Brewervapesalot

I just go the omni titanium on Friday. I enjoyed it all weekend so far. Just cleaned it for the first time.

Pluses:
- Smooth, creamy, and potent vapor. I feel like one or two well-packed loads gets me more, or as, medicated than one well-packed Pax 2. The flavor is better than Pax, and the last third of the load does not linger on and on and on and on (like crappy burnt popcorn) like a Pax. The omni offers 3 or 4 nice tasty draws then 2 or 3 more and the material is well spent.

- Easy to clean.

- quality feel. It feels like a cross between a piece of jewelry and and a small precision handtool.

- waterproof (water won't ruin the unit).

- heat it many ways from flame to induction.

- very small and light. Hard to damage.

- nostalgic. It really feels like pulling on a tightly rolled joint.

- the stash box is great. Everything you need and the zippo looking torch sticks to the stash when not using. Ground material in one compartment and the omni in the other. Just "stab" the compartment with ground material once or twice and your loaded up.

Minuses:

- not stealth. At least not with a lighter/flame/torch. I don't feel comfortable heating with a flame in open sight in my back yard. As this is in Washinton State. On the other hand, I'll use a pax in front of my neighbors. The flame just can be too easily associated with other drugs.

- I don't find the omni's adjustable air flow helpful or that it really does much. The carb is easy to use, on the other hand, and I just roll with the adjustable air flow all the way closed.

- I get one hit per heat up, unless I rush.

- Can't always hear the click. Bluetooth ear protection or headphones blocks the sound while working outside on the lawn.

- vapor is warm. Definitely soar spot on back of my throat from the heat of the vapor.

- two handed operation, mostly.

- zippo looking lighter uses fuel really quickly because the flame doesnt get very small and fuel tank is tiny. Problem is I think it's the classiest looking and most comfortable in my pocket lighter.

Things to improve, maybe:

- Have a thicker (or just really thick) cap that stays hot for a long time?

- integrate a longer vapor path and heat sink into the stem to help cooling. Hard because need to be able to clean. But I was thinking add another tube within a tube to channel the vapor back and forth from the cap end to the mouthpiece end a couple times before it enters your mouth. Then add some fins for cooling on the stem that double a grips for your fingers.

- sell small portable induction heaters. I like the idea of the heater being separate from the device. This allows some users to marry the non mechanical device with electronics. At the same time, those who don't want electronics and want a simple mechanical device don't have to marry up with an electoral cord.

- a visual clue that the temperature is right. My Springfield 45 (handgun) has a small metal notch pop out when a round is in the chamber. It's a really nice, simple, feature.

Similarly, could the cap on the omni have a small metal piece pop out when it's hot and up to temp?

@Summer, just curious, can you take out the mouthpiece assembly on your MV1 and use the MV1's heater to heat up your Vapcap? My MV1 isn't working but I was thinking the MV1 heater is pretty beefy!

Last edited:

sirwalter

I wish dynavap would put some marks on the inside of the omnivap mouthpiece, so you could set the adjustable airflow to a specific setting.

sirwalter,
Reactions: Megaton

Dynalowrider

Hoorah. I just walked a mile w/o O2. Got back, my O2% level was 96%. That was my goal for the week, (or should that be "weak":lol:).
I want to thank all you kind folks for the encouragement. I appreciate you one and all. You guys have made getting old a lot easier. Thank you from the bottom of my rickety old heart. Without knowing it you are helping me "walk it off". Doc

LabPong

just curious, can you take out the mouthpiece assembly on your MV1 and use the MV1's heater to heat up your Vapcap? My MV1 isn't working but I was thinking the MV1 heater is pretty beefy!

I would attempt roasting marshmallows.....long before trying to heat up a vapcap that way.

ronads

Well using my vapcap M has been a wild ride. Last night I managed to launch it at the ground while using it outside. It then got stuck to my ti tip and I was trying to get it off but it was wedged on. A friend managed but I reailised it was bashed slightly and I struggle to get it on and off although it is getting easier.

I used it earlier and it was okay, looked like I could do another one. Lighting it, lighting it...nothing, looking like one of the jets in my lighter was struggling. Kept going for the click...bam combustion...grabbed my scarf to get the lid off STUPIDLY, melted my scarf to the cap :doh:

So now it's all soaking in a 99% ISO solution, bought some baking soda as well, still got my sticky brick jr, old reliable lol.

and I thought this was meant to be EASIER than the bricks!! :lol: I need a dyna stash with the magnet I can see why people have them now!! lol

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Try it just once & post your thoughts.
OK, so I wrote a 7 or 800 word response that went into detail on how the VC functions and why, conductions influence etc, and honestly it was starting to sound patronizing and that wasn't my goal.
Suffice to say the concept of a condenserless stem with an air hole (carb) doesn't really work for me. I don't see how you get any vapor from the tip when a more direct path from mouthpiece to carb exists. There HAS to be negative pressure (suck) at the tip or nothing comes from it. Air (vapor) will follow the most direct path even more than water because gravity doesn't enter into it. Unless the carb is fully closed I would think any vapor you get would be quite thin. That is why SDS's regular stems tend to be carbless.

If it DID make sense I could see how the lip on the omni mouthpiece would provide a friction fit on a metal stem since the regular condenser that holds the MP in place would be missing, but the missing condenser still changes the game.

When I asked you why you did this your answer was
Because I get wide open, unrestricted airflow.
And it's true, you do, but what you are actually after is vapor, and you aren't getting enough of that. For me.
You said
I do cover the carb & feather as I desire.
And that is good, actually critical to your method, but with anything short of fully closed you will get wispy vapor for the most part, but definitely less than the condenser would allow you.

Dynalowrider

I'll say it again. If you lower the air pressure, you lower the boiling point. The lower boiling point on the surface of the herb will cause boiling and vapor to be produced. If you want an example, try boiling water at sea level, and again on top of Pikes Peak. Without vacuum the VC wouldn't work. JMHO. Doc

dannydroid

Google Nazi
Hi guys,
Long time thread lurker.

I got my first M18 a few days ago (think I'm getting the hang of it), and I have a few questions:

- I dropped my cap from around knee height onto hardwood floor fresh out the tube... No dents that I can see. It should be okay?
- I get two heat up clicks, and two cool down clicks (a small click, then a second or two later, a second, much louder click). I think I read in this thread that's normal, but to which click should I be paying attention to?
- And, is it worth grabbing an extra cap, just incase I somehow break one?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Man, unfollowing this thread now. Honestly, what a turn off and unneeded. George has a cool product, unlike some of his customers.
Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but if I let one persons critical post chase me outta a thread I wouldn't be posting anywhere. I encourage you to stay if you find the thread interesting. Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses. If you would rather not interact you can always just read...
- I dropped my cap from around knee height onto hardwood floor fresh out the tube... No dents that I can see. It should be okay?
The M is damn near indestructible, as are the Ti VCs. The Cap is the only sensitive piece. Dropping it cap first can cause the tip to slip past the crimp in the cap but that is really the only thing likely to get any damage. And that is WHY you may want a backup cap.
But just so you know I have not had a cap fail and I drop them fairly often... ;)
(I tend to spin/rotate them in my hand as a nervous habit)
OK, I give up. Here's a link https://i.imgur.com/Mo7opvm.mp4
Mo7opvm.mp4

Last edited:

ronads

Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but if I let one persons critical post chase me outta a thread I wouldn't be posting anywhere. I encourage you to stay if you find the thread interesting. Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses. If you would rather not interact you can always just read...

The M is damn near indestructible, as are the Ti VCs. The Cap is the only sensitive piece. Dropping it cap first can cause the tip to slip past the crimp in the cap but that is really the only thing likely to get any damage. And that is WHY you may want a backup cap.
But just so you know I have not had a cap fail and I drop them fairly often... ;)
(I tend to spin/rotate them in my hand as a nervous habit)

I had the shopping screen up debating this while sale is still on. Ordering back up now...

ashinybox

I saw the talk about torch lighters and started feeling some TAS myself. It seems lighterusa is running a 420 sale until the end of the day for 20% off their entire store. Some of their prices are less than the current 20% sale through Dynavap and have free shipping and lifetime warranty.

Edit with some finds:
Vertigo Venom 2 Triple $7
Vertigo Warrior Triple $10
Vertigo Gauntlet Triple $12
Vertigo Razor Double $14
Vertigo Comet Double $15

Lotus Flat Flame $76

I put an order for the Razor Double in Gunmetal.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I saw the talk about torch lighters and started feeling some TAS myself. It seems lighterusa is running a 420 sale until the end of the day for 20% off their entire store. Some of their prices seem to be less than the current 20% sale through Dynavap and have free shipping and lifetime warranty.

Anyone have any experience with lighterusa? I might pick up a Vertigo dual or triple flame.
Just fyi - i think DV offers life time warranty on their lighters also...

Likun

Hum, “Life Warranty” ? Whose life, I intend to live for a while. :evil:
The lighters life. If it dies on you so does the warranty. Ha ha..
The vertigo lighters come with a small card which says you'll need to register your lighter somewhere to make use of the life time warranty. I haven't done that yet so I don't know more about that.

So I just finished my 420 shopping and ended up spending more money than I had planned, as usually.
To sum it up I got:
Ti Woody Cocobolo double crowned
Omni XL + '17 M bundle
Dynastash XL Bocote
XL condenser + Cocobolo mouthpiece to make a Woody XLS
some spare parts

Does anybody know some kind of storage like the altoids tin a XL vapcap can fit into?

Top Bottom