beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Having been a smoker for 30 years I find the weight and feel of a torch very natural to me which is why I never had any interest in the induction heater. Nevertheless I can't help but feel curious why so many prefer using it to a torch? Is there something I am missing and should be aware of?

@almost there On a purely user level: I'm good with a torch, but the IH seems to be better. Very even roasting and very even ABV with great extraction. But I've only been at this for less than 90 days. Closer to 60 with DV in general.

I also like that there's no piezo click and butane hiss. And although I don't lack dexterity in my hands I do have tendonitis; the IH helps me.

And for on the go, I think this is perfect. Due to the smell it's not going to be discrete per se, but it's not going to look to the ignorant like you're heating a crack pipe either.

And the Portside could work on a walk in winter spring or fall when you're wearing a light jacket.

For me it's a game changer, but YMMV.

Dustydurban

Having been a smoker for 30 years I find the weight and feel of a torch very natural to me which is why I never had any interest in the induction heater. Nevertheless I can't help but feel curious why so many prefer using it to a torch? Is there something I am missing and should be aware of?

Can you fire the cap 1 handed?
just sayin

Last edited:

almost there

Can you fire the cap 1 handed?
just saying
I can't but the routine is so ingrained in me that it doesn't feel like an inconvenience. To anyone who uses a folk and knife to eat they do it without any thought and it's done by muscle memory. To me, a chopstick user, the knife and folk is a 2 handed chore so I get what you are saying. It's a poor analogy but I get the parallel

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
For me, it's a whole new ballgame in the Dynaverse.:spliff:

Again, thanks to @Pipes, and VapCap.

I couldn't agree more @stark1.

And @almost there This could very well be one of those magical Dynaverse instances where it's not about better or best, right or wrong, but customizing the user experience. And about what's right when for you, or others. You know? It's the Dynaverse.

The vapcap is so incredibly fun, and seemingly 'easy' to customize and accessorize. I say easy only from the user standpoint. Thanks to smart and talented people like @Pipes, @phattpiggie, @Winegums, @Ed's TnT, @stardustsailor, and George (and probably many others) people like me have an opportunity to customize the experience to suit our tastes, budgets, and needs.

I love the craft nature of the Vapcap and I am a very happy citizen of the Dynaverse.

ArthurJ

I love the craft nature of the Vapcap and I am a very happy citizen of the Dynaverse.

I strongly agree with this sentiment.
I consider myself an "avid enthusiast"

It's ironic that a device designed for use without batteries is much loved for its use with the battery powered induction heaters. It's a testament to the flexibility of the device. I, for one, don't really care much for messing with lighters so I really love my induction heaters.

I like that when I use a VC with glass I can pop the portside mini on top of the cap while leaving it placed in the glass.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The only gas in my house comes out of the Mrs usually accompanied by a smug grin.

I wouldn't be without induction heating now.

For me it takes the VC to another level because there's as much heat if not more than a torch but with more control.
More important for me is the quiet.
Silent VC use makes for a more serene experience.

Mini, stem, stash pot and another battery tester I'm playing with all in a Beats headphone case.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Yummy... Guess what is becoming part of a nice sandwich in my Vapcap within the next 5mins... ;)
fjreRMO.jpg

Last edited:

ArthurJ

Here is a shot of my abv when I overroast it. I try to use @phattpiggie's method of not waiting for the cool down click but heating for three seconds between draws. Sometimes I lose track of what I am doing (gee I wonder why) and heat for 5 or 6 seconds because I forget that I'm not waiting for a click so it gets a little scorched, as do I.

Here's my more usual abv:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Does everyone draw until it clicks, or do you draw for like 7 seconds and then just let it cool down. Does drawing make the vape cool faster or slower? I would think the most efficient method would be drawing until it clicks to ensure no vapor is wasted while it's still hot.

Depends on my daily lung condition and propensity. Sometimes, I take several short draws (3-4) within the clicks or just one big long toke until it clicks again. Both works fine. There is no or practically no vapor wasted as long as you do not draw. The loss is really so small that I do not even consider it as a problem. Never feel pressed to draw until it clicks again. Draw as long as you feel comfortable, then wait for the cool-down click and heat again.

There are so many different ways to enjoy a Vapcap... The Dynavap magic! I mean, how many other Vapes offer that variety in usage and user experience within just one device? Not many.

Godspeed

My cannabis journey started a little over a year ago in an effort to control seizures and the FC community has been an absolute blessing. During that time I attempted to find the best device to administer the correct micro-dose to place me below the sub-seizure threshold, which is currently ~.05mg a day.

With the above in mind, I first purchased the Firefly 2, then the VapeXhale EVO, and finally two Ti Omnivaps. Through much experimentation I have concluded the following. (Please remember that this is how I feel about these devices and your experience may be drastically different.)

The Firefly 2 has worked flawlessly but I find the cleaning, stirring, and the less than optimal effects to be a disappointment. The 'high' is very different than the Omnivap or EVO using the exact same flower. I would almost characterize it as a 'blunted' feeling that does not deliver me to a better place. On average, I have to use four (4) times the flower to get evenly remotely where I need to be compared to the Ti Omnivap.

The VapeXhale EVO is a stellar unit but way too powerful for my micro-dosing needs at this time. The first time I loaded up this monster with .05mg of flower it launched me into orbit like a Saturn V rocket. I was used to sipping the .05mg over a two hour period but the EVO delivered the vapor in one hit. For me this experience was not fun, although if you are an experienced user with considerably higher tolerance than me the EVO could be the rocket you are looking for. The EVO should really come with a warning that you 'Must Be This Tall to Ride' to warn novices like myself.

The two Ti Omnivaps with the chambers set at 50% have been what I have been using exclusively for quite a while. The ability to take four hits per chamber over a two hour period has been perfect for me. On the other end of the spectrum, the sports that wish to use a full chamber and inhale it in one massive hit have the flexibility to do that.

Below are the tools I own minus one Ti Omnivap XL which I purchased after this picture was taken.

The Firefly 2 and the VapeXhale EVO are both back in their boxes and get zero use.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@ArthurJ tamp the load. 1mm ish below the lip of the bowl.
The clicker gets hot and scorches the load.
I'm on the M tip, I tried the Ti you are using the other day and promptly returned to the SS.
Interesting that you said that. I would expect the SS tip would be better at hitting the VC your way, not waiting for the click because it hold heat a little longer. So, a little longer to heat, but better at taking more heat before the click.

And, BTW, in defense of Mrs P, I'd bet money you expel gas at LEAST 14 times a day. You may, however, do it without the smile... :goon:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Another thing for all you out there using a degummed hemp fiber filter...
I have replaced the hemp fiber completely with this here in the meantime:

WFw7Oik.jpg

I am not saying that it is better than the hemp fiber, but it is much easier (and cheaper) for me to source.

It's called "Organic Muji Cotton", coming from Japan and easy to order via e.g. Amazon. 180 sheets cost EUR 3.00 / USD 3.50 and will probably last for the rest of my life. The pads can very easily get cut into small squares to fit into the tip or under the tip filter within the air path. No fiddling around, easy to apply.

Not only do they nicely collect the honey (and can just get stuffed into the tip to get vaped when soaked), they also do not add much resistance to the draw and are neutral in taste. Real good stuff. And if you are a Drag Queen - They are fabulous for removing Make-Up, as I have been told by a friend of a friend.

Last edited:

shredder

My cannabis journey started a little over a year ago in an effort to control seizures and the FC community has been an absolute blessing. During that time I attempted to find the best device to administer the correct micro-dose to place me below the sub-seizure threshold, which is currently ~.05mg a day.

With the above in mind, I first purchased the Firefly 2, then the VapeXhale EVO, and finally two Ti Omnivaps. Through much experimentation I have concluded the following. (Please remember that this is how I feel about these devices and your experience may be drastically different.)

The Firefly 2 has worked flawlessly but I find the cleaning, stirring, and the less than optimal effects to be a disappointment. The 'high' is very different than the Omnivap or EVO using the exact same flower. I would almost characterize it as a 'blunted' feeling that does not deliver me to a better place. On average, I have to use four (4) times the flower to get evenly remotely where I need to be compared to the Ti Omnivap.

The VapeXhale EVO is a stellar unit but way too powerful for my micro-dosing needs at this time. The first time I loaded up this monster with .05mg of flower it launched me into orbit like a Saturn V rocket. I was used to sipping the .05mg over a two hour period but the EVO delivered the vapor in one hit. For me this experience was not fun, although if you are an experienced user with considerably higher tolerance than me the EVO could be the rocket you are looking for. The EVO should really come with a warning that you 'Must Be This Tall to Ride' to warn novices like myself.

The two Ti Omnivaps with the chambers set at 50% have been what I have been using exclusively for quite a while. The ability to take four hits per chamber over a two hour period has been perfect for me. On the other end of the spectrum, the sports that wish to use a full chamber and inhale it in one massive hit have the flexibility to do that.

Below are the tools I own minus one Ti Omnivap XL which I purchased after this picture was taken.

The Firefly 2 and the VapeXhale EVO are both back in their boxes and get zero use.

That's impressive that you get seizure control on much small amounts! My friend with epilepsy requires a good deal more, and cbd dominate herb helps him as well. Marijuana truly a godsend for a lot of people who suffer seizures.

Your post reminds me that I should take a tolerance break soon. Lately I automatically do two full omni loads, about 4-5 times a day. And then there's the evening mighty session x 2, and the cannacap at night, lol. I think my cannabinoid receptors are pretty much filled, lol. I probably need about half of what I actually consume.

Top Bottom