phos

Hey everyone. My Dynavap M just arrived and I love it :love:However, the Dynamag I ordered along with it is a bit small for my tastes. I have a Space Case Scout Stash (https://www.puffitup.com/Mediu-Air-Tight-Space-Case-Scout-Stash-And-Grinder-p/sc.scout-med.htm) and I'm looking for a 1.5" diameter diametrically magnetized magnet to place on top of it as an easily accessible heat sink. Does anyone have any suggestions?

(PS. The Dynamag works great when you put it at the bottom of the green storage tube. You can shake it around with the M in there and you won't hear a thing!)

dodgy_b

Noob question. My only experience is with the M and even that's only been a few days! It's likely I won't be able to pass on some of the 420 sales and will get another. Such a great device.

So when I look on some options online from PIU and POTV I see availability for the Omnivap Blackwood/Cocobolo. I've always loved the look of these from the sidelines, wood + omni mp.

Is there a reason why these aren't on the dynabuilder? (which I'm new to as well.) Did they discontinue this option and replace it with the carbon body? Would you talk me out of one of these older models? Thanks!

VanCough

Environmentalist
@dodgy_b First, let me welcome you to the DynaVerse on behalf of all of us afflicted with DVAS (Dynavap Vaporiser Acquisition Syndrome).

The reason why the Blackwood and Cocobolo Woods are no longer sold on the official dynavap website is because George wants, and says he always intended, to take the company in an environmentally conscious sustainable direction.

The issue with these exotic woods is that they often come from places like Africa, Central America, South America, etc. Places that have little regulation. Sometimes loggers will just cut roads through pristine ecosystems to get to one tree because of how rare, desirable and therefore profitable it is.

Environmental destruction aside, these types of logging operations also often abuse workers and indigenous people.

They now offer Light and Dark wood options sourced locally to them in the USA.

Therefore, if you want a Blackwood or Cocobolo body/stem/mp then get one now while third party sellers still have stock.

The internal ethical conflict you may have by purchasing one of these woods is something you’ll have to deal with on your own.

I studied environmental science at university but I have to admit I have a XL Blackwood nonavong and I’m about to purchase a Cocobolo stem :uhoh:

The Walnut they are now offering is nice though and one of my favourite woods for furniture. I can see a walnut vapcap and stash in my future :evil:

P.S. I do know that there are small growers of African Blackwood in Florida, so there are potential sustainable sources that can be investigated for future supply.

Last edited:

dodgy_b

@dodgy_b First, let me welcome you to the DynaVerse on behalf of all of us afflicted with DVAS (Dynavap Vaporiser Acquisition Syndrome).

The reason why the Blackwood and Cocobolo Woods are no longer sold on the official dynavap website is because George wants, and says he always intended, to take the company in an environmentally conscious sustainable direction.

The issue with these exotic woods is that they often come from places like Africa, Central America, South America, etc. Places that have little regulation. Sometimes loggers will just cut roads through pristine ecosystems to get to one tree because of how rare, desirable and therefore profitable it is.

Environmental destruction aside, these types of logging operations also often abuse workers and indigenous people.

They now offer Light and Dark wood options sourced locally to them in the USA.

Therefore, if you want a Blackwood or Cocobolo body/stem/mp then get one now while third party sellers still have stock.

The internal ethical conflict you may have by purchasing one of these woods is something you’ll have to deal with on your own.

I studied environmental science at university but I have to admit I have a XL Blackwood nonavong and I’m about to purchase a Cocobolo stem :uhoh:

The Walnut they are now offering is nice though and one of my favourite woods for furniture. I can see a walnut vapcap and stash in my future :evil:

P.S. I do know that there are small growers of African Blackwood in Florida, so there are potential sustainable sources that can be investigated for future supply.
Cool. Thanks for this info. Definitely will help in making a decision.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I hate flip-caps on lighters that aren't removable. And if you hand me one of those shitty lighters where the cap flips open and closed every time you hit the button, like a damn woodpecker, and I'm going to go destroy that piece of shit.

Flippy caps are annoying and just in the way.

Brewervapesalot

And naturally:
c4yUgv8.jpg

Sorry, my only buddy that still drinks domestic swill doesn’t drink Bud...

Bud is actually the last macro domestic brew that actually uses real rice as an adjunct, cereal cookers, and a traditional mashing (as well as lagering) process--and not liquid corn syrup to lighten their pilsner recipe... (other brands/products are basically half fermented corn syrup).

Not that the beers, or the or the homemade bowl, tastes much different either way... :)

Last edited:

kushkush

happy camper....

Kalessin

I hate flip-caps on lighters that aren't removable. And if you hand me one of those shitty lighters where the cap flips open and closed every time you hit the button, like a damn woodpecker, and I'm going to go destroy that piece of shit.

I love the ones that flip out when you press the button. Gives me a good place to rest the vap while spinning it. Assuming the flame control goes low enough to allow it

trfe

Did I shared that the LE 7-fins tip is very very very nice/suitable for water? the most open air flow compare to gen 5 or ss tip, extract the material completely in 2 heat cycles with my high temp cap. My butane vape collection have been grow up a very little bit, but vapcap still my DD out and about, King of convenience/efficiency :rockon:

here is a video the LE tip with @Winegums 14mm stem hitting with Jobon triple torch, my fav torch for ti tip.

That’s a pretty slick stem. What’s the tool you’re using to take the hot cap off?

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
hey, was wondering if anyone has tried this specific lighter with the dynavap, the angled twin flame seems ideal. let us know :)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HONEST-Wind...hash=item1ed7f67dda:m:mZ91C5BdNaa2z4C4b3grw9A

I saw this one recently as well, looks nice and honest is not a bad brand.
It only seems that the fuel tank could be small. No biggy if you have a fuel window otherwise would not go for it. Risk of falling empty on a crucial moment is too damn high.

Don't know what bad experience you had but these caps often allow to place your dyna on them an swirl with ease when heating. I kinda like them, except for using with the vapman.

Edit: seems like @kushkush ( nice name) and @Kalessin beat me to it.

paehtod

That’s a pretty slick stem. What’s the tool you’re using to take the hot cap off?

That's my d.i.y magnet stand that I had shared before, still very useful~
I want to share something about the magnet, got all these strong magnet and all in wrong direction.
Found a ID 11mm x 2mm thick SS washer can help to fix the problem very good.
Khfth1hl.jpg

pH4vyFAl.jpg

GPaZu6Al.jpg

I found that the cap actually are not magnetic but the bi-metal discs inside the cap would do the job. So when the cap attached to the magnet, the discs inside the cap stop rattled.
It hold the cap not only the flat top surface but also attached to the side. :peace:

But now when I am outside, I use the cap of the torch to remove hot cap.
BgfiiSX.jpg

Learn this from @WoodVillain

Megaton

2018 M is waiting in customs for me to pay the fees, which are almost as much as if i had bought a Ti tip outright. Boo!

Ah well, tis a shame that between customs and international debit card fees its just not viable to order directly from Dynavap, even with the great sales they put on. Ah well.

ap13

2018 M is waiting in customs for me to pay the fees, which are almost as much as if i had bought a Ti tip outright. Boo!

Ah well, tis a shame that between customs and international debit card fees its just not viable to order directly from Dynavap, even with the great sales they put on. Ah well.

Where is this? When they release the IH, whenever that will be, I will probably order it directly from Dynavap, but don't wanna get slapped with some crazy customs fees. I live in the UK.

VanCough

Environmentalist
Where is this? When they release the IH, whenever that will be, I will probably order it directly from Dynavap, but don't wanna get slapped with some crazy customs fees. I live in the UK.

I live in the UK and can confirm that you will be stung by customs fees ordering directly from Dynavap. I purchased a XL nonavong and Xl dynastash with the usual bits and pieces (o rings, etc.) and my customs fee was around £50/$70. :bang::cry:

Thankfully, you can now order most dynavap things from TheHedonistClub, Vapefiend and Vaposhop (until we leave the EU and customs laws change).

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I live in the UK and can confirm that you will be stung by customs fees ordering directly from Dynavap. I purchased a XL nonavong and Xl dynastash with the usual bits and pieces (o rings, etc.) and my customs fee was around £50/$70. :bang::cry:

Thankfully, you can now order most dynavap things from TheHedonistClub, Vapefiend and Vaposhop (until we leave the EU and customs laws change).

Yeah, almost all of my orders have been hit with customs fees. Sadly it really makes the flash sales less tempting. But the on the other hand the flash sales become the only way to buy direct from DV without it getting super expensive..

Is a shame customs are such thieves, my last $30 order from DV incurred £17 ($24) customs charge! That almost doubles the cost!

VanCough

Environmentalist
@ap13 your best bet is to contact each of the companies you're interested in purchasing from and asking them directly. Anything we say will be purely conjecture.

If I had to hazard a guess for the UK release of the Dynavap IH I wouldn't hold your breath, I predict dynavap will sell out of them very quickly and may not have the supply to meet their own demand - let alone resellers. Time will tell.

If they release the IH for the 420 sale I'll probably just roll with the customs punches and order direct to ensure I get one sooner rather than later.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

Tell us how you really feel.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Bud is actually the last macro domestic brew that actually uses real rice as an adjunct, cereal cookers, and a traditional mashing (as well as lagering) process--and not liquid corn syrup to lighten their pilsner recipe... (other brands/products are basically half fermented corn syrup).

Not that the beers, or the or the homemade bowl, tastes much different either way... :)
Now, I’m no brewer or anything like that, in fact, although I do enjoy alcohol it was never really my thing... but didn’t the Germans feel compelled to outlaw such blasphemy over 500 years ago with the Reinheitsgebot...? ;)

But the real question here is, what will be in my hands quicker, a Pipes IH or a Dyna....? :hmm:

Top Bottom