beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I got some new batteries and bits for my Dremel tool. I shortened the original cobalt blue accidentally on purpose and I like it. The short green on the left is sweet through my j hook and the clear, cobalt blue and burnt orange are wonderful when used natively using mouth pulls.

This is my Dynaglass Family.

AgQrsbG.jpg

NicholasPetris

In general, I don't think I'd recommend the o-ring trick with a bare steel stem, especially with the SS tip; it can easily get too hot to comfortably handle. (Gen 4-5 Ti tips can be acceptable since they cool quickly.) The airport provides some much-appreciated cooling. Those who proceed should exercise great caution! (some bits of Magic-Flight silicone tubing can be sufficient for protection)

Even my Ti Omni XL can momentarily get uncomfortably hot near the tip.

DirtyD

Do y'all think m.c.t. coconut oil is good for my Blackwood nona stem and uni? Sure looks good on them but I wonder about that type oil in the long run. Thanks! D

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Do y'all think m.c.t. coconut oil is good for my Blackwood nona stem and uni? Sure looks good on them but I wonder about that type oil in the long run. Thanks! D
There's always a chance that food based oils will go bad. Waxes like bees wax and paraffin will not spoil.

Vaseline or Chapstick would honestly be better in a pinch than any organic based oil.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
avorite J-Hook guys?

I did a search and didn’t have much luck.

Thanks!
Have you visited here?
The J-hook thread! | FC Vaporizer Review Forum
I got some new batteries and bits for my Dremel tool. I shortened the original cobalt blue accidentally on purpose and I like it. The short green on the left is sweet through my j hook and the clear, cobalt blue and burnt orange are wonderful when used natively using mouth pulls.

This is my Dynaglass Family.
Cool! I tought about getting a glass cutter before and make glass condensers.

trfe

A Humboldt J (if you can get it) is a nice size, to sport with a VapCap.

Y6i5WuM.jpg
Damn. That looks perfect. Doesn’t look like it was mass produced unfortunately. Can’t seem to find that guy.

Thanks though !

@trfe I have two of these on order. https://www.grasscity.com/us_en/black-leaf-connector.html

I believe it was @Summer 's suggestion. They are available in 14mm and 18mm. Mine should arrive in a few days if you want to wait for some feedback.

I’ve seen those. $10 is a great price.

It’s tough finding colored glass huh? Seems that would ideal for a j-hook to keep it looking clean, even if it’s not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexis

Hello fellow vapcappers, it's always nice to pop in here, sorry it isn't more often but Im not any use here, you folks have got EVERYTHING vapcap figured right out!

I still use my Omnivap most days, whichever other vape I am using. It is always in rotation. But I have kind of stopped using it dry at all as it causes a lot more bother to my throat and lungs.
However, my favorite use of the Omnivap is when I'm sat in bed to put me out at night, at which it excells.

This is much more enjoyable hitting it straight. A bubbler is harder draw work for a start, not the same completely detached experience. I start drifting off after each hit, swinging back around again until I can finish a load or two.

So I had an idea- I have never ever used a J hook. It looks like a good idea for a compromise- some extra cooling, with a more relaxed bed (or anytime) ritual.
So Im gonna grab my first J hook from dhgate. I can also get an ashcatcher as an extra option. I can see that being a more relaxed process than a bubbler. I have looked at all the options on dhgate. I think this is what I am going for:
https://m.dhgate.com/product/jhook-.../408494668.html#mvdpd-1-9|null:01:r0656749773
https://m.dhgate.com/product/glass-...egrees/406786323.html#s1-9-1;searl|1010966314

I just thought I would throw this out here in case someone has a counter recommendation, or if I something obvious is escaping me.
I don't know if I would prefer the 90° or 45° angled ashcatcher, with no experience.
My gut says 90°. The J hook in the link looks just right for that.

So if anyone has any useful thought on that I would love to hear, but no problem really, I am likely going to get this combo unless persuaded otherwise at the altar!

Warm wishes to all anyhow for a nice, cozy weekend.:smug:

Edit- just saw the J hook inquiry above and link to the thread I didn't know about. Heading there now!

Marlon Rando

Cheers! Hope all of us on the East Coast are safe and dry after that weather mess. Good mojo to those up North who got hit real hard.
lIQtyn0.jpg
thanks, my whole area lost power for 24 hours, just got it back a few hours ago, some folks wont get restored till mid week, it felt like camping indoors:tup: amazing how much we take electricity for granted.

kushkush

happy camper....
Hello fellow vapcappers, it's always nice to pop in here, sorry it isn't more often but Im not any use here, you folks have got EVERYTHING vapcap figured right out!

I still use my Omnivap most days, whichever other vape I am using. It is always in rotation. But I have kind of stopped using it dry at all as it causes a lot more bother to my throat and lungs.
However, my favorite use of the Omnivap is when I'm sat in bed to put me out at night, at which it excells.

This is much more enjoyable hitting it straight. A bubbler is harder draw work for a start, not the same completely detached experience. I start drifting off after each hit, swinging back around again until I can finish a load or two.

So I had an idea- I have never ever used a J hook. It looks like a good idea for a compromise- some extra cooling, with a more relaxed bed (or anytime) ritual.
So Im gonna grab my first J hook from dhgate. I can also get an ashcatcher as an extra option. I can see that being a more relaxed process than a bubbler. I have looked at all the options on dhgate. I think this is what I am going for:
https://m.dhgate.com/product/jhook-.../408494668.html#mvdpd-1-9|null:01:r0656749773
https://m.dhgate.com/product/glass-...egrees/406786323.html#s1-9-1;searl|1010966314

I just thought I would throw this out here in case someone has a counter recommendation, or if I something obvious is escaping me.
I don't know if I would prefer the 90° or 45° angled ashcatcher, with no experience.
My gut says 90°. The J hook in the link looks just right for that.

So if anyone has any useful thought on that I would love to hear, but no problem really, I am likely going to get this combo unless persuaded otherwise at the altar!

Warm wishes to all anyhow for a nice, cozy weekend.:smug:

Edit- just saw the J hook inquiry above and link to the thread I didn't know about. Heading there now!

Because I love the Vapcaps sooooo much, my goal has been to soften the hit as it’s a bit harsh sometimes and I really must avoid that. After using just about everything bubbler-wise I’ve now settled on the Vapor-Lung that I made myself with a little help from YouTube. 2nd best I’ve found is the Glass Lung with the Mason Jar and long whip. I like the Glass Lung because it’s so easy to clean and if it breaks I just have to buy another Mason jar. Wonderful set-up.

For the Vapor-Lung I suggest using the flimsy-est plastic bag you can find because it needs to rest by itself at the top inside of the bottle so you can take a hit (meaning ‘pull on the string’) and expand the bag fully. It works exactly like the Volcano. I’m simply finding that this gives me the very smoothest (alot less harsh) hits I can get. :)

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Top Bottom