stark1

Lonesome Planet
A Happy Spring to y’all ( hopefully the 4th Nor’ Easter will graze US Tuesday, & no Easter nor’easter... ).

Too daze to go, Amigo. Two days -Takes another hopeful puff on his M’ !

Hope you don’t get stuck homebound from Philly.

obhRqo3.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Happy Sunday! Malawi gold and earl grey lavender tea

Considering LEGO-ing an Omni. But I have adopted mouth-to-lung for dry hits (thanks @Squiby), and covered carb for glass. So am I right that using the carb this way there is no real benefit to be gained from an Omni?

@StringTheorista if you have a Ti tip you’re good. Personally I love the adjustable bowl size on the Ti tip. If you don’t care about adjusting the bowl size then the M tip will work.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
And I don’t begrudge anyone their coffee.
Ya better not or we may meet in "the thread of aggressive expression". Ya may as well threaten mothers milk or clean breathing air... :goon:

Oh yeah, vapcap thread. So I have a little warning for Vong owners. It may well be a good idea to always take your Vong out of your glass piece rather than leaving it in overnight. I had a hard time separating them this morning, and it wasn't (just) love. I'm guessing humidity from the water in the glass caused some minor expansion of the wood and the wood and glass became a little too intimate. Sealing well is a good thing. Not letting go not so much.

All turned out well, but it is something I will keep in mind...

Last edited:

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Because I've got 2 Ti models and an Omni, plus I probably will eventually get an M18, I gave away my M17 to a friend who is vapeless. We spent some time going over the function and I told him to grab a lighter. I figured that he needed it more than I did and I don't think he'd buy a vape himself. Plus, the small size and discrete nature of the thing works well for his living sitch. Keeping it in the tube is effectively scent free after use.

Keep it rollin' I say.

thatoneguy445

@beyond6strings Quick question for ya on the PBW cleaning method you mentioned a few pages back.

Just did my 2nd clean with it, and noticed something interesting. It looks like all of my Ti parts are slightly anodized (not sure if that's the right term, but the colors have definitely changed some).

I can post pictures later but basically, cleaned all of my tips/condensers with boiling water and about 2tbsp of PBW. Everything is clean as a whistle, but all of the condensers are same color, whereas all of the Ti Tips and omni condeser/mouthpeice/stem (which are all Ti) are slightly "rainbow" colored. Pretty subdued but definitely noticeable.

Boiling water is definitely not hot enough to anodize titanium right? Is this some kind of reaction with the PBW? Have you noticed any color changes on your Ti pieces?

Not a huge deal by any means, just am a bit surprised at these purple/blueish hues now!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Have the components of the M ever been available separately on the website? I have been thinking it might be worth getting a new SS tip to try on other stems or bodies. I don't know how it would price, tho, and that may be why they haven't been offered if they haven't.

thatoneguy445

Have the components of the M ever been available separately on the website? I have been thinking it might be worth getting a new SS tip to try on other stems or bodies. I don't know how it would price, tho, and that may be why they haven't been offered if they haven't.

Yep they had the stainless steel tip up there for $25 until recently. I’d imagine they’ll eventually put the new SS tip up there once they’re officially shipping but have no idea either way

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I need to buy a Lotto ticket! I already feel like I just won! I must have some Irish in me as this appears to be my lucky day, or at least my lucky moment, in spite of the fact that it was -14F/-25C this morning. Stardustsailor is selling me the Zetes! I have asked for him to anodize it like Squiby's hammered copper/blue. Either way, I'm psyched!

szai

I need to buy a Lotto ticket! I already feel like I just won! I must have some Irish in me as this appears to be my lucky day, or at least my lucky moment, in spite of the fact that it was -14F/-25C this morning. Stardustsailor is selling me the Zetes! I have asked for him to anodize it like Squiby's hammered copper/blue. Either way, I'm psyched!
Didn't know you could get them anodized guess it'll have to be another one then! Grats!

Last edited:

thatoneguy445

@thatoneguy445 I noticed that too and didn't like it. I've gone back to using ISO and rinse well and just use the PBW for glass. Here's what I used to get that 'finish' off: https://www.amazon.com/Mirages-Super-Fine-Sand-Turtle/dp/B010E0ED1W/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1521392566&sr=8-1&keywords=sand+turtle+file&th=1

Thanks. I just went through with a magic eraser and the Omni components look good as new, I probably have a bit more to do in between the fins on the tips. But you’re right it left some sort of film on there that did look almost anodized or something! Either way, got everything soaking in ISO and should be in good shape afterwards. Glad I got the small jar of PBW!

NicholasPetris

Thanks. I just went through with a magic eraser and the Omni components look good as new, I probably have a bit more to do in between the fins on the tips. But you’re right it left some sort of film on there that did look almost anodized or something! Either way, got everything soaking in ISO and should be in good shape afterwards. Glad I got the small jar of PBW!

I'd also suggest possibly trying a toothbrush and toothpaste before going with a sanding attempt. With this tip from George a couple of live broadcasts ago, I made a titanium tip of mine sparkle like new; I had thought it was permanently darkened. Good luck ! Always stay safe (thorough rinsing of toxic chemicals) :science:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

Thankfully the PBW has many other uses, and I love it for glass. I was more grateful that it didn't permanently take the luster from the Titanium, cuz I dig it. I didn't realize how much I liked metal until now, but I have a newfound respect ad appreciation for well machined metals.

I thought I was purely a wood and glass guy and I know how to take care of those things. But over the past few months I've come to appreciate metals just as much. And I also need to learn how to take care of metals well. I want to leave my DV collection to my kids, grandkids, nieces, and nephews. So they need to last. I've heard of some folks soaking their ti and SS parts in Brasso. I found that interesting. It would nice to find something that you could safely soak it in as opposed to scraping and sanding-too much of that will alter the size of these parts, and I don't want to inadvertently re-size any of the vapcaps parts.

I'm really loving where @stardustsailor is taking his titanium work. And as I dream about an over-the-top, holy crap kind of custom stem I'm thinking about how to mix wood, glass, and either SS or Titanium. I think it would be insanely gorgeous, and work really well too. It's fun to dream.

thatoneguy445

I'd also suggest possibly trying a toothbrush and toothpaste before going with a sanding attempt. With this tip from George a couple of live broadcasts ago, I made a titanium tip of mine sparkle like new; I had thought it was permanently darkened. Good luck ! Always stay safe (thorough rinsing of toxic chemicals) :science:

Awesome tip thanks very much! Magic eraser did OK, but not great between the grooves in the tip. A quick scrub with a toothbrush has everything looking good as new!!

Aside from getting the PBW colors off, the toothbrush made my most “worn” tips look fresh as well, which a simple ISO wash doesn’t do. Definitely a new addition to my cleaning regimen!

needalift

Happy Sunday! Malawi gold and earl grey lavender tea

Considering LEGO-ing an Omni. But I have adopted mouth-to-lung for dry hits (thanks @Squiby), and covered carb for glass. So am I right that using the carb this way there is no real benefit to be gained from an Omni?
I thought the same thing . I also for some reason had assumed that because I love the wood parts so much that I would dislike a TI mouthpiece . I was wrong . After fooling with the Omni I put together yesterday , I feel like I’ve dialed it in to where I am getting amazing hits . I always pull mouth to lung , but this is on another level . I’m not sure what the advantage or disadvantage would be with water ( I don’t own any glass ) . I definitely recommend giving an Omni a try , especially if you have parts and can just buy a condenser to use with those parts .:2c:

vapshift

Company Rep
But what was the other unit the Dude was hitting? Is that the famous Grasshopper?? Instant clouds!
EDIT: Do you really think it was product placement? As in DynaVap paid to have it appear on the show ? That would sadden me...:huh: .

Which episode did the VapCap appear? We definitely did not pay for product placement; this is the first I'm hearing about it - I want to get a screen grab of our product on the show!

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
you can adjust the flame size.
This Aomai lighter has basically two jetflame sizes. large and small

on the small setting you definitely get more than 2x3 heatings to the click.

Yes, you are right. I tried it, but then heating takes a bit longer and I still did not manage to get more than 4-6 x 3 heating cycles out of it. Please don't get me wrong: This is not a problem. It's just not enough to get me with my individual consumption through the day. It's still a great small lighter and a great companion to the Vapcap! :)

Top Bottom