Kalessin

USFxibI.jpg

I bought an XL condenser with the maintenance kit flash sale so now I finally have an XL VC to play with. Though I need to find some thread or something, as the stem on the XL doesn't fit either of my more current tips. It is the stem my gen 2 tip came on and I haven't used it at all since buying a body and mouthpiece

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
I'm sure it's common knowledge with an M, but I just figured it out that:

if I don't put the cap fully on the tip it adds many more airflow. It is like not putting the arizer air's stem fully to let more airflow. It works the same.

This makes me like even more my '17M. I was thinking about how better could be the 18M to the 17M because of the doble carvings for airflow when I tried this, and the result is :o

I only use my M natively, so this airflow improvement ads so much to my experience!! I don't think I need better airflow than what I am able to achieve now with the cap not seated fully to the tip.

I think FC needs a new symbol becouse we have :mflb: but where is a VC symbol? :smug:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

if I don't put the cap fully on the tip it adds many more airflow. It is like not putting the arizer air's stem fully to let more airflow. It works the same.

This makes me like even more my '17M. I was thinking about how better could be the 18M to the 17M because of the doble carvings for airflow when I tried this, and the result is :o

I think FC needs a new symbol becouse we have :mflb: but where is a VC symbol? :smug:

I believe you nailed it, on the cap tip, @Vapoleon! The fins should ideally start after the cap ends, not in the
cap. This impedes the airflow. :2c:

Agreed, on the VapCap symbol for FC :shrug:

Love your optimistic spring foliage avatar, @stark1 . Very hopeful as we await yet another nor’easter!

I bet :2c: it wont even touch Montauk, much less South Jersey. :nod: No $ bets, tho.:lol:

CDJQemx.jpg

Last edited:

asdf420

I found my 2017 M unusable (mouth pulls were hurting my throat, even) due to the very high restriction before filing the tip, but that was because the cap was being fully seated. After filing the tip a bit, there isn't that much of a difference in airflow between a slightly unseated and fully seated cap, so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

This filing mod should be done very carefully for consistency.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I cannot believe it!!!
I got an email from dynavap, it said I won the haiku contest!

My entry:
A cap burns most bright
Our mood turns from dark to light
We drift off at night.

This is very exciting!
Very nice. Congratulations... :clap:

if I don't put the cap fully on the tip it adds many more airflow.

I don't get how you guys accomplish this. Any time my cap is not fully seated, it seats (drops down) as soon as I start hitting it so I get no airflow improvement.

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
I don't get how you guys accomplish this. Any time my cap is not fully seated, it seats (drops down) as soon as I start hitting it so I get no airflow improvement.

Mine stays where I put even if I hit it hard natively. This way also the vapor stays cooler, the airflow is better than with any other portable i have, better than arizer air or mflb.
It is smooth, I starting to think that I dont even want to try the new model of the M because this is what I need, and it works perfectly.

Maybe my VAS later will allow me to purchuase the new model but now I just think, can it be even better than this?

It is just not possible to beat this M with the improved airflow technique. I could be wrong of course but my VC M experience is just wow. Do I need anything better than this? :o

asdf420

It was looser before I squeezed it. Now it wants to be more oval-y so there's more friction.

Shouldn't matter with a ti tip, since they have the same channels done with the filing mod

Kalessin

If I were to make it out of round enough to prevent it from seating itself, I wouldn't be able to remove it with a magnet.

I'll pass, thanks. Being able to remove a hot cap is WAY more important to me than additional air flow...
You -can- get it fitted loosely enough to remove with a magnet but keep it from moving otherwise. Might take 15 or 20 minutes of fiddling, but my gen 3 and le tip will both allow it after working on the caps a bit

Lady V

Hey there everyone! FC newbie here... I just really wanted to share a few words (after lurking for over 2 weeks reading and checking back and forth). I received my M (2017) a week ago from @VapoShop and I already knew that all the info here was absolutely thought out and accurate. I had no doubt that this was going to be exactly as described.
I've been a smoker since I was 15 up until a month ago. Started smoking weed at 18. I am now 33. At around 2006 a friend talked to me about his experience with the Volcano and the effects of vaporising vs smoking. I was shaken to the core. However my mild, and even heavy at times, depression, kept me from quitting smoking weed... I must add that I'm coming from a country that mixing tobacco with weed in a joint is the norm. So you can imagine that for 15 years I 've been treating my lungs like crap. To my defence I have never been a heavy smoker... but still...
A few years ago, after a great loss of weight due to heavy depression (I'm 5'10.5'' and I weighed 114lbs), I started getting sick a bit too often. The smoking didn't help my already fragile immune system. I got acute bronchitis about 7-8 times and even a lovely case of pneumonia. The last 3-4 years I managed to get quite a bit healthier through diet, exercise and lots of "soul-searching".
But the smoking continued and I still felt like I had a bit of weight in my lungs. So after a few scaredy searches on vaporising I decided to purchase an x-max v2 pro... used it for 2 weeks and then gave it away to a friend. My problem was... I hated the whole electronic-battery powered-little oven under your mouth aspect of it all. It didn't feel organic at all and was extremely uncomfortable to handle and sip. Too hot, too clunky... too post-modern (felt like I was in the cast of Brazil)
So after a lot of "studying" on this thread I knew that this was the vape for me. I'll probably be repeating things that have been previously posted in here, but man alive this thing is just stupefying. It's size, simplicity it's ritualistic feel, excellent performance and mere intelligence have me in awe. in risk of sounding a tad dramatic, I think that the vapcap is going to be an iconic device (if not already). They way the company operates and understands the needs of its customers is beyond impressive. You can see there's passion,love and dedication to provide a top of the line product.
But to be honest what made me take the leap on getting a dynavap product was the amazing fan base. I don't think I have ever witnessed any other forum with so many well spoken, intelligent and helpful people.
I'll let you guys be now. Thank you for enduring my rumbling and forgive my -possibly- weird english (not a native english speaker) Thank you so much @VapCap and FCers for helping me literally change my life. And @Squiby , you are magic. Thank you so so much for all the invaluable info (that hemp filter is pure genius ) My lungs are already feeling the love!

Last edited:
Top Bottom