Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
It's worth mentioning that if you over load a cap or it is excessively dirty (like getting goopy concentrates on it), it will not click as loud or you may get a delayed click. Try not to have material sticking out of your tip that can contact the bimetal discs.

Cap clicks definitely vary both from cap to cap and over time/with use in the same cap.
I have 6 caps and they all have different click volumes, but one of them is exceedingly quiet and has still become my favorite cap. I've learned to feel for the click-it's quite easy really once you know what to feel for. I believe that's called a haptic indicator. Just one more cool thing about vapcaps.

BaHayZeus

I have 6 caps and they all have different click volumes, but one of them is exceedingly quiet and has still become my favorite cap. I've learned to feel for the click-it's quite easy really once you know what to feel for. I believe that's called a haptic indicator. Just one more cool thing about vapcaps.

Thanks for the response- now back to practice, lol!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@BaHayZeus if you can get your hands on some concentrates, that vapcap really rips on 'em and no chance of combustion since you generally go 1-2s past the click. If you rip it with the click like you would flowers you wont get as many hits but they'll be way more flavorful than if you get that cap extra hot.

Not to be anti-flowers, I am not, I just dont use them much as it's a bit harsh for me to use as medicine.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
First time combustions are a common thing. At least that's what I told myself when I combusted the first bowl. My wife did the same thing. First bowl was combusted. And that was after I read this thread and told myself to respect the click.

BaHayZeus

@BaHayZeus if you can get your hands on some concentrates, that vapcap really rips on 'em and no chance of combustion since you generally go 1-2s past the click. If you rip it with the click like you would flowers you wont get as many hits but they'll be way more flavorful than if you get that cap extra hot.

Not to be anti-flowers, I am not, I just dont use them much as it's a bit harsh for me to use as medicine.

Gotcha, I’m mostly a flower medicator but I’ll give it a shot. I have some high CBD bubble hash but not sure how that would work?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
First time combustions are a common thing. At least that's what I told myself when I combusted the first bowl. My wife did the same thing. First bowl was combusted. And that was after I read this thread and told myself to respect the click.
I still combust from time to time. Usually it's because I start heating before the cool down click and lose track of how long I've been torching until that moment when... "is that smoke, damnit..." Then I have to rush outside and get rid of the stinking load of burning herb.

I don't make too big of a deal about combusting anymore, I know that the vape and my glass will smell clean after a hot water and iso bath.

Drexciya

I still combust from time to time. Usually it's because I start heating before the cool down click and lose track of how long I've been torching until that moment when... "is that smoke, damnit..." Then I have to rush outside and get rid of the stinking load of burning herb.

I don't make too big of a deal about combusting anymore, I know that the vape and my glass will smell clean after a hot water and iso bath.

Oh yeah, that happened a few times to me as well. But like you said, the smell will be washed away for the biggest part after some iso and after that I just wears of a bit every time you use it. I try to keep my wooden body from water though. I never used water to clean it.

Mr.Sifter

well tonight is gonna be a Dynafeed.
I think George will address the delays and QC-issues.
Although I think he will be a bit pissed because a vibe of ingraditude rised in this FC thread and I imagine in their email inbox as well.

I think they speeded manufacturing up a notch in order to provide for the 420 sale.
quality might have suffered a bit.

I hope a good solution for all sides will be found....

Last edited:

Drexciya

Hmm my feeling was one more inline of disappointed football fans rather then a higher level of ingratitude. I root for this company like any other and seeing them perform below their own imposed standards is something you don't want to see and happen. It's all about how these issues are going to be handled but nothing from the past points me towards a disappointing answer towards them.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Although I think he will be a bit pissed because a vibe of ingraditude rised in this FC thread and I imagine in their email inbox as well.
Somehow I doubt that George will be pissed, but I am sure he will be concerned and I am confident he will resolve the QC problems. I find it hard to imagine that this is the result of anything other than unexpected growth that he had no time to prepare for, and he had to choose whether QC or order production would take the hit. Given that folks are still complaining about orders that still have not shipped I think the order volume was a surprise and DV is doing what they do best instead of talking to us about it. Once the orders get finished they can concentrate on making sure this doesn't happen again.
Just as a data point there were no errors on my order but I did remove a burr from a condenser with my fingernail. And, of course, I cleaned all the metal parts (other than the cap) as I always do.
I think too much business to handle easily is a pretty good spot for a vendor to be in and scaling is not always easy. I'm pretty confident that they "get it" and this will be a blip.

Tonight is the Live stream and I'm sure we will hear from DV about the sale. I'm looking forward to more info on CAPS too.

Chiron

well tonight is gonna be a Dynafeed.
I think he will be a bit pissed because a vibe of ingraditude rised in this FC thread and I imagine in their email inbox as well.
Pissed at who? Himself?

Whatever YOU feel about this being a cozy community transaction, it is in fact a modern day internet purchase. You think that a customer should express gratitude for being allowed to purchase a product? That they should be grateful to get something at all, sooner or later, defective or not? OMG.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Pissed at who? Himself?

Whatever YOU feel about this being a cozy community transaction, it is in fact a modern day internet purchase. You think that a customer should express gratitude for being allowed to purchase a product? That they should be grateful to get something at all, sooner or later, defective or not? OMG.

No, he's speaking to the way George and team Dynavap have treated us over time. We've experienced their generosity.

Some of us, many of us, have developed personal relationships with the folks in this small company so it does sadden us to see what the sale has wrought. To many of us it's not just a modern day internet transaction. We're investing in our friend's company and the people in that company.

And it's a company run and employed by human beings. Not bots.

snackmaster

I find comments by @stark1 and other long time vapers odd. Do you order from other companies and vape without cleaning them? Would you buy glass without cleaning it before use? I dont care if it looks clean I dont know who or how it was handled so I clean all my new toys... @stark1 I hope you dont think I am attacking you. Your name was the first I could think of. I guess I dont understand the call for a sterile vape delivered. When do we take responsibility for our goods? QC will be handled as it always has in the past and we havent seen them stop taking care of us.
Sooooo Relax Brothers and Sisters and enjoy the day...:peace::2c:

I agree they don't need to ship a sterile vape, but many buyers expect these things to be useable right out of the mail so an instruction about cleaning before use would be helpful. This will be many people's first vape so they'll need some hand-holding. With the price and form factor I bet dynavap attracts lots of lifelong joint-smokers or one-hitter users who've maybe never cleaned a new product.

Mr.Sifter

Pissed at who? Himself?

40% off, yes, I think that's something to be grateful about.

We've experienced their generosity.
Some of us, many of us, have developed personal relationships with the folks in this small company so it does sadden us to see what the sale has wrought. To many of us it's not just a modern day internet transaction. We're investing in our friend's company and the people in that company.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
WE are many

Chiron

No, he's speaking to the way George and team Dynavap have treated us over time. We've experienced their generosity.

And it's a company run and employed by human beings. Not bots.

Yeah, I understand and appreciate all that. I'm just a guy who came here recently, but worrying that a reseller would be angry because customers are raising issues in a mostly respectful way, and chastising those people for that, just doesn't make sense to me.

Glen

40% off, yes, I think that's something to be grateful about.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

OK, I am quite grateful about that, even more grateful for the free shipping to Canada :)

edit: In fact, I cannot imagine there being much profit at all from small sales with free international shipping....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Sifter

see.
I've been here on FC for some time now and the DV thread is a very nice and laid back one. Full of generous and friendly people. Much like the company DV itself. They spread the joy.
It's not a big company. It's small and familiar. Still they want to make us happy and offer a whopping 40% off.
Look what big global players like Storz&Bickel or Arizer do for their "community" (they dont have one) and compare it to DV.
See.

I'm with Team Dynavap.

beyond6strings

Yeah, I understand and appreciate all that. I'm just a guy who came here recently, but worrying that a reseller would be angry because customers are raising issues in a mostly respectful way, and chastising those people for that, just doesn't make sense to me.

Glen

I certainly hope I haven't been one of those people. The only people I've seen 'chastised' were taken to task for complaining about loose caps-all caps are loose until they're fitted to the tip by squeezing.

I have no issues with people complaining about QC, and I didn't push back when folks were pissed about their orders not shipping even though DV stated that it items from the 4/20 sale wouldn't be sent out until the week of the 23rd. I've tried to do my best not to spank people for having unreasonable expectations.

But if I've insulted you please accept my apology.

Cheers, Ken

Chiron

I see, I see, but I would really see a valid complaint if that discount was offered to members of this forum only, instead of the world at large, where I came from :)

Chiron,
Reactions: Drexciya

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Added three to my collection. The Omni Xl in the custom body I've had for a month or two. - waiting on a new custom body being made now. I also really like theses debowlers I had made. Can't use both so I'll either give one away or put it up for trade in the classifieds.

Funny thing is I bought the 2017M and 2018M because I wanted to give them away to a couple of my buddies. Now that I have them, even though I can only use one at a time, I can't seem to let them go. I took the 2017M to poker last night with every intention of gifting it out. One of my friends said, "Man that looks so clean. You bought a new one didn't you?" I responded to the affirmative but failed to mention I had planned to give it to him. It came home with me last night. I may have to but two more so I can keep these.

I had also bought some lighters, two 4:20 caps and a new XL condenser. Everything I got is well made, works as good or better than I expected. Being a designer by profession I tend to notice little details about just about everything. I have zero complaints about the products I received. I dealt with customer service three times during the past week or two because I couldn't make a proper decision. Customer service was approachable, understandable, and thorough with their information. My experience was that they treated me as if they wanted to create a raving fan out of me. Very pleased with the product and the company.
ifv9B9G.jpg

Chiron

My first reaction to the loose cap/impossible to make one too big with the manufacturing method discussion was that perhaps some tips were made a tiny bit smaller.....

beyond6strings

Added three to my collection. The Omni Xl in the custom body I've had for a month or two. - waiting on a new custom body being made now. I also really like theses debowlers I had made. Can't use both so I'll either give one away or put it up for trade in the classifieds.

Funny thing is I bought the 2017M and 2018M because I wanted to give them away to a couple of my buddies. Now that I have them, even though I can only use one at a time, I can't seem to let them go. I took the 2017M to poker last night with every intention of gifting it out. One of my friends said, "Man that looks so clean. You bought a new one didn't you?" I responded to the affirmative but failed to mention I had planned to give it to him. It came home with me last night. I may have to but two more so I can keep these.

I had also bought some lighters, two 4:20 caps and a new XL condenser. Everything I got is well made, works as good or better than I expected. Being a designer by profession I tend to notice little details about just about everything. I have zero complaints about the products I received. I dealt with customer service three times during the past week or two because I couldn't make a proper decision. Customer service was approachable, understandable, and thorough with their information. My experience was that they treated me as if they wanted to create a raving fan out of me. Very pleased with the product and the company.
ifv9B9G.jpg

A very handsome Dynafamily you've got for yourself. Congratulations.

snackmaster

see.
I've been here on FC for some time now and the DV thread is a very nice and laid back one. Full of generous and friendly people. Much like the company DV itself. They spread the joy.
It's not a big company. It's small and familiar. Still they want to make us happy and offer a whopping 40% off.
Look what big global players like Storz&Bickel or Arizer do for their "community" (they dont have one) and compare it to DV.
See.

I'm with Team Dynavap.

Seriously, the 4/20 sale was insanely good. I see more and more retailers just doing 15% off, so dynavap really went above and beyond with 20% off for over a week + the flash sales you could accumulate in your cart + the surprise 40% off sales.

As far as complaints on shipping time, I think anyone who's a regular here should know better but I can understand how "outsiders" might've expected better. The website issues are frustrating, but they'll get those ironed out eventually - I think they did a pretty good job of getting them under control and extending sale periods to account for downtime. The spike in QC issues is more concerning and I'm interested to see how dynavap handles it, but their customer service has always been topnotch so I can't imagine they'll leave any customers hanging.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Based on George’s dedication to quality and customer service, I know these issues will be made right. He has been engineering and producing a quality product since the beginning, and I bet that these problems are as much of a shock to him as they are to us. Everything I have received in the past has been perfect in construction and performance. We have grown to expect quality from @VapCap, since it has always been that way.

I don’t think folks are mainly pissed about the QC issues, but surprised and disappointed, based on the company’s past performance.

Perhaps we need to step back, take a breath, and not be so expecting of instant gratification (myself included). I know there are several companies that have a wait time of MONTHS foe one of their vapes. The type of demand created by the 40% off flash sales had to have been overwhelming for them. Exponential growth since the introduction of the original M definitely had to have created some growing pains.

Top Bottom