hit people with some other kind of catch.

2. Some VapCaps have been pretty cheap. If someone listed an original glass VapCap but put up the picture of one that costs 5x as much, it could be intentional deceit or just an accident.

3. It could be an honest mistake in pricing, maybe listing the entire setup at the price of one part, or even just a typo.

I’m sure I could come up with other possible explanations, so if counterfeit VapCaps have never been confirmed before, it’s worth looking into but I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion without more evidence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom