Radamisto

Yeah, fucked up so much lighters while using my Vapman until I figured out it was the bad butane.

I'm using a Xikar Tech Single Jetflame lighter and can report no issues with using Colibri or Xikar Purofine. The Dupont stuff seems waaaaaaaay too expensive and is probably only recommended for the very expensive Dupont lighters. However, I'd steer clear from any cheap supermarket gas, unless you like to replace your jet lighter on a weekly basis.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If I ever get my hands around the neck of the guy who named the Ghost MV-1. :ugh: :goon:

Why, they will definitely need a number system to keep track of all the eventual upgrades needed to make it great. I wish the Mighty had this so at least the thread pertaining to your specific vape would not be hundreds of pages long. I will not buy a Mighty until a proper update and hopefully a new thread.

I recommend m7 and m8 as a reference to the 2xM.
Also, which NudeNutNingNong named the NonaVong, I thought it was nylon and/or something, surely they could have come up with something better.

Summer

Long Island, NY
No, @LesPlenty, it's strictly because the name is such a pain to type out when you're referencing it. Mostly no one says Ghost (I do cause it's easier to type) & everyone types out MV-1 & it's a royal pain -- caps & the hyphen. So I want to strangle the guy who came up with it.

Sorry, LP, don't know what you're talking about. The Ghost thread is less than a 100 pages here on FC. While the Mighty has 500 pages.

I recommend m7 and m8 as a reference to the 2xM.

???

Also, which NudeNutNingNong named the NonaVong, I thought it was nylon and/or something

:lol:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I'm using a Xikar Tech Single Jetflame lighter and can report no issues with using Colibri or Xikar Purofine. The Dupont stuff seems waaaaaaaay too expensive and is probably only recommended for the very expensive Dupont lighters. However, I'd steer clear from any cheap supermarket gas, unless you like to replace your jet lighter on a weekly basis.

I'm using Colibri too. The brand which killed my lighters was Tycoon. It claims to have "Zero Impurities", but wouldn't recommend it.

natural farmer

I can't stop playing. . . Top one is the one that was yesterdays candycap. .
This is one of the most beautiful VC's I've ever layed my eyes on... :love: I probably miss a few pages these days so @mrb , are you making Ti bodies these days? Cost if yes? I like really minimal designs and that's why I am sticking with my favourite Omni for a couple of years now. Mine is also custom made without the Dynavap logo on the side of the body for an even more minimal look.
C1PEkJX.jpg

The new ones haven't really caught with me, they seem too complicated to my eye. But your's and @stardustsailor ' s designs? Oh yeah! I have already started saving! :D

@Hehe, nevermind, found the thread in classifieds!

Last edited:

Likun

Soo I finally got my Omni XL 420 order through customs.
Unfortunately my Omni has the same poor finish I remember a handful of people where complaining about some days ago.
Can anyone tell me if or how DynaVap handled those problems?

QsyiYwq.jpg

8OsOKZh.jpg

My camera isn't the best but I hope that the scratches and marks are visible. This shouldn't be considered normal, right?
I can clearly see and feel those marks.

Last edited:

RuggedWombat

Opposite of Down Under
I'm looking to replace my dark wood XLS body as I can never completely get the smoke smell out of the wood, what options are there that use sealed materials that don't soak in smoke? So far all I see is the carbon fiber stem, but I'm not sure if the inside is also sealed or not.

Squiby

I'm looking to replace my dark wood XLS body as I can never completely get the smoke smell out of the wood, what options are there that use sealed materials that don't soak in smoke? So far all I see is the carbon fiber stem, but I'm not sure if the inside is also sealed or not.

Metal or glass. If you have an XLS, your midsection would be a stem rather than a body, which would be too short. You could replace your wood stem with a titanium stem from Dynavap.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/omni-stem

Or you could go for an aftermarket solution.

@stardustsailor makes beautiful titanium stems. Check out his thread. He may be making custom stems soon. In the mean time, he's been offering one of a kind pieces in the classified section.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcap-custom-titanium-stem-talos.28493/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-carbless-vapcap-ti-stems.25324/page-9#post-1192805

@phattpiggie has a glass stem solution that may be available. You would have to get onto a waiting list.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-43

@mrb is offering stainless steel stems in the classified section. Check it out.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-customised-bodies-stems.28360/

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Soo I finally got my Omni XL 420 order through customs.
Unfortunately my Omni has the same poor finish I remember a handful of people where complaining about some days ago.
Can anyone tell me if or how DynaVap handled those problems?

QsyiYwq.jpg

8OsOKZh.jpg

My camera isn't the best but I hope that the scratches and marks are visible. This shouldn't be considered normal, right?
I can clearly see and feel those marks.
That's the same problem that others had. SDS said that it was Ti galling during machining and I have to agree.

Carbon fiber is made from epoxy and carbon fibres, so it will hold up about the same as a plastic would.

Metal lined stems are the way to go IME. I've combusted several times in my lined stems and it's never been hard to get the smoke smell out. Just a quick cleaning with some isopropyl alcohol tends to get it all. I don't recommend alcohol on non-lined wood stems though.

Now that I think about it I don't even get upset anymore when I combust. It's usually time to clean out the stem, condenser and tip anyways.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Also, which NudeNutNingNong named the NonaVong, I thought it was nylon and/or something, surely they could have come up with something better.

Named for it's Nine sides...
I'm using a Xikar Tech Single Jetflame lighter and can report no issues with using Colibri or Xikar Purofine. .... However, I'd steer clear from any cheap supermarket gas, unless you like to replace your jet lighter on a weekly basis.
Cheap butane is a torch killer, as has been discussed in several threads. It's not about the impurities you might consume, it is (mostly) about the particulates and oil in the butane itself that clogs torches.
The 2 you mention are good brands, along with Vector and Newport. There are a couple others that don't immediately come to mind, but avoid store brands and most importantly avoid Ronsen Red.
Any butane is OK for a soft flame lighter, but the torch lighters with their higher pressure and more sensitive valves NEED higher quality more highly refined butane.

Last edited:

7oli5

I bought around 10 butane torches price range 2-8 euros, the past 4-5 months that I 've discovered dynavap.
All of them still work great I am assuming thanks to Vector butane. instead of paying 2 euros for cheap butane I paid 4 and that tank is still almost full so definitely invest on some good butane. I got mine from a cigar shop.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Cheap butane is a torch killer, as has been discussed in several threads.

I know this is the consensus and know I've had problems with some lighters that were rectified when I used higher grade butane but I gotta say;

I had someone give me 8 cans of the cheapest Ronson butane so I decided to just use it even though I have a case of Iolite butane (Newport) here. I've been using the Ronson for over a year now in one of those cheap "power" branded torches and it's been working fine. Working on the fourth can now and have even filled one of my Vapman torches with it for the last few months and haven't had any problems.

I may not use it in my more expensive torches since i have a supply of better stuff but It's worked fine in my cheap ol' $1.50 leave it out on the porch torch.

Dutch-Mic

Hello everyone,

George asked me to coordinate a meet up in Amterdam on the 6th of June 2018!

I posted the following thread in the lounge:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/meet-up-george-from-dynavap-amsterdam-6th-of-june-2018.28464/

Here's a copy of the post:

Dear FC members/Dynavap enthousiasts,

Question: would you like to meet George from Dynavap in Europe?

George @VapCap will the 6h of June (wednesday) be in Amsterdam and asked me to coordinate a meet up! This post is meant to inventarise how many people would be interested in a meet up.

The meet up will be held at the "gezellige" gastro bar 'Cause Beer loves Food, very close to the Leidseplein. I'll be there at 5:30 PM local time.
If you would like to be part of the meet up, to meet George and Vapcap enthousiasts, please let me know in this thread:

1) If you would like to come to the meet up
2) If you would like to have dinner (then I can make a reservation)

I hope to see you there!

Short summary:

Meet up with George from Dynavap and Vapcap enthousiasts

- Date:
6th June 2018

- Time: 5:30 PM local time

This thread can move so fast that some of you could have missed the post I quoted. In short: I'm inventorying who's interested in a meet up with George and Vapcap enthousiasts on the 6th of June in Amsterdam. If you're interested: click on the quoted post or go to the vapor lounge for more information :)

Likun

Thanks guys, I know that poor finish Omnis had happened to others before so I was just wondering what their outcome was. I think a new stem would be the easiest way?
Then I'd have to go through customs again, that's really a pita. Their opening times are 8 am to 3 pm, mo-fr.

Well thankfully the order also included a xl condenser. I'm so happy to finally attach my cocobolo mouthpiece to my cocobolo woody. I love that combination.
I played a bit with my omni but for now I don't see any need to prefer it over my woody xls.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I know this is the consensus and know I've had problems with some lighters that were rectified when I used higher grade butane but I gotta say;

I had someone give me 8 cans of the cheapest Ronson butane so I decided to just use it even though I have a case of Iolite butane (Newport) here. I've been using the Ronson for over a year now in one of those cheap "power" branded torches and it's been working fine. Working on the fourth can now and have even filled one of my Vapman torches with it for the last few months and haven't had any problems.

I may not use it in my more expensive torches since i have a supply of better stuff but It's worked fine in my cheap ol' $1.50 leave it out on the porch torch.
Some torch lighters may have more forgiving valves that are more resistant to clogging, but I would expect that to be better torches rather than cheaper ones. It is my own experience that has led me to my conclusions. RR has killed some of my torches, and better butane has resurrected SOME of those killed.
If someone gave me a case of Ronsen Red I would try to sell it or give it away, I would not use it. I have a bottle still in the cabinet that I would only use on a soft flame lighter. I DO have a Zippo long barbecue starter that is the only thing that gets the RR in my world today.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Some torch lighters may have more forgiving valves that are more resistant to clogging, but I would expect that to be better torches rather than cheaper ones.

In my experience it's actually the opposite. The cheaper the torch the better it works on crap butane but drop $60 on a fancy cigar lighter and you need to buy highly refined butane to keep it working. I've read peoples thinking on it is that the cheap torches are actually sold in China/Asia/Africa so they're made to work on lower quality gas.

Still I'm not going to be filling any of my $20 + torches with RR ... just saying there are torches that'll live long and full lives using the cheapest shit butane you can get.

Duba81

Some torch lighters may have more forgiving valves that are more resistant to clogging, but I would expect that to be better torches rather than cheaper ones. It is my own experience that has led me to my conclusions. RR has killed some of my torches, and better butane has resurrected SOME of those killed.
If someone gave me a case of Ronsen Red I would try to sell it or give it away, I would not use it. I have a bottle still in the cabinet that I would only use on a soft flame lighter. I DO have a Zippo long barbecue starter that is the only thing that gets the RR in my world today.
Same here. I have a cheap Ronson Jetlite and that one runs fine with RR butane. Lately though, I've been using Lucienne butane that I grabbed at a cigar shop. One thing that really surprised me was how absolutely clear this stuff is on a transparent lighter. Even the Newport I was using had a slight yellow color to it. The Lucienne though is perfectly clear. I'm not sure if that correlates to better quality, although my torches do seem to be ever slightly more stable. The great thing about this brand of butane is that it's pretty cheap too.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
In my experience it's actually the opposite. The cheaper the torch the better it works on crap butane but drop $60 on a fancy cigar lighter and you need to buy highly refined butane to keep it working. I've read peoples thinking on it is that the cheap torches are actually sold in China/Asia/Africa so they're made to work on lower quality gas.

Still I'm not going to be filling any of my $20 + torches with RR ... just saying there are torches that'll live long and full lives using the cheapest shit butane you can get.
Well, I have no $20 torches. :D The most expensive torch I have was about $12 from Lotus. I picked that up while I was testing a high temp cap for them. My average torch price is $5 or $6 and they all work surprisingly well. Lately I have been getting mostly triples for the VC which I like to use out because they are faster.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I have a few that cost way too much and all the expensive one's i've used pretty much suck... fashion over function, I only use 'em 'cause I paid good money for them.

My favorites are still the $1.25 "power brand" (came with my Daisy) and the vapman torch but the little Z-plus 2 is quickly taking over when I'm using the Vapcap or vaponic.

Top Bottom